- Text Size +

The next day was a warm day with the sun shining down on everyone but there was a gentle, cool breeze that made it seem not too hot. A couple of people were travelling on a boat like vehicle through the water. It could travel much faster than any boat on Earth but thanks to its design it was still completely safe for everyone on board. They were travelling between the main lands and none of the four occupants expected to see the sight that they saw over the port bow.

In the distance they could see a giant figure walking through the crystal clear waters. The occupants knew that it was Jessica who was walking through the water and they decided to go in a little closer so that they could get a quick picture of her. They had heard of her but they had never seen her in person so they just wanted to get a quick picture before moving onto one of the other main lands.

Jessica was wearing a light blue bikini top along with a red skirt like cloth that had exotic flowers printed on them. She carried a black pair of flip flops in her hand and over her shoulder she carried a handbag. She also wore a large straw hat and a pair of glasses. On her other shoulder Tucker was sitting there wearing what he would describe as an orange Hawaiian shirt with a brown pair of shorts and a pair of trainers but he didn't wear any socks with them. Both of them were somewhat tanned from their relaxing day of sunbathing and the water that Jessica was walking through only came up to her knees.

They had spent the entire day yesterday sunbathing and getting settled into the villa. They had eaten a homemade dinner that night before Tucker began to tell her a few things about Earth. He even told her a few fairy tales that he had heard when he was a child and she was particularly interested in Jack And The Beanstalk. She thought that it was funny that there would even be a castle in the clouds but she accepted that it did make a nice story for children but she thought that the giant didn't have to be so mean. Tucker told her that there were more stories about giants that she would tell her but he would tell her some other time.

That night rather than they had slept together for the first time and Tucker had no fear of Jessica accidentally crushing him. He remembered that she shrank when she fell asleep and while she was awake she always remembered where Tucker was so she never rolled on top of him. It wasn't the first time that she had slept with a normal size man so she had plenty of practice in the art.

Today Jessica and Tucker were making their way to one of the main lands so that they could take a look around and it would give him the opportunity to take in the atmosphere of Planet Paradise. He was still in awe of the beauty of the planet but there was still something that he thought was even more beautiful than the planet. It was Jessica herself that he was thinking of and if was a poet he thought that she would be the inspiration for an entire book of poems but alas it was a skill that he lacked.

Due to Jessica's straw hat Tucker was sitting in the shade but this he didn't particularly mind too much. He had been a little warm and he felt cool sitting on her shoulder in the shade. He didn't forget to wrap some of her hair around him and he noticed that it felt as soft as silk. Tucker could just brush his hand against her hair all day if he wanted to but he didn't want to seem like some kind of pervert. He was too respectful of Jessica to even consider doing anything like that. He didn't want anything to ruin the relationship that was developing between himself and Jessica and he wanted it to last forever. In his mind it was like he was beginning to fulfil a promise that he had made. He couldn't remember exactly who he had made the promise to but it felt like a lingering thought in his head. But he felt happy that he was keeping his word.

"So where are we going?" asked Tucker relatively quietly into her large ear. He remembered that she couldn't stand loud noises.

"We're going to one of the main lands so that I can show you what this planet is all about," replied Jessica without having to turn her head. "I can show you all the sights and sounds of this place and maybe I might do a bit of shopping. I'll even give you a few credits so that you can buy yourself a few things."

"Will there be people there?"

"Sure it's where the bulk of the tourists go but you don't need to worry about them. You'll be safe up here on my shoulder and besides would you want to be anywhere else?"

Tucker could hear Jessica giggle at this and he had to admit that she was right. From where he had been just a few short weeks ago he wouldn't think in a million years that he would be somewhere like this. He felt that he had been given a new lease of life and he was going to enjoy every moment of it as he could.

It still took Jessica several minutes to reach the mainland and Tucker was almost overwhelmed with the sight and sounds of the people. As she stepped on the beach Tucker could see hundreds of people walking by and laying around sunbathing like he and Jessica had done the previous day. Many of the people took a moment to actually look at Jessica before carrying on with whatever they were doing. Tucker could see a lot of small shops and restaurants all along the coast line and more and more it reminded him of some of the Spanish islands that he had visited over the years. The place looked more suited as a tourist attraction rather than a place for local people to live. Over the horizon he could see lush green hills and in a few patches he could see colour. He thought that the colour must be flowers amongst the greenness of the trees. The air on this planet also felt a little different, it felt more pure and free of the pollutions that he was used to feeling on Earth. Home itself didn't have very much pollution in anyway but Planet Paradise just seemed completely pure.

As soon as Jessica was on the beach she placed her flip flops down on the sound and placed her feet into them. Her feet and shins were wet from walking through the ocean but in the warm tropical weather they would dry out within minutes. She could feel some sand between her toes but a quick little dip in the ocean soon cleared that up for her. She carefully began to walk along the coast and she looked down at the various shops along the way and she still took great care in wherever she placed her feet while walking. The last thing she wanted to do was to accidentally crush someone. It had never happened before but she didn't want it to ever happen at all.

"So what do you think little man?" asked Jessica with a smile on her face. "It might be a bit much at first but you'll get used to everything."

"No its fine Jessica," replied Tucker. "It just seems similar to a couple of places that I've been to on Earth. Don't get me wrong the place is nothing short of fantastic and I'm with the most fantastic woman in the galaxy."

"Oh that's so sweet. You've just earned yourself a little snuggle time when we get back to the villa." She fell silent for a moment before she could speak on. "You don't mind if we quickly visit a friend of mine. I haven't seen her since the last year and I want to see how she is."

"Yeah sure." He was intrigued to see Jessica's friend and he wondered if she was an agent like her and if she was what power would she have. He was thinking about some of the powers that he hadn't seen yet and he was even thinking of some of the comic book superheroes that he used to read when he was a child. "Does she have powers like you?"

"Yes she does and I have to warn you. Like me her powers aren't too easy to hide so try not to look so surprised when you see her."

"What are her powers?"

"You'll find out soon enough." There was a hint of mischief in her voice that made Tucker think a little. He didn't want to do anything that embarrassed Jessica but he still wondered exactly what her friend could actually do.

Several minutes later Tucker found himself further inland as Jessica carefully walked through the lush jungles and she tried not to damage the area. Just over the horizon he could see a villa which was obviously much smaller than Jessica's but it was much well suited for someone of a more normal size. As Jessica walked closer Tucker could spot a swimming pool along with a beautiful looking garden. At one point she almost tripped over a fallen tree but thankfully she was able to keep her balance, if she had fallen it would have been disastrous for both of them.

When Jessica eventually reached the villa she didn't have to wait long for a man to step out of it. From where he was sitting Tucker couldn't see what the man looked like but from her perspective she could that he was an oriental man who looked to be in his late sixties. He was a little overweight and didn't have much hair left on the top of his head. He was topless and only wore a white pair of shorts and flip flops. He looked up at Jessica with a smile and she squatted down so that she wasn't so high up.

"Jessica so nice to see you again," said the man. His smile didn't fade away and Jessica smiled back at him. "You look more beautiful every time I see you. Are you sure you're not cheating?"

"Some people say I am," replied Jessica. She did like being called beautiful but she thought that it all came from the Jones serum and without it she would be nothing. "Have you been losing weight?"

"No if anything I've gained some." He laughed indicating that he wasn't offended but merely having a laugh. He saw Tucker on Jessica shoulder and he seemed to be happy that she was with someone else. "And who is the lucky man on your shoulder."

"Oh this is Tucker." She looked at the tiny man on her shoulder and she began to unwrap the hair around him. When she had done this she gently picked him off her shoulder and placed him on the ground. "Tucker this is Randy, Randy meet Tucker."

Tucker was a little nervous as he stepped towards Randy and as he held his hand out to shake hands the older man looked at him not knowing exactly what he meant. It took a moment for Tucker to realise that this was probably not a custom with these people and he began to feel more out of place. He took his hand back with some embarrassment before he could finally speak.

"I'm sorry it's just a custom from where I'm from to shake hands with someone when you first meet them," said Tucker in a somewhat quiet voice. He felt a little like a child who was being introduced to a stranger and his shyness was getting the better of him. But all he got from Randy was another big smile and a loud laugh.

"Some odd custom there my friend," replied Randy with a smile. "Where are you from Krynic or something?"

"No I'm from Earth?" He only realised at the last moment that he might have said something wrong. He thought that it probably would have been best if he hadn't of said that he was from Earth. He didn't know if Randy would be terrified of him for being an alien or even if he would start asking him some embarrassing questions.

"Oh and where on Home is that?"

"He's not from Home," answered Jessica knowing that she might have to do a little explaining. "He's from a planet that his people call Earth and I accidentally picked him up on my last trip. The sneaky little fella snuck into my bag but he was a happy accident so to speak. Excuse him if he does anything that might seem a little strange but as you can see he hasn't fully gotten used to our customs yet."

"That's cool Jess. I've never spoken with an alien before. It's another thing I can tick off of my bucket list."

"Is Heather back there with you? I really wanted to have a nice chat with her while I was here."

"Yeah she's here. She' just finishing up inside and then she should be out here." He suddenly heard the door open behind him and he looked towards it in anticipation. "This must be her now."

Tucker stood there as he watched a woman step out through the door and like Randy she was in her late sixties but she still had a somewhat youthful complexion to her body. She only had a few wrinkles and her hair was blond but he could tell that she probably dyed her hair to keep it from going grey. She wasn't very tall but she was quite slim and had a good figure for her age. She wore a cream dress with a pair of strapped sandals but there was one thing that really struck him. The only thing that made this woman abnormal was the fact that she had six arms, she reminded him of some of the figures that he had seen in the Hindu religion and he couldn't help but stare for a few moments. She looked exotic as she slowly walked towards him but she was looking up at Jessica. It was obvious to him that she was an Agent but most likely she had retired from the company and living out the rest of her days in the warmth of Planet Paradise. He did wonder why she preferred to live on the mainland when the other agents had their own private islands but he thought that it might be rude to ask her that question.

Jessica seemed to be very happy to see her old friend walking towards her. The pair had not seen each other for close to a year and they were overjoyed that they had been able to meet up again.

"It's so nice of you to come Jessica," said Heather as she looked up to her giant size friend. "It's been far too long."

"Sorry Heather but you know the company," replied Jessica with a smile. "It's all work, work, work and no play but I was able to get a week off and I wanted to see you. It seems silly that we don't see each other as often as we should."

"It's got to be close to a year since I last saw you. Is everything going alright at the company?"

"Well Home was almost destroyed and the galaxy plunged into a dark age where we would have all been under an overlord so I'd say it's about average." Both women began to giggle and it was almost like no time had passed since they had last seen each other.

The quick visit turned into a couple of hours as Jessica sat down and talked to Heather while Tucker and Randy sat by the pool and drank a couple of alcoholic beverages and had a few laughs. The fact that both men were alien to each other didn't seem to mind either of them and they talked as if they were friends themselves. Tucker told him about some of the things on Earth while Randy told him about some of the craziness that happened a few decades before. He and Heather had been married for some forty years and the fact that she had six arms didn't bother him at all, in fact it only seemed to spice things up and he even told Tucker how it helped in the bedroom.

Jessica was sitting near the villa itself and she rested Heather on her knee and they were talking about everything that had happened within the last year. Heather's mother had recently died but she had lived to a good age so she wasn't overly upset that she had died. Her mother had always been a happy woman and wouldn't have liked people crying over her like that. She was also very curious about Tucker, this was the first time that she had ever seen him and she was surprised when Jessica told her that he was from Earth. She had visited Earth a few times on various missions but in her mind besides having intelligent life there wasn't anything really remarkable about the place.

"So you just picked him up and decided to bring him to Home?" asked Heather as she took a quick glance over to Tucker before looking back up at Jessica. "I admit he's a looker but wasn't it risky?"

"No it's not like that," replied Jessica with an embarrassing smile. "He snuck into my bag while I was by his apartment block and I accidentally brought him back to Home. At first I seemed to be in a lot of trouble over it but I don't think I made a mistake. The last few weeks that he's been with me have been the happiest I've been in years. I know it sounds wrong but we've made a connection and we've even started a relationship. People might find that wrong since he's an alien and that we've only known each other for a short period of time but we've already been through more than most people could ever dream of in their entire lifetime. I've saved his life and he has saved mine and even if I live to a million I'll never meet another man like Tucker."

"Oh I see and I guess that the company is alright about him staying."

"Actually I have to take him back when we can reopen the vortex back to Earth." The smile faded from her face and she began to become very sombre. "I haven't had the heart to tell him that I have to send him back and that everything that he's experienced will be wiped away from his memories. That's why I'm trying to cram every happy moment with him that I can before he's taken away from me. At first I didn't think it would be so bad sending him back but we've developed feelings for each other and I think if I send him back it might break my heart again." A couple of tears rolled down her cheek and landed on the ground. She tried to hide the fact that she was crying so that she didn't attract the attention of Tucker. The last thing she wanted was for him to see her upset like this.

"It's alright big girl." Heather was trying to be reassuring to her enormous friend and she even rubbed her knee as best as she could. It felt strange for Jessica to feel so many hands rubbing against her knee. "If you truly love him then the company will have no choice than to allow him to stay. I admit it would be a first allowing an alien to live on Home but the fact that he looks so much like us he could probably pass as one of us."

"I hope that you're right, he told me that I saved him in every way possible and I fear that if I take him back to Earth then he might hurt himself again. But if it comes to it I will do everything in my power to keep him here." She gave a brief sigh as she thought that she was talking too much about herself and she wanted to focus more on her friend. "So how are the kids Heather?"

"They're not kids anymore Jessica." She had a smile on her face. "My eldest is thirty seven and the youngest is thirty four next month. But I guess we're all children in your eyes, how old are you now? Three hundred is it?"

"Hey I'm not that old yet." She placed her hands on her hips as a playful sign of annoyance and both women laughed at each other. Like many of the agents working for Park Incorporated Jessica had a hand in training Heather when she first started out. Her two centuries of experience made her an ideal trainer and she was definitely one of the most valuable agents that the company ever had. "I better get going in a minute, I promised to show Tucker around the mainland a little more and I'm starting to get hungry. I know that it would be too much to ask you for some food so we'll find a nice place to have some lunch together."

"Ok then Jess, just don't be a stranger alright? A year between visits is far too long but you always have my contact details so if you ever wanna talk just call me okay."

"Yeah sure Heather." She smiled down further at her friend and she felt lucky to have people like her in her life. "You're a good friend."

A few minutes later Jessica was once again walking by the shoreline with Tucker on her shoulder. They had said their goodbyes to Heather and Randy and were looking for a nice place to eat. She had contacted one of her favourite cafes that she was coming to them for some food and they had already started preparing her lunch for her. Another obvious drawback to her size was that she ate a lot more than a normal person and no restaurant or café would be able to cater for her if she just walked in with no forewarning at all. She had once eaten so much at a restaurant that they had to close for a few days so that they could get enough stock to open again. This had left her a little embarrassed and she tried to restrict herself when it came to eating out.

But on the way to the restaurant Jessica came across a pedicure business that she had come across before and had always wanted to get her nails done there. She decided to enquire whether or not she could have a pedicure there but she knew that it might take a few minutes for her to book everything and she thought that Tucker might be bored while she went through the booking process. She even took a small metallic patch like device as she placed him on the ground and he looked at it for a moment with some confusion.

"I maybe a few minutes so if you want to you can have a look around some of the stores and pick out something that you like," said Jessica in a pleasant voice. "That little device in your hand is basically linked to my account and I placed a few credits in there so that you could actually spend it on whatever you like. But please don't try and spend it all at once please." She gently rubbed his head and smiled down at him. "And don't worry about getting lost, just look for the giant girl towering above everyone and you'll find me."

"I might forget that last part." This was a little joke and both of them laughed as Tucker turned around and began to walk past the several stores. He took a quick glance at them and saw that they were selling things that looked cheap and tacky. But rather than thinking about getting something for himself he thought about getting something for Jessica. She had given and done so much for him that he wanted some way of showing his gratitude. But he didn't think that she would like any of the cheap rubbish that he was seeing. He knew that she would pretend to love it but in reality she would actually hate it.

Eventually he came across what at first seemed to be a small beauty salon but he noticed that there were no women being treated inside but a lot of beauty pageant pictures and he noticed that there were a couple of women inside who were both above average height. They were both about an inch shorter than he was but that was still tall for a woman. As he stepped inside he could feel the coolness of the store's air conditioning system and he couldn't help but look at the pictures. He noticed that the women in the pictures didn't seem to be the same, the women were all in different heights, ages, hair colour and weights. The pictures seemed to be somewhat holographic and he went to touch one of them and his hand went straight through it.

As the two tall women left the store Tucker took another quick glance at them and he had to admit that they were very beautiful, in his mind they were not as beautiful as Jessica but they were still enough to turn heads. He didn't notice that there was a man with dark skin sitting behind a desk looking at him. Tucker seemed to be in a world of his own as he looked at the pictures before the man cleared his throat and got Tucker's attention.

"Can I help you in anyway?" asked the man. This caught Tucker by surprise who turned around and looked at him. The man didn't seem to be very impressed with seeing what Tucker was doing.

"Oh I'm sorry," replied Tucker trying to find his words. The place was still unfamiliar to him and he was getting his bearings together. "I was just having a look around, what exactly is this place?"

"This is the where participants for the weekly beauty pageant sign up," replied the man. "But for your sake I'm afraid that the pageants are only for women or else there is a male pageant service available at another of our branches a couple of miles away."

"No I'm fine but you said that the pageants are weekly so is there a new beauty queen each week or something?"

"Not entirely actually, each week we have a different category and the winners keep their titles for an entire year. The aim of the pageant isn't entirely on how beautiful the contestant is, we concentrate more on making the contestants have fun and have a memorable vacation. All entrants get a free package to remember so that they can remember their time here for the rest of their lives. The winners of the contests themselves receive a free choice of either a romantic meal for two, a spa day or even just walking away with some prize money. The total that they win depends on how many other contestants are present but I assure you that it is much more than the entry fee."

"Oh I see and out of curiosity exactly what is the category this week?" He began to get an idea in his head and he thought that it would show Jessica exactly what he meant to her.

"Well this week all contestants have to be five foot ten or over."

"And does there have to be a maximum height?" The more that he was hearing the more that he thought that it was a good idea. But a part of him was still a little reluctant as he wasn't sure how Jessica would react.

"There is no maximum height, a contestant could be ten feet tall and still be eligible for this category."

"You say ten feet? How about a hundred and twenty plus?"

This raised the eyebrow of the man and he began to realise exactly who Tucker was talking about. He almost didn't know what to say but he thought that it would help to promote the company. Having someone like Jessica actually entering the contest would bring in crowds and although entry to watch the pageants was free there were still refreshments sold at the venue and he could imagine them selling enough to get them through the year. Jessica was a minor celebrity and he had no doubt that people would flock to watch her compete and it would give something for the other contestants to work towards. They had a few other agents compete every now and again and it had been an overwhelming success. Having someone like Jessica competing would lead to even more success and she would even go down as the tallest contestant that the company ever had.