- Text Size +

A set of double doors appeared out of nothingness and a female shaped form composed of shadow and stars stepped through, slowly the shadows left and revealed the alabaster complexioned goddess, known to mortals as Lillian.

She smoothed a lock of shoulder length, dark violet hair from her face as she walked into the room proper, her bare thighs occasionally brushed by the long cloth of her robe as she approached a glowing, eerie circle that seethed and writhed with energies not meant for most mortals.

"Such a pity you chose to bring harm to my children's faithful," she murmured darkly, arms crossed over her pert and ample chest.

Lillian smiled coolly as she stared at the glowing, rune inscribed circle etched within the black stone floor laced with deep, red glowing marbling. She smiled as she felt the cool feel of the floor on her sole and the soft smack of her feet as she walked closer towards the circle.

What was about to take place was to be a lesson, a harsh, cruel lesson for those who would deface the temples to her own regardless if they walked in the light, or worked through shadow.

It was a simple matter for her, magic on this level required so very little of her effort, while city began to materialize slowly in the circle barely coming up to her ankle.

To a casual observer it might seem as though the great goddess shrunk the now ankle sized metropolis. In truth in her realm she was at her natural height, a height she rarely showed in the mortal realms, as of right now the tallest buildings of what was once the gem of the western lands now barely reached her ankle.

"All you poor souls had to do was accept the presence of my child's temple but no you had to ostracize them, hurt them, run them off into the wilds," she said calmly as she arced a leg, which allowed a delicate, freshly manicured toe to trace around the area, the crackling magic drawn to it like lightning to an antennae as the city finished its materialization into the dark goddess's realm.

-------

The city of Straffen was the largest city on the western continent, a home to some of the greatest artists and was a great hub of trade for the area, but now the great city's people were in a panic as the entire city was covered in shadow, the sky grew so dark that night itself would be envious. The ground shook and weaker structures groaned on their foundations as purple arcs of angry light surged overhead.

But as suddenly as the quakes came and the strange light showed itself, it all stopped and left the city's terrified and confused people in darkness save for those few who had wits enough to bring light.

It was then they saw a toe the size of the sun which until recently shown in the sky coast lazily overhead, the underside clipping a high clock tower and sending the ruins crashing into the ground.

Lillian giggled, despite her displeasure at the disrespectful mortal city at her feet as she let her presence sink in, her blue eyes looking like angry, fiery twin suns as they locked onto the doomed city.

She set each foot into the circle ever so slowly, letting her pale soles coast over the city to let people take in the scent of her recently washed form, to let her scent permeate the doomed city as her deific voice echoed within each citizen's mind.

"You have been judged, you have been sentenced for not knowing your place and daring to harm those who would give us the worship we deserve," she wiggled her bare toes as each foot settled onto the city, the pops and crunches of buildings, some hundreds of years old, some crafted by artists and architects of world renown tickled her soles before being reduced to easily forgotten dust.

With hands on her hips she shoved one foot forward, leaving behind a smear of grey dust dotted with miniscule dots of red which were formerly Straffen citizens.

"Your punishment brings me pleasure and shall send a strong message, I hope you insects take joy in serving a purpose to your goddesses," she punctuated her decree with a hard stomp down onto the city square, somewhat surprised that the miniscule buildings offered even the faintest of resistance before she heard the satisfying groans and pops as her foot pressed down, the sensation of businesses, government buildings and others popping like dusty bubble wrap giving her a cruel satisfaction as she knew there were mortals inside, hoping to escape her wrath.

It must've been horrible for them she thought, as they ruefully reflected on their folly, to hear supports give way, to see cracks open only to reveal her sole or a toe instead of daylight or a rescuing hand and then nothing save the sound of their own bones and organs as they exploded beneath tons of debris and her delicate foot.

A soft moan escaped Lillian as she ground her foot down as if snuffing out some annoying bug she'd found, even as that act of destruction was finished, her other foot followed suit and went down ever do slowly on another section, leaving behind a perfectly shaped foot print within the grey debris that was once the richest part of town.

She extended her senses, felt their terror, even saw what they saw as she brought her wrinkled, dust and blood covered sole down on them, she felt as they raised their hands, cried out before it ended with a barely noticeable crunch.

That was the sound the city heard as more and more of it became nothing but dusty and body strewn footprints beneath the goddess's wrath, the horrible sound of mobs of people running only to let out blood choked screams as her heel, or toe or the ball of her foot caught hundreds of worthless mortals beneath  them.

Then it ended, Lillian looked at her dusty, blood specked feet and was pleased as she stepped off the city and out of her magical circle. The city of Steffen was nothing more than a dusty grey crater littered with her footprints caused by her perfect, deadly feet.

She hmms quietly, it did leave her one issue, not one she cared much about on a personal level but it would save her headaches. A city so large that had gone missing and left a miles wide crater would draw some form of annoyance from the lesser goddesses, yet she wished to leave a strong message.

Straffen reappeared that same day, rather parts of it. Within the great crater where the once great city stood were now strange rimmed, elongated craters, with canyon like rifts between them. After they rematerialized, a torrent of water came rushing up from the canyon a "gift" from the water goddess at Lillian's asking.

Lillian's heralds spread news of Straffen's demise and why it was brought to pass, the area now an inland sea littered with islands in the shape of Lillian's deific feet and mortals ordered to tend to the dead and debris laden things.

Her decree was that the chain of footprint be dubbed something fitting, taking pleasure in what Emily's daughter came up with, the Goddess step archipelago.

While not her intent, the area soon became a bustling center of trade again, as well as a center of natural wonder, the Goddess's high shapely footsteps offering a very unique and hilly terrain, her high arches having created mountains.

Not that she cared, just so long as it served as a reminder of a mortals place and that disrespect would not be tolerated.