- Text Size +

 Tucker had no idea what was happening but he feared the worst. If Jessica had truly shrank down to normal size it meant that he was stuck on her drawers and she was thus stuck on her own bed. He thought that it was impossible for her to suddenly shrink but it was also impossible that she was that size to begin with. It was a scientific impossibility for someone of her size to live without them being crushed by her own body weight but she was proof that it wasn’t the case. He began to panic and he looked down at her and did the only thing he could think of.


 “JESSICA!” shouted Tucker at the top of his lungs. He had shouted so loud that he was out of breath after just one shout but his efforts weren’t in vain. He watched as she stirred and her eyes slowly opened.


 To Tuckers amazement as soon as she was awake her body began to grow rapidly. He stood there a mere spectator as Jessica grew larger and larger before his very eyes. She was in a daze but he watched as she rose up and up and up. He had only seen a person grow like that in films but it had never happened right in front of him and he couldn’t help but marvel at the sight in front of him.


 “Fuck me,” said Tucker quietly to himself.


 It only took seconds for Jessica to grow back to her normal size and she looked at Tucker in some confusion. She had been woken out of a dream and reality hadn’t quite set in so she was still half asleep. This only lasted for a few moments before her memories returned and she gave out a huge yawn.


 “W-what is it Tucker?” asked Jessica still half asleep. “Is there something wrong?”


 “Y-you were small and t-then you grew,” stuttered Tucker not quite grasping what he had just seen. “What the hell happened?”


 “Oh I’m sorry I forgot to tell you.” She was a little more awake now and her words were no longer dragging. “When I fall asleep my body shrinks down to a more appropriate size. I should have told you but with everything that has happened over the last couple of days I completely forgot.” 


 “I wasn’t expecting that. I’m sorry I woke you up.”


 “That’s alright Tucker just don’t make a habit of it.” She yawned once again and her eyes felt heavy. “Let’s get back to bed we’re gonna have another busy day tomorrow.”


 Tucker had to admit that he was still very tired; unlike Jessica he hadn’t fallen asleep so he had been up for around eighteen hours. He watched as Jessica got back into her own bed and he did the same. He lay there for a few minutes before looking over from his bed, normally he would be able to see Jessica but the fact that he couldn’t meant that she had fallen asleep and shrank again. Fortunately this time he didn’t need to wait long to fall asleep himself. He was still excited to go to an alien planet but he was too tired to stay awake and the world around him went black.


 The next morning Tucker was still sound asleep but he began to feel like someone was pushing him gently. He tried to roll over and continue sleeping but the pushing persisted and he slowly opened his eyes, his vision was hazy at first but when it returned he saw a huge finger poking him. When he looked up he saw Jessica looming over him wearing her white uniform. He had never seen her wear it before and he sat up in his bed, as soon as he was upright Jessica lowered her hand back down her side and smiled at him.


 “Good morning Tucker,” said Jessica in a cheerful voice. “Has anyone ever told you that you’re absolutely adorable when you’re asleep? I was just gonna stand here and watch you sleep but unfortunately I don’t want to be late for work.”
 “Just five more minutes please,” groaned Tucker as he fell back into his bed. “I was dreaming that I was winning the World Cup.”


 “Maybe next time little man but now it’s time to wake up.” She effortlessly removed his quilt which to her was the size of a small handkerchief.  “Come on lazy bones time to get rinsed and shined, breakfast will be ready in fifteen minutes and if you’re not ready by then you’re going hungry.” She would never let Tucker go hungry, she just wanted to use it as a motivation for him to get out of bed and get ready.


 Tucker felt cold now that Jessica had removed his quilt and he slowly got out of bed. She leaned over her drawer waiting for him to fully get out of bed so that she could take him to the bathroom. She had been up for some time and had already gotten ready for the day. Unlike the previous day she didn’t tie her hair back and let it flow down her shoulders. She was going to have it styled in a couple of days and she hadn’t decided whether to have it straight or curled.
 When Tucker did eventually get out of the bed Jessica didn’t waste any time in picking him up and taking him to the bathroom. He felt very warm after his long sleep but he still felt very cold, her hand was warm however and it did make him feel better. He felt very comfortable sitting on her soft skin, it reminded him of a comfy chair he had when he was married to his wife and living in an actual house. Those days were long gone however and his life had gone downhill from then but his time with Jessica was turning his life around.


 After Tucker had gotten himself washed and changed into another outfit that Jessica gave him they sat down and had breakfast with each other. This morning’s breakfast was a cold one rather than a warm but it was meant to be like that. He ate food that he thought was impossible, this was because they were both extremely tasty and healthy. He was having to stick with the diet that Jessica ate, since she was so an agent of the company she had to be healthy and fit at all times. Failure to maintain her body would result in an early death and a loss of her job.


  Close to an hour later Jessica and Tucker were at the company and they were preparing for the next mission. Tucker was still excited that he might actually see an alien even though Jessica said that they wouldn’t be interacting with the locals. She explained how once they had met an alien race some years ago and gave them technology to improve their lives. Unfortunately the aliens used that technology to destroy each other so from then on contact with another species was strictly forbidden.


 Although Tucker and Jessica were ready for the mission the equipment needed to take them to such a place wasn’t quite ready yet. The pair were forced to wait as the scientists prepared the vortex generator to transport them off-world, because Jessica was so large it took longer to calibrate for her enormous mass. It would only take a few minutes but it was still enough time for Tucker to ask his new friend a few questions about the company.


 “Jessica there’s something I’m just wondering,” said Tucker timidly. He was sitting on her shoulder and Jessica was sitting down on the ground by the vortex generator. There were many other scientists and agents around them going along their work and she waved to a couple of them. “What exactly does the company do? I know they send people to different planets but I was just wondering what the point was.”

 

 “We don’t do it just for the fun of it,” replied Jessica. “We travel to these distant planets because we genuinely care about life no matter how small it is. Our agents make sure that everything on a planet is going smoothly, if there is any event that could harm or possibly destroy a planet we take the necessary steps to prevent such events. A few times a planet has been on the verge of destruction and all its living inhabitants would be killed immediately. Heck if it wasn’t for us your planet would have been destroyed a few centuries ago.”


 “What the Earth was actually going to be destroyed?” The sudden revelation left him speechless, never had he imagined that the world could have been destroyed let alone that it almost happened. “H-how?”


 “The core of the planet was starting to become unstable so we had to stabilize it or else it would have exploded in time. Your people didn’t feel any effect because it was too early to really cause any problems but it is always better to tackle a problem when it is small and not let grow into a big problem.”


 “That’s amazing.” He paused for a moment as he began to regain his composure. “So have you saved any planets?”


 “One or two yeah but it was nothing really, any of the agents could have done it I was just the one who happened to be there.”


 “I can’t believe I’m saying it but you shouldn’t sell yourself short. You’ve actually saved billions of lives and you’re acting like it wasn’t a big deal. In any language or culture saving billions is something to be proud of.”


 “Thanks little man that means a lot to me.” She gave him a little kiss even though he was still on her shoulder. He wasn’t wrapped in her hair so she could move her head more freely without fear of pulling him off her shoulder.


 Tucker felt good after the kiss, it made him feel warm inside and watching her smile was all he needed to feel good about life. Jessica had made him feel very happy in the last couple of days he thought that it was nice that he also brightened her day up. For too long he had been lonely after his divorce but now things were definitely changing for the better. He wanted to cherish every moment he had on Home and he was feeling somewhat reluctant to go back to Earth. Although there were several things on Earth he missed Home seemed to be a grander version of Earth. Everything here was more advanced and more civilized. If someone like Jessica was walking around on Earth she would be have been captured and experimented upon but here she was treated like any normal person. The fact that she was a giantess didn’t seem to bother anyone.
 “One last thing I’m wondering how exactly you got so big,” said Tucker. “I’m no scientist but even I know that someone can’t just grow big and walk around like you do. No offence but how come you’re not dead.”


 Jessica didn’t like the way he had just asked her that question but she knew that he didn’t mean to offend her. He was genuinely curious with her size and she would tell him everything he wanted to know but when she was going to give him her answer Gloria walked up to her. Gloria had been one of the scientists who were working on the vortex generator and she seemed to have a smile on her face.


 “Ok Agent Snape everything is ready to go,” said Gloria. Almost immediately Carter walked up behind her with a clipboard. “I’ll allow Doctor Hurt to explain your mission objectives.”


 “My apologies for the delay Agent Snape but there were a couple of things we needed to sort out before you and Mr Martel could travel to UW92524,” said Carter as he slowly approached Jessica’s oversized foot. “This is a routine mission, test the planet’s atmosphere and core and then bring up anything that you find abnormal. If possible we’d like you to stay there for a few hours so that we can get a more detailed report. Recently air toxicity has been spiking on occasion and we would like to know whether any steps need to be taken to prevent a wide scale mass extinction.”


 “Yes sir,” replied Jessica saluting Carter in a comical gesture. She wasn’t mocking him but just having a laugh and in turn Carter and Gloria smiled back at her.


 “Very funny Agent Snape and when you return we need to talk about the cadets. A few of them have been waiting to see you for some time and I know how you hate to disappoint them.”


 “Of course I’ll see them. They’re the future of the company and they still have a lot to learn.” She slowly rose to her feet and stretched her arms after reaching her full height. A normal person would have marvelled at her but Gloria and Carter had seen Jessica at her full height so many times that it didn’t seem to anything special. 


 Jessica stepped over to the vortex generator and waited for Gloria and Carter to start the machine up. Although Jessica had a high I.Q she wasn’t small enough or smart enough to operate the generator, only a few people on the planet could do it and they all had I.Qs much greater than the average person. If the controls were operated wrong an agent could be transported into the empty void of space but there were several countermeasures installed to prevent such an event. The worse that ever happened to Jessica was that she was sent a couple of miles away from the target landing zone but other than that most of the other jumps had been flawless.


 Tucker was less nervous this time around when he heard the vortex generator fire up. The last jump had gone well so his fear was starting to subside, also because Jessica was travelling with him his confidence was growing. He was also excited to see what this new world looked like, he wondered if it was something that would be completely unrecognisable to him or would it look similar to Earth. He would have liked to do what he did on the last mission but he thought that Jessica wouldn’t appreciate him doing it every mission. It was one of those things that was funny if performed every once in a while but if it was done on a regular basis it would be stale.


 Once again Tucker felt the sensation as he and Jessica were pulled through the vortex. He felt like he was on a theme park ride but this time it didn’t feel so fast or violent, he figured that his body was getting more used to the trips so the experience wasn’t so traumatic. It was still beautiful to watch all the bright lights flash right past him but he still grabbed a hold of her hair just in case he fell off.


 Mere seconds after the jump started Jessica and Tucker landed on the other side of the vortex. Tucker could see what he thought was a desolate wasteland; it reminded him of a red desert because all he could see was sand for mile all around them. He thought that they had gone to the wrong planet because he thought that nothing could possible live in a place like this. He also noticed that this planet had a yellow sun just like Earth and it was shining down on both of them yet he didn’t feel like he was overheating. He looked at Jessica and saw that she wasn’t even seating.


 “We’re in a desert and I’m not even feeling hot,” said Tucker. “You don’t have the power to make it cold do you?”


 “No silly,” giggled Jessica as she turned her attentions to Tucker. She then lifted her arms in front of herself and tapped on the VSC device on her wrist. “Not only does this thing keep us cloaked it also regulates our body temperatures, like now we’re in a desert yet we’re still feeling cool and if we were in the middle of a glacier we would still be warm. The only thing it doesn’t give us is an oxygen supply, for that we’d actually need an external source. As long as you stay in contact with me the VSC will also keep your body at a more stable temperature.”


 “One last thing Jessica.” He began to look around hoping to see some kind of life but there was only miles and miles of desert as far as the eye could see. “You say that this planet has life but how can anything live out here. There’s nout out here but sand, more sand and guess what even more bloody sand.”


 “Language please Tucker.” She paused for a moment so that she could think about the next thing she was going to say. “This desert doesn’t spread across the entire planet; it only makes up a small part of the globe along with many other terrains. The reason why we’re here is so that we have less chance of coming into contact with the Dolorians, the company believes that it’s much safer for both agents and the locals to not interact. Also because the Dolorians don’t have the nicest reputation in the galaxy so it’s for the best that we avoid them entirely. If we go to a planet where the inhabitants are a little more civilized I may take you for a closer look.”


 “Oh I‘m gutted now.” He gave out a small sigh of disappointment. “I was really looking forward to seeing aliens.”


“Well when we finish the mission why don’t I show you something that’ll cheer you up.” She gave him a smile and if he had a truly dirty mind he could imagine what she was implying but he knew that it was most likely something innocent. “Let’s get to work anyway, I have a lot to do before we can even think about going back to Home.”


 Meanwhile in a location some miles away from where Jessica and Tucker had landed a strange humanoid like creature was watching them on a computer screen. The image wasn’t like a surveillance camera but instead only had the outline of the pair. The creature was close to seven feet tall and was covered with thick green scales, its face was flat and reptilian and on its hands instead of having fingernails it had long sharp claws. Its teeth were sharp although in the back of its mouth it had back teeth much like a mammal although it was clearly a reptile.


 This wasn’t the only creature in its general location, around it there were several others of its kind and all around it was technology more advanced than anything on Earth. It wasn’t quite as advanced as the technology on Home but it was still technology that would amaze any normal person. These creatures were the inhabitants of the planet and they were indeed the Dolorians.


 The Dolorian turned towards one of the other Dolorians and signalled him over. It walked closer to the screen and at first it didn’t know what it was seeing. It couldn’t tell whether what he was seeing was an actual person or just something that the scans had randomly picked up. It didn’t look like anything that it had ever seen before and its curiosity was beginning to get the better of it.


 The Dolorian who was already at the screen was wearing a silver pair of bottoms and a leather strap over its chest, the other one wore black bottoms and three slash scars on the left part of its chest. The scars weren’t an injury but badge of hierarchy, this Dolorian was at a higher rank than the other one. In a standard human army it would be considered a captain and the rank was practically the same in this one.


 “Captain I’ve picked up something in the sector five of the Creed Desert,” said the lower Dolorian. It pointed to the screen at where the detections of Tucker and Jessica were being displayed.


 “So they’re back,” replied the Captain. “Right on schedule.”


 “This time is different captain, the scans are picking up two life forms and one of them is much, much bigger than any of the others who have come before.”


 “How big are we talking Private?”


 “All the previous visitors that have come here have mostly been slightly smaller than us, a couple of them about our size. This one is different however; this visitor is so large that even our tallest soldier would only reach its ankle.”


 “By the Gods.” What the Private had told him had completely taken him by surprise. The image he was seeing on the screen didn’t give much of a scale but as he looked closer towards the screen he could see just how large Jessica was. He also spotted the second life form reading on her shoulder and he figured that this was the second visitor the Private had mentioned. “Are there any fighters in the area?”


 “We have an entire squadron on a training mission a few miles away. Would you like me to divert them?”


 “Yes Private I want you to open communications to the fighters immediately. I want to give them their objectives personally.”


 “As you wish sir.”


 The Captain stepped onto a metal platform and the Private went to a computer console and began to type away. A few of the other Dolorians had overheard what was happening and they began to prepare for what was about to happen. The platform around the Captain began to light up and a hologram was instantly transmitted to the fighters that were the closest to Jessica and Tucker’s location. They were around a dozen fighters already in the air and fully armed. The pilots had not expected to see the hologram of the Captain and they didn’t know what he wanted, so far everything on their training mission had gone well so they knew that this was completely different.


 “Survivor Squad this is Captain Uganda I.D number 4812735,” said the Captain. “The visitors have returned and by order of the High Council of Doloria they must be subdued and captured immediately. Set all weapons to stun and under any circumstance you cannot kill the visitors. If any are killed the soldier responsible will be terminated immediately. Be warned one of the visitors is much larger than any creature we’ve ever encountered but with your weaponry and training it won’t be that much of a problem. The visitors are located in sector five of the Creed Desert, use your newly installed scanners since the targets are cloaked and therefore invisible to the naked eye. You have your mission soldiers, may the Gods smile down upon you.”


 The fighter jets instantly changed course and made their way towards the Creed desert. They had their mission and had been preparing for this moment for some time. The coming and goings of the agents had not gone unnoticed on Doloria although only those in the council and military actually knew about them. The general Dolorians had no idea that these agents even existed but now things were coming to ahead and there would be consequences no matter what happened.


 Jessica and Tucker were completely oblivious to the impending danger and they just carried on with the mission. Jessica was using her VSC to perform the necessary tests and Tucker sat on her shoulder. He was a little bored because Jessica was working and there was nothing around him but endless desert. He still thought that it was amazing that he was cool in the middle of the desert; he had been to North Africa and remembered how hot it was there. This place had a similar environment and he just sat on her shoulder as if he was on a nice relaxing holiday.


 Suddenly Tucker began to hear what seemed to be the roar of jet engines. He looked around and he could see a dozen fighter jets coming towards them from his right. He began to get nervous but Jessica wasn’t fazed by them, she just carried on with the scans as if nothing was happening. Eventually Tucker had to give her hair a small tug so that he could get her attention.


 “Jessica something’s coming this way,” said Tucker with concern. He expected to see Jessica worried but instead she turned and smile at him.


 “Don’t worry little man as long as we have the VSC they won’t see us,” replied Jessica in a reassuring voice. “Just watch they’ll fly over in a minute.”


 Meanwhile in the cockpit of the one man fighter leading the squad the scans on his computer picked up Jessica’s presence. He noticed that Jessica didn’t seem to be worried and he just hoped that she was being ignorant rather than the fact that she was aware of what was happening. He pressed a button on his controls that allowed him to communicate with the other fighters but unlike when Captain Uganda contacted the squad only the voice of the pilot would be transmitted rather than the holographic image.


 “Target has been located,” said the Pilot. “Survivor six drop the EMP bomb and then everyone engage the target. Set all weapons to stun, you heard Captain Uganda we need the aliens alive.”


 Although the squad couldn’t see Jessica or Tucker their scans had picked up her bio energy and so it would not take long for them to reach their position. Survivor Six flew out ahead of the other fighters and made its way closer to Jessica and Tucker. It was around three hundred feet off the ground so it was out of Jessica’s reach, although she could hear them coming she still thought that they hadn’t been detected.


 Moments later Survivor Six dropped the EMP bomb and it landed a couple of hundred feet away from where Jessica was standing. She did notice that something had been dropped and for the first time she began to suspect that something was very wrong. It took a second for the bomb to detonate but instead of an explosion an EMP wave shot out from the bomb. Instead of moving too far upwards the wave stayed relatively low only reaching two hundred feet above the ground. Once again the fighter was out of range of the EMP wave but unfortunately this wasn’t the case for Jessica. The wave struck her so fast that it took her several seconds to realise what was happening. She heard her VSC begin to power down and it finally dawned on her what was happening and for the first time in many years she genuinely felt scared.


 “Oh no,” cried Jessica as she tried to press several buttons on her VSC but it wasn’t responding. She even pressed the button that activated the vortex but nothing happened. “Come on work darn it.”


 “What’s happening?” replied Tucker with fear. He could see that Jessica was scared and he knew that it was bad news. Anything that could scare a 120+ foot giantess was definitely something to be worried about.


 “That EMP blast took out the VSC.” She continued to push the buttons but the VSC still wasn’t responding.


 “What does that mean?” He already knew the answer but he still asked it without thinking. His mind was racing at a thousand miles an hour.


 “It means we can’t go back to Home and worse still the cloaking systems have been disabled. The Dolorians can see us.”