- Text Size +

She sprang out of the box. Head jerking from side to side. Body twitching. Panic in her eyes. Her hair a tangled mess. Body free of clothes. Before I could get a word out, she hobbled away. Mumbling nonsense as she bee lined for my house.

“Hey wait!” I called after her. She ignored me, and picked up her speed. I bolted after her. I needed to know who she was. I had almost caught up to her when an explosion of pain went off in my head. I soon found myself eating dirt. I spat out the turf and looked up to see her still trying to get away.

“Miry!” I yelled. “She’s up! And I think she hit me!” That was all it took before a holographic Miry appeared next to me. Her blue eyes quickly worked their way up and down my body. Miry then turned her head towards Sky before disappearing. I rolled over to see that I could not locate Sky anymore.

I quickly got up and spun in a small circle trying to find her. She was nowhere to be found. I couldn’t believe it. She was just here. Where the fuck could she’ve gone in ten firkin seconds? Then I saw the curtains behind the front door moved just a bit. I wasted no time charging inside.

My eyes panned around the kitchen, looking for any sign of her. I stood absolutely still. My ears perked up to absorb any sound. Suddenly a small creek echoed from somewhere above me. I carefully crept through the house. Eyes glued to the floor as if they were looking for potential noises before I made them. My ears still on high alert.

The hallway to the stairs was a piece of cake. Then I came to the stairs. I lifted my foot off the floor and gently placed it on the first step. A small creek came from the wood step. I rapidly brought my foot off the plank. My mind rushed as it tried to find a way that I could climb the stairs, without making a sound.

But as I thought about that, a different thought entered my mind. Where did Miry go? As if on que Miry appeared next to me.

“She’s in the master bedroom.” She whispered.

“Yeah, but I can’t get up the stairs without making a crap ton of noise.” I hissed. “Is there another way I could get up there?”

“No. This is the only way up or down.”

“Is there some way you could get her to come down here?”

“No, not really.”

“What a great help you are.” I said, refocusing on the stairs. Once again, I carefully lowered my foot on the stair. Thankfully it didn’t make a pep. My heart was pumping out of control as I lower my foot on to the next step. Not a sound was heard. I got cocky and I skipped the next step. Again no sound came from the step. Moments later I had reached the top of the stairs. I slowly made the left towards the master bedroom. Then I heard Miry whisper again.

“Pick up the pace man. She’s got a knife to her throat!” My heart sank. I ditched quiet and ran at full speed down the hall. I exploded into the room to see her on the bed. Tears streaming down her face. Eyes near as red as blood. And a silvery line across her neck.

Her eyes grew wider as she drew her arm up.

“SKY! NO!” I yelled louder than I had ever yelled before. To my surprise she stopped. Her eyes were now trained on me. I took a step forward and she held the blade higher up her neck.

“Sky.” I said as gently as I could. “Hi. Hi. My name is Robert. Could you please but the knife down? Maybe we can talk. Get to know each other. Wouldn’t that be fun?” She didn’t say a word. Her eyes just kept tracking me, and any moment I made. “You don’t talk much do you? That’s ok. To be honest I don’t care. I’m so lonely. I need another humans touch, Sky.” She mumbled something. “I couldn’t hear you. What did you say?”

“My name is not Sky.” She said through the waterfall of tears.

“Well what is your name?” I asked.

“Monica’s Toy #69.” She spat.

“That’s not your name. That’s a label that damn bitch Monica gave you. You have a name. I know you do. And I’m almost certain it’s Sky. Now let’s put then knife down, and have a chat. Ok?”

“No.” She said, her voice cracking and breaking. “No, cause once I drop my guard you’ll send me back to her. Then she’ll punish me for running away! I’ll be forced to man the Hell Pit! And I won’t let that happen! I’ll die before I man that damn device!”

“Sky, I’m not going to send you to Monica. Ok? I won’t make you man the Hell Pit. Ok? I just want to talk. Human to human.”

“STOP TRING TO FOOL ME YOU DAMN MACHINE!!!!!” She screamed. “YOU ASSHOLES KILLED RACHEL!!!” Sky started to sob. “You killed Rachel.”

“Sky, listen. I don’t know what you’re talking about. I’m not a machine. I’m human. My name is Robert. Ok? I want to make you feel better, but I can’t do that unless you put the knife down.”

“I can…I don’t want to…I just.” Was all she said before she collapsed on the bed.

“Miry!” I yelled. She was next to the bed before I even said her name. “What’s going on? Is she ok?”

“She fainted, but there’s a bigger problem.” I didn’t even have to ask what she was talking about.

 

For I could see the creek of crimson start to drip on to the ground.        

Chapter End Notes:

 

 

This is the first of three that I hope to post today. I'm gonna stop typing now and get started on GP 13