- Text Size +

It was enjoyable at first, gliding around in the open world, looking at the beautiful scenery around him. The sun glittering off the glass of the buildings, the cars below moving almost like a liquid through the dense streets. It was not like the beauty of nature, it had something that made it unique, but heavenly nonetheless.

            Nick, being the teenager that he was, quickly grew bored of appreciating it. He wanted to do something, see something new and amazing! But, there is not much to do in the city if you are a tiny fly.

            But, something caught his eye below. A movement that went against the flow of the crowd. A being that looked almost out of place in the hustle and bustle. Well, two somethings, actually.

            Nick dove downwards, eager to find out what the creature was. Could it be a bear? No, that would make absolutely no sense. Could it just be a really fat guy in a trench coat?

            It wasn’t until he was a few feet away that his poor eyes were able to make out the creature. Standing above the crowd, its fur a rich golden brown, its muscles lean, was a horse.

            At first, Nick was baffled. A horse, actually a pair of horses, made less sense than a bear. At least bears could be found in the woods not far from here.

            “Oh!” Nick said happily as he figured out the answer to his conundrum. “They’re from the zoo!”

            They were in fact, not from the zoo at all. One had an uncle who had been in the circus for a brief period of time, but that really doesn’t matter at all.

            They were actually police horses, but to a fly this would have been hard to notice, as there owners were not on them. The two officers were inside the Drunken Donuts across the street, chowing down on a hefty lunch.

             But, Nick was a very observant and intelligent fly, and was able to piece the truth together. They were too well taken care of to be zoo animals, and looked far too beautiful. They were to calm, too well trained. Plus, they had badges on. That was probably the biggest hint.

            “Hmm…” Nick hummed to himself as he weighed his options. All his previous encounters with animals had ended poorly, to put it delicately. If the pattern continued, Nick would probably end up as one of their lunches. Not a pleasant thought. “Yeah, I’m going to pass on the whole horse thing.”

            Laughing to himself, the fly buzzed away.

            But, something drew him back. He knew that they were horses, and he knew his odds were not great, but they might just be able to understand him, and maybe even help.

            “That’s stupid,” he said as turned around again. “There is no way that it will end well.” He spun around again, now facing the animals. “But, nothing has gone well before this, so what have I got to loose.”

            “Hey Carl,” the horse on the left said to his friend.

            “Yeah Frank,” the other replied.

            “Ever wonder why those fat guys ride us around so much? I mean, can’t they just get a car or something?”

            “Well Frank, humans are stupid animals, and these are no exception. Remember yesterday when the fat one…”

            “Which one?” Frank interrupted.

            “Good point. The one who doesn’t have a chin.”

            “Ah. Go on.”

            “Thank you. Anyway, just yesterday he thought that there were ten planets.”

            “Oh, I remember now! Didn’t that conversation end up with them debating philosophy?”

            “It did indeed. Like when your guy said, so elegantly I might add, ‘I eat, therefor I am’.”

            “Excuse me,” Nick said nervously, but the horses took no notice.

            “Oh, and the excellent quote about carrots. ‘I don’t believe those doctors know what they’re talking about. Anything that smell like my grandma’s gym socks can’t be healthy.”

            “What type of carrot would fit that description?”

            “I don’t think he really knew what a carrot was.”

            “Um… Excuse me officer,” Nick tried to ask again, intimidated by their sheer size. Still they did not turn to him.

            “Oh, how about the time when we were riding down the street and passed the salad kart.”

            “I remember the look of horror on their faces.”

            “Yes, but do you remember what they said after they passed by it?”

            “I think it was something like ‘Food like that should be a crime. Then I’d be able to go all ape on it.’”

            “Excuse me!” Nick shouted, now buzzing hurriedly between them.

            The horse of the left closed his eyes, and took one long, slow, deep breath. “For Jessica Parker’s sake, what?”

            “No, don’t acknowledge it Frank!” the other horse quickly said. “It’s a bug! Don’t talk to bugs.”

            “Shit. I know… I just thought that maybe it would leave if I…”

            “No! They never leave! The just fly around and bight you. Especial if you say something. Have you ever heard a fly try and tell a story?”

            “No.”

            “Well if you give them the slightest bit of attention, they’ll try. And let me tell you, it is not a fun experience. They just go on and on, forming half sentences with their small, dumb minds.” He practically spit on the ground.

            “But, I’m not a fly!” Nick yelled, trying anything.

            “Fine,” Carl said, defeated. “What should we do with it now?”

            “Only thing we can do. Follow my lead.” With as much of a snobbish attitude as the horse could produce, which was a lot given that horses where very snobby animals to begin with, Frank whipped his head into the air, turning away from the fly as he did so.

            “Ah. That should work,” Carl said as he did likewise, turning complete around.

            Nick groaned, the horse’s gigantic posteriors now obstructing the greater portion of his view.

            “Great,” he said, annoyed. “Guess that didn’t work.”

            The fly turned to leave, but something stopped him. A subtle sent wafting through the air, its delicate odor slowly surrounding him. It smelled like a combination of the sweet, yet slightly sour aroma of a newly baked pie cooling on a windowsill, mixed with a pile of newly laid cow manor baking in the noon day sun.

            It grabbed hold of the little fly, turning his back around to the great ass before him. He chuckled as thoughts started racing through his head. Dirty thoughts. Thoughts that he was ashamed he was thinking, and thoughts that seemed just plain wrong.

            “Thoughts that other fly would probably agree with,” he said out loud as he drifted ever closer. The horses rear twitched slightly, its massive muscles moving the most minute of amounts. Its tail swung lazily, the golden hairs gently traveling back and forth.

            Dare he land on the magnificent body? Would the horse feel it? Would he do something about it? But, perhaps just a touch would be fine.

            Elegantly he glided over to the soft, felt like skin of the horses’ bottom, landing delicately on its fur. The smell had grown stronger now, reaching around him, enveloping him in a cocoon of sweaty goodness.

            He was drawn towards the source of the reeking, his nose guiding him to his the irresistible temptation. So close it was now, so complete was the stench. It seeped into every poor of Nick’s body, filling his nostrils with its heavenly stench.

            Nick took a deep breath, savoring the sensation. “This feels so wrong,” he said to no one in particular. “But it smells so right.”

            Without another moment’s hesitation, Nick jumped headfirst into the animal’s posterior.

Chapter End Notes:

Back to the animals! But only for a few chapters, i promis.

In other news, i started planning out another, more story focussed work! Oh, it looking pretty good so far.

Also, that commission thing is still open, if anyone is interested. Just send me an email at bleachwhiteskull@gmail.com