- Text Size +
Hannah pulled off her shoe to reveal her barefoot and I leaned in, extremely nervous. I stuck my nose against her foot, and, of course, began to shrink.

Lauren noticed first and gasped. "He's shrinking!" she exclaimed.

Hannah dropped her foot down in shock.

"What happened?" she asked.

Courtney and I exchanged a nervous glance again.

"Well," Courtney started. "He shrinks when he smells girl's feet..."

"He what?" asked Hannah.

"He shrinks when he smells girl's feet." she repeated.

"When he smells their feet???" gasped Maggie. "Would it work with mine?"

"I guess so." I said.

"Can we try?"

"I guess..." God, this was getting real old.

Maggie pulled off her sandals and lifted her bare feet.

I put my nose to them and smelled. They smelled all right, nothing that special.

When I pulled away, I was down to three and half feet. Well, their clothes fit me anyway.

"Can I have a turn?" Hannah asked.

At this point, I was done.

"No!" I said. "I'm tired of smelling girl's feet! I just want to be back to normal!"

Hannah got an angry look on her face and shoved me over. I hit the floor hard and she stomped her foot on my face. It stunk, but I could hardly smell it cause my nose felt like it was broken. I began to shrink.

"Stop!" yelled Courtney.

"Oh?" Hannah said, smirking evilly. "He your boyfriend, is he?"

"Hannah, just let him go!" Courtney shrieked.

She ran toward me, but Maggie and Lauren held her back. I was shrinking rapidly. I think I shrunk faster if the smelling was involuntary. After a while of excruciating pain and inhaling Hannah's foot funk, Courtney was able to wrench herself free. She pushed Hannah over and grabbed me by the wrist. I was 1/2 an inch, so she carried me down the stairs and out to her car.

"You're not safe until you're back to normal." said Courtney. "I'm gonna bring you to Sara's now."

And we drove off.
When we got to Sara's house, I was two feet tall and Courtney walked me up to the front door. She rung the doorbell and, luckily, Sara answered.

"Hey, Courtney...Ben!" Her face lit up when she saw me. "I was worried sick about you!"

"Well," I said. "I'm here now."

I turned to Courtney.

"Thanks so much for bringing me back."

"Eh," she said. "It was nothing."

I turned to go in when I heard her say, "Ben...I love you."

I turned back, shocked, and said, "I love you too, Courtney." and realized I meant it.

Courtney walked back to her car and drove away.

Sara walked me into her house and up to her bedroom. I had gained half a foot by the time we got there, so that was a very good thing.
When I walked through the door, she locked the door behind us. I should have seen it then and there, but how should I have known what was in store?