- Text Size +

The school's cafateria was built much like the classrooms had. It was one giant room complete with a full sized lunch table and windows that allowed for an amazing view of outside. Amy's was a rectangular table big enough to hold all of the regular sized round tables everyone else sat at. Of course she would never allow somebody else to share a table with her. Everyone else sat atop the platform that ran the length of the wall facing Amy. The elevators the students used to access the cafateria lead right to the food stations, which were built inside of the wall, and the lunch tables were along the platform inside the room.

Ben, Johnny, and Mark sat at their own table as usual. Discussing the events of the day in hopes that it will ease their minds from the fact that Amy sat only a few giant steps away from everyone.

"Holy shit! I swear to God I thought she was going to drop him in her mouth when she picked him up," Johnny exclaimed.

"I'll be honest, the thought of that made me smile," Mark replied.

"Could you imagine what would have happened if she actually ate him? Talk about some serious indigestion," Johnny whispered.

"She looked like she was ready to do it too. Right when she had him daggling over her head. Do you think she'd do it Ben?" Mark asked.

Ben wasn't listening though, all of his focus was on the magnificant force of nature in front of him. Amy sat at her table looking down at her lunch, as lost in her thoughts as he was. Scientific studies in agriculture lead to the creation of a chemical compound that, when sprayed over crops caused a dramatic increase in size. The seeds of these plants were later planted and sprayed again until fruits and vegetables could be planted that were big enough for Amy. As a result Amy was a vegetarian since the compound only affected plant cells and not animals or humans. She also owned a garden that covered at least one square mile. A gardener and a vegetarian. Ben thought. Could someone like that really be as bad a person as she leads us to believe?

Suddenly a hand waving in front of his face snapped Ben back to reality. "Yoo-hoo, Earth to Benjamin," Johnny said. "You ok there dude?"

"Huh? Oh, yeah. I'm alright," he replied. "Just a little shaken by what happened. That's all."

"I know what you mean," Mark said. "If we hadn't bolted for the sidewalk we would have been right in her path. She might not have even seen us for all we know."

Johnny nodded. "We should feel lucky about that. The fact that no one pays attention to us is what's kept us from being targets so far."

*****

Amy sat with her head pointed towards the table; not bothering to look up and see all of the other students chatting with their friends about normal things. She gazed at the remains of her salad and tried to remember what a cheeseburger had tasted like. She had had one once, back when she was still small enough to fit inside her parents house. Back then no one could have imagined that she would grow like she had, nor could they explain why it happened. Amy was pretty sure the government would have loved to perform tests on her if they could successfully cover it up. It's hard to cover something up when it's 150 ft tall and can pick up a tank with one hand.

Her mind began to think back to elementary school, which she immediately regretted. To take her mind off of things she grabbed the half of her orange that she hadn't eaten yet and stood up. It was time to meet her newest friend.

*****

Mark sat down after throwing out the scraps from his lunch and returning his tray. "You know, now that I think about it, you're right Johnny. We're the luckiest sons of bitches in this school. I mean, we've been going to school with Amy for years and she hasn't even noticed us once."

Just then, all eyes turned as Amy stood up from her table and walked over to the platform where everyone's tables were. The platform was only about 100 ft high, which put everyone at eye level with Amy's glorious breasts.

She smiled a playful smile as she looked down at everyone. "I hope I'm not interrupting your meal, but I'm looking for a certain someone. Could someone please point out Benjamin Lyons?

All at once everyone began to murmmer to each other the same question, 'Who was Benjamin Lyons?'. From where they sat Johnny slowly reached his hand over and slapped Mark in the back of the head.

Had he been alone right now Ben would have been sweating bullets. Never the less he kept all emotion from showing up on his face. His dad, while not a gambler, played poker once every few weeks with his friends. He taught Ben the skills necessary for a good poker face, which Ben had used on bullies that would mock him in order to provoke a fight. Eventually they would give up once it become clear that he wouldn't show any reaction. This was different though. Now, all of his skills were going to  be put through the ultimate test.

With his palms flat against the table Ben stood up, looked directly into her lucious blue eyes, and raised his voice. "I believe you're looking for me."

All talking came to a halt. Amy looked around before she spotted the source of the voice that had spoken up, she studied him thoroughly. He was certainly tall for a normal human. He had a mop top of brown hair, dark eyes, and a strong jaw line that made him look rather handsome if you took the time to notice. He wore a dress shirt that was unbuttoned revealing an Iron Man T-shirt underneath, and a pair of jeans. Well well, Amy thought. He's quite the little cutie.

"There's the big, brave hero I've heard so much about," Amy said, her grin widening. "I've heard you couragously stood up to some barbaric individuals this morning. I've been dying to meet you ever since. Here, let me get a closer look at you."

Then she plucked Ben gently between her fingers and brought him up to her face. The height was dizzying and Ben had to focus hard upon her eyes, it was all he could do to keep from passing out. Her grip on him was firm yet surprisingly gentle. Never the less the thought of her loosening her grip up, even a tiny bit, made his stomach twist into knots. ben swallowed and worked hard to keep his composure while Amy studied him.

"My my my," she murmmered. "Quite a handsome face you keep hidden behind all of that hair." She noticed his shirt. "Iron Man, huh? I guess you really are a superhero." She brought her gaze back up to his face and whispered, "I wonder if you can fly like Iron Man. Would you like to show me?"

Ben closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He was not really a religious person. His family was technically Catholic but they hadn't been to church in years and Ben had never even picked up a bible. But right now he had no choice but to trust in a little faith. He opened his eyes.

"You won't drop me," he said slowly.

Amy raised a questioning eyebrow, though this was not the first time she had heard this question. she was prepared for him to start going on about stuff like humanity, and morality, and conciences ect. ect.

Instead Ben maintained direct eye contact and spoke calmly. "I wouldn't want to mess up your boots. From a height of 150 ft I won't hit terminal velocity before I hit the ground. Never the less I'd pick up quite a bit of speed. By the time I hit the ground my body would explode on impact. Once the blood dries I don't know how you'd get it off of your boots."

This time it was Amy who was trying to decide if he was serious or not. Usually lifting someone up was enough to get them flailing and crying out. Instead he remained still as she held him and spoke about falling to his death as if it were everyday conversation. This was not something she had suspected. Realizing she was loosing the upperhand she put a smile back on her face as she set him back down on the platform.

"You truly are a brave soul Benjamin. Mind if I call you Ben?"

He nodded.

"Ben it is," she said. "I guess you really do have the makings of a superhero." Suddenly her smile turned wicked. "Of course every superhero needs a good supervillian."

Ben had no idea what was scarier. Being held between her fingers and talking about falling to his death. Or standing on solid ground and looking up at her evil smile. For a second he noticed the dimples on her face. Oh my God, she has evil dimples.

Amy held the orange half above everyones head. "You better stop me Iron Man, before I unleash a flood across New York." Oddly enough Ben's last thoughts were 'How does she know where Iron Man lives?'.

Amy squeazed the orange as hard as she could sending a citrus shower right ontop of Ben. Everyone else had run away when she revealed the orange, so Ben took the full force of it. The weight of the juice hit him hard and brought him to his knees as droplets continued to rain on him. The overpowering smell of oranges made his vision fade a little, threatening to make him black out. It took alot of willpower to remain concious. As the last few drops of juice landed nearby Ben finally stood up, already he body was drying up and feeling sticky.

From high above Amy laughed. "Aaaaaw. The mighty Iron Man, brought to his knees by a little Vitamin C."

Then Ben looked up at Amy and her laugh froze in her throat. His face remained as calm as ever except for his eyes. The sheer level of anger directed at her through those dark eyes was so surprising that amy forgot her superior height. No one had ever looked at her like that before. And it frightened her.

"I. Am not. A toy." His voice was cold as ice. "And you are not a child. This is not one big game for us so stop treating us like we're play things. This is the real world, there are consequences. People get hurt, people die."

An unbearable silence fell upon the cafateria. Amy stood there, completely frozen by his words, and his anger. After a few moments she noticed that everyone was looking at her and she felt furious. How dare he speak to her like that when she was just having a little fun. How dare he make her look weak in front of the entire senior class. Amy's face turned red with rage as she tried her hardest to say something.

"You little! . . . You . . . I . . . I . . . GRRRR!" She gave up and stomped her foot in anger. The entire platform shook sending everybody staggering to the floor as Amy walked out in a fit of rage. When everyone had regained their balance they turned to Ben, who remained standing in the middle of a large puddle of orange juice. Without a word Ben turned and walked to the elevators hoping to go home and forget what just happened. It wasn't until after he stood alone in the elevator and the doors had shut that Ben finally allowed his legs to give in and collapse.