- Text Size +

With that embarassing event over, I headed towards the bus lot.  I had been on the same bus for the last two years: bus 744, in the front left corner of the bus lot.  It was one of the least-used buses in my school zone, coming from a nicer part of town, and the edge of the school zone.  Usually there were only five or so other people on it, which was nice, because that meant less stops.  As I walked on to the bus, I was one of the first ones on, like usual.


As I sat and waited for the bus to leave, I looked out the window at all of the people passing by.  I saw the regulars get on, most of them people I didn't like to associate with, for one reason or another.  One of the last people to get on was my sister, fashionably late, as always.  She sat down in the seat accross the aisle from me.


"So how was your day?" I asked, trying to make some basic small talk.


"Good," she said.


"Mine was, too,"  I said, after giving her a chance to ask how mine was.  She's obviously not in a talkative mood.


"Meet any new people?" I asked.


"No."


"Really?" I asked.  "It's the first day of a new school year at a new school, and you didn't meet a single, solitary person?"


"Shut up!" she said.


We sat in silence for a couple of minutes, until she finally broke it.


"I met a girl named Melonie, and a guy named Faraz."


"Faraz?" I said.  "That's a cool name."


"Yeah," she said.  "He's Egyptian."

"Like 'Pharaoh,'" I said.


"Yeah," she said, still sounding rather melancholy.


"What did you do in your class?" I asked.


"What do you think?" she snapped.


"Meet 'n' greet games," I said.  She just nodded.


"Come on!" I said.  "Talk to me!  Do more than just answer my questions!

 Engage in conversation!  Please?"


"Fine," she said, irritated.  "How was your fricken' day?"


"Well!" I said, with faux shock in my voice.  "I got a bad group."


"Mhm," she said, staring bleakly out the window.


"I got stuck with four girls.  And the worst part is that all but one of them are taller than me."


"Far be it for a girl to be taller than you," she said.


"It may not be an extremely rare event, but it still sort of bothers me."


"Ok," she said.  "Who's in your group?"


"You won't know them."


"I don't care," she said, whinily.  "Who's in your group?"


"An Asian girl named Jessica," I said, "an Indian girl named Nataline, and two white girls, one named Hannah, the other named Stephanie."


"Hm," she said, still peering out the window.


After a couple more minutes, we arrived at out stop, and began the walk home.  It wasn't a long walk, being no more than a tenth of a mile, but still a fairly lengthy walk.


"What's up with you?" I asked.  "You've been in a sour mood since you got on the bus."


"Nothing!" she snapped.


"Ok then," I said, deciding not to press the issue.


When we got home, I went to my room and played on my computer.  Nothing productive, just some flash games and time wasting websites.  After four hours of that, my mom called us to the kitchen, and we ate dinner.  She tried to make small talk, but I was too busy inhaling my food, and Jennifer was preoccupied with a spot on the table, still appearing to be in a sour mood.  As soon as we finnished dinner, I went back to my room to sleep.


I woke up the next morning and showered. I dressed simply: a tank top and some Levi jeans.  I walked to the bus stop with Jennifer, hopped on the bus, and rode to school.  Once I was at school, I sat at my desk in Mrs. O'Neal's room, and waited for class to start.


After some time, class started, and Mrs. O'Neal began her lecture.  She went on and on about something particularly boring.  Something like the impact of the potato on the modern pizza industry, or how computer usage depletes milk in Africa.  Some BS like that that teachers love to teach, and then have a 50 question fill-in-the-blank pop-test on the next day.  I was about to fall asleep, when I suddenly felt a tightness in my chest.


'Could this be it?' I thought.  'Is this The Turnover?'


Whether it was or wasn't, Mrs. O'Neal kept on running her mouth.


Whatever it was, it felt weird.  I felt a feeling in my lungs, like bronchitis, and a tingly feeling on my chest and legs.  I looked down, and two little mounds were appearing on my chest.  I looked around, and noticed it was happening to the other guys, too.


I felt my legs stretching longer, my new boobs pressing tighter against my shirt, my jeans being pulled tighter against my butt.  My hair grew out, and fell neatly around my shoulders.  I had turned in to a girl.  I looked around, to see if The Guy was in my classroom.  He was!  He was just a couple desks over!  Overcome with lustfull desire, I lept at him, burning with passion.  Right as I was about to collide with him, -


BAM!  Some noise woke me from my dream.  I was soaked with sweat.  I was breathing heavily.  I looked at the clock, which glowed dimly "02:30 AM."  I had a good feeling about today.  With that, I rolled over and fell back asleep.

That morning, as soon as my alarm went off, I was up, and into the shower.  I threw on some comfortable gender-neutural clothes (a fairly tight mussle shirt and some sweat pants), and ate a quick breakfast of cereal.  With that, I found Jennifer, and we headed off to the bus stop.  We waited for a minute, until the bus came, and then got on.