- Text Size +

Amy was terrified, her head to her knees as she leaned against the cold ceramic base of the toilet, crying. How had this happened to her? She’d always been the daddy’s girl type, with her overprotective father no more than a phone call away, whether she needed gas money or money for a night out. But at the same time, everyone else always sort of resented her for it. She was treated like a blondie princess, and more often than not she’d catch jealous looks from her peers, which made it difficult to make friends…probably why she attached herself so fondly to her roommate Tara, even if they had only been randomly assigned by the school. 
     Omega was to be her outlet, but now she didn’t know what to think. The world around her was alien. The white linoleum of the bathroom floor stretched far and away, the side wall of the bathtub may as well have been an impossibly high barrier and her only solace was to hide by the—
     There was a sound. A loud, waning creak…the door to the bathroom opened, and inside stepped a pair of enormous feet, easily fifty yards long. They were pale, with faded pink stretching up around the sides and bright green toenails—a color Amy found ironically playful. Amy couldn’t tell which sister it was, but her enormous pads made a peeling sound as they traipsed across the floor, the shadow of the girl’s impossibly huge body enveloping Amy as…
     …Hailey pulled down her shorts and plopped to the toilet. With a sigh, she let everything out, humming as she looked around the bathroom, bored, while she peed.
     Little did she know, that below her in the shadows sat a trembling creature no larger than an ant, staring up at Hailey’s colossal form that to the miniscule Amy was easily three times taller than the tallest skyscrapers. The sound of Hailey’s pee hitting the water rang through Amy’s tiny ears, causing her great pain.
     Hailey continued to hum as she sat her feet flat on the floor in front of her, casually lifting her bare heels up and down.
     Amy couldn’t take it anymore. The ringing was too much. She fell forward, beneath a massive shadow…the wide heel of Hailey’s right foot. Falling to her back, covering head from the ear splitting sound, she looked up in terror as the sorority sister’s heel made its descent right toward her. She panicked, feeling nothing but pure terror as the fleshy pink heel made its way closer, the little pieces of dirt and carpet hairs visible all too clearly at the bottom of Hailey’s foot as the darkness of the shadow enveloped her, preparing to smush her into oblivion without notice…
     …but then, Hailey felt a tickle.
     A tiny, insignificant tickle on the bottom of her right heel that made her freeze. She finished peeing and gently moved her foot to the side, then squinted to see the kicking ant-woman far below.
     Her favorite one.
     She licked her lips, unable to believe her own luck. Pulling up her soffe shorts, she stood to her full height as Amy looked up in fear from far, far below.
     Looking up at the red-haired goddess gave Amy vertigo. She almost felt sick to her stomach as she looked up at Hailey’s big toe, which stood but a few inches before her, larger than a two-story house.
     Then, ominously, the toe slowly began to rise.
     Amy couldn’t move. A part of her knew what was coming. She was too busy going through her life in her head, figuring out what went wrong, what she could’ve done different, and, most importantly, what she had done to deserve this. She had dreams, goals, fantasies of living a normal, fun life. Yet now she was looking up, unable to flee, at a living goddess over 1,400 feet high.
     Hailey lifted her right foot and dangled it playfully over Amy, which to the miniscule girl stretched over 200 feet from toe-to-heel. Then, she gave a cute wave to the woman below right before slowly letting her sole begin its descent. Suddenly, Amy thought, the meaning of the tattoo on the bottom of Hailey’s foot became clear: she was about to go bye-bye.
     With her last breath, Amy began to let out a scream before Hailey casually stomped down, feeling a light squelch beneath the ball of her foot. Nothing dramatic. No slow motion, break-every-individual-bone-one-at-a-time sort of thing to draw out the pain. She didn’t like that. She liked to treat them like the pathetic little bugs they were. An exterminator wasted no time torturing a roach.
     Just a quick little stomp, nothing more.
     A tiny twist of her bare foot later, Hailey sat back down on the toilet and lifted it over her knee, examining the little red splotch on her sole, no wider than the diameter of a dime. Squinting, she could almost make out bits of hair or tiny white fabric, but it was mostly just a droplet-sized red grease stain that only moments ago had been a living, breathing human being with years of life experience…now reduced to a tiny little droplet of dead goo. Hailey smiled as she realized she’d managed to squish Amy almost perfectly right between the pink lipstick mark printed on her sole.
     Then, with a quick wipe of some toilet paper, the little red stain was flushed down the drain, erased from existence. And outside, a buzzer sounded as a little red light lit up next to Amy’s name on the scoreboard.