- Text Size +

  At first Doctor N’gor didn’t notice that Jessica was awake. He was too busy looking over the results of his scans, the pod’s instruments were still reading that she was still asleep and he felt safe. It was only when he noticed her growing foot and the fact that she was beginning to move around that he truly realised what was going on.

  In fear Doctor N’gor took several steps back as he saw Jessica continue to grow, she sat up in the tube and looked towards him. Within seconds she had fully filled up the pod and the glass around her shattered as if it had been hit by a meteorite. She placed her growing feet on the floor and Doctor N’gor stared at her in absolute fear. He was so afraid he had not contemplated calling for help and he watched as she stood up to her full height and her head struck the ceiling. The room had a fifteen foot ceiling and Jessica began to push against it trying to break through. For now she was too weak but as her body continued to grow upwards it was only a matter of time before she broke through. She looked down at the ever shrinking Doctor N’gor and she decided to give him a word of warning.

  “I suggest you run little man,” said Jessica as the ceiling above her began to creak and crack from the strain of her head and hands pushing against it. “I’ve got a very long way to go before I’m finished.”

  Doctor N’gor didn’t need to be a genius to take her advice. He ran out of the room as fast as his legs could carry him, while running down the corridor he spotted a large red button and he didn’t hesitate in pushing it activating the complex’s alarm system. Immediately afterwards the lights in the complex all turned red and a loud booming sound activated indicating that the alarms had been set off.

  No sooner had he left the stasis room Jessica broke through the ceiling. She felt a huge sense of relief after she broke through but she noticed that she wasn’t out in the open just yet. She was in another corridor and her head was quickly moving up towards the next ceiling. She didn’t know just how many floors before she reached fresh air. She feared that she would reach her full size without breaking through. If she didn’t it would be almost impossible for her to escape. She was also in some discomfort because the sound of the alarms were bellowing in her ever expanding ears.

  The crashing noises had not gone unnoticed; the agents searching the complex for Jessica had heard everything that was happening. All the alarms were blaring and they weren’t sure exactly what was going on. At first Agent Barnes thought that they had been discovered but he saw something that haunted him. He saw the ceiling above him cracking in several places from a crack stretching behind him. The two Sue clones who were with him also stopped and looked up to the ceiling.

  “W-what’s going on?” asked one of Sue’s clones still looking up to the ceiling.

  “I think we may have lost the element of surprise,” replied Agent Barnes with a sense of dread.

  Seconds later a large part of the ceiling came down along with several large pieces of debris. Doctor Barnes used his strength to protect himself and one of the Sue clones from the falling debris. The second clone disappeared immediately after the debris began to fall. This meant that Agent Barnes only had to worry about one clone and not the other.

  The debris was large enough to crush any normal person to death but because of Agent Barnes’ super strength the debris shattered on impacting his body. The Sue clone had dived underneath him when the trouble started so she had been shielded from any debris. She knew that she was just a clone but whenever a clone died the others would go through the agony of the death. Each clone would instantaneously feel the death of another clone and this would cause much agony for each one of them.

  The same had happened where the other agents were investigating; Agent Carpenter was able to increase her telekinetic shield to cover both her and the two Sue clones that had accompanied her. The debris that was falling was very heavy but it was nothing that her shield couldn’t protect them from. The Sue clones were very nervous because they had no idea what was going on and the fact that the alarms had been activated only added to their confusion.

  “What’s going on?” asked one of the Sue clones looking up to some debris that had landed on the telekinetic shield.

  “Isn’t it obvious?” replied Agent Carpenter still concentrating on maintaining the shield. If she lost her concentration the shield would fail and they would be crushed almost immediately. “I can sense Agent Snape’s thoughts, she’s woken up.” She then turned her head towards the Sue clone. “And you know what happens to Agent Snape after she wakes up.”

  It only took a fraction of a second for the Sue clone to comprehend what was happening. The moment she made the realisation all the other clones also picked up on this. When one clone discovered something of interest its mind would link to all the others and they would know about the discovery. But this also spelt bad news for everyone inside the complex. She knew just how large Jessica was when she reached her full height.

  “In that case may I suggest we evacuate the area immediately?” asked the Sue clone.

  “I think that would be a good idea,” replied Agent Carpenter. “Since Agent Snape is on her way up I think we should do the same.”

  Using her telekinetic powers she lifted both herself and the Sue clones up through the now gaping hole in the series. She constantly kept a lookout for any of the other agents so that she could protect them at the same time. She knew that Agent Barnes would easily survive this but she wasn’t too sure about Agent Rogers. All his teleporting had tired him out and she didn’t know whether he could get himself to safety.

  Agent Rogers was having some difficulty himself. He was very agile on top of his teleportation abilities so he jumped out of the way from most of the debris. He could still teleport himself over short distances. He still didn’t have the strength to teleport anyone else with him and he saw one of the Sue clones that had accompanied him disappear. A clone couldn’t disappear by itself. It needed the original Sue or another clone nearby to absorb into. Since the other clones were too far away and the original Sue was still tending to Tucker in the desert it couldn’t disappear. All the clone could do was try and dodge to debris like Agent Rogers but it didn’t have the same athletic abilities.

  Jessica continued to grow as she went through one floor to another. She guessed that each floor was around ten feet so it meant that she would go through just over twelve floors before she would stop growing. A few times she felt some pain as if someone was firing at her. Although she couldn’t see it a few of the Dolorians had discovered her going through each of the floors and were firing at her. Thankfully for her she had grown so large that the attacks we doing no harm. A few times she did swat a few Dolorians as she was going through but by now everyone in the complex knew what was happening. But it wasn’t her wellbeing that she was thinking of. She still didn’t know what had happened to Tucker and finding him was the only thing on her mind.

  Eventually Jessica’s head struck another ceiling but this time it didn’t seem to give way like the others had done. Where the others seemed to be made out of normal stone this one seemed to be made out of reinforced concrete. Although it was incredibly strong it had never had a growing person pushing against it from underneath. With all her strength Jessica pushed and pushed and much to her relief she could hear it begin to crack and strain from her efforts.

  “Come on Jess one more push should do it,” said Jessica to herself as she continued to move upwards.

  Almost with an earthshattering crack the ceiling above her finally gave way and she finally pushed her way through. While she had been pushing she was having to start to crouch as her body continued to grow taller and taller. Much to her relief she discovered that the reason it had been so tough to go through was that it was the roof. As her head continued to rise up higher and higher she took a deep breath of fresh air. It seemed to smell sweeter now even though it was the exactly the same as she had felt when she first came to Doloria.

  Jessica’s body continued to grow upwards and after several seconds her chest rose up through roof, then her midsection and then eventually her hips. But as soon as her hips had reached the roof she stopped growing. Everything from the hips up was above the roof but her legs and feet were still in the complex.

  “Oh it feels good to be free,” said Jessica as she stretched her arms. She had noticed that it was now night and she still had no idea how long she had been captive for. She didn’t know whether it had been days, weeks, months or even years.

  Jessica began to notice that the roof around her body was beginning to crumble away, she could still feel little sharp pains in her legs where a few Dolorian’s were trying to attack her but their efforts were in vein. She had grown so large that any handheld weapon short of a bazooka could truly harm her.

  Once again her thoughts began to turn back to Tucker. She had no idea where he was or even if he was still alive but for the moment he wasn’t her first concern. First she needed to get herself out of the complex, thankfully it would not be difficult since she was already half way out but there was going to be even more damage to the complex before she was truly free. She thought about pushing her weight against the complex and lifting her feet up that way but she didn’t think the badly damaged roof could hold her mighty weight. There was only one way she could get out and that was to go walk through the complex towards where she could see open ground. For a woman of her stature it would only be a few short steps for her. There was only one small problem she could think of. There was going to be a lot of destruction no matter what she did and she didn’t want to have the death of many Dolorians on her conscious no matter what they did to her.

  “OK DOLORIANS LISTEN UP!” shouted Jessica so that she could be heard by almost everyone in or out of the complex. “I’M GOING TO WALK OUT OF HERE AND I’M GIVING YOU ALL ONE MINUTE TO GET OUT OF MY WAY! AFTER THAT I’M NOT GOING TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR WHATEVER HAPPENS!”

  Inside the complex many Dolorians had listened to Jessica’s warning and decided that they preferred to keep their lives rather than try and stop her from escaping. The other Agents had also heard the warning and they too decided that it was best to get out. Agent Carpenter had already reached the top floor and was almost out of the complex but Agent Barnes and Rogers were still inside each with a Sue clone. By now they had all realised what had happened and the fact that their search was over. Now their only concern was getting out and retuning to Home.

  Agent Carpenter was still mind linked to the other agents, it didn’t take much effort to link up to Jessica’s also. The fact that Jessica’s brain was much bigger than anyone else’s didn’t make the job any harder. She had fully trained herself in using her powers so this would be no great effort for her.

  “Agent Snape can you hear me?” asked Agent Carpenter to Jessica through telepathy.

  “Yes I can,” replied Jessica looking around to see if she could see Agent Carpenter. There didn’t seem to be much sign of her. “Where are you?”

  “I’m inside the complex along with Agents Grimm, Rogers and Barnes. We’ve come to rescue you and Tucker.”

  “Tucker where is he?” She began to panic as she realised that Tucker might also be in the complex. Her growth spurt had caused some damage and she hoped that Tucker hadn’t been caught in it.

  “Don’t worry, Agent Grimm has him in the desert. He’s safe Agent Snape but I want you to wait for me to help the others escape. I think I might be able to use my telekinesis to lift you out without causing any more damage.”

  “Are you sure? I know you’re very powerful but can you really lift me? As you know I’m not the lightest girl in the universe.”

  “There’s only one way to find out and I know we both don’t want anyone dying. This way minimalizes the risk.”

  “I guess you’re right but don’t strain yourself. I don’t want you going to the hospital.”

  “We’ll be fine but I need you to wait for my signal.”

  Jessica didn’t seem to have much choice but to obey Agent Carpenter. She was happy that Tucker was safe and sound but she still had some worry about him. There were a few dangerous animals in the desert but because it was night she hoped that most would be dormant. Even if he were to be attacked Sue could create enough clones to deal with almost any threat.

  Meanwhile inside the complex on the opposite side of where Jessica and the other agents were trying to escape Captain Uganda and a couple of aides were inside the main control room. He wasn’t pleased with what had been happening and he was more than ready to shoot the next person who made a mistake. He wasn’t known for being the most placid Dolorian and he knew that if Jessica escaped he would lose more than just his position. He would most likely be stood at a wall and shot.

  He could see the now giant Jessica on a screen in front of him and he noticed that she wasn’t cloaked. At this moment in time it didn’t concern him, all he wanted was for her to be subdued once more and he didn’t care if she died during the attempt. He couldn’t risk her escaping, he feared that there would be dire consequences for all of Doloria. He would not stand by and watch his world burn.

  “I WANT THAT ALIEN TAKEN DOWN RIGHT NOW!” shouted Captain Uganda to his aides who were already scurrying around trying to make his orders a reality. “CONTACT EVERY MILITARY PERSONNEL IN THE AREA AND TELL THEM TO SHOOT THE ALIEN! TERMINATION IS ADVISED!”

  The aides began to relay the message across the Creed Desert. Another military complex had already been put on standby for an emergency that had seemingly come to pass. No sooner had they received the command two dozen tank like vehicles began to make their way towards where Jessica was located. Unlike tanks on Earth these were much stronger and faster. They could withstand almost anything and they could travel up to one hundred miles an hour which was unheard of in Earth standards for a tank. If it were only one Jessica would have no problem dealing with it but with this sheer number the odds weren’t in her favour. These cannons also packed a huge punch that if placed correctly could easily cause her great harm perhaps even death.

  The only thing that Jessica had on her side besides her enormous size was that she had friends. Captain Uganda had been unaware of the appearance of the other agents and he only thought that Jessica was his only problem. If he knew about them he would have sent nothing less powerful than a nuclear bomb.

  After several minutes Jessica watched as the other agents all left the complex. Agent Carpenter had been the first to leave since she was the closet to the open roof, Agent Rogers had used the last of his energy to teleport both himself and the Sue clone just outside the complex. Finally Agent Barnes had to wait for Agent Carpenter to lift him and the final Sue clone out of the complex. Now that they were all out of the complex Agent Carpenter began to concentrate, she was going to attempt to lift Jessica out of the complex without causing any more damage. Jessica was much larger than anything Agent Carpenter had ever lifted before but she thought that she would be able to accomplish the task.

  Jessica waited for a moment before she felt the strangest feeling, she was once again rising up into the air. This time was different however, instead of growing taller Jessica felt her feet lift off the ground. She looked over to Agent Carpenter who was standing on the ground a small distance from the complex. She could see that Agent Carpenter had her eyes closed and was holding her hands out while she used her powers. The other agents stood a few metres behind her in complete silence. If she broke her concentration she would drop Jessica and that would be disastrous.

  After roughly a minute Jessica had risen around eighty feet into the air and her feet were now above the complex roof. She couldn’t believe that Agent Carpenter was actually powerful enough to lift her using her telekinesis. But she could also see the strain on her face, although Jessica couldn’t see it Agent Carpenter’s nose was beginning to bleed. This only happened when she pushed her powers too far.

  Eventually after Agent Carpenter was satisfied that she had lifted Jessica high enough she began to guide her several metres towards her and away from the complex but the effort was beginning to take its toll on her. Agent Carpenter was beginning to feel weak and once or twice Jessica dropped a couple of feet almost striking the complex.

  When Jessica was finally clear of the complex Agent Carpenter didn’t wait to slowly lower her to the ground. Jessica had been perfectly still throughout the ordeal. If she had moved at all it would have made the task that much more difficult for Agent Carpenter. When there was only ten feet between Jessica and the ground Agent Carpenter finally dropped her fully and she struck the ground relatively softly. The fall hadn’t been enough to cause any injury to Jessica since in her eyes the fall had only been six inches and she landed squarely on her feet. But the effort had done more damage to Agent Carpenter. She almost fainted but Agent Barnes quickly ran and caught her before she hit the ground. Jessica quickly knelt down to see is she was alright.

  “Diane!” exclaimed Jessica with worry. She could see that Agent Carpenter was still breathing so that was a good sign.

  “She’s alright Agent Snape,” replied Agent Barnes. “She’s just tired, give her a little time to rest and she’ll be fine.”

  Jessica couldn’t help but feel happy with everything that had happened in the last few minutes. She had seemingly escaped the complex and she knew that Tucker was safe and sound. All she thought that she needed to do now was reunite with him and the original Sue and go through the vortex back to Home. She was glad that this whole saga was coming to an end and she hoped that she wouldn’t be coming back to Doloria any time soon.

  Suddenly she began to hear something mechanical heading their way. She knew that it wasn’t the same as the jets that had taken her down earlier that day. She quickly stood back up and began to look around to see if she could see anything heading towards them. Unfortunately because it was the middle of the night it was hard for her to see anything even with her enhanced eyesight. It took her a few minutes to finally see what was approaching them. She could just make out what looked to be tank like vehicles. She looked at them for a few moments to fully comprehend what was happening and she also realised that she hadn’t reactivated the cloaking systems on her VSC yet. Through all the excitement she had completely forgotten about it. She looked down to where the other agents were and once again she was very concerned.

  “We’ve got company,” said Jessica. No sooner had she said this the first tank fired at her. She had to quickly dive out of the way so that she wasn’t hit by the shell. She made sure that she dived away from the agents and the complex but she still hit the ground very hard and it caused a small tremor.

  The tanks were fitted with the latest night vision technology so they could see Jessica as clear as day. They couldn’t see the other agents because they were still being cloaked. For now the Dolorians didn’t know that the other agents were even there. All they thought was that Jessica had escaped on her own and they had received orders to take her down fast and hard.

  Agent Barnes gently placed Agent Carpenter on the ground so that she could recover. He turned to where the tanks were and by now even he could just about see them. Several more began to fire at Jessica but they were all off target, one struck the complex causing even more damage to the already crippled building.

  “Looks like we’re going to have a little more fun before we go back to Home,” said Agent Barnes crunching his knuckles. “Ok team just like we practiced, take them out but do not kill if possible.”

  Jessica got back up to her feet and she knew what she needed to do. It was obvious to her that she was their primary target so her job was to distract the tanks while the others took them out one by one. Once again her size would be an advantage and disadvantage in this situation. Her size and strength would help with dealing with the tanks but her size still made her an enormous target that would be hard to miss.

  Sue quickly began to multiply herself again. It only took her moments to create a hundred clones and she could very easily create more if need be. Each clone was still cloaked so the Dolorians still couldn’t see them at all. All they had was their night vision and for now they could only see Jessica. She had contemplated reactivating her cloaking systems but she thought that it was still best that the tanks could see her so that they would be drawn to her and their gaze diverted from the other agents.

  The ten tanks once again began to fire at Jessica and once more she relied on her athletic abilities to save herself from harm. Anyone who thought that just because she was big meant that she was slow, in reality there was nothing farther from the truth. Despite her mighty size Jessica always kept her body in peak physical condition for such situations like this. She knew that her size couldn’t save her from ever situation she encountered and if she ever lost her size she had other skills to fall back on.

  For the time being it seemed that Jessica’s strategy was working. While the tanks concentrated on her they failed to notice the other agents beginning to move towards them. Jessica had tried to stay in one place most of the time so that the tanks hardly had to move. Agent Barnes was the first to make his presence known. He jumped onto one of the tanks and using his mighty strength he ripped the tank’s cannon clean off incapacitating the vehicle. The Dolorians inside had no idea what had just happened, they had not seen him coming and it had come as a complete shock to him.

  Agent Rogers teleported himself onto the top of a tank. He saw that there was a hatch that could be opened and he didn’t hesitate in opening it. There he saw a couple of Dolorians who to them had just watched their hatch open by itself. Agent Rogers then dropped down into the tank and grabbed the two Dolorians, with what little energy he had left he teleported both himself and the Dolorians out of the tank, he took them close to a mile away from the conflict before teleporting away.

  All the Sue clones were ganging up on a single tank. With the might of one hundred people they pushed against the tank from one side trying to flip it over. For now their efforts seemed to be in vein because the tank itself was so heavy but this wouldn’t be a problem for very long. With almost no effort Sue created more clones of herself and continued to push. The Dolorians inside could feel what was happening but they couldn’t see what was pushing them. Each of her clones had their own copy of the VSC so they were completely cloaked from sight and any scanners that the tanks had installed. Unlike the fighter jets these tanks had not been equipped with the latest scanning technology so they couldn’t see any of the agents besides Jessica who was still uncloaked.

  With one last mighty push the force of around one hundred and fifty Sues finally got the job done when they finally toppled over the tank. It flipped right onto its top and it was completely crippled, it was unable to move and unable to fire on Jessica. By now three of the ten tanks had been taken out meaning that there were still seven more to go.

  Even though Jessica was mainly dodging the shells of the tanks she did take the opportunity to attack. One tank had gotten too close to her and she picked it up with some effort. The tank was around a foot long in her proportion but she used her strength to rip the top off it, she then turned it upside down and allowed the Dolorian soldiers inside to fall onto her hand. They all looked up in fear as they thought she was going to kill her but she had no intention of doing that. Now that their tank had been more or less destroyed they were no longer a threat to her and the last thing she wanted was to kill anyone. Throughout her time as a giantess she had never killed anyone but once she had caused someone serious injury but there had been a very good reason for it.

  Instead of killing them Jessica simply placed the Dolorian soldiers on the ground and she watched as they ran away from her. She could hear them somewhat screaming in terror even though they didn’t have anything to fear. They didn’t truly realise that Jessica was a gentle giantess.

  As the skirmish continued the remaining tanks realised that there was at work here instead of just one giant woman escaping from their complex. They realised that there were other agents here besides her even though they couldn’t see them. As the minutes were going by more and more tanks were being incapacitated. Before they knew it out of the ten tanks that had started out only three of them remained. Jessica herself had taken out a couple and the rest had been dealt with by the other agents. Normally the tank commanders would have decided to retreat by now but their orders meant that they couldn’t. If any of them had willingly retreated they would be terminated.

  After several more minutes the battle was finally over, Agent Barnes dealt with the last tank and there didn’t seem to be any reinforcements. They didn’t want to hang around to find out so Jessica picked up the agents and Agent Barnes directed her towards where Tucker and the original Sue were waiting for them. The other Sue clones had all disappeared after the fighting had finished bar one. Agent Carpenter was still recovering from extending her abilities and she was too weak to walk under her own strength. Agent Rogers was also tired after all the teleporting he had been doing but it was nothing a good rest would fix.

  Although the rendezvous point was a couple of miles away for someone of Jessica’s stature the walk wasn’t very long. She had been concerned with the welfare of her fellow agents but they seemed to be uninjured. All that was wrong was that they were fatigued and that wasn’t much of a problem. Jessica herself was still bruised from her capture but already they had begun to heal.

  A side effect of Jessica’s immense size was that her metabolism was different. Although she ate normally for someone of her size she healed much faster than any normal person. If she were to break a bone where for most people it would take weeks to heal to her it would only take a few days. Once she broke her wrist during a training exercise and under normal circumstances she would have taken six weeks to heal, instead Jessica fully recovered in the space of three days. This also allowed her to be immune from most diseases, her white blood cells were so large that they could handle practically any infection no matter how deadly. There were still a few things that could kill her but anything that could kill a normal person to her would be a minor inconvenience.  

  It only took Jessica a few minutes to reach where Tucker and Sue were waiting for her. She was happy to see that Tucker seemed to be safe but she noticed something that send shivers down her spine. He seemed to be unconscious and Sue was still giving him some first aid. She quickly got down onto her knees and placed the agents on the ground. Agent Barnes supported Agent Carpenter since she was still too weak to support herself. Jessica took a closer look at Tucker and saw that her fears were true. He seemed to be unconscious and this sent her anxiety into overdrive.

  “TUCKER!” she said in a very loud voice that almost deafened the other agents. For the moment she forgot just how loud her voice could be. She looked at Sue who was down at his side. “What’s wrong with him?”

  “He’s been exposed to a mind probe by the Dolorians and according to Agent Rogers a particularly powerful one,” replied Sue. As soon as her clone was in her vicinity it was absorbed by the original Sue. “I need to get him to the medi-lab as soon as possible so we can see if there are any life threatening injuries.”

  Those words struck Jessica like a knife going through her heart. She didn’t want Tucker to die and she felt like she had failed him. He had been under her protection and she felt that everything that had happened to him was her fault. But she knew that when he got to the medi-lab back on Home he would receive the best medical care in the entire galaxy. Her only concern now was to get Tucker to the medi-lab as soon as possible.

  Back in the complex Captain Uganda had seen that the tanks had all be defeated. What he thought was impossible had come to pass and he was at a complete loss for words. His aides began to ask him what his next command was but he only responded in silence. Instead of giving some kind of order he simply walked into his office and sat down on a chair near a desk. He slowly took out a handgun from one of the drawers of his desk, he then slowly rose it to his temple and pulled the trigger.

  Tucker’s eyes slowly flickered open and the first thing he felt was that his head pounding. He began to look around and saw that he was in some kind of hospital room. There was a window near the bed and when he looked out of it he could see many scientists and agents walking around going by their business. It only took him a moment to realise that he was back on Home and inside the medi-lab. He had seen a few of these rooms while he was here going through his medical tests. The memories of what had happened on Doloria came flooding back and the first thing he could think about was Jessica.

  Only a couple of minutes after waking up he saw a nurse enter his room and she was surprised to see that he was awake. She quickly went over to him and he looked at her with some confusion. This nurse thankfully looked human so at least he felt that there was something more familiar.

  “Mr Martel you’re awake,” said the Nurse in what to him was an eastern European accent.

  “W-who are you?” replied Tucker with some confusion

  “My name is Nurse Samsonova. You were the victim of a mind probe but you seem to be recovering nicely.”

  “W-where is Jessica?”

  “Agent Snape? She’s just at an investigation hearing, she’ll visit you during visiting hours but until then I suggest you get some rest. You’ve been through a very traumatic experience and Doctor Summers really doesn’t want you to exert yourself.”

  Nurse Samsonova did a couple of checks on Tucker before leaving the room. He lay down on the bed and began to think about everything that had happened. He thought he was lucky to be alive and he was happy to hear that Jessica had gotten through with her life as well. He didn’t know exactly how long he would have to wait but the only thing that really bothered him was that there seemed to be nothing he could do to occupy himself.

  Tucker had to wait for a further two hours before he saw a familiar face at window. Jessica wasn’t wearing her uniform and instead wore an outfit that someone would wear if they were going to a gym. She was a little sweaty indicating that she had been working out but it didn’t hide her huge smile. She was extremely happy to see that Tucker was awake and he couldn’t help but smile back at her. All his worries simply melted away when he saw her oversized face. The window was unlocked so Jessica was able to gently pull it open from her side so that she could properly communicate with him.

  “Jessica I’m so glad you’re alright,” said Tucker as she sat up in his bed. “I thought I’d never see you again.”

  “Don’t worry Tucker,” smiled Jessica. “It’ll take more than a few overgrown lizards to keep me down. I’m just glad to see that you’re alright; I feared that you’d be brain damaged from the probe but Doctor Summers says that there should be no lasting injuries. They’re going to keep you here for another day and they’ll hopefully discharge you in the morning.”

  Tucker was glad to hear this but he still didn’t want Jessica to leave him. “So what’s this investigation I’ve heard about?”

  “Oh it’s nothing to worry about. The company just wanted to know exactly what happened during our mission. I think they see that it wasn’t our fault but it may take a little bit of convincing. Agent Barnes is testifying in our favour.”

  “What that prick is actually defending us?” He didn’t expect to hear that and it almost seemed that it was too fantastic to be true.

  “I wouldn’t call him that. He risked his own life to save us and I think it’s best that you thank him when you see him next.” Her words had been very stern and Tucker immediately got the point. “Now we have an hour before I have to go back to my physical training so is there anything you want to talk about?”

  “Well there is one thing I’ve been wondering.” He was thinking about the right words to say. “Everyone here is so used to seeing you, if you were on Earth you’d be cut open and dissected like frog. I’m just wondering why are you so big anyway.”

“Once upon a time I was a perfectly normal girl but before I go any further let me ask you. How old do you think I am?”

  “Is that a trick question?”

  “Maybe.”

  “Well.” He took a good long look at her and he thought that she looked like she was in her early to mid-twenties. He knew that she couldn’t be any older than that. “I’d say you’re twenty two.”

  “You’re close.” Once again she began to giggle. “But you’re way off. I do have the body of a twenty two year old but in reality I’m two hundred and eighteen years old.”

  “What the fuck?” This had caught him completely by surprise. “You’re over two hundred years old?”

  “Yep my body ages at two percent in comparison to a normal person. It takes me fifty years to age twelve months.”

  “But how?”

  “Well it all started two hundred years ago….”