- Text Size +

Looking up, he saw Deborah standing there with her hand over her mouth. “What the......” he said.
She said nothing. She just stared, still on shock at what she had just witnessed.
“What the fuck happened!??” he yelled, his voice slightly higher pitched than normal. He stood up, causing his pants to fall to the floor. His shirt was draped over him, hanging down to his knees. Looking down at himself, he said “What the hell is going on? What happened to me?”
Standing still for a few seconds, he wanted to look up, but waited. He looked over to where Deborah was standing to see her large bare feet. Slowly, he followed up her legs with his eyes, then her waist, continuing up past her breasts until their eyes met. Deborah stared down at him from her five-foot-ten height in total shock. He was no taller than her waist. Carlos stood opposite, just as shocked as she was. Finally, Deborah blurted out “I don't know what's going on, but you are freaking me right out!”
“You think I did this?!!” he growled. “What the hell have you done to me!”
“Me!!!??” she yelled. “You have to go. You and your pedicure have to go right now Carlos!”
“Where the hell am I going to go like this?” he yelled up at her.
“I don't care.” she said, turning and walking briskly to the door. “I don't care.” she repeated. “If you thought I would find this remotely....Oh my God! First my feet, now this!”
“Man, I didn't do this!” he said, following her to the door. “You're freaking out? I'm the one that's like, fucking half size. You gotta help me!”
Still holding the door handle, she looked at him standing there with his shirt hanging down. “What am I supposed to do?” she asked.
“Just chill out for a second?” he said. “I can't go out there like this.”

As shocked and angry as she was, he was right, she couldn't just throw him out like this. She let go of the door handle and took a several steps toward him, before slowing to a stop a few feet away. Her height advantage was so evident. They stood and looked at each other for what seemed to be a long time before she broke the silence. Pointing her finger down to him, she asked “I want you to tell me the truth Carlos. You have nothing to do with this?”
“I don't have the slightest idea what's going on.” he replied. “All I know is you're fucking huge right now.”
“I'm exactly the same as I was ten minutes ago.” she replied sarcastically.
“Man, thanks for the 411.” he shot back. “Are you going to help me or what?”
Exhaling deeply, she looked up and the ceiling, then pointed her finger down at him again and said “If I find out you're behind this Carlos....I swear.”
“I already told you.” he said. “I didn't do a fucking thing.”
“Fine.” she said as she walked past him into the living room. “Just let me think for a second, okay?”

Following her into the living room, he stood beside the coffee table and waited. Deborah was standing with her eyes closed, taking deep breaths. He stood there, looking down at the floor, but his attention turned to Deborah's tapping foot. Opening her eyes and looking down, she caught him staring at her feet. Snapping her fingers, she said “Hey. Up here.” Shaking his head slightly, he looked up at her. “Geeze. Would you stop looking at my feet!” she said, shaking her head. “I was looking at the floor!” he yelled. Moving over to the sofa, she sat down. “Fine, forget it! We have to back track. What did you do the past few days that could have caused this?”
“I don't know.” he said shrugging his shoulders. “I didn't go anywhere out of the ordinary. The only place different was the fucking nut case, what was her name?”
“You mean Paige....whatever her last name was.” Deborah replied, still deep in thought.
Carlos tried not to look at Deborah, but kept taking short peeks at her, thinking she wouldn't notice. He didn't know if it was because of her size, but he couldn't stop looking at her.
“My God!” she shouted. “Would you stop looking at me like that!”
Looking away, he replied “I'm trying man. I'm trying.”
“You're creeping me out.” she said loudly. “Just stop it.”

Deborah continued to retrace the day's events. Everything pointed to the same thing; Paige. That meeting is the only thing that they had in common that was different from their usual routines. “That bitch!” he said. “I'll fucking kill that bitch!”
“We don't know if she has anything to do with this.” Deborah replied calmly. “I still have her number.”
Getting up to find the paper with the phone number, she stopped dead as her cell phone vibrated on the small table beside the front door. She looked at Carlos quickly, before walking to the door and picking up her phone. She touched the screen with her index finger and said “Hello?”
Carlos saw her expression of surprise as she looked at him. “Uhhh hi. That's funny, we were just talking about you.”
“That's her?!!!” Carlos questioned loudly. Waving her hand at him, she placed her finger straight across her lips. Listening for a short while, she spoke quietly, then turned and walked into the bathroom, closing the door behind her. Carlos followed quickly behind. He tried the door handle, but it was locked. He placed his ear against the door, but couldn't hear the conversation clearly. Frustrated, he started to pace back and forth, his anger building. “That fucking bitch.” he muttered. “I knew there was something about her. If I get my hands on her.....”

After ten minutes of so, Deborah opened the bathroom door and looked down to see Carlos outside the door staring straight up at her. Sighing, she said “You better sit down for this, ” as she slid past him sideways. “What the fuck did that bitch do to me?” Carlos shouted, following behind as she headed for the living room. She sat down on the sofa and patted the sofa cushion beside her. “Sit down.” she said.
“I don't want to sit down.” he snarled. “Just tell me what the bitch said.”
“There's good news and bad news.” Deborah said.
“Tell me what the fuck she did.” he said, getting more and more angry.
“It's hard to explain.” she continued. “I didn't believe her at first, but the evidence speaks for itself.”
“Evidence!” he shouted. “Stop being a cop for once!”
“Look.” she said. “Like I said, there's good news and bad news.”
Carlos had an expression of disgust on his face. Cupping her knee caps in her palms, she looked over at him and said “The good news, you're going to return to your normal size, at least you're supposed to.”
She looked away from him, then lifted her left hand and stroked her nose with the tip of her finger, waiting for the inevitable question. “Do I even want to know the bad news?” he questioned.
She pursed her lips and exhaled, then looked back and said “You're probably going to get smaller before that happens.”
Dropping he head down, he said “Oh man, you have to be fucking kidding me.”
“I wish I was.” Deborah replied.
Looking back up at her, he asked in quite dejected tone of voice “How much smaller?”
Deborah lifted her shoulders and hunched slightly, not wanting to tell him. “How much smaller?” he repeated in a forceful tone.
“I can't answer that.” she said. “That really depends on you.”
“On me? What the hell does that mean?” he shot back.

“Paige told me that she's been dabbling in black magic for years. It sounds far fetched, I know, but you're standing there three feet tall, so it's quite obvious it works.” She sighed and continued “So she put some spell or something on you that would cause you to loose fifty percent of your size if you, you know.....get really excited.”
“Oh man.” he said, dropping his face in his hands. “This can't be happening. This just can't be fucking happening.”
“Just try not to think about my feet.” Deborah said trying to comfort him.
Looking up at her, he said “Would you stop it about your feet man!”
“I'm just trying to help.” she said, trying to comfort him.
He stood there shaking his head, muttering under his breath. “So how long is this going to last?” he asked.
“Oh yeah.” Deborah replied. “I have to call her back tomorrow. Her plane was taking off and she had to go.”
“What?!!!” he yelled. “She didn't tell you how to get me back? Are you fucking crazy?!!!”
Standing up quickly, Deborah loomed over him and said loudly, “Listen. I'm trying my best here. Don't you think it's better that this happened here with me, rather than one of your bimbos? Just imagine what they could do with you if they figured this out? At least you're safe here if you get any smaller.”
Standing straight up, she realized what she just said. She didn't want him to get the wrong idea. “Just forget it.” she said, turning around to sit back on the sofa. She grabbed the remote and started to flick through the channels.

Carlos stood still, contemplating what Deborah had just said. A whole pile of scenarios started to rush through his mind. His blind stare was interrupted by Deborah saying “Carlos! For God's sake!”
He looked at her with a bewildered look on his face. She gritted her teeth and pointed down at the bulge under his shirt.

Covering it with his hands, he exhaled a few short breaths and said “Shit. Shit.”
Covering her eyes and looking away, Deborah said “Maybe this isn't such a good idea. I mean I'm flattered, I guess.”
“Just take it easy okay.” he said. “I'm not doing it on purpose.”
“This is just a little weird for me.” she said.
“I'm like starving man. Do you have any food or something?” he asked, trying to change the subject.
“I guess....I could make something.” she thought out loud. “Or how about I just order some pizza?”

Nodding in agreement, he walked over and leaned against the sofa cushions. Deborah got up and walked off to get her phone. She looked up the number and placed her order, then hung up and darted into the bathroom, saying “I be right out.” Sitting on the toilet, she nervously shook her legs on the balls of her feet and stared up at the ceiling. “Why did I have to say that? Geeze.....safe with me.” she mumbled to herself. “Now he's got the hots for me. This is the worst day.....I swear. I should have never let him touch my feet.” Breathing heavily, she spoke to herself “Calm down Deborah, calm down....It's not his fault.” Continuing to fidget, she extended her legs and crossed them at the ankles as she tapped her fingers on either side of the toilet. Pursing her lips, she blew air out of her mouth and looked around the bathroom nervously. After fidgeting for a few minutes, she focused on her bare feet and shook her head with a chuckle. She started to wonder what turned him on about her feet.

The sound of the door buzzer broke her thoughts and she got up and opened the bathroom door. Carlos was was standing right there in front of her. She looked down at him, then pointed nervously at the buzzer and said “Pizza's here.” Carlos moved aside as she walked past him to the door. Entering the empty bathroom, he closed the door slowly, watching Deborah rummage through her purse. She opened the door and was handed a pizza box. Carlos stared at her through the crack of the door. Her long legs, her firm ass...It was like the world went into slow motion. Her long brown pony tail swung across her shoulders as she turned her head and looked at him for a brief moment before looking back at the pizza delivery guy. Carlos stood there and just stared. Feeling himself becoming hard, he quickly shut the door and leaned against it on the inside. “Jesus Christ.” he said to himself, covering himself. “What the fuck is wrong with me?”.

“Pizza.” he heard Deborah say on the other side of the door. Walking over the the sink, he slumped his head down at the sight of the counter at eye level. Getting on his toes, he strained to reach the faucet. Putting cold water on his face, he too fidgeted for a few minutes, trying to stall. “All right just keep your cool.” he said to himself. “Just keep it cool.” Opening the door, the smell of Pizza hit across his face. “Have some.” Deborah said, watching him walk into the living room. He took a slice and plopped it on a plate. Simple things like sitting down on a sofa would take some getting used to. Leaning back against the sofa, he realized the he wouldn't be able to get up on the sofa and hold the plate at the same time. Deborah lowered her hand and took the plate from his hands. Looking up at her with a dejected look, he climbed onto the sofa and sat down. She handed back the plate and sat back.

The pair said nothing as they ate and watched what was on the TV. Deborah was sitting with right leg crossed over her left, gently bobbing her foot up and down.
“So you think I'm better off with you?” Carlos asked.
“What?” she replied.
“What you said before, that it was better that I was here, instead of my usual “bimbos””
“Oh that.” she said, squirming in her seat. “It's not my business what you do in your personal life.”
“That's not what I meant, and you know it.” he shot back.
“What do you want from me?” she said, looking over at him. “Stop trying to read into everything I say.”
“Listen man, I didn't ask for this to happen okay, but were in this together. You're having a hard time because I'm not the asshole you thought I was.” he replied.
“We're not “together” Carlos.” she said in a louder, more frustrated tone.
“Oh come on man.” he shouted, shaking his head.
Deborah folded her arms and sat there fuming. Getting down off the sofa, he walked around her outstretched legs, then gently uncrossed her leg and lowered it to the floor. He leaned against her legs with his body and looked up at her. She didn't look down right away, but eventually, her eyes shifted down to him.
“I didn't mean that we're “together”, I meant we are in this situation together.” he said. “I don't know why you're so pissed off at me.”
“For the past five years, you've been nothing but a macho pig, now all of a sudden, you're mister sensitive.” she told him.
“That's on the job.” he said, putting his hands on her legs. “You, of all people, know what it's like on the streets. Show any weakness and you're dead.”
Unfolding her arms, she pointed her finger at the window, “I conduct myself the same, whether I'm here, or out there.” she replied. “Why do you have to put on such a big act?”
“Forget about all that. This is me, right here, right now, so let's just get a few things straight.” he said.
“I don't know what we need to get straight Carlos?” she continued to rant. “I'm not the one that's been putting on some big act for who knows how long.”
Lowering his head, he took a few seconds before looking back up. “Deborah.” he said calmly. “I don't know what is going to happen over the next day or two. I'm really trying to stay calm and cool. If things do get out of hand...”
“Out of hand?” Deborah questioned sharply. “Nothing is going to get out of hand!”
They were at total opposite ends of the spectrum. “Do you need me to spell it out for you?” he asked sarcastically.
“I wish you would.” she replied with the same level of sarcasm.
Turning his head and looking off into space for a few moments, he looked back at her and said. “I can't change what happened. Yes, I like female feet. Yes, I got a little excited over yours. If that offended you, I'm sorry.”

Not saying anything, Deborah made a canopy with her fingers and tapped her upper lip. “It's not just your feet. What I find really attractive is women that have beautiful feet and hands, and take care of them. It shows that they care about their appearance, and don't need to flaunt it.”
“I've seen some of your “girlfriends”. She commented with a certain level of sarcasm.
“You can't take a complement can you?” he shot back, shaking his head in disgust.
“Thank you for complement on my feet and hands. I'm glad you like them” she said with disdain.
“You totally clueless, aren't you?” he said, rolling his eyes. “You really have no idea, do you?”
“No idea about what?” she asked.
“You don't even realize how unbelievably beautiful and sexy you are, do you?” he asked.
Blushing slightly, she squirmed and motioned to pushed him away. “All right, that's enough.” she said, feeling embarrassed by his comments.
“No.” he said, pushing himself against her legs. “You're going to hear this.”
“Don't.” she said trying to push his hands away.
“Don't what? Don't tell you that you're beautiful?” he said, putting his hands on hers. “Some women would kill to have natural beauty, from head to toe, like you do.”
“I'm not ready for this.” she said, squirming in her seat. “I'm really not.”
“Do you think I was ready for this?” he said, pointing to himself.
“This is crazy.” she said, pushing him away and standing up. “I'm not some model or movie star or something. I'm just a regular girl.”
“No.” he said calmly. “Models and movie stars are regular. It's effortless for you. You're not even trying.”
“Why are you doing this?” she asked, shaking her hands. “Can't you just forget about all this stuff?”
“I just want to see the real you.” he replied.
“This is the real me!” she said. “You're just so used the seeing me in street clothes. Don't go all soft on me just because I'm wearing shorts and a t-shirt.”
“I'm not going soft. I just never expected to see this softer side.” he said.
“There is no other side!” she yelled. “What you see is what you get. Just because I'm not in my work clothes doesn't mean you have to go all crazy on me. I even own skirts and dresses and high heels! Just like most other women do.”

Carlos stood back and backed up a few steps, looking up at Deborah with a strange look on his face.
“What!??” Deborah said down to him at seeing his expression.
“Dresses?” he replied.
“Oh my God!” she shouted. “Are you kidding me? I had to open my big mouth!” she said looking up at the ceiling.
“I would love to see you in a dress.” he said.
“If I show you a dress, will you just drop all of this?” she asked him.
“You mentioned dresses, not me.” he replied. “I just.....you know, want to see you in a dress?”
“Okay.....okay......just wait here.” she said as she stood up, turned and headed for her bedroom.