- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Thank you guys for supporting my story and even reading it! It means a lot to me! Feedback is always welcome! 

 

This chapter is a bit shorter but I'm still writing ^^


Andy and Jesse switched to playing Xbox after a few minutes into their conversation. They were playing some zombie game - Left for Dead or something? I was cheering Andy on, for no particular reason. I sat on Jesse’s thigh while his enormous arm was somewhat wrapped around me to hold the remote.

“Give me your healing pack!” Andy exclaimed. He was pressing buttons like crazy, practically facerolling the damn thing.

They’d turned the volume down to 4...out of 60. It was generous of them.

“You’re not even below half health, Jesse! Jesus, just give it to him and stop being a little bitch!” I yelled.

Stunned, Jesse paused the game and glared down at me, but Andy spoke before he could say anything.

“Hey! The truth comes out! Way to go Dakota!” He threw his head back and laughed.

Jesse pushed me down with his index finger and pressed me against his leg. “Try me,” he grinned.

“What is that supposed to mean?” I giggled harshly, lacking amusement. My mini hands tried lifting his finger off, to no avail.

“Jesse…I didn’t mean what I said.”

“And you told me not to scare her?” Andy threw Jesse’s hand off of me.

“Koty, I didn’t mean to make you afraid! I was just messing around. You can call me a little bitch to your hearts content. Just stop supporting Andy in this round and I’ll let you off with a warning,” he smirked.

Relieved, the three of us went back to playing (or watching) the game. Every now and then, I’d jump to Jesse’s remote and kick random buttons, hoping to slow him down. He’d gently throw me off and tell me to annoy Andy. Of course, I repeatedly harassed him instead.

After two more rounds of zombie killing, Andy had to get home. He got his stuff together and before walking out the door, he asked if he could speak with me privately. I nodded, as did Jesse, somewhat trusting now.

We were on the porch, away from the parents who were most likely getting “it” on in their room. Jesse said goodbye and was putting his controllers and Xbox away while we spoke. He was ordered to come and get me in two minutes.

I rested and relaxed on Andy’s palm. He was still a bit shaky, but he’d calmed down since.

“Sorry,” I said, adjusting myself.

“No, no. Are you comfortable?” he said cooly.

“Yeah. So, what’s up?” I asked, blinking up and Andy’s giant face.

“I wanted to ask you something,” he started, “Just something minor.”

“Okay,” I nodded, waiting for him to speak.

“Well…” he began, face reddening, “I’d like to take you on a date...if-if you’re interested, of course…” Now I could see why he had done this privately, aside the idea of doing it publicly, he did not want Jesse finding out. My suspicion was justified when he added, “and...could you keep this a secret? Jesse would kill me…” Andy looked away, staring at the sky.

“You can look at me,” I laughed, feeling giddy, “I’d love to, Andy! I’ve never had a life...until...until now! With Jesse and you, I feel so normal and alive! Yes!”

I could hear the burst of air release from his chest. He sighed, obviously relieved.

“I’ll see about coming over again soon...taking you with me will have to wait until Jesse releases you from his nest,” he laughed. “I’m really glad.”

Andy raised his hand slowly. I rocked back and forth but was intrigued when he allowed me to sit on his shoulder. I scooted next to the collar of his shirt, and feeling courageous, I skipped close enough to his face and pecked him on the cheek. Andy seemed to be shocked, and slightly humiliated, yet giddy.

“Thank you. Koty, is it?”

“That’s right!” I smiled, kneeling down and gripping the fabric on his shirt. We sat talking for a few more minutes until Jesse came outside, joining us. He looked interested to see me on Andy’s shoulder...and something else… I couldn’t tell. His eyebrows were narrowed yet he wore a smile. Jealousy?

“Bye, Andy!” I exclaimed, waving idiotically off of Jesse’s palm. When we went inside, I felt as if I had begun my life. However, Jesse looked a bit sad.

“Are you alright?” I cooed, placing both of my hands on his thumb.

“Of course. I’m really happy that everything went well, and hopefully he comes back again soon,” he smiled.

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah, don’t worry about me. I should be the one worrying about you; your...er outfit...is kind of sliding off a little,” he stated awkwardly.

“Haha, you act as if I care. Jesse, I’ll run around naked.”

“Please don’t!” he blushed, chuckling.

“Does Sam have any doll clothes? Not sure what I could fashion, but there is hope for anything. Mostly.”

“I’ll go ask-”

“Ask her how she’s feeling!” I demanded.

“She’s fine-”

“Ask.”

“Okay,” he smiled, gently letting me off his palm onto his pillow. He left the room for a few minutes, but came back with his arms full.

“Apparently,” he began, “dolls are too mainstream. She’s trying to be a hipster, I guess,” he laughed. “Here’s what she gave me,” he said, laying out pink jumpsuits and yellow prom dresses.

“Is there...anything casual?” I wondered aloud.

“Yeah, I know what you mean. Oh! This, here,” he pulled out a simple aqua dress that gathered at the waist. It even had a small flower on the left hip.

“How cute!” I exclaimed, jumping up for it. He let it down, and I instantly began dropping out of my clothes. Jesse had spun around before he even realized what I was doing.

I slipped into the dress, which ripped a tiny bit in the back since the fabric was so thin. Other than that, it fit perfectly. There was even a doll hairbrush he had brought too (even for my short locks). I felt like a princess.

“You can turn around now!” I smirked, pretending I was a model. I posed with my hands on my hips, silently declaring my sassy attitude and confidence. Jesse laughed at me.

“You look adorable! But act...normal!” I relaxed and he smiled down at me, “You really do look beautiful.”

“You think so?” I cheered, excited.

“Yes, now come here, princess,” he grinned. Jesse held onto me tightly but gently and spun me around the room, like mothers do with their toddlers. It was just as fun, though, maybe even more. I realized the energy I had been bursting with began draining.

Knock, knock, knock.

Jesse instantly put me down on his bed, next to the pile of doll clothes. He ran over to his door and wedged it open, so the visitor could only see a sliver of the boy.

“Do you realize what time it is? You’re making so much noise. Get to bed,” Melissa demanded.

“Sorry, Mom.” Jesse quietly eased the door shut and flicked the light switch.

“Guess we’re going to bed.” He marched over to his unmade bed and threw the doll clothes on the ground. Gently, Jesse lifted me up and brought me to my bed. He went to lay in his as I got comfortable, slipping inside the blankets.

It was eerily silent, aside from Jesse’s inhales and exhales.

“Jesse?” I asked quietly, unsure if he could hear me. Should I tell him about Andy? I actually didn’t know if I even felt anything for him. Impulsively, I’d said yes. I didn’t fully trust him yet, even. But there’s a rush I get when I am with him. It’s not the same rush I get when I’m with Jesse, though. Jesse gives me chills...he makes me feel shy, girly, embarassed, confident...but Andy makes me feel alive. I can’t predict him, but that only makes me intrigued. My gut told me to drop Andy, as he might only use me for his own sexual pleasure. Jesse would never. I needed to decide. The decision is simple.

“Yeah?” he mumbled.

“Goodnight.”



 

Chapter End Notes:

Next chapter won't be out by tomorrow most likely but it will be out soon!