- Text Size +

I rolled Sky over to see that one of the cuts on her stomach had opened up. The knife lay next to her, blade facing away from her.

“Miry, you asshole.” I said.

“What?” She responded.

“You made me think that she had stabber herself.”

“I did not such thing. I merely said that we had other things to worry about.”

“How bad is the cut?”

“It’s nothing too bad, but we should get her bandaged up.”

“Yeah we should before she gets infected with something.”

“Go ahead and grab her. Take her to the kitchen and put her on the table.” With that Miry once again vanished. I looked at Sky again. She looked like she was in a peaceful slumber. Her chest rising and falling with even breaths. Her eyes darting around under her eyelids.

I feel sorry for her. She must had seen things. Things that no one should ever see. I wanted to lay next to her. To tell her it would be ok. Let her know that someone cared for her, but I knew that she’d get sick if I didn’t bandage her up soon.

I slowly put one arm under her head and the other under her knees. Then promptly fell trying to lift her. For a small, thin girl she definitely had some pounds. I stood back up and tried again. This time had more success. I carefully took her to the kitchen.

The table was already clear, except for a small first aid kit. I gently lay Sky on the table, and popped open the first aid kit. I laid a few small bandages cross her open wound. Then I took her back upstairs and laid her in the girly rooms’ bed. I then went through the room and took out anything she could use to cause herself harm. I needed to clear my head, so I went back outside to see Tina’s face up against the glass. Seeing her gave me a bit of a scare.

“Sorry.” She said. “I didn’t mean to scare you.”

“No, it’s ok.” I said.

“I was just wondering what’s going on. Miranda wouldn’t tell me anything.”

“She wouldn’t? Why?”

“She kept saying she was busy.”

“That’s weird.”

“Yeah it is, so tell me what did I miss?” I told her everything that had happen. As I told her, her face became more and more long.

“…and so she’s sleeping in the girl’s room.”

“Oh my goddess.” She said. “I am sorry you had to go through that.”

“It’s not your fault. I just want her to wake up so we can talk. I need to know how I know her.”

“You might not get that chance.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well you see. What you’re describing sounds like serious brain damage. It’s sounds like she’s delirious.”

“No she’s just…”

“She thought you were a frickin android. She at least delirious, at worse straight up crazy.”

“She just needs to realize that I’m not gonna hurt her, or send her to Monica.”

“How do you plan on doing that?”

“I don’t know yet, but I’ll think of something. I have to.”

“You know, we could just gas her a little.”

“No.”

“Hear me out. She doesn’t have the drug resistance you have. I could gas her with a drug that would let you talk to her.”

“No.” I said. “I will not let you gas her.”

“Nothing else will work.” Came Miry’s voice. “Tina’s plan is the only one that will work without restraining the girl.”

“You haven’t heard my plan yet.” I said.

“Well then let’s hear it.” Tina said.

“We let her chill in the room for a while until she’s nice and calm. Then I go in and talk to her.”

“No, I won’t let you do it.” Tina said. “What if she attacks you? No one could save you. You’d be alone in there, and I’m not will to take that risk.”

“Well I am.” I said.

“That maybe so, but you are my…um…my…”

“Property?” I guessed.

“Yeah, that.”

“Look, you need to trust me on this.”

“Why?”

“I can’t say for certain, but I have a feeling that she won’t attack me.”

“Well a feeling might get you killed.”

“Please? Just let me do this.” Tina gave a frustrated sigh.

“Fine, but Miry will monitor the situation. And if things start going wrong she’ll gas the tank. Deal?”

“Deal. Thank you Tina.”

“Yeah, just don’t make me regret it. Miry, you walk with him to the room ok?”

“Sure boss.” Miry said. She turned to me. “She’s starting to wake up.”

“Already?” I ask.

“Well she’s showing very early signs of waking up. Either way we should get going.” We walked back into the house. Once we got to the door of the girl’s room I looked at Miry, and gave a nod. She returned it and vanished. I put my hand on the cold, metal door knob and slowly turned it.

I pushed the door open just enough that I could slip through. Once I was in I slowly shut the door. I walked over to the bed, and took a seat on the edge of the bed. Sky’s face was so peaceful, except for all the cuts and bruises on it. They made me feel more and more sorry for her.

What have you seen? I thought. What could’ve made you so insane that you’d want to take your own life? What kind of scum would put someone through that kind of torment? Well that’s all in the past. From this day forth I shall never let anything happen to you. Ever. I gently stroked her hair.

 

When suddenly, her eyes opened.      

 

Chapter End Notes:

 

 

I'm gonna take a short break, but then I'll get right on todays' last chapter.