- Text Size +

  As Tucker calmly walked towards the exit of the control room many of the scientists were trying to aid Agent Daniels who had yet to move from having the entity leave his body. Already he was receiving various first aid techniques and they could felt a pulse so they knew that he was still alive. This didn’t end the panic that was being experienced by the scientists tending to him and already the alarm was being raised. This was not the first time an agent had collapsed after a mission but one thing that Gloria did find odd was that Agent Daniels’s healing abilities would prevent something like this from happening. The fact that he was on the ground unconscious made her worry greatly. Never had an agent lost a superhuman ability like that, she wanted to get him to the medi-lab as soon as possible so that the cause of his sudden collapse could be determined.

  Oblivious to the carnage that was going on behind him Tucker opened the door to the control room and stepped out. He had a somewhat blank stare on his face and more or less as soon as he left the room he saw an enormous foot directly in front of him and he looked up at Jessica who was sitting down waiting for him. She was still catching her breath after the session and she looked down at Tucker and smiled. He looked up at her in amazement, for the entity this had been the closest that it had gotten to her and it marvelled over her size. She was the largest person that it had ever seen and now more than ever did it think that she would be the perfect host.

  “There you are Tucker,” said Jessica as she slowly lowered her hand right next to him. “I have to admit, that last session really took a lot out of me. You should create more sessions like that in the future, it’ll really keep me on my toes and I’m sure that the other agents would like to see a Tucker special.” That was the name she had decided for that session but she was surprised to see that Tucker wasn’t stepping on her hand. Normally he would be quick to take a seat on her hand but this time he just looked down at her hand. “Err Tucker are you alright?” He looked up at her still with the blank stare. She was starting to become worried about him and at first she thought that he might have been guilty for pushing her so hard. “You don’t have to feel bad, I’m not injured and a good workout is exactly what I needed. All the other sessions began to feel that they were too easy. Well besides the whole warzone session but I digress.” She saw that he still looked unchanged and she began to suspect that something worse had happened. “What’s the matter? I don’t smell that bad do I?”

  “No I’m fine,” replied Tucker in an emotionless voice. He slowly stepped onto Jessica’s hand and she raised him up to her level. She had a concerned look on her face but he didn’t seem to be moved by it. She brought him close to her enormous hazel eye, he could see his reflection in it but he still didn’t seem to change his expression.

  “Are you sure you’re alright Tucker, you seem to be a little off. Gloria didn’t shout at you or anything did she?” She continued to look at Tucker but she could hear the commotion that was going on in the control room. She was far too large to enter the room herself and with Tucker in her hand she didn’t want to lie on the ground and look inside the room that way. “What’s going on in there?”

  “Nothing Agent Daniels is just asking the others a few questions.” His tone didn’t seem to change either. “You know that he wanted to do a spot of stage acting. He’s having them practice for a scene.”

  “Oh really?” She had known that Agent Daniels had wanted to do some acting on the side along with his career. She had seen him act a few times and although he was good she wouldn’t say that he was star quality. He was the kind of act who would be ideal for bit roles and cameos but never a lead role. “Well the only to get better is to practice I guess.” She then slowly used the wall and her other hand to rise up to her feet. She needed to use the wall to help support herself and since she had Tucker in her hand it was more difficult but she had done this countless times before so she was used to it. “Now let’s get something to eat, I’m starving and I need to put on a clean uniform before I stink out the place.”

  Normally this would get a smile from Tucker but this time around he showed no response. She did find it a little odd but she just thought that he was hungry so she started the relatively short walk out of the facility and back to her own apartment. She had thought about eating out this lunchtime but since none of the local cafes and restaurants had not been informed that she wished to dine there they hadn’t got enough stock to fill her. The same was true for the cafeteria in the facility. Often they did have enough food to feed her but the food there wasn’t very nice in her opinion and she preferred her own cooking.

  As she walked back to her apartment she noticed that Tucker was just sitting in her hand and blankly looking over the horizon. Normally he would be talking to her or asking more questions about Home and the different planets that she had been to over her long career. Instead he just sat there in silence and Jessica began to think that she had done something to offend him. She thought that she might have done something that was offensive in his culture and she hadn’t realised. By the time he finally said anything to her they were close to her apartment and they could both hear her stomach growling.

  “You have an amazing body Jessica,” said Tucker but again his voice didn’t show much emotion. He didn’t even turn his head to look at her; all he did was continue to look over the horizon as they got closer to her apartment.

  “Thank you I guess,” replied Jessica feeling a little creeped out with his statement. It was not the first time that someone had told her that she was amazing in that way but coming from Tucker it struck her as being odd.

  “Anyone would be incredibly lucky to have a body like yours.”

  “You try telling my tailor that.” She thought that the joke would somehow make her feel less creeped out but with Tucker’s lack of a response it only made her feel worse. She didn’t want to tell him how she felt and she thought that everything would be fine after they both had some food in their bellies. The workout had taken a lot out of her and she thought that her feeling at this moment in time was being influenced by her hunger.

  Moments later they reached her apartment and it took a moment for Jessica to open the door. Since she wasn’t wearing heels she didn’t have to worry about ducking and she took a couple of steps into her kitchen and placed Tucker on the nearby table. He stepped off her hand and moved so efficiently that there seemed to be no wasted energy. She saw him look up at her and still his expression was the same. Even with the size difference between them she still felt uneasy around him at this moment in time and it was a feeling that she rarely felt when she was with smaller people.

  “Now just wait there for a moment so I can freshen up,” said Jessica as she went to walk out of the kitchen. “After that I’m going to make the best darn lunch that you’ve ever eaten.”

  She saw Tucker only give her a slight nod of approval as she walked away and she could still feel the uneasy feeling in the pit of her belly. He had seemed off ever since she had picked him up from the training session but for the moment she just wanted to get out of her sweaty uniform and freshen up before she made lunch. The first place she went to was her closet where she picked out her white uniform. As she went through her closet looking for the white uniform she saw a few of her older uniforms, one of them was identical to the one that the giantess had worn during the session. As she took a couple of seconds to look at it she noticed that every detail that she had seen in the session matched the old uniform that she had been looking at.

  “How did he know what this looked like?” asked Jessica quietly to herself. “He’s never seen me wear this or hanging up. I’ll have to ask him after lunch.”

  A few of the older costumes she had not worn for years and had been thinking about having them recycled but she wanted to hold onto them since they brought her pleasant memories and she never knew when she would need them. A couple of them she couldn’t believe that they ever looked cool. One of them even seemed to have the underpants on the outside but that was just what was in at the time.

  Before she put on the clean uniform she entered her bathroom so that she could freshen herself up and take off the sweaty uniform. She placed it in an oversized basket and she washed herself and sprayed under her armpits so that she didn’t smell at least. She planned to have a bath later when all of her work had been completed but for now it seemed pointless since there was a chance that she would have to bathe again. She also took out her bobble that had been tying her hair in a ponytail and she let her hair down.

  As she re-entered the kitchen she could see Tucker still standing on the table but from what she could see he had barely moved at all. It was like he was a statue and the only part of his body he had moved was his head as he had been scanning the room. She entered with a smile but he still gave her a blank look but after a moment he seemed to try and smile but it seemed to be forced. With her enhanced eyesight she could clearly see the smile and there was something about it that further creeped her out. She didn’t want to say anything to him and instead she went over to the nearby fridge and picked some food out that would not take long for her to prepare.

  While she was preparing lunch every now and again she would turn and look at Tucker and she could see him just standing there motionless. Her concern was growing faster than she had when her abilities first manifested almost two centuries ago. If he didn’t show any signs of improvement after lunch she wanted to speak to him about it before they left to go back to the facility. She thought that it might be something human and thus completely alien to her although their makeups were very similar there were some important differences.

  Minutes later Jessica dished up Tucker’s lunch on what seemed to be a tiny plate to her and she also placed a regular sized table and chair on the scaled up table. She expected Tucker to sit down immediately but he still stood there for a few more moments before she finally had to give him a little nudge. She placed her own lunch just opposite from where he was sitting and as she ate she noticed that Tucker wasn’t eating. He was just staring blankly at her and she needed to stop herself for just a moment.

  “Aren’t you eating Tucker?” asked Jessica with concern. “Are you sick?”

  “No I’m perfectly healthy Agent Snape,” replied Tucker as he picked up some of the food and placed it in his mouth but the entire time he didn’t take his eyes off Jessica. He had been using his hands rather than the cutlery that she had placed in front of him.

  “You know you can call me Jessica.” She allowed him to eat with his hands for a couple of moments before she tried to put an end to it. “And you know that you can use the cutlery, I don’t know how they eat on Earth but when you’re in my apartment you eat like a civilised person.” Almost instantly she saw Tucker pick up the cutlery and use it to eat his food. They were similar to knives and forks so he was familiar with it but the entity had to access Tucker’s memories on eating. “T-that’s better, now are you enjoying it?”

  “It will suffice.” His eyes still weren’t drawn away from him and she still felt uneasy with him just blankly staring at her.

  Jessica also found it strange that he would say that her cooking would suffice. All the other times he had told her that it was some of the best food that he had ever eaten and in truth that was correct. Just to say that it sufficed made her feel that her cooking wasn’t any good; it meant that it met with the minimum requirements. She had never been the kind of person who would only try and reach what was minimum; she always wanted to do the best that she could.

  This was the only time when Tucker had truly made her feel this uneasy. When she had first met him she had been a tad bit nervous with him since he was an alien but that almost instantly faded away when they had started to connect. But now both his lack of movement and emotion made her feel that something was very wrong with him. He didn’t seem to be the same man she had befriended but she thought that a change like that couldn’t happen just like that. It was like one minute he had been the curious Englishman that she had grown attached to, to a man who showed no expressions or emotions. Once again she didn’t know that if it was something to do with humans or if there was something very wrong with him. She didn’t even know if it was because of anything he had been discussing with Professor Trump but when she had last seen the two together Tucker had seemed in good spirits.

  “Are you sure you’re alright Tucker?” asked Jessica leaning over towards him so that she could get a better look at him.

  “I’m absolutely fine Jessica,” replied Tucker looking up at her blankly. He began to access more of his memories so that he could obtain better responses so that he could keep the ploy going.

  “You don’t seem alright Tucker. Maybe I should have Doctor Summers give you another check over. Maybe there’s something about Home’s atmosphere that is making you a little off.”

  “There’s no need for that. I’m as fit as a horse, as sound as a pound, as cool as a fool in a swimming pool.”

  Due to the rhyming of the words it could not translate too well for Jessica so she couldn’t fully understand the meaning of the statements but she knew that a horse was a creature from Earth. That was as far as she knew about it and she didn’t know whether it was traditionally a healthy or sickly animal. But from the way he had been saying the statements she thought that they had positive meanings so she took his word for it for now but she definitely wanted to keep an eye on him. The last thing she wanted him to do was to fall ill and suffer some kind of horrendous disease. He had been injected with a serum that helped boost his immune system when he first came to Home. Without it he would have succumbed to a virus within days, maybe even hours. His immune system had never experienced anything like the bacteria that lived on Home and he would have died a horrible death. The same had happened when Europeans first travelled to the Americas. They carried the smallpox virus with them and accidentally infected the native population that had no immunity to the virus. Countless people died and Tucker would have suffered a similar fate.

  The rest of the meal was eaten in silence and as soon as they finished Jessica took a few moments to wash up the plates and cutlery before it was time to go back to work. Once again when she looked at Tucker he was just sitting calmly in his seat and wasn’t moving at all. He was still looking at her and as she walked around the table she noticed that his neck was at a strange angle. His head had been completely following her the entire time and at one point she was directly behind him and his head had completely turned one hundred and eighty degrees so that he could still see her. She almost jumped out of her skin when she saw him do this and she had to take a step away from him just to gather her thoughts.

  “H-how can you do that?” asked Jessica. She knew that his neck should have broken since his head had been completely turned around.

  “I am human,” replied Tucker once again with no emotion. “We all can do this, I am sorry that I did not mention it before, I apologise if I’ve frightened you.”

  “It’s alright little man. You just caught me by surprise that’s all but please if you can do anything else freaky just tell me before you do it.”

  “I will keep that in mind my dear. May I ask how long it has been since you left your training session?”

  “About forty five minutes I think.” She had found this to be a strange request and it further raised her suspicions but she didn’t think that it was anything sinister. She just thought that he was still feeling unwell and that was when she decided that despite what he said she was going to take him to see Doctor Summers again and she wouldn’t take no for an answer. If he really resisted she would have no choice but to take him there herself and make sure that he stayed there. She didn’t like having to use her size and strength to threaten people or make them do things that they didn’t want to do but in this circumstance she was more than willing to make an exception. “Why do you ask?”

  “Oh no reason. No reason at all.”

  “OOOOKay I think we should head back before I get in trouble again.” She gently rested Tucker in her hand and he sat with his feet dangling over the side. But one thing that she did notice when she picked him up was that he felt cold. He did have some heat in his body temperature but it was definitely lower than usual. She thought that it was another reason why Tucker was acting so strange and he was just being too egotistical to admit that he wasn’t feeling well. She had known men who didn’t like to admit when they were ill or hurt.

  Jessica herself had never been ill ever since she first became a giantess. Although the people of Home had enhanced immune systems they still suffered from illnesses from time to time but only rarely were they deadly. Due to Jessica’s size she was far too big for any bacteria or viruses to infect her. Once she was even exposed to a virus that was extremely deadly and her body had been able to fight it before she felt any symptoms. This was another reason why she was considered to be one of the most healthy people on Home. 

  As Jessica left her apartment to go back to the facility Tucker sat in her hand still not saying a single word. Without moving his head he was mapping everything around him and he could see normal size people walking past Jessica with a few of them looking up at her and waving. She would politely look down and wave back and he imagined what it would be like when he had this kind size and power.

  He also found it unimaginable that someone of her size would just treat everyone as equals rather than ruling over them as the Goddess that she was. If he had her size and power he would have used it long ago to conquer everything that he saw in front of him but the fact that she hadn’t done that seemed to completely confuse him. He had seen through the memories of both his current host and that of Agent Daniels that she was in truth what many would consider to be a big softy.

  As Jessica entered the facility Tucker expected her to walk towards where she was to be briefed for her next mission but instead she went in the opposite direction. She had told him the previous night that they were going to go on a mission together but she was going the wrong way. He looked up to her and he could tell from her face that there had been some kind of mistake but there were still a couple of minutes before he would be able to transfer his consciousness into her.

  “Where are we going?” asked Tucker. “This isn’t the way to the vortex generators.” It took a moment for her to look down at him and when she did her expression was that of some disappointment.

  “Sorry little guy but you say that you’re perfectly fine but I just can’t believe you,” replied Jessica. She continued to walk towards where Doctor Summer’s office was located. Her long strides were making the journey incredibly short.

  “That is not necessary. I told you that I’m perfectly fine.”

  “No you’re not Tucker.” Her expression changed to one of determination. “Ever since the training session ended you’ve been acting strangely and despite what you say I believe that there really is something wrong with you and I won’t stop worrying until I find out what it is.”

  “But what about your mission?” He thought that this would at least postpone his visit to Doctor Summers but her expression didn’t change at all.

  “My mission can wait, your health is my only concern.”

  He wanted to continue to argue his case but there didn’t seem to be any point to it. He knew that there was nothing that he could say or do that would make her change her mind. That was one of her good traits. No matter what she needed to do if someone needed help she would stop everything and help them to the best of her abilities. On more than one occasion she had helped strangers who needed assistance. In her mind no problem was too big or too small for her and that she would help anyone she could.

  Tucker was a little anxious about going for this medical check-up. He wasn’t sure whether there were any instruments that would be able to detect the presence of the Entity. There was only a small risk but it was still a risk he did not wish to take when he was so close to obtaining the perfect host. There were only a few minutes remaining before he could transfer his consciousness again so he decided that he needed to stall her somehow but with her determination it would be difficult for him. He only needed to distract her for mere minutes before he could go further with his plans.

  There was only one idea that Tucker could come up with at that moment in time and although it definitely wasn’t going to be the smartest idea that he had ever come up with it would serve his purpose nonetheless. Since Jessica had no grasp on him moved to her sleeve and pulled it up. Before the gentle giantess could realise what was happening Tucker had begun to crawl up her arm.

  “Tucker what are you doing!” asked Jessica with much surprise in her voice. She attempted to grab his leg it disappeared within her sleeve. Tucker grabbed onto her soft flesh and continued to crawl up his arm with absolutely no concern for his own safety. To him his body didn’t matter to him because within a couple of minutes he would have a new, almost unstoppable body for him. If Tucker were to die it would make no difference to him, the human was only a means to an end.

  Jessica had stopped walking and was trying everything that she could to get Tucker out from her sleeve. She attempted to grab him but with the fabric of her uniform she was unable to get him off her arm. He held on for dear life and would climb up her arm further whenever he had the opportunity and his only goal was to stall her. She didn’t want to shake her arm since it would likely cause Tucker an injury but she was starting to get somewhat annoyed. People below her were passing and taking note but none of them truly knew the severity of the situation. They didn’t realise that they would be close to almost certain doom.

  “Tucker get out of there right now before I REALLY lose my temper!” said Jessica angrily as she continued to try and get Tucker off her arm and back into her hand. She didn’t know why he was acting like this but all she wanted to do was get him safely back into her hand, but she was going to give him a stern talking to before she went any further.

  At one point Jessica had her fingers around Tucker and she tried to drag him down her sleeve but her fingers kept slipping and Tucker resisted her every step of the way. He did notice how soft and comfortable Jessica’s flesh was and it would be something else that he would enjoy when he came into possession of her body.

  But eventually Jessica was able to get a good grasp of Tucker and started to pull him down. He had gotten to her elbow and if his goal had been to climb up to her shoulder his efforts would have had much to be desired. But for the goal that he had in mind it couldn’t have worked any better. His shenanigans had wasted the precious few minutes that he needed and he felt a familiar feeling throughout his body that indicated that he could transfer his consciousness into another body again.

  Just before he could start the process, Jessica had been able to push him down far enough until his leg popped out of her sleeve and she quickly grabbed it and pulled him out of her sleeve. Her long fingers grasped around him and he lifted her up to her eye level and this was the first time that Tucker had ever seen her angry. His little act had not gone well with her and if Tucker had been aware of what was happening he would have probably been very nervous but since his very soul had been stored away and replaced he felt nothing.

  “Just what do you think you were doing!” said Jessica in a relatively loud voice. She wasn’t shouting at him but her tone of voice was an easy indicator that she wasn’t very happy with him. “Of all the stupid things you could have done, you could have gotten yourself hurt or worse. I would have never been able to live with myself if I hurt you.” As she glared at him she noticed that he seemed to be unmoved with what she was saying and this seemed to anger her even more. “Are you even listening to me?” But her voice seemed to be falling on deaf ears as Tucker seemingly ignored her.

  Suddenly Jessica felt a strange sensation take over her entire body. The sensation had taken over her so quickly that she didn’t even have time to react. All she could see was Tucker give her a quick smile before seemingly falling unconscious within her hand. Everything that made Jessica who she was, was being scrubbed cleaned and stored deep within the recesses of her mind and being replaced with something new, something evil. The entire process only took a fraction of a second but it was all the time that was needed. Jessica Snape  remained the same on the outside, but on the inside everything about her had been replaced by a being with no conscience of what he was about to do.