- Text Size +

Jessica looked out over the crowd and she could see how many people had been standing there with their eyes fixated on her. She was used to drawing attention to herself wherever she went but now she was hoping that things would actually go smoothly for her and that her act would win over the judges. It was something that she had not actually done for some time and she hoped that she wasn't too rusty.

Slowly she began to ready herself and she looked down at Tucker for the moment and took him for some inspiration. What she was about to undertake was something that she had been learning for some time over the centuries and it was something and she just hoped that she wouldn't fall flat on her face.

"Life can be a really tricky thing but if we are too quick in dealing with our own lives we could miss something important to us.

More than once I have we all have experienced something that we later regret, but it is our character which might take the fall.

There are people in our lives that we truly love and care for, but sometimes you think that to them you're just a fuss.

But when we're really down they're there for you when you need them the most, there're as far away as a simple call.

Jessica carried on with her poetry and she hadn't had time to think of one through so she just used things that were important to her. Her voice was pleasant throughout and she always made sure to keep the same rhyme. Tucker was amazed to hear that despite them talking in different languages and that all their speech had been translated that he could still understand the rhyme. He didn't know whether it truly rhymed in Jessica's native language or if the translator was compensating but either way he had never heard such beautiful words before.

Just by what she was saying and how she was saying it showed people that her words were not something that she had memorised or had someone else write for her. Her words came from the very depths of her soul and touched every man and woman in the crowd who had the good fortune of being able to attend.

She spoke about the beauty of the galaxy and how helping one another means more than any words could truly describe. She wasn't sounding like an upbeat poet who frequented at coffee shops but rather a classical poet who had lived a full life of both laughs and sorrows and in Jessica's long life she had experienced both extremes on more than one occasion. She knew that some people might not find it entertaining but it was the only thing that she could think of that didn't involve using her body. She felt that it would be unfair to use a talent that was related to her size because it didn't come natural. Her body was unnaturally large and thus she thought that it gave her an unfair advantage over her fellow contestants. She could have lifted the entire stage with ease or even demonstrated her gymnastic skills but instead she decided to use her poetry skills that she had learned over the years.

Jessica had turned to poetry in her times of depression and it helped her feel better when she was down. She did write some of it down but she never thought that they were any good so she would always throw them out, she found that ones that she had taken time to write down didn't always seem to be the best. It was always the ones on the spur of the moment that sounded the most beautiful and from the heart. She didn't see herself as a great poet, but it was something that she had some knowledge in. If she had focused on it as a career she thought that she would fall down and fail but just as a passing hobby she wasn't all that bad at it.

Her words were still convincing the judges who could tell that her words weren't memorised but instead came from the heart. Every word she muttered carried through the arena and into the ears and hearts of anyone hearing them. Even at one point she shed a tear while she was thinking about those that she had lost like her parents, friends, other members of family and work colleagues.

After she muttered her final words she bowed to the audience and there was a huge round of applause for her. This was a genuine applause not out of fear or the fact that she was well known. Her words had touched them all and while not as entertaining as many of the audience had hoped for it was still enough to earn their respects.

Jessica stepped over the back of the stage so that Remy could become centre focus once more and even he was surprised with what she had done. He had expected her to use her fantastic strength or even something else related to her size. The last thing that he had expected was her to perform a piece of poetry. Even he admitted that it was beautiful but he couldn't show any favouritism. He was supposed to be an impartial host but even he thought that she had an extremely good chance of winning. But that was not up to him, that was up to the judges who right now were talking amongst each other on which three women would advance to the final round. Peggy had been a contender but because she had to pull out everything that she had done was ignored.

"Well that was something else Ladies and Gentlemen," said Remy as he watched over the crowd. They were eager to see who had reached the final but it would take a few minutes for the judges to tally up their scores and make their final decision. "Now we are going to take a break for a few minutes while the judges make their decision. Don't forget to fill up on refreshments during this period and I'll be seeing you again in a few minutes."

Remy took a step off the stage as the crowd dispersed to visit the various kiosks located around the arena. Backstage Jessica had sat herself down again and some of the women were congratulating her for her poetry and she would complement them back on their performances. She was not doing this out of kindness but because she genuinely enjoyed their acts. The only woman who was keeping their distance from Jessica was Tamsin who hated the fact that she was getting all the attention and that her poetry act had actually impressed even her. But she still had a chance of winning as long as she also reached the grand final. But with her performance in the last few rounds she thought that it was fairly certain that she would make it.

At the side of the stage itself the judges were making their final decisions and were writing down the three names that they would be promoting to the final. For the moment it was shrouded in secrecy who exactly was going through to the final but it would be revealed in due time.

As the audience began to return from gathering their refreshments the contestants were all brought onto the stage eagerly awaiting their names to be called out. Each woman hoped to reach the final although many were certain that they wouldn't make it. But they didn't particularly care. They had not entered to truly win the pageant like some but just to have some fun. Even for Jessica winning wasn't the real point of her entering. It was also to have a bit of fun and also so that Tucker's gift to her hadn't gone to waste. She didn't even mind if she didn't get to the final, all that she cared about was that she had some fun along the way and that she had met up with a fan like Peggy.

Each of the women stepped out onto the stage and once again Jessica had to stand at the side since she was too large to actually fit on the stage without causing danger to the other contestants. She had been used to things like this for some time so it was no real hindrance to her. They all waited for Remy to come back from the judges and speak out at who was going through to the grand final. The atmosphere in the arena was so tense that it could be cut with a knife. Many of the contestants had been waiting a while and so had the audience. They were all eager to hear who had made it to the grand final.

"Well Ladies and Gentlemen we have seen many beautiful and fantastic women today but unfortunately only three of them can make it through to the grand final," said Remy to the cheer of many members of the audience. "The judges have made their decisions and even they admit that it was pretty tough choosing just three of these fine women. Our first finalist is the lovely Miss Tamsin Atkinson." Tamsin stepped forward and she couldn't hide her smile as she now knew that she was through to the final. Her plans had worked out perfectly for the time being but she knew that she would have one more hurdle. "The second finalist is the unbelievable Miss Jessica Snape." Jessica felt glad that she had made it to the final and she could hear everyone cheering at her. She gave them all a wave and a pleasant smile. "And now our third and final contestant is the extremely flexible Miss Amber Bloom." This last finalist was the woman who had been the contortionist and she couldn't believe that she had actually made it all the way to the final. She was close to tears and she had to fight them back. A few of the women were disappointed but for many of them it had been no big surprise. "There you have it folks our three finalists but for those who didn't make it, you all did fantastically well and are beautiful in your own rights. You have made this pageant truly wonderful and you should all be extremely proud with yourselves. Don't forget that you still have some special treats in the back as part of your package.

Slowly each of the other women stepped off the stage until there was only Jessica, Tamsin and Amber remaining. All three of the women knew what was going to happen next and they were having to think of a decent answer to the question 'How would you make the galaxy a better place?' It was one that would take some thought and Jessica had to think long and hard. She didn't want to sound like she was being vain but it was still a very hard question to truly answer without coming off wrong. Tamsin on the other hand had been thinking this through for some time now and even before the pageant she had been thinking about this as she was sure that she would make it to the final. If Peggy had remained it would have been questionable if Tamsin would have even made it to the final but to her that didn't matter anymore, she was in the final and Peggy wasn't. That was the end of that.

Each woman was given a few minutes to think of a decent answer to the question at hand and because she was the first to be picked it was Tamsin who was going to answer the question first. Everything from the previous rounds didn't matter anymore and the winner of the pageant itself would be decided on how the women performed in this round. If they failed this round they would instantly lose the pageant.

"Ok Ladies and Gentlemen it is time for the final of this year's Miss Tall Beauty Pageant," said Remy to another cheer from the crowd. "Out of all the lovely women who have made this year's pageant so special we have whittled it down to three finalists. First up to tell us exactly how she would make the galaxy a better place is the lovely Miss Tamsin Atkinson. Give her a round of applause everyone."

The crowd began to clap their hands as Tamsin stepped forward. She had a huge smile on her face and she knew that this was a round that Jessica's sexy body would have no effect in. She had been practicing for this moment ever since she was a young child and she wanted to make sure that nothing got in her way. The crowd in front of her didn't realise how much of a shallow and vindictive woman that she was and for the moment could only see the beauty that was only skin deep.

"How I would make the galaxy a better place," said Tamsin as she quoted the question and looked out at the many people watching in the crowd. "To start with I would end hunger throughout the galaxy and show those at war the beauty of peace. There are those out there that suffer needlessly and I wish I could go to each one of them and tell them that everything is alright but unfortunately I can't. If I could I definitely would and even if it takes me to the end of my days I would do it. If it was up to me whenever we discover a new planet rather than study it in secrecy we should embrace those people and welcome them to Home as our brothers and sisters. I united galaxy is a happy galaxy and I thank you for taking the time to hear my answer. May you all have a pleasant life."

There was a roar from the crowd as Tamsin stepped away. She thought that she had done enough to win herself the crown of the pageant and she could hardly mask her smile as she thought that she had surely won. One person in the crowd who wasn't cheering was Tucker, he had been picking up bad vibes from her almost as soon as he saw her on the first day he was on Home. Her towering height hadn't been the only thing that had gotten his attention but the fact that there was something off putting about her. Something that he couldn't place his finger on but he thought that he might just being silly. He had no idea that it was her that was behind Peggy's sudden illness. He had never even met the woman before in his life but felt sorry to see her begin to uncontrollably throw up on stage. It made him feel sick himself but he had been able to keep it down.

"Well that was amazing folks," said Remy in the aftermath of Tamsin answering the question. "And now folks we have the unbelievable Miss Jessica Snape to answer the question to how she would make the galaxy a better place. Come on up Jessica and tell everyone how you would truly make the galaxy a better place for everyone."

Slowly and cautiously Jessica did step onto the stage. She could hear the people cheering for her and she did have a sense of nervousness. She didn't want to say anything that would make her look like she was gloating and she had been impressed with Tamsin's answer. She needed to make sure that she didn't use any of the same phrases or references as she did. It all had to be original or else she would lose points.

"How I would make the galaxy a better place," said Jessica. She took a deep breath as she thought about the answer. "I know this might sound wrong but in a way I do already make the galaxy a better place. But that's not just me but that is everyone, it is the little things that each and every one of us do each day that makes the galaxy a better place. Sure some people might say that they do more than others but each action that we take to benefit another person is just a small part of making life in general better for everybody. Some might go out and do charity work while others just simply help someone when they have fallen down, but everything that we do to help one another no matter how small is what truly makes the galaxy a better place. I do everything that I can to help people and I'm sure that you all do the same too, but don't look at it as a scorecard. Just look at it as your own way of benefitting the galaxy in general. I thank you all for listening to me and I hope that my words have had meaning to you."

Calmly Jessica stepped off the side of the stage and there was a roar from the audience who enjoyed every word that she had just spoken. She felt honoured that her words had moved her like she had hoped and she knew that her speech hadn't come off as being in vain but actually showed that she truly believed those words. Every word that she had muttered had once again come from the heart and no one could deny how honest and truthful her speech was and it had gone down very well with the judges who began to write their scores down. She hoped that it would be enough to win the pageant but there was still another contestant to answer the question and she wondered if she would do a better job. She didn't even mind if she won or not, she had already had a great experience and she would never forget it and the fact that it was Tucker who had brought it forwards to her. If it wasn't for his confidence in her she would have never entered the pageant herself and she knew that she would have to give him a special little something for that.

Remy once again stepped onto centre stage where everyone could see him and like the others he had been impressed by Jessica's words but as stated in his job he couldn't show favouritism but he would still give her the vote of approval that he had given to all the other contestants no matter how bad he thought they were.

"Well there's a lady with both beauties and brains," said Remy. "Give one more round of applause for Miss Jessica Snape." The audience responded by applauding Jessica that really touched her. She remembered when people had been afraid of her when she first became a giantess on a permanent basis but seeing how people were reacting to her only showed how far things had come. "But now here is our third and final contestants, the lovely and flexible Miss Amber Bloom."

The audience applauded once more as Amber took the stage and already Tamsin was worried. She knew that Jessica's speech had been impressive and now she had her own doubts that she would win. But it was too late for her to truly do anything about it. Now all she could do is hope that the judges voted her way. For the time being she could only watch as Amber began her own speech. She thought that if she wasn't going to get first place she was at least going to get second place.

"How I would make the galaxy a better place," said Amber preparing to answer the question herself. "The question itself is irrelevant. Despite everything that we have found out so far there are many parts of the galaxy and the universe as a whole which is unknown to us. For all we know the galaxy is already a great place thanks to the inhabitants of those countless planets who call their planets home. But at the problems that I have seen I would give my body and mind completely to help those who are truly in need. Helping someone isn't a chore or a job. It is a commitment that I would take if I were given the means to do so. But with what I have I would give my all to help just one person who needed it. To turn the life of a single person around would be enough to make the galaxy a better place. Thank you for listening."

The audience cheered once more for her and even Jessica decided to show how much she enjoyed it. She quietly applauded her along with everyone else within the arena. The only person who was not applauding her was Tamsin who stood in the background and tried to hide her distaste. But now it was up to the judges to decide on who would win the pageant and it was going to be a tough call.

There was another break that lasted several minutes so that the judges could make their decision. This time the remaining contestants were allowed to interact with their family and friends who had come along to support them. Jessica had been able to pick out Tucker and place him in her hand. She had been a little worried that he would have been lost in the sea of people but the fact that he was sitting in her hand did make her feel better. She was almost overcome with happiness with the fact that he had believed in her from the beginning and she even raised him to her lips and given him a little kiss. Some of her lipstick did transfer onto him but he didn't mind. Just being in her presence was enough to make him the happiest man in the galaxy.

"So how is the Miss Tall Pageant finalist getting over her new found attention?" asked Tucker pretending to be a professional interviewer.

"I've always drawn attention Tucker," replied Jessica with a smile. "But it's nice to know that there are people who support me and especially you my Special Little Guy. I would never have done this if it wasn't for you. You are the best thing to happen to me for a long time and tonight I want to show you."

"Show me what?" He was confused and wasn't sure exactly what she was talking about. He had some idea but he didn't want to say it out loud in case she took it the wrong way.

"The judges have made their decision!" shouted a voice from an unknown origin. "Can the finalists please return to the stage?"

"Oops that's my cue little man." Slowly she lowered Tucker back onto the ground before smiling down at him. "We'll talk about it later okay." Her voice was springy and pleasant and Tucker couldn't help but smile back.

Minutes later everyone was back in their places awaiting to hear the judges' decision. Remy himself was standing over at the judges' seats listening to their decision. They spoke so quietly that no one could actually hear them. It took a couple of moments to for Remy to fully pick up the positioning of the finalists but as soon as he had it memorised he moved to the centre stage again. Standing there were Tamsin and Amber while Jessica remained at the side of the stage. Each were eagerly awaiting to hear who had won the pageant along with the prize. There were a couple of consolation prizes for entering the final but as expected the winning prize was so much better.

"Well it has been a fantastic pageant that we've seen here today Ladies and Gentlemen," said Remy looking over at the crowd. "But there can be only one Miss Tall pageant winner but before we get to that the third place goes to..." There was a long pause before he actually spoke the name. "Miss Tamsin Atkinson." These words completely broke Tamsin who was almost certain that she was going to win. The disappointment began to show although she tried to hide it as best as she could. She did give everyone a wave and a smile trying to show that she was fine with coming third but deep down there was deep and ugly resentment. "And coming in second is..." Once again there was a long pause before he spoke the name. "Miss Jessica Snape which means this year's Miss Tall title goes to Amber Bloom."

Amber began to cry tears of joy as she heard her name called out. She never thought that she would ever be crowned the winner and her emotions were beginning to get the better of her. She could hear everyone in the audience cheering for her and even Jessica was applauding her for winning the pageant. The towering giantess didn't mind coming in second place, all that she cared about was that some truly deserving had won the pageant and for that she couldn't be happier.

No one noticed Tamsin slip off the stage in pure disgust with the fact that she hadn't won. She didn't care if she left her things behind, she was just overcome with so much rage and disappointment that she didn't know what to do with herself. She wanted to hit everything in view as she began to walk down an alleyway by the arena. She was so caught up with herself that she didn't even notice a man calmly walking after her. Each step he took was in complete silence and at the rate that he was walking it took him less than a minute to reach the distraught Tamsin.

This man was the same one that Tucker had seen in the crowd taking a particular interest in the pageant. It wasn't until he gave her a tap on the shoulder that he even realised that he was there. Tears had been rolling down her eyes and she was still distraught. But she was greatly angered over the fact that he had been following her and wanted to lash out at him. But she didn't want to risk being arrested unless he of course tried to attack her first.

"What the fuck do you want?" asked Tamsin in a bitter voice. She was still half a foot taller than the man and she didn't feel threatened by him. Only somewhat creeped out that he had followed her here.

"My apologies if I have startled you at all that was not my intention," replied the man taking a small bow to show his apology. "I saw you on stage and I couldn't help but admire you."

"So what your some kind of psycho stalker?" She clenched her fist expecting to hit him at any moment. She couldn't stand having a stalker and if he even tried she would beat him down here he stood.

"No of course not. I have more important things then to stalk someone no matter how lovely they look." His voice was incredibly calm and somewhat cold but for some reason Tamsin didn't feel like she was being threatened at all. She felt her anger somewhat slip away and she stared at him not knowing what he was about to do. "In fact I have come this way to offer you my assistance."

"For what exactly?" Her voice was quieter and much more confused. She didn't know if this man truly wanted to help her or if he was just trying to distract her while he tried to make a move.

"To better yourself. Now tell me why do you think were beaten by Agent Snape?"

"Because she's a fucking giant!" Her voice was stern and angry again. "And have you seen the size of her tits? How the fuck can I compete with that?"

"What if I told you that I could give you the means to defeat her?" This instantly got a reaction from Tamsin who looked at him in disbelief. "I knew that would get your attention. All I want to do is make you her equal."

"No I don't want to be her equal." Her fists clenched again as she could feel her hatred for Jessica rising. It had been a feeling of resentment that she had felt for some time but felt that there was no way that she could express it. "I want to be better than her."

"And that you shall. I could make her superior and all I ask in return is your loyalty and co-operation. Can you do that for me?"

"I-I." Tamsin was thinking about her options but her mind was clouded with hatred at the moment and she looked at the man in front of her and conceded that the only way to actually outshine Jessica was to align herself with him. "Yes I will, if you make me her superior I would follow you to the ends of the galaxy."

"Very good." He held his hand out towards her and he had a smile on his face. "Now come with me, we have much to discuss.

"I-I don't even know your name." She gently grabbed his hand showing that she was truly agreeing to his offer but she was still in some confusion.

"Just call me Jarvis, my dear. The rest will become clear to you in due time."