- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

You can find a PDF version of this Chapter here: www.patreon.com/squashed123

 

 

"The battle is over. We have won!" Ludwig announced to the people in the courtyard. They cheered and the gate was opened, people running over each other to collect booty from the corpses. Good steel, weapons and armour were expensive and it was common for the simple folk to carry off as much as possible after a battle.


Upon seeing the battlefield however, their fervour halted quickly and they froze on the edge of the steep hill, watching the gruesomely squashed bodies laid out before them. Silently they marched on, collecting what little was left intact. The crows were already having a feast.


Laura had put the female prisoner into the pocket of her pants and Janna went back over to the keep to put the injured king down by Sir Ludwig's side. Scavenging people and birds alike ran out of her way though she was especially careful not to tread on any of them.


"Come." Janna encouraged her friend who reluctantly followed through the mud.


Sir Ludwig was alight with joy.


"You have captured the king!" He cheered. "Oh what a great day this is, what a good deed you have done! On this day I shall proclaim myself the rightful king of Andergast, ruler of it's people. Let all men perish who question my reign!"


Lares knelt down next to him, Aele just stood there holding his bleeding wrist.


Laura regarded them sceptically. The old king looked like a king should, to her feeling, wearing splendid, shiny armour over a large beer belly. He was older than Ludwig, grey hair already showing in his full beard. Ludwig was tall and slender, with short, thin black hair and a ruff stubbly beard in his face. His attire was simple. A coal black tunic over a chain mail hauberk, black trousers and boots.


Lares was shorter than the king but broader built. His attire looked as though he had picked it together from other things, leather, fur, cloth, mail and even a patch of plate. It would have been befitting any simple cut throat but his cunning eyes and perpetual smirk made him look both intelligent and dangerous.


In an awkward move Janna knelt down down as well and smiled happily. Laura raised an eyebrow.


"So, my new king." Janna addressed the puny little lordling. "What should we do now?"


"We shall feast, righteous giantess!" King Ludwig announced, spreading his arms and smiling to her face.


The wagons with the food had been destroyed by King Aele's soldiers when it had become clear that they wouldn't need it for a prolonged siege. Then, while pursuing the fleeing men, Janna's uncaring feet had stepped on a lot of things along with their victims. Most of it was dirty purée.


"I'm sorry, my lord.", Janna began slowly, "While I am very hungry, I fear there is not much left to feast upon."


"Worry not, righteous one!" Ludwig proclaimed. "I'll have Lares here bring more food, once he has brought our prisoner to the dungeons."


Lares bowed down and grabbed the old king by the arm, forcefully pulling him over to the stairwell that led to the courtyard.


"This will not stand, usurper!" Aele spat as he was dragged past Ludwig. "The druids will find a way to tame your monsters. And then, may the gods have mercy on your soul, you will pay for your treachery!"


"Quit your yapping and move." Lares hissed but Laura intervened.


"Wait." She called. "What did you say about druids?"


"Probably just a religious superstition." Janna threw in and Ludwig concurred.


"The druids and witches haven't done anything meaningful since the dawn of man!" He jeered. "Whenever we find one of them causing mischief on one of the villages we have them burned at the stake!"


"It was Vengyr himself who told me of your plans, usurper!" King Aele growled, foaming from his mouth with rage. "He will not rest until you and your giants are dealt with!"


"Can the druids cast magic and turn into animals?" Laura inquired excitedly.


King Aele looked at her as if she was a stupid child: "Of course they can. What else would they do, you giant kitchen wench!?"


Lares hit him in the face and dragged him on while Laura victoriously turned to Janna.


"See?" She cheered in English. "I told you."


"That means nothing." Janna told her off. "People in the middle ages believed in dragons and stuff, doesn't mean they were real."


"Sir Ludwig." Laura began after a short pause, speaking the common tongue again. "Can you capture a witch or a druid and show them to us?"


While he was just opening his mouth to speak a sudden gust of wind blew his hair and tunic forward before he himself was lifted off the ground, thrown forward over the battlements and down the hill. Quick-witted as she was, Laura reached forward and caught the new king in mid air, saving him from tumbling to his death.


Seemingly out of nowhere a man had appeared in the courtyard, old and dirty looking, his hand extended towards where Ludwig had stood. He faced the dumbfounded giantesses for a second before he began to speak.


-


Vengyr had stood idly by in the forest, grimly watching the slaughter. He had heard Shiela's call that the giants had risen again and assumed that it was true, for Shiela was known to be truthful and reliable. She was young though, and hadn't been there, back when Vengyr and the others had banned the giants into the mountains, thousands of summers ago. She couldn't know that these were no giants as the world had seen them before. These creatures were much bigger and more powerful and had an utterly foreign aura to them.


For the first time since he could remember, Vengyr was clueless. Clueless and enraged. The giantesses had slain all these people not only with indifference but with joy. He knew that common giants were incredibly resistant to magic and he could only guess how using magic on these behemoths would turn out.


Mind altering spells were the perk of the druids, the one thing they excelled in over the mages in their colleges, and Vengyr was the eldest and mightiest among them. If anyone stood a chance against the giant monsters, it was him.


Turning into a murder of crows he had flown into the castle and hidden until the new king's lackey vanished into the bergfried to bring Aele down to the dungeons.


He stepped out of the shadows and summoned a gust of wind that blasted Ludwig off the battlements with a single blow. He despised killing but sometimes it was necessary to try and fix the world.


"Giants!" He addressed the behemoths before him. "Your existence is in defiance of the laws of the world. We shall not have you!"


His eyes widened as he tried to enter the giantesses' mind. Striking them with fear, as he could do with any common man, failed completely. Putting them to sleep, making them attack each other, any spell that worked on human beings failed as well.


"Did you make that wind?" The taller giantess asked, staring at him with huge, dim-witted eyes.


Vengyr ignored her but was already close to running out of ideas. He picked up a pebble from the ground, spun and hurled it at her gargantuan face.


"You do not belong!" He screamed and in mid air the pebble turned into a massive stone that struck the giantess on her forehead. The stone would have crushed any man but compared to her it was merely a pebble still.


Nonetheless she flinched back and muttered her discomfort, but that was a lot less than Vengyr had hoped and expected. There was a common druid spell that allowed one to control any beast of the wild but didn't work on humans at all. Vengyr decided to give it a try, lest he be entirely useless here, mightiest druid or not.


-


"See I told you there was ma..." Laura began but lost complete control of her speech and motor skills mid-sentence.


"What's wrong?" She heard Janna ask next to her but as much as she tried, she couldn't answer.


Janna concernedly observed her friend who had a calm, utterly indifferent look on her face.


Laura noticed her own body do things she hadn't told it to. As if she had taken a back seat within her own self she watched herself through her own eyes lift the tiny lord in her hand and to her face.


"What are you doing?" Janna asked perplexed but still Laura had no capacity to answer.


She watched helplessly as her body put Sir Ludwig in between her thumb and index finger and started to squeeze. He screamed terribly for a moment before his organs were forced outwards through his mouth and his chest popped open.


Janna's jaw dropped as she saw Ludwig smush in between Laura's fingers.


"Wha...wha...why.." She stammered bewilderedly and looked back up to her friend's indifferent face. Laura looked like a zombie.


Laura watched herself take a swing with her left hand at her friend's head. The strike hit Janna unprepared and the girl cried and fell to the ground. A few unlucky peasants and soldiers were buried under the gargantuan body and the others noticed the commotion and started to flee.


Quickly Laura was over her, the pale expression still in her eyes, grabbing Janna's throat and starting to squeeze. Janna was heavier and stronger than Laura but the sudden and unexplainable ferocity with which her friend attacked her caught her off guard.


"Laura, please!" She croaked, fighting against the choke which only made Laura squeeze harder. Frantically, Janna grabbed at Laura's hands and arms but it was no use. With every second she became weaker. In a last attempt to safe herself she lifted her butt off the ground and drove her knee forcefully into Laura's side.


Laura groaned and fell off her, killing a few more fleeing bystanders in the process.


"What the fuck are you doing?!" Janna screamed at her as she scrambled back to her feet. Wasting no time with a reply Laura came charging at her again but this time Janna was prepared. Using her longer arms, She was able to hold Laura at bay, her weight allowing her to withstand Laura's attempts to wrestle her to the ground.


While they fought, many of the tiny people at their feet ended up crushed without notice, innocent victims in the wrong place at the wrong time. Janna racked her brain to explain Laura's behaviour. Sudden psychosis seemed to be an option and in the absence of any tranquillizers posed a serious problem. The idea that the figure in the courtyard had something to do with it seemed obvious, yet utterly implausible.


Still, Janna was going to rule out the possibility, slowly wrestling Laura closer to the keep. Laura seemed to see through her plan though and did everything to keep her away from it. Fed up, Janna struck her friend's head with her own and kicked her away to gain some space before sprinting towards the keep, determined not to give Laura any more time.


"Wait!" She heard Laura call in the language of the aliens but it was too late. Victoriously, Janna jumped into the air, spinning around her own axis and landing on the tiny hill with the keep on top, her butt covering it perfectly. The stonewalls, the buildings and the bergfried crumbled easily under her weight and anything in or among them was crushed flat in an instant.


-


All of the five people in the keep who hadn't gone looting were killed. First Ludwig's wife, a mental child in the body of a woman so fat that she hadn't left her bed in over a year. She was struck dead by falling stones before Janna's butt squished her.


Second was the daughter of a miller, a gorgeous little thing that had become Ludwig's playmate after he had forced himself upon her a couple of times. Not sharing her lover's enthusiasm for the giantesses she had stayed inside, hiding beneath the bed they shared when the commotion started outside.


Third was Vengyr, too slow to leave Laura's head, only being able to see through his own eyes a last time before he was squashed against ground of the courtyard. His body popped like that of any common man would.


Fourth was King Aele, presumably the rightful king of Andergast again after Ludwig had been squished by a Vengyr-controlled Laura. However Andergast lost another King within under two minutes of the first one when Janna's weight compressed the entire hill beneath her, burying the king alive in his dungeon cell.


Lares had almost survived because he noticed the fight outside from within the dungeons. The large doors of the cells rattled and the hanging cages swung back and forth from the tremors of the heavy footfalls. The turn key was off duty due to the lack of prisoners after Janna had so willingly devoured all of them but Lares had the key to the dungeons as well. He opened the tiny iron gate to the canal that was used to dispose of dead prisoners, spoiled food and excrements and led downwards to the bottom of the hill.


It smelled horribly but Lares covered his nose and mouth and jumped inside. Ever faster by the second he slid over the wet stones before he splashed into a stinking pool of shit and rotten food. Decaying bodies mitigated the impact. That was when Janna came down on the keep.


The castle wall at the back of the keep was toppled over by her enormous behind, broke into pieces and came down directly on top of the poor man.


"I told you." Were his last whispered words before the stones buried him.


-


Laura felt her motor skills coming back to her and her face reacting to her feelings as well. Her side and her head hurt were Janna had struck her but she was happy to have control over herself again. Janna sat on top of the flattened holdfast and eyed her suspiciously.


"Got enough?" She asked and raised a brow.


"Janna, I'm so sorry!" Laura began sobbing. She was shaking and terrified.


Janna grimly rubbed her head where Laura had hit her: "So there is magic."


Tears filled Laura's eyes. She was scared, paralysed and felt violated. She sunk down on the ground and cried bitterly. Soon she felt Janna's warm embrace around her.


"Shhhh." Janna cooed. "It's alright. It's over. He's dead."


"I want to go home!" Laura sobbed, burying her face in her friend's shoulder.


"I don't think we'll ever get home." Janna pondered with a calm voice that surprised even herself. "I'm starting to think this might not even be the same god damn dimension."


"What?" Laura looked up at her friend's face in bewilderment.


"Think about it." Janna explained as if it wasn't all that horrible. "Ships don't crash like that for no reason. If we got sucked into a black hole however...have you seen the way fire burns on this planet?"


"Yes...no..." Laura stuttered as she was trying to remember.


"Now a small flame like we've seen few times should look like a candle or something, not a shrunken camp fire which it fucking does on this planet. I was startled for the first time by how thin the flames burned when I cooked the animals. The flame from the Bunsen burner looked freakish as well. I thought it was due to different air pressure but honestly, we would have noticed something from that as well. Then there's cloud forming, the way the rain behaves, all the little differences."


"On top of that..." Janna added closing Laura into her arms again. "...fucking magic?! Mind controlling druids that make you attack your friends and summon gust of winds and giant stones that fly through the air? There might as well be dragons out there as far as I'm concerned."


"But how did we survive all that?" Laura asked, her voice muffled by Janna's shirt.


"I don't know." Janna sighed and looked into the distance. "I guess life is funny that way..."


They sat like that for a couple of minutes before they started to asses the aftermath of the incident. Ludwig's keep was flattened and the hill it sat on top of partially disintegrated. Janna's marvellous jeans clad behind had shaped the ground.


"I feel bad for Lares." Laura said after inspecting the site. "He looked like a witty guy."


"Well, he's somewhere in there." Janna frowned and dug out a few stones that had been pushed into the ground, stacking them on top of each other like toy blocks. "I feel worse about Ludwig though."


Laura sighed in response.


"I'm sorry. I couldn't control myself." She repeated and lowered her head.


"It's okay." Janna said, trying to cheer her up with a forced shrug. "He was probably just a monster like the old king."


It didn't even feel much like a lie at all.


"But I thought you..." Laura began before Janna cut her off.


"You were right about the food." She said. "I guess I just needed something to believe in. Something to cling to."


"Hmm." Laura began and reached into her pocket. "Eww, the Viking girl is smeared all in my jeans!"


"Is there anybody we didn't squish around here?" Janna asked half-jokingly and started to look around.


"I saw some of them get away. Lucky shrimps." Laura laughed in response.


"They'll tell the tale of what happened here." Janna said grimly again. "With us being here, no lord will want to be heir of this land. Without a lord, the people will try to get away as far as possible before outlaws take the land or a foreign power burns them out. Or we eat them all once they've run out of food."


"Better for them if they want to live I guess." Laura pondered not sure what Janna was getting at.


"But bad for us. Without food from the tiny people we'll starve. I'm not going to hunt tiny animals all day."


"What do you suggest we do?" Laura asked concernedly but Janna already seemed to have her mind made up.


"We have to move." She announced. "Turn as much as we can of our equipment into travelling gear. I think our blankets are rain proof and can be turned into sleeping bags for example. We have to make it south before the winter anyway or we'll freeze to death."


"What will we eat along the way?" Laura inquired further.


"Villages." Janna answered, slightly amused. "We should also check out the capital along the way. Could be fun."


"Didn't you say we shouldn't..." Laura began but was cut off again.


"Forget what I said. We're giants in a fucked up fantasy world. It's what we do. Let's find something to eat, I'm starving already."


-


The girls had returned to the ship first and stripped down to their underwear, their clothes simply too dirty to wear after the fight. Laura had told Janna about the larger village she had found and they agreed to go there and fill their bellies.


"Should I wear my boots in case we encounter any resistance?" Janna had asked.


"Nah." Laura admitted reluctantly, not sure how her friend would react, "I kind of squashed any resistance I met."


Janna froze for a moment before she shrugged.


"Cool."


Upon arriving at the village the tiny people were in shock, as if they hadn't expected to see Laura ever again. Quickly, they fell into old patterns though and gathered were they had gathered before, perfectly leaving out the space were Laura had sat on her last visit. They also started to bring what little food they had left and seized the more beautiful girls as a sacrifice.


"Sorry, peeps." Laura laughed. "I wont be needing any pretty girls today."


"What did you need pretty girls for in the first place?" Janna smirked like an imp.


"Uhhhh, sexy time." Laura admitted, blushing.


A flicker glanced up in Janna's eyes in an instant. She was intrigued.


"How did it turn out?"


"Squishy." Laura responded and both girls laughed.


"Sounds like fun." Janna said, shrugging her shoulders after a short pause before she knelt down and randomly snatched a handful of people off the ground.


"Mhhh, you look yummy!" She taunted them before pouring them into her mouth. Laura watched amazed as Janna's jaw started to move and crush the tiny people into paste.


"Don't look at me like that." Janna protested after noticing the look. "We're in another fucking dimension, we can do whatever we want."


"But you've changed so much." Laura mentioned and gave Janna a serious look.


"Of course I have." Janna responded seriously. "I have killed a few hundred people today, then our plan went down the drain, some magical druid mind controlled you and we will probably never get home."


While it was a tantrum to some extend it didn't sound as hysterical as by any rights it should have.


"Are you alright though?" Laura asked concerned.


"You know what?", Janna began and lifted her foot above the crowd. "I feel alright for the first time since we fucking got here."