- Text Size +

Chapter 9 – The Investigation

Carlos opened his eyes and stretched. It was a bright Saturday morning. The bed was empty beside him. Looking around, he didn't see Deborah anywhere. “Deborah?” he called out, but there was no response. He got to her feet and paced back and forth on the bed, trying to find a way down to the floor. “Deborah?” he called out a few more times, but there was still no answer. Either she went out, or she couldn't hear him.

Deborah was seated at the table and sipped her coffee while she looked at her notebook screen. She  was logged into the NYPD database, looking through the files on the Bosati case, and didn't hear him calling her name. The coroners report wasn't done on the wife yet, but she knew they were connected somehow. There was something strange about the two murders, almost familiar. Both of them had been severely beaten. A few of the other detectives had discounted it as a settling of accounts, or a mob hit, but there just wasn't enough evidence to connect either of them to organized crime. Bosati was connected, that was for sure, but there was no documented cases connecting him to the underworld. She looked though some other cases, trying to find something in common.

Meanwhile, back in the bedroom, Carlos had finally made it to the floor, using the sheets to shimmy down. He walked across the hardwood floor to the bedroom door, where he stopped. Looking across to the kitchen, he saw Deborah sitting at the table. He shook his head, wondering how long it would have taken for her to come and check on him. About to yell her name, he stopped and decided to surprise her, no matter how dumb that seemed. As he approached the table, he saw her sock-clad feet tapping nervously on the floor. Stopping a foot or two away from her left foot, he waited for a few seconds until she stopped tapping it. Leaning in, he touched her ankle, just above her sock's cuff.

She felt something touch her and flinched, quickly moving her foot to the side. In one quick motion, Carlos was sent sliding across the floor. “Carlos!” she blurted out as she saw him come to a stop. She stood up and took a step toward him to see if he was okay. From his perspective, it was the first time he had seen her at her full height, looking up from eight inches tall. Her foot landed on the wood floor with a resounding thud. He got up on his elbows and stared up at her. She looked so huge to him, like she was fifty feet tall, with her sock-clad feet were on either side of him.
“Oh my God. I'm sorry sweetie. I didn't know you where there. You startled me.” she said, bending down. Her hand swooped down and her fingers slid under his back. She closed her hand around his torso and picked him up. Standing back up, she raised him to her face and asked “Are you okay?”
Nodding, he replied “I'm okay.”
Sighing a big sigh of relief, she said “You scared me. Next time, don't sneak up on me. You're lucky I didn't.....you know what, forget it.”
“Step on me?” he asked. “Is that what you were going to say?”

She brought him back to the table and lowered him to the surface, not even acknowledging what he said. “I made you something.” she said, handing him what looked like a pair of pants. “I cut the fingers out of a pair of cotton gloves. I thought you might like to have something to wear.”
Holding them up, he looked them over then said “Wow, Thanks.”
He put them on and pulled them up. The actually fit quite well, considering. “So what are you doing?” he asked, seeing she was logged in to the NYPD.
“I'm trying to find something connecting these murders. There really is something oddly familiar about them.”
Walking over to the keyboard, he started hitting the arrow keys, flipping thought the crime scene photos. He came across a few pictures of Bosati's wife. “Owww....what the fuck.” he blurted out seeing the beaten corpse. Continuing to flip through page after page of police data, he said “Wait a sec.” then flipped back a few pages. There was a picture of Antonio Bosati standing beside his limo.
“Look.” he said to Deborah pointing at the screen.
“It's Bosati.” she said.
“And what else do you see?” he yelped.
She leaned closer to get a better look. “What? Do you know how many stakeouts there were last year when they were trying to link him to one of the crime families? There's hundreds of them like that.”
Standing up and turning around, he looked up at her and said “Put your hand around me here.”
“What?” she asked
Pulling on her index finger, he guided her hand around his torso. “Close your hand around me, like you want to hold me.”
She did what he asked and said “I don't know what you're....”
“I want to show you something.” he said. “Now squeeze.”
“Carlos, I don't want to hurt you.” she said, pulling her hand away.
Motioning her to put her hand around him again, he said “Don't squeeze like you're trying to hurt me, just squeeze hard enough to make some indentations on my skin.”
Deborah frowned, then said “Okay, but tell me if I'm pressing too hard.”
Carlos looked down as her fingers contracted around him. The pressure was not that bad, but it was so clear that she could easily collapse his torso if she wanted to. “Is that okay?” she asked.
“A little harder.” he said.

She exerted a little more pressure on him and he gasped. She instantly opened her hand and released him. “Are you okay?” she asked.
He looked at his stomach and ran his hands across the reddened lines cause by her fingers. “I'm sorry.” she said, stroking him with her finger. “Look!” he said.
“I said I'm sorry. You asked me to do it.” she said.
“See the marks?” he asked.
“Yeah I see the marks Carlos.” she answered in a frustrated tone.
 Turning around, he pressed the left arrow key and went back to Bosati's wife. “Look at her. The same marks as me.”

Deborah looked at the picture, then at him. She looked puzzled.
“Oh man.” he said, pressing the right arrow key, stopping on the picture of Bosati and his limo.
“Carlos, you're loosing me.” she told him.
“Look at the building in the background.” he said.
Looking closer, she said “So?”
“You don't recognize it?” he wailed.
Shaking her head, she looked closer. “No, it's a brick building.”
“That,” he said, pointing at the screen “is that bitch Mitchell's building.”
“No it's not.” she said, seeing very convinced. “She has nothing to do with it.”
Carlos looked at Deborah for a few seconds, wondering why she seemed so sure. “What do you mean, she has nothing to do with it?” he asked her in a sceptical tone.
“You just blurt out Paige's name, out of the blue.” she said. “I know she did this to you, but I don't see the connection.”
“Don't you get it!” he hollered at her. “She's shrinking people, just like me, crushing them and returning them back to their normal size.”

“You're being paranoid.” she told him.
“Let's go over there and see. Bring your notebook so we can see the picture against the real thing.” he said, sounding totally convinced.
“What are you going to do Carlos, walk there?” she asked.
Seeming a little angered, he looked at her chest. She saw his eyes shift and she knew exactly what he was doing. She stood up and grabbed her coffee cup, then looked down at him with a look of disappointment. “I am not putting you in my bra, but nice try. You can play me once Carlos.” she said, walking into the kitchen to get more coffee. Returning to the table, she sipped her coffee and looked down at him, shaking her head.
“I'm serious!” he shouted. “Look at me for Christ’s sake. Are you going to tell me she can't shrink people?”
“Look.” she said. “It's obvious what has happened to you, but think about what you are saying.”
“You have to investigate this Deborah. This is no joke.” he yelled.
“Really.” she stated in a sarcastic tone. “Looking up, she spoke in a mocking tone, “Okay so let's get this straight. We need to get a search warrant. So we go see a judge and say...We need a search warrant....The judge says okay....what's your evidence? We say...well we think this person can shrink people and is crushing them to death, then letting them grow back to normal size and....yada yada yada. The judge says.... Have a nice day and have your captain call me so we can have you evaluated to see if you are still fit for duty.”

Shaking her head and shrugging her shoulders, she said “Give me a break. The only thing your serious about was getting me to put you in my bra, and trying to trick me into making you smaller.” she said.
Carlo exhaled loudly, knowing she didn't believe him. “I'm not trying to trick you! Would you just listen to me!”
She knelt on the floor and place her hands on the table, then lowered her chin down onto her fingers and said “Come here.”
He walked over in front of her and stopped. “Closer.” she said.
He stepped closer. Her eyes were directly opposite his. She paused for a second or two and said “Carlos, lets get something straight. You're eight inches tall. I can do whatever I want with you, and there isn't a fucking thing you can do about it.” Holding her fingers apart, she said “If I wanted to make you smaller, you would be this big already.”

Her eyes shifted down to his pants. He was rock hard. Looking back at him, she said “See. What did I tell you?” Carlos looked down at himself, then backed up a few steps. “You don't need to play head games. If you need me to be a little more dominant with you, just ask. I'm all yours.”
Standing back up, she looked down at him, he was still trying to cover himself. “I'm going to grab a quick shower, then I have to go out and get a few things. Do you need me to do anything for you, before I go?” she asked.
“I need to wash up.” he told her.
“Sure sweetie.” she replied. “I setup something for you?” she said.
“You said you're going to take a shower.” he stated.
She looked up and shook her head. “I had to open my big mouth.”
“I was just saying!” he shouted.
“Sure you were.” she replied.
“You're the one that said to ask if I wanted something, so I'm asking you to bring me in the shower with you. It's hard to get washed at my size. I need a little help. That's all.” he told her in no uncertain terms.
“Okay. Okay.” she replied. “I guess it's okay. Just don't get any ideas.” she said as she picked him up in her hand and carried him off to the bathroom, setting him down on the counter.

She pulled off one of her socks and tossed it on the counter beside Carlos. He looked down at it, then the second one landed almost on top of him. He looked up and yelled “Hey! Watch it with the stinky socks.”
Deborah was about to get undressed, but stopped to look down at him. “They don't stink. I just put them on this morning.”
“Sure.” he mocked her, holding his nose.
“If you want to see if it smells, I could put you inside it.” she said down to him in a devious tone. He dropped his hand at her comment and stood there staring up at her. She leaned down and put her hand on the counter to brace herself. He looked straight up at her face as she said “I could even put the sock back on my foot, with you in it. Is that what you want?”
She tilted her head and looked down at his tiny, erect manhood. “Boy, I never thought it would be this easy.”
“What do you mean -  it?!” he yelled, trying to hide his obvious excitement.
“You, Carlos.” she said. “I mean you. All I have to do is elude to the fact that I can control you with my foot and you're ready to go off the deep end.” 
“Alright, alright. Your feet turn me on. What do you want me to say?” he shot back.
“You don't have to say anything.” she replied. “But let's be honest. It not about my feet. At least not entirely about my feet.”
“What are you talking about?” he asked.
She paused before she continued “You like being under my control. You like that I can easily control you. My feet are the part of my body that you seem to prefer that I use to dominate you.”
Carlos fidgeted with his hands. She could see right through him, and seemed to always know just what to say and when to say it. “I don't know what to say.” he said.

She looked down at him and saw that he was feeling a little uncomfortable and replied “Like I said, you don't have to say anything.” She got undressed, then entered the shower and turned the water on. Stepping back out, she returned to the counter and looked back down at him. He couldn't help it, he was staring right at her crotch. “Ready?” she asked as she lowered her hand and picked him up, then held his body against her chest. “Forget about everything for now sweetie. You're going to like this, I promise.”

She carried him into the shower and let the warm water rain down on her body. Carlos kissed the inside of her right breast as she let the water soak him. She crossed her arms to create a pool of water between her breasts. He looked up at her with wanting eyes. She gently brought her arms together, squeezing him between her beautiful mounds of flesh.

She extended her right hand to retrieve a bar of soap and proceeded to rub it on her breasts and his back at the same time. Carlos' feet and legs were flailing around. The feeling of her skin on his body was incredible. He was falling more and more in love with her as time went on, but he couldn't shake the feeling that she was not being totally honest about her love for him. Only time would tell.