- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I am glad that this story is being enjoyed. Being the first time writing, it's been quite fun.

This chapter is lead up to another few big twists in the plots. We know Claire is up to something, just don't know what. Paige will make her return soon enough, and Carlos will have some important decisions to make. There is a still a ton of stuff that will unfold. probably another 20 chapters or more to go yet.

Chapter 26 – Decisions, Decisions

Back in the parking garage, Deborah had just started the engine of her motorcycle. She put the bike in gear and slowly drove between the cars heading for the exit. Suddenly she stopped and shut the motor off. Looking over the tops of the cars, she could see Claire standing with several other agents. She was speaking to a man that had his back to her. It was difficult to see who it was from her vantage point. After a few minutes, a car pulled up and the man turned to get in. Her heart skipped a beat and she gasped at see that it was her father, Jim Ryder. He got in the car and it drove right past her to the exit. Deborah look back at there Claire was, but she was gone. “What the fuck is going on?” she thought to herself. “She's gotten him into this too.”
Touching her jacket, she felt the bottle containing Carlos for a few seconds, then started her bike. “What the fuck are you up to Claire?” she mumbled as she put it in gear and drove to the exit and out.

“Did she see him?” Claire asked her driver.
“I don't know ma'am.” her replied.
“Get me to over to west 53rd. I have to take care of something.” she told him.
“Right away.” he said, putting the SUV into gear and heading for the exit.
“I'm heading there now.” Claire spoke into her phone. After a short pause, she continued “I told you I would take care of it, and I will.”

A short time later, Deborah pulled up in front of her apartment and turned off the motor. Popping up her visor, she looked around, making sure that she hadn't been followed. She got off the bike and headed up the steps. About halfway up, she pulled out her gun and turned, pointing it at the man behind her on the stairs. “Vito.” Deborah yelled, looking quite stunned. “What the hell are you doing here?!! I could have shot you!”
He walked up to her and gave her a kiss on the cheek. “Your mom asked me to keep an eye on you.”
Exhaling loudly, she looked up at the sky, shaking her head as she put her gun back into the holster.
“Hey, come on now.” he said. “She's just trying to look out for you.”
“You know what she's all about Vito.” Deborah told him. “I know she's up to something.”
“Just cut her a bit of slack. She's still your mother.” he told her. “Both your dad and her worry about you.”
“You spoke to my father?” she asked him.
“Naaa.” he replied shaking his head. “I was saying your dad worries about you...you know…doing what you do. I promised him I would look out for you and Claire.”
She knew he wasn't telling her everything. “Go on.” he said, nodding. “Go up stairs and relax.”
Nodding, she said “Okay.” then turned and headed up the stairs. Looking back at him, he nodded and then turned and walked back down the stairs.

Standing at her apartment door, she pulled out her Glock, then unlocked the door. Pushing it open, she held her gun in both hands as she inched inside. Checking each room, she lowered her gun after she was sure she had no company. Exhaling loudly, she reached into her jacket and pulled out the bottle containing Carlos. She took off her jacket and proceeded to unscrew the top. Peering inside, her eyes widened to see him staring up at her. Her shoulders slumped in relief at see that he was okay. Tipping the bottle into her palm, she watched as he inched his way out the opening into her palm. “Oh my God. Sweetie.” she said. “You're bigger!”
Carlos looked around at her huge hand and said “I don't know.”
“You're definitely longer.” she told him “You're still pretty small, but you've gotten bigger, that's for sure.”
“You think so?” he asked, feeling a little relieved.
“Absolutely.” she confirmed. “It wont be long before you're back to normal and we can put this whole thing behind us.”
“I guess.” he said, feeling kind of torn between wanting to get back to normal and loving the comfort of being the palm of Deborah's hand.
“You guess?” she asked.
When he didn't reply, she took the tip of her index finger and pushed him down into her palm and, while caressing him gently, she raised her hand to her face and said quietly “No matter what size you are Carlos. You're always going to me my little man.”
he stared up at her large hazel eyes, not knowing what to say. “I uhhh….don't kkknow...” he stuttered.
“Shhh.” she whispered. “I know what you like. You like feeling helpless with me. That's okay.”
To make her point clearer, she removed her finger and place her thumb over him and pressed down. “You like being under my thumb sweetie.” she asked him.
With the tip of her thumbnail just under his chin, he tried to say something, but her couldn't get the words out. All he could think was how good she was a dominating him. “Time for a little more of the antidote?” she asked him with a raised brow.

Across town, Claire entered the Wiley's condo to see several secret service agents as well as Jennifer Wiley and a woman with red hair. She walked over to an agent and spoke to him for a few seconds. He asked his agents to vacate the condo, then he approached Donna and asked her to vacate as well. “I think I should stay.” she told Jennifer.
“This is a matter of national security ma'am.” Claire told her as she approached. “I'm afraid I have to ask you to leave for the time being.”
“Oh. Okay.” she said at seeing Claire in the living room. “Is everything okay?”
“I'm not a liberty to say.” he told her.
“I'll be right outside.” she told Jennifer before getting up and walking past Claire.
Claire watched everyone leave and when the last agent had closed the door, she walked over and sat down on the sofa across from Jennifer.

“My name is Claire Ryder.” she said. “I understand that Mr. Wiley has run into a little bit of trouble.”
“Little?” Jennifer shot back. “Are you trying to be funny?”
“I apologize Ma'am.” she replied. “A bad choice of words.”
“Are you secret service?” Jennifer asked.
“No, not secret service.” she replied.
“Then who?” Jennifer asked. “What the hell is going on here, and why has my husband been reduced to the size if an insect?”
“I'm not at liberty to discuss it Ma'am.” Claire replied.
“Not at liberty!” Jennifer said with utter disdain. “It's always the same answer with you people. My life has been turned upside down and you're not at “liberty” to discuss it. What do I do with my husband? Tell me that.”
“I have a possible antidote for Mr. Wiley.”
“Possible?” Jennifer asked. “What does that mean possible?”
“We don't know if it will be effective.” she told her.
Shaking her head, she paused for a few seconds before saying “You people are really playing with fire. I can only imagine what could happen if whatever was used on him gets into the wrong hands. Everett was very concerned with rogue operations.”
“He discussed it with you?” Claire asked.
“He only said he was concerned.” Jennifer replied. “He didn't give details, but the cat is out of the bag, wouldn't you say?”
“Mrs. Wiley.” Claire said calmly. “I am here today because I know how hard this has been on you. My superiors wanted Mr. Wiley brought to a lab where any possible enlargement could be closely monitored. I convinced them that that was not the best course of action.”
Nodding, Jennifer wiped her eyes and said “I appreciate that. I'm just a little overwhelmed, that's all.”
“I understand.” Claire replied. “I will visit every few days to check on the progress.”
“Is that necessary?” Jennifer asked.
“I'm afraid so.” Claire said. “Now, there are some precautions you need to take however.”
“Okay.” she replied. “What do I have to do?”

Claire unzipped the small case she was carrying and too the vial of clear liquid and held it up. “This is the antidote.” she said. “Now it is very important that he takes this in very small doses. Too much at one time could kill him. We have not way to telling how long it will take for him to get back to normal. You will have to play it by ear.”
“He so tiny. What if he takes too much?” Jennifer questioned.
“If you don't mind me asking, where is he?” Claire asked.
Pointing to the jar top on the table, Jennifer said “He's in there.”
Claire leaned over the table and looked at the center of the top to see a dark spot. She put her hand to her mouth and then looked back at Jennifer.
“I know. I know.” Jennifer said. “It's a miracle he's even alive with what he has gone through.”

Claire was visibly disturbed at what she had just seen. She had see Carlos at two inches tall, but this was a whole different level. She had to find Paige, not more that ever. She stared at the cap for a few seconds, then said “Sorry for staring. I'm just a little shocked.”
“Is that bitch that did this still on the loose?” Jennifer asked. “Did they tell you what she did?”
Claire knew what had happened, but wanted to get Jennifer's story. “I don't know all the details. Can you tell me?”
Jennifer looked away for a few seconds, then looked back at Claire and exhaled. She reached down and pulled the sock off that was covering her foot. Claire looked down to see that her big toe was painted a teal color, but has a spot where there was no polish. She looked back at Jennifer, not saying anything.
“See that spot on my toenail, where is no color?” Jennifer asked. “Well that is where my husband was.”
Claire looked down at her foot again, then back up.
“That's right.” she said. “As crazy as it sounds, that bitch shrank my husband down to the size of a bug and glued him to my toenail.”
Claire was speechless. She wanted to same something, but didn't know exactly what to say.
“Can you even imagine what it as like for him?” Jennifer continued with tears welling up in her eyes. “I went to a dinner, I was walking around with him glued to my toenail, and I didn't even know it. Can you even imagine his feeling of helplessness?”
Shaking her head, Claire said “How did you find out he was there? It just sounds so impossible.”
“He was screaming.” she told her. “It was the tiniest little squeaking noise. I put my phone's microphone close to him. I could hardly hear him, but it was loud enough for me to make out his words.”
“It's….uhhhh….just amazing that he's alive.” Claire said.
Jennifer broke down and started to weep. “I don't know if I can do this.”

Claire stood up and said “I will leave you with the antidote. I think you have enough for one day.”
Jennifer looked up at her with watery eyes and said “Sorry. I'm just….”
“No need to apologize Ma'am.” Claire told her. “I'll be back and a few days to see how you are doing. IN the mean time, there will be two agents outside your door. They will not allow anyone inside.
“Just let Donna in.” she said. “She has been a big help.”
“Okay.” Claire said. “Does she know what you just told me?”
“Yes.” Jennifer replied. “Is that a problem?”
“No, not at all.” She said as she headed for the door. “But it would be a good idea to keep this quiet.”
“Okay.” Jennifer said.

Claire opened the door, entered the hallway and closed the door behind her. She exhaled as she looked at the floor. “Ma'am?” an agent asked. Claire looked up at him and motion him to come closer. Donna looked on as Claire whispered something to the agent. “Nobody gets in or out without me knowing. Is that clear?”
“Yes.” He responded. Motioning to Donna with his eyes, he asked “What about her?”
“She's cleared, but I want to you to keep tabs on her.” 
“Understood.” he replied.
Claire headed for the elevators, not even saying a word to Donna as she left.

Donna watched her leave, then asked the agent “What's going on?”
“You are cleared to enter Ma'am.” he told her as he opened the door.
“Cleared?” she asked, stepping towards the door.
“Yes Ma'am.” he said. “Let me know if you need anything.”

Donna walked inside and stopped as the door closed behind her. Jennifer was still sitting on the sofa. Donna walked over and sat down opposite her and waited for her to say something.
“And?” she asked after Jennifer didn't respond.

Jennifer looked at her, then held up the box and said “She gave me this box of stuff with some instructions. Its an antidote, but there's no guarantee it will work.”
“It will make him grow back to normal?” Donna asked. “So what do you have to do?”
“I have to give him a little at a time. If it does work, he can't grow back all at once, that will kill him. His cells could literally explode” she told her.
“So how long will it take?” Donna asked.
“I don't know. I have to try it and see if it works.” she replied.
“So he's going to get bigger slowly, over time then?” Donna asked.
“That's what it sounds like.” Jennifer replied, still looking at the contents of the box.
“Wow.” Donna said. “That puts you in quite a unique position.”
“What do you mean?” she asked.
“You're in control of his size.” Donna told her.
“What?” Jennifer asked, sounding a little shocked and annoyed at her comment.
“You can give him as much, or as little of that antidote that you want.” Donna told her.
“Donna!” Jennifer shot back at her. “Would you be serious. My God!”
Exhaling loudly, she shook her head and said “Calm down. I'm not suggesting that you leave him like this!”

“Look.” Jennifer said. “I really appreciate how much of a friend you've been, and what happened the other night, lets just keep that between us, but this whole experience has really freaked me out.”
“It's okay.” Donna interrupted.
“No. It's not.” She shot back, becoming more agitated. “I don't want it to sound bad, but you're not helping matters. I know you're really into this giant woman stuff, but this is my husband you're talking about here.”
“Listen Jen.” Donna said. “You, yourself said, that the agency stole him away from you. All he thinks about is work. Well now, you have the opportunity to turn that around.”
“What are you talking about?!!” she shouted.

Shaking her head, Donna told her to calm down. “Listen, he's going to get bigger slowly, right?”
“Yeah.” Jennifer replied. “Is there a point to this?!!”
“He's going to be at your feet, at least for a little while, so make sure he knows that he is totally powerless and your feet are his world.” she told her.
“Oh my God Donna. You're nuts!” Jennifer shouted. “I think you need to leave.”
“It's all about power.” Donna continued.
“I don't want power!” she yelled. “I just want my husband back!”
“That is exactly what I'm talking about.” Donna replied. “You want him back from the Agency.”
Jennifer shook her head and said “Donna, you're getting under my skin.”
“He's been in a position of power all these years. Now, you have total power.” She told her.
Jennifer looked away, seeming to get even more angry.
“With Pete, it's not whether he's small or not, sure he would love it if I could shrink him, but its being dominated that he likes.” she said. “Believe me, you have no idea how many men out there want their women to dominate them, but just don't know, or are afraid to ask.”
Jennifer look back at her, not saying anything. She looked down at her bare foot and thought about what she was saying. She looked over at the jar top containing her micro-sized husband for a few seconds and then said “I don't know Donna. That sounds a little...”
“Forget about what it sounds like. You are in a unique position. I hope you see that.” Donna said.
Jennifer sat still, just staring at the jar top. Donna was right, the Agency was his life, but she just wasn't sure if this was the way to change that.