- Text Size +

Jessica edged towards the doorframe from the inside of the apartment. She had already placed the suitcases inside and had also placed Tucker on a table where he had an excellent view of her. She made sure that she was barefoot and with each step her heartbeat increased while she approached the door frame. Rather than walking through it she stopped when she actually reached the door frame and measured where her head came to it. Much to her horror that even when she was barefoot her head would still strike the doorframe. Her forehead came up to a couple of feet above the clearance of the doorway and this caused her great concern. When she had been wearing four to five foot high heels which to her were only a few inches she would have to duck. But she never had to duck when she was wearing flats or barefoot.

Tucker was watching from where he was sitting and he had come to the same conclusion as her. Jessica was definitely taller than she was when she had left for Planet Paradise and he was almost lost for words. He didn't remember her mentioning if she was still growing or not but from the sounds of her origin story that she had told him he found that to be very unlikely.

Jessica's height had increased by about four feet, it was not enough for her to really notice the difference but with the fact that she had struck the doorframe was the first indication that she was indeed taller. She backed away from the doorframe with fear and she didn't know exactly what was happening or even how it was happening. She had once grown to ridiculously proportions when she went on a recently discovered planet but that had been many years ago and the effects of the trip had long since subsided.

"I-I don't believe it," said Jessica in some amount of denial over the whole situation. "I can't be taller, I haven't grown in centuries."

"Maybe it's the whole taller in the morning then you are at night. You know how you're taller when you wake up and over the day gravity compresses on your spine and you become shorter." He knew that it was a feeble theory but he wanted to try anything to try and rationalise what was happening.

"No Tucker that's not the case." She looked down at him and he could see the fear in her face. "I've walked through this door so many times over the decades that I've lost count at all times of the day and not once have I struck my head on the doorframe while wearing flats." She took a look at her hands and she could see them trembling in fear. She had been terrified when she first grew that she was going to keep growing but since she hadn't grown for so long and several scientists had told her that all of her growth had subsided did she finally accept that she would stay at this height. But the thought of her growing again absolutely terrified her. She had once been so taller that she was beginning to struggle due to lack of oxygen and the prospect of that happening again brought great fear to this otherwise brave giantess. It was an experience that she didn't want to repeat. "What if I just keep growing until I harm those that I care about? Watching the world shrink around me more and more with each passing day until everyone is so small to me that I can't even see them?"

"Jessica calm down, you're panicking."

"Of course I'm panicking." Her voice was snappy and this caught Tucker by surprise. He had never heard her like this and he truly realised just how scared his colossal lover was. "How would you feel if you thought that you might continue to grow and grow until just taking a breath can cause a disaster? I could hurt people simply by making a basic movement and if I was just to take a step in an ocean I could cause tidal waves like none other seen on Home."

"You know that is a worst case scenario Jessica. So you've grown an extra couple of feet no one is going to notice the difference."

"But what if I keep growing?" Her voice was beginning to become more stern and angry. It was a tone that had Tucker somewhat worried and he hoped that he hadn't made the normally placid giantess angry. "I don't want to grow any bigger I'm already dangerous if I'm not careful and if I grow too big even I can't stop myself from causing destruction and terrifying everyone. You wouldn't understand having to live with being a giant every waking minute. I had gotten over the fact that I was going to be big for the rest of my life and now that I'm growing again it feels like when I got my powers for the first time. I was scared and I thought that people would think that I was some kind of monster. I-I."

Jessica couldn't get any more words out before she felt her body become weak and she fell to the ground. The impact of her falling did break a couple of bones in her wrist and she cried out in pain. Tucker wanted to go down to her and try and help her but he couldn't climb down the table and get down to her. He was panicking and thought that Jessica was in serious harm and he tried to call out for help. But there was a procedure for this, on Jessica's VSC there was an emergency button that could be pressed and the company would realise that an agent was in trouble. Luckily with everything that had been happening she had forgotten to take it off and she was weakly able to press the button and sound the alarm.

Roughly an hour later Jessica was situated in a specially constructed medi-lab. It was not the first time that she had required medical attention like this so the facilities were there for her. But Jessica herself wasn't asleep or unconscious so she remained at full size in the bed but what was worse for her was that she was in constant pain. This was not due to her fractured wrist but her body in general was in pain and she was screaming out constantly.

The scientists had attempted to give Jessica a range of painkillers that unlike the ones on earth actually worked and didn't have the tendency to make a person addicted to it. But unfortunately Jessica's body would purge the drug before it had any time to come into effect and the pain would continue. They didn't want to give her too much since even she could die of an overdose.

Tucker was standing behind a screen while a team of doctors were working on Jessica. Many of them were very concerned about her since they had never seen her in this kind of state before. They also wanted to find out what was the cause of her sudden illness and if it was contagious. The doctors were all wearing isolation suits so that they couldn't catch whatever Jessica was experiencing. They didn't know whether she had some kind of disease or if the Jones serum within her was breaking her down from the inside. They had also disinfected Tucker as soon as Jessica came in and he was as clean as could be hoped and there was no hint of infection.

Even through the thickness of the screen in front of him he could still hear her cries of pain and something deep down made him feel that he was somehow responsible for what was happening to her. He did fear that he had infected her with some kind of Earth disease but he didn't know that her immune system had been boosted to protect her from almost any disease known to the people of Home. This was not just limited to her but practically everyone else had it as well and the diseases included all the ones that were found on Earth. What the scientists feared was that this was a new disease that had gotten past her immune system and was killing her.

Tucker could feel Jessica's pain and he was lost in his own world that he didn't see Doctor Summers approach him. It caught him by surprise when he saw the doctor standing right next to him and he also looked on at Jessica who was still crying out in pain while a team of doctors were around her trying to find out what was causing her discomfort. Doctor Summers was also extremely concerned and feared that something was gravely wrong with his giant size friend. He remembered when he was a young doctor and had just joined the company. He had been nervous when he first met her but her kindness had melted away his nervousness and it had helped him settle into the job better. But now that he was seeing her like this he feared that whatever was happening to her was going to be fatal.

Already Doctor Summers had seen that her heart rate was much higher than was healthy and that she was in so much pain that she wasn't being coherent. When she was speaking between the cries of pain her words didn't seem to make any sense but one thing that she was able to get through was the word Tucker. He wanted to help his gigantic friend as much as he could and thought that maybe her new lover might have some idea just what was causing her to experience this pain.

"Mister Martel I know that this might not be the best time but I need to ask you a few question," said Doctor Summers as he announced his presence to Tucker.

"Another time please," replied Tucker not even looking at Doctor Summers. His gaze was fixated on Jessica who was still crying out in pain.

"I'm afraid that there might not be another time. Agent Snape could be dying and by answering my questions I might be able to deduce exactly what is causing her pain. I know that this might be very hard for you but you must understand the importance of the situation and I know that you would do much to help Agent Snape."

For a few seconds there was only silence from the man from planet Earth. He was not in the mood to answer questions but he couldn't falter the logic of Doctor Summers. If the information that he gave him could save Jessica then he would give it up in a heartbeat. Seeing her like this gave him a sense of utter helplessness. He would have liked nothing more than to take the pain away from her but he knew that it was impossible. Only by answering Doctor Summer's questions could he have a hope of helping her.

"Ok Doc I'll answer your question," said Tucker with some reluctance. He knew the importance of answering the questions so he would have to put his reluctance aside and do what was needed to be done.

Minutes later Tucker was taken to a private room so that he and Doctor Summers could talk without having to worry about anyone listening in. A recording device had been placed so that the conversation could be recorded but if things went their way it would only be Doctor Summers himself who would be hearing them. But now it was time for them to get down to business, every second counted and if the information that he obtained from Tucker could make any difference it could make the world of difference.

"Ok Mr Martel I need you to answer these questions for me and I strongly recommend that you tell me the truth," said Doctor Summers. He wasn't normally this stern but with a life at stake he knew what was at stake here. "Any lie could do more harm than good at this moment in time."

"Ok Doc I understand," replied Tucker who was sitting down on an extremely comfy sofa. Ask away."

"Very well, did anything unusual happen during your vacation with Agent Snape?" He was making sure that the recorder was on so that every word that was been spoken was being documented.

"Not really, if anything it was like a normal holiday. We went out and saw the sights and that was about it really. She did enter a beauty pageant but there was nothing really to that. It wasn't until we got back that she began to become unwell."

"What was the first sign that anything was amiss?" He was beginning to become intrigued and wanted to know as much as he possibly could. Any bit of information that he attained could be the difference between life and death.

"Well it was when she walked through her apartment door right after we got back and she bumped her head on it. At first I thought that she was just wearing heels but she was wearing flip flops. We both found out that she was growing taller."

"Wait I have to stop you there for a moment." He couldn't believe what he was hearing. It had never crossed his mind that this sudden sickness that Jessica was experiencing was in fact her undergoing a growth spurt. "Did you say that Agent Snape had a growth spurt?"

"Yes she was slightly taller than her doorframe and she began to panic. But then she suddenly collapsed and that's when she pushed that emergency button or whatever the hell it is."

"Hmm very interesting." Everything that Jessica was experiencing seemed to make sense to him now. The pain that she was experiencing was her body stretching itself and although the process had been slow while she was on Planet Paradise when she returned to Home it had suddenly picked up in speed and thus was causing her all of this discomfort. He didn't think there was any real reason to why it had suddenly sped up, it was purely a coincidence but what he wanted to know was what had caused the growth spurt in the first place. He had examined Jessica many times over his years with the company and her height had never increased at all. It was something that he still wanted to find the answer to. "During your trip was Agent Snape exposed to anything that she has never been exposed to before?"

"No not really." He smiled a little as he thought of a joke but he decided not to make it since he thought that it would be in bad taste.

"Why did you smile there Mister Martel?" It had not been lost on Doctor Summers that Tucker had just smiled.

"Oh its nothing. I was just thinking about an immature joke."

"About what exactly?" Although this was something that he wouldn't normally ask but he felt that it could somehow answer his question. But he wasn't sure whether Tucker would actually answer it because he didn't think it was all that important.

"Well it's stupid really. But do I really have to answer this?"

"Yes please Mister Martel. It is not that I want to know whether it is funny or not but whether it could hold any vital information."

"Well when you asked me if Jessica had been exposed to anything, I did think about saying me but I thought that it wouldn't be very funny."

"What do you mean by that joke? Did you and Agent Snape undertake something?"

"Well we did have sex for the first time with each other while we were at her villa. We had sex for the last four nights in a row but I don't see how that can be important."

"What you've told me might be the key to what is happening to Agent Snape. I will need to run a couple of tests but I think I might have realised what's going on. But this still highly unusual situation that we have found ourselves in."

Over the next few hours Doctor Summers shared his findings with the other doctors and they realised that what Jessica was experiencing wasn't a reaction to a disease but the fact that she was undergoing a growth spurt. With special tools they were measuring both her height and her weight and as was to be expected both were rising at a steady rate. Unfortunately for Jessica there was nothing that they could do to stop this growth.

On Home there were anti-growth drugs available but none of them would have any effect on Jessica. They dealt with hormonal causes when her growth consisted both of the Jones serum and the introduction to something new within her system. The doctors were powerless to stop the growth and all they could do was try and make the experience somewhat more bearable for her.

Every hour on the hour they would measure her height and weight and almost like clockwork she would be six inches taller and have gained a small amount of weight. Doctors decided to feed her more painkillers and even though they was a small amount of risk in injecting her with such high doses they did begin to ease the pain for her but she still couldn't sleep.

One thing that the doctors did notice that while her growth spurt was being undertaken the wrist that she had broken a few hours before had completely healed. Under normal circumstances it would have taken her a couple of days to heal over from such a wound but because the structure of her body was being changed it healed in record time for her. Most likely this ability would be lost once the change was complete. Her healing abilities would revert back to their original settings, they might be increased somewhat but not to the level that they were seeing now.

As the hours passed by Tucker remained at the medi-lab looking over Jessica. He was glad to see that they had been able to ease her pain but as he was watching her he did begin to notice that she was filling out her bed more. At first he thought that he was just panicking a little due to the circumstances but as he watched over the hours the change was becoming more and more noticeable. Her feet were beginning to poke out at the end of the bed and as the hours went by her feet continued to grow slightly larger and further away from the bed. Slowly her ankles began to pop out from the bed and eventually her shins began to come through as well.

Her legs were definitely getting longer and the rest of her body was filling out the bed more as her body also lengthened as well. She was getting slightly bigger in proportion but her growth seemed to be more focused on her height rather than her width. But her height was not the only thing that was increasing.

Unknown to Jessica and Tucker her breasts were also slightly increasing her size and by the end of the process they would have gained an additional cup size but that would be as far as they went. But her muscles were another thing that was expanding. Before her body had been lean but now her muscles were growing as well. She could feel the skin beneath her muscles stretch so that they could accommodate them. But she wouldn't look like she was a bodybuilder or someone who took steroids. She had the body of someone who did work out often and also much like that of an Olympic athlete. She was also beginning to form a six pack just in addition to show that her muscles were in fact growing as well.

Throughout the process Doctor Summers had been able to get a few samples from different parts of Jessica's body and using his own hi-tech equipment he began to study the samples. He had recorded samples of Jessica's DNA on file and when he compared them to the samples that he had just drawn from her body the results truly shocked him. There had definitely been a shift in the Jones Serum since her last medical check-up some months ago. It was like the serum that was still coursing through her veins and would continue to until the day that she would eventually die had been strengthened by the introduction of Tucker's human DNA into her system.

It was amazing for Doctor Summers to discover that the introduction of human DNA into the system of an agent actually strengthened their gifts. He could imagine someone like Agent Peter Rogers having his abilities increased so that he could teleport even further than before. To his knowledge Agent Rogers could teleport up to two miles but if he were to be introduced to human DNA most likely that limit would increase to three miles. For some agents like Agent Sue Grimm it would practically have no effect on her since there was practically no limit to her multiplication abilities.

With this knowledge it could make a difference in the Agents that the company used but most likely it would just be kept on file somewhere in a vault. But one thing that he did discover after running some simulations that the change would only happen once after being exposed to Human DNA. So if a person with the Jones serum in their system was exposed to Human DNA for a second time or any time after that it would have no effect on them. Also things like skin contact with a human wouldn't cause the transformation. The DNA had to work its way into their system normally by an injection or in Jessica's case by having sex with a human.

Tucker didn't go to sleep or even leave the viewing room that he was in while Jessica was still undergoing the process. He had not been informed that all this was a result of her growth spurt and instead of going anywhere else to rest he would sleep in one of the chairs located in the room and once or twice he would even look at some of the entertainment products that was available in the room. But despite all attempts to distract his mind his thoughts were still down at Jessica.

The whole process took two days and in that time neither Jessica nor Tucker had actually gone to sleep but now that the process was complete the pain had gone away so she didn't need any more painkillers. She was still tired from the experience but at least with it ending she could at least lie in peace. One additional thing that was allowed was that Tucker was able to go in and see her face to face. While the process was undertaking the doctors felt that it was not safe for Tucker to be besides her. In her state she had been delirious and had lashed out her arms not realising that there were people close to her. Most of the time the doctors had not even gotten very close to her and had used hi-tech equipment to administer her injects and monitor her vitals.

But one thing that was obvious to everyone involved was that Jessica was definitely bigger than she was before. Her feet were dangling out of the end of the bed where before they had easily been inside the bed. Her arms seemed longer and more muscular and almost every part of her body did seem bigger.

One thing that Jessica did want to do was to get out of bed and stretch her legs and this had been discouraged by the doctors who insisted that she needed to rest. The worst of the situation had passed and all Jessica needed to do was get as much rest as she could, her employers had already given her an additional week off of duty so that she could recuperate from the experience. She didn't think that it was entirely necessary but she never said no to paid time off. But she knew that when she was to return to work would also be when she would have to take Tucker back to Earth. A little fact that she had yet to share with him and a small part of her didn't know exactly what she was going to do.

Tucker approached her on a small floating vehicle that the doctors had used to get an elevated view of her. They used anti-gravity technology to fly and although it was only really meant to be used by one person two or three persons could easily fit on the vehicle and still fly safely. There was a bar that he would hold onto so that he didn't fall and the doctor piloting the vehicle took him relatively close to Jessica's face. She had a good view of her lover and she even cracked a smile, they hadn't properly seen each other for two whole days but with everything that had been happening it was like it had been months. Jessica wanted to pick up her tiny lover but she was still too weak to properly move her arms, but given a few hours she might be able get back onto her feet.

"Hey Jessica are you feeling alright now?" asked Tucker with concern in his voice. He was more tired than he realised and even Jessica could see the bags under his eyes and the fact that he was moving slower due to fatigue.

"Yeah I'm fine now," replied Jessica in a weak voice. "But I feel so tired, I guess that all that growing can kinda tire a girl out." She did wiggle her now slightly longer toes as her foot had grown along with her height as was expected. "Why are my feet cold?"

"You're too tall for the bed now Honey." He couldn't believe that he had used the word Honey. It sounded too American for his liking but right now he didn't really care. All that he cared about was that his lover was well and that she would fully recover.

"I must have grown a lot over the last couple of days." She took another quick look at him and could definitely see how fatigued he was. "And it looks like I'm not the only one who has been lacking sleep. Tucker you look terrible, you really need to get some sleep."

"I couldn't sleep while you were in so much pain. I couldn't bear the thought of resting while you were potentially fighting for your life."

"I'm fine now Tucker but if you don't go to sleep soon you might get yourself hurt and until you go to sleep you won't be getting any little surprises from me." She gave him a stern look and he knew that he wouldn't be able to change her mind. When it came to the safety and health of her loved ones Jessica pulled out all the stops.

"Ok Jessica I'll go to bed when I'm done here but I was so worried about you." A tear rolled down his face but he didn't want to admit that he was actually beginning to cry. But he saw Jessica slowly lift up her arm and wipe his tear away with her finger. He didn't notice that her muscles had grown as well although it looked good on her. Her muscles definitely didn't look too large or that she worked out too much. They looked just right and seemed to increase the beauty of her body.

"It's alright Tucker, I'm perfectly fine and I'll be back on my enormously large feet before you know it and we can be a couple again. I know that the last couple of days were tough on the both of us but we're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and soon we can be together again."

This little speech from Jessica was enough for Tucker to smile back at her but she had to lower her arm back down since she was still too tired to keep it up for too long. But even at this stage she was struggling to stay awake and after a few more minutes of talking to one another Tucker had to leave so that Jessica could get the sleep that she desperately needed. Tucker himself was going to go to bed as well but before he left he was allowed to get close enough to her to give her a kiss.

Jessica was sad to see him go but within less than two minutes of him leaving she fell asleep and as expected her body did begin to shrink. But rather than shrinking down to her original six foot eleven she only shrank down to eight foot eight inches tall. If the transformation had happened when she was at this smaller height this would be her smallest height. Her giant size had also gone up accordingly and when she were to stand up next she would find a huge shock coming her way.