- Text Size +

 A gentle humming sound woke Tucker up and he slowly opened his eyes and everything seemed fuzzy at first. Within seconds his vision returned and he realised that he wasn’t in his flat anymore. His memories began to flood back to him and he sat up in bed. The room was very bright and he knew that it was morning. 


 Tucker slowly got out of the bed and looked over to Jessica’s giant bed and he was surprised to see that it was empty. It had not been made yet and looked to be a mess. He could still hear the humming noise except it wasn’t a mechanical humming, it seemed to be someone actually humming to a tune. It took him a couple of moments to realise that it was Jessica who was humming.


 He could also smell what seemed to be cooking, he didn’t know what exactly was being cooked but it smelled delicious. He closed his eyes and breathed in so he could smell the cooking. It smelled better than anything he had smelt in any restaurant.


 A few minutes later the bedroom door opened and Jessica walked in wearing a long pink dressing gown over her nightie. She had come in to wake Tucker but she saw that he was already out of bed and seemingly standing on the set of drawers with his back to the door. He didn’t notice her come in and she slowly walked towards him. She then leaned down until she was just behind him.
 “Morning,” said Jessica.


 This caused Tucker to jump in fright. He quickly turned around and looked at Jessica and he could see her giggling. She then stood back up to her full height and she continued to giggle. Tucker didn’t find the experience funny and just stood there with his arms crossed. But it didn’t seem to deter the giantess in front of him.


 “You shouldn’t do that,” grunted Tucker. “I almost shit myself.”


 “Oh don’t be such a big baby,” replied Jessica with a smile on her face. “I was only having a little fun.” She then took a dressing gown out of her pocket, it was small enough to fit Tucker and she placed it on his bed. “Breakfast is ready and then you have your tests.”


 “Please don’t remind me. Just the thought of it is making my stomach turn.” The fact that there were going to be needles involved still made him feel very uneasy. He had hated them for as long as he could remember.


 Jessica then picked up Tucker and rested him in the palm of her hand. Her hand still felt soft and very comfortable. She still looked pretty although her hair was a little out of place since she had been to sleep. But before she would take him to breakfast there was a few things that she had to tell him first.


 “Before we do anything else I want to lay down the law,” said Jessica with a stern face. “You’re going to be living under my roof for the next thirty days so you’re going to have to stick to my rules. First there is no swearing in my apartment. I’ll let you off a moment ago but after that there will no tolerance.”


 “Err Ok,” replied Tucker.


 “Second you’re going to have either a bath or a shower every day.”


  “You’re talking to me as if I was a bloody child.” 


 Jessica’s expression didn’t change and she wasn’t happy that he had swore again and was thinking about a punishment. But for the moment she couldn’t think of anything that was appropriate so for this last time she was going to let him get away with it. But this wouldn’t have again.


 “As long as you’re with me I’m not going to let you get all dirty and smelly,” said Jessica in a strict tone. “Third if you need to go from one place to the other tell me before you do anything. I don’t want to accidentally step on you.” She then cleared her throat. “Last but certainly not least you have to tell me I’m pretty every day.”


 “W-What?” replied Tucker with some confusion.


 Jessica then began to giggle. “Ok I admit that one is optional but the others aren’t. Do you understand.”


 “Yeah sure.” He didn’t take much notice of what she had been saying but Jessica’s stern look returned and he saw that she was being serious. “Ok yes I understand.”


 “Good.” Her expression changed instantly and she seemed to be happy. “Now let’s have some breakfast.”


 Jessica gently walked outside the bedroom and took Tucker to the table that was in the kitchen. On the table he saw that Jessica had prepared a nice warm breakfast, although he didn’t recognise the food he didn’t much care since he was extremely hungry.  He also saw that a small table had been placed on the much larger table. The small table was small enough for Tucker to sit at comfortably and he saw that there was an equally proportioned chair right next to it. The plate and cutlery were also small enough for him and this made him pleased. He hated to use his hands to eat his food.


 A few times Tucker had to remind himself that it was not him who had been shrunk but that everything around him was gigantic. It was sometimes hard to remind himself since there weren’t many things around him that were his size.


 As Tucker sat down he watched Jessica do the same. He watched her begin to eat her breakfast before he looked down at his own. It reminded him of something he had once seen in a cooking show. He didn’t know where to start but he picked up his fork and began to think. He wondered if anything would move when he tried to eat as if something on his plate were alive. He had seen that in the movies but this was real life no matter how bizarre things looked right now.


 Eventually Tucker took a bite out of his breakfast and instantly a burst of flavour exploded in his mouth. He wasn’t sure exactly what he was tasting but whatever it was he was loving every second of it. He continued to eat his breakfast and before he knew it he had finished his entire plate. When he looked up he saw Jessica smiling at him and like him she had also finished eating her breakfast.


 “Did you enjoy that Tucker?” she asked.


 “Oh my God Jessica that was the best breakfast I’ve ever had,” replied Tucker.

“Better than that crappy breakie at the café.”


 Jessica then cleared her throat in frustration. “Rule number one little man.”


 “Oh sorry.”


 “Swear again and you’ll get a time out.”


 “Err OK.” He didn’t like being talked to like a child but he didn’t want to make her angry. He didn’t know enough about to know how she would react. He had to think for a moment so that he find a way to change the subject. “Did you make this all yourself?”


 “Yep.” She no longer seemed to be frustrated. “It took a little while but it’s well worth it. Readymade food just doesn’t have the same taste as one you fully prepare yourself, don’t you agree?”


 “Err sure.”


 Tucker had never truly cooked for himself. Most of the food he did cook was the very ready meals that Jessica was talking about. He had never been able to prepare proper food since he couldn’t cook. He had always eaten out of cooked something so simple that a child could do it. He was a little embarrassed that he couldn’t cook but he didn’t want to tell Jessica about it.


 A few minutes later Tucker continued to sit at the table while Jessica cleaned up from breakfast. He felt a little guilty letting her do all the work but there wasn’t much he could do. He was too small to help her in anyway and she had already told him to stay where he was. He had a good view as she washed the dishes and she even dropped the oversized sponge on the ground. He watched as she bent over and picked it up and he saw a good view of her buttocks. He wasn’t trying to spy on her but it was very difficult to miss. She then stood back up to her full height and looked at him and smiled.


 “Are you ready Tucker?” she asked.


 “For what?” replied Tucker with some confusion.


 “For your medical tests. I know you still need to get washed and changed before you go anywhere but are you ready for me to take you to the bathroom?”


 “I guess so.” He still didn’t want to go through with the medical tests. The thought of the needles sent a shiver down his spine. “Are you going to be there?”


 “Well…” She paused for a moment. “I’m afraid not I have training to complete. But as soon as I’m finished I’ll be right with you. Besides if everything goes to plan you may be able to go on a mission with me?”


 “Go…on…a…mission with you?”


 “Sure since I have to supervise you it means I have to take you on my missions.” She then walked towards him and it only took a few steps for her to reach the table. “You’re a very lucky man since you’re going to be the first of your people to travel to different planets and dimensions. In a way you should be honoured.”


 “Are you serious?” What he was hearing was amazing. He never thought that he would be going on missions with Jessica never mind seeing things that people had only dreamed of seeing. “Will I actually meet aliens?”


 “Err no, you see we’ll be cloaked so no one will see us.” Once again she paused for a moment. “Well only an extremely small amount of people will see us but we have a strict policy of none interference. We are only meant to observe and take samples and only act if there is no other choice.”


 “Will it be dangerous?”


 “No it won’t, as long as no one sees us we’ll be just fine. And even on the very unlikelihood that we do run into trouble you’ll have me to protect you.” She then lowered her hand and placed it right next to where Tucker was sitting. “While you’re with me no one will harm you that I promise.”


 All Tucker could do was smile at her. He had met a truly rare person, not the fact that she was so large but the fact that she seemed to be the nicest person he had ever met. Never had he met someone who was so willing to protect someone that they didn’t know. At no point had he ever felt frightened or intimidated by her. Whenever she was around he always felt that he was safe.


 He slowly got up from the chair and walked onto Jessica’s hand and she gently lifted him up until he was around chest height to her. She then walked out of the kitchen and took Tucker into the bathroom once more. She allowed him to do his business in privacy before again bringing in more clothes that were the right size for him. This time she had given him a pair of jeans, a plain white t-shirt and a pair of black shoes.


 As Tucker clothed himself Jessica went back into her bedroom so that she could also change her clothes. He had to wait a minute for her to return to the bathroom but when she did arrive he was surprised with what she was wearing. He had expected her to be in normal clothes but this time she was wearing a light blue and yellow one piece suit with yellow gloves and boots. On the suit the yellow strip covered her chest and went from her shoulders down to her crotch and upper part of her inner thighs. It also had a zip that went from the crotch all the way up to her neck. Her hair had also been tied back in a ponytail. For a moment the little man was speechless. Jessica wondered exactly what had gotten Tucker into this state. She was concerned about him so she crouched down so that she was at his level. He was standing by the kitchen sink and stared at her for the moment.


 “Are you alright?” asked Jessica with concern.


 “What are you wearing?” replied Tucker in amazement.


 “Oh this?” She looked down at her suit and then looked back at him. “Oh this is what I’m suppose to wear when I’m training or going on missions.”


 “You weren’t wearing that yesterday.”


 “Well I was going out literally just after the mission so my boss let me wear my going out clothes. But normally this is the uniform I have to wear and besides.” She then took a couple of steps back and put her hands on her hips so she could pull a pose. “I look so darn good in it. What do you think?”


 “I think you look like a comic book superhero.”


 Jessica looked at him with a confusing look for a moment. Once again she had not fully understood what he had said to her. “What’s a comic book?” She wasn’t sure whether what he said was a compliment or an insult.


 “Err.” It was difficult for Tucker to fully describe what a comic book was to her so he decided that now wasn’t exactly the best time. “I’ll tell you later.” He then looked at her suit one more time. “You look good in that.”


 “Thanks I designed it myself.” She then gently picked Tucker up and rested him in her hand. “We better get going anyway, I don’t want to be late and I’m already in enough trouble with you hitching a ride last night.”


 Tucker still felt guilty over what had happened the previous night. He had never intended for Jessica to be reprimanded for his actions but she didn’t seem to mind him being around. He was also enjoying her company and the fact that she was being so nice to him. Anyone else would have most likely been angry with him but so far she had yet to even raise her voice to him.

 

 Even now he was completely safe in Jessica’s soft hand. He just sat there as she left her apartment and walked down the long corridor towards where she worked. Since she wasn’t wearing heels she could just get under the doorframe of her apartment without ducking. If she was a couple of feet taller she would have to duck. He wondered if she was still growing or if this was as tall as she was going to get.


 Once again a few people waved and greeted Jessica as she walked past them and she did the same to them. She seemed to be really popular in the area and she knew everyone by name. Tucker himself had some difficulties remembering names but Jessica didn’t have a problem at all, she had greeted at least ten people by the time she had reached her destination and she had not forgotten a single name.


 Like the night before Tucker found himself in the large warehouse like room where he could see people going about on their work. There were a few people wearing uniforms that were somewhat similar to the one Jessica was wearing but they had different colour schemes and other variations. He knew that they were most likely agents like Jessica was and he even saw Chloe on the far side of the hall. He could see her using her stretching powers to reach up to a console that was on the level above her.


 After a couple of minutes Tucker could see what he had been dreading, by now Jessica had reached a staircase where another man in a white coat and a couple of agents were waiting for him. Jessica was far too big to use the staircase but it was perfect for someone of normal stature. Tucker could see that the staircase led up to another floor and through the glass walls he could see what looked like the medi-lab. He could see that it was busy with doctors and patients although most were behind curtains that that they couldn’t be seen. He could also see a couple of doctors with syringes and this made his heart rate increase dramatically.


 Jessica crouched down and slowly lowered Tucker onto the ground. He was reluctant to actually step off her hand but eventually he had the courage to do so and a little bit of inspiration from the giantess herself.


 The man in the white coat was much different to the ones he had seen the night before. This man was an old man roughly in his sixties and he had white hair and a beard. The two agents with him were also different from the night before, one was a very tall muscular man and the other was a woman who was petite and looked small compared to the other agent. Both their suits were mainly black and the scientist with them greeted Tucker with a pleasant smile

.
 “Good morning sir my name is Doctor Summers,” he said in a pleasant voice. “I see that Agent Snape has brought you here on time and you seem to be in good health. I have heard about your fear of needles so I will try and make the tests go as smoothly as possible.”


 “Who are they?” replied Tucker. He pointed towards the two agents who were standing behind Doctor Summers.


 “Agent Barnes and Agent Carpenter are here for my protection as well as your own. Now I suggest we start straight away so that Agent Snape can go to her training sessions.”


 Tucker looked up at Jessica and she smiled back down at him. “Don’t worry Tucker I’ll be right back here when you’re finished,” she said while she stood up to her full height. “I’ll see you in a little while and if you you’re feeling low just remember that when you’re finished you get to go on a mission. Besides Doctor Summers is one of the best doctors we have he’ll take good care of you.” She turned around and began to walk away but for one last moment she looked back at Tucker. “Bye now be good.”


 When Jessica had left Tucker turned back to Doctor Summers and the two agents. Doctor Summers held out his hand to signal that Tucker needed to follow him. He was nervous at first but he felt something in his head that made him feel more reassured. This was due to Agent Carpenter using her telepathic powers to keep Tucker calm. She wasn’t trying to control his body but instead keep him from panicking. He still had his own free will but his anxiety was being kept to a minimal.


 Now somewhat docile Tucker followed Doctor Summers up the staircase and the other agents followed close behind them. Agent Barnes constantly had his eye on Tucker, he had witnessed how he reacted the previous night and was still uneasy with him, but if anything did happen Agent Barnes was gifted with superhuman that rivalled Jessica’s. He was more than capable of taking care of Tucker if things went out of hand.


 Agent Carpenter continually used her telepathy to keep Tucker calm. She hated hijacking people’s minds so she tried to keep her influence to a minimal. But as they reached the top of the staircase Tucker could see the medi-lab and he began to become nervous again. He remembered a breathing technique he had been taught to calm himself down.


 As the group walked through the medi-lab Tucker could see technology that he thought could never exist. He saw several patients being treated by machines being supervised by fully trained doctors. They were performing techniques that would be very difficult for even the most trained doctors to perform. He saw a man with green scales all over his body and he reminded him much of a lizard. He figured that he was either some kind of alien or an agent who had been injured.


 Eventually they reached what Tucker assumed to be Doctor Summer’s office. He could see a desk at the far side of the room and a series of fantastical machines all around the area. He had no idea what they were for but he assumed that they were for medical purposes. There were two chairs at the desk, one was for Doctor Summers and the other was for a patient which for now was Tucker.


 “Now before we go any further please tell me your name and age please,” said Doctor Summers as he pulled a drawer out from his desk. 


 “My name is Tucker Martel and I am thirty five years old,” replied Tucker. He didn’t think it was all that important but he wasn’t a doctor. But only seconds after telling Doctor Summers his name and age he saw the doctor take out a syringe. Almost instantly his heart rate began to increase but due to Agent Carpenter’s influence he was remaining calm even when the doctor walked back towards him.


 “I know you don’t like needles Mr Martel but I thought that it was best to get it out of the way. I just need to draw a blood sample then it’ll be all over.” Tucker reluctantly stretched his arm and closed his eyes, for a moment he didn’t feel anything but then he felt the prick in his arm and a small amount of pain for a couple of seconds before it subsided. When he opened his eyes again he saw that Doctor Summers had drawn some blood from him and the small syringe was almost full. “Very good Mr Martel now we need to perform a few more tests before we’re done.”


 “Are there anymore needles?” 


 “There are x-rays, a CAT scan and a physical but there is no need to use any syringes.” He then smiled at Tucker. “For you my friend the worse is over.”


 This came as a welcome relief to Tucker. Ever since he could remember he had been afraid of needles but this time it didn’t seem to be so bad. He didn’t know whether this was due to his own willpower or Agent Carpenter’s influence. Although he was feeling good about the fact that he got the syringe business out of the way a part of him wanted to get back to Jessica. Every moment he was away from her he felt that he was lost in this vast world and his guide had abandoned him. The thought of her returning made him feel better but for now he felt alone.

 Seemingly far away from where Tucker was being tested Jessica was running towards what seemed to be a collapsed building. She could hear people screaming for help and it made her more determined to help any survivors. She seemed to be outside in the glorious sunshine but what she was facing was nothing short of horrific. She could hear explosions coming from the city around her but she was only focused on helping the survivors. It was like the city was in the middle of a warzone and everyone was suffering.


 After several moments Jessica eventually reached the demolished building and she began to use her huge size and strength to remove boulder sized debris to one side in an attempt to locate survivors. Many of the people she found were already dead but eventually she found a little girl who was still alive and sobbing from her injuries. Jessica gently picked her up and lifted her out of the building. She made sure that she was safe in her hand and the little girl didn’t seem to be afraid of the colossal woman holding her. Jessica tried to smile in an attempt to keep the girl calm.


 “It’s OK little girl you’re safe now,” said Jessica in a sweet voice. “I have you.”
 “P-please my mommy is hurt,” cried the little girl. “She’s still in there. Please save her she’s all I have in the world.”


 “Don’t worry I’ll find your mommy.” She then placed the little girl on the ground away from the building. “Stay here the paramedics will be here soon.”


 Jessica’s attentions went back to the building. She shifted through the debris searching for anymore survivors. But as time went on she wasn’t finding anything that would bring good news. She was so focused on finding the survivors she didn’t notice a futuristic aircraft fly above her. Moments later it dropped a bomb from its cargo hold and it began to drop down to the ground


 Before Jessica realised what was happening the bomb hit the ground just a few metres away from her and exploded with a huge flash and release of energy. The little girl was obliterated almost immediately but blast didn’t hurt Jessica at all but everything around her was destroyed. She stood back up to her full height and she had a disappointed look on her face, it was the look of failure. Everything around her was completely obliterated as if it had never been there.


 “End program,” said Jessica with a sigh of disappointment. Suddenly the area around her began to disappear in a flash of light. Within seconds she was alone in a huge featureless room with grey walls and floor. The ceiling was high enough for her to stand up and the room was large enough for her to lie down in.


 This room wasn’t any normal room but a training simulator created to train the agents in almost every conceivable scenario. Everything Jessica had seen had been a computer holographic generation that looked and felt like the real thing. Inside the room when a simulation was running the area of the room expanded to whatever the simulator was programmed to. A program could be the size of a small country and take an agent from a variety of different landscapes from a jungle to the mountains to the desert. There were even some programs that would take an agent to the bottom of the sea.


 Jessica had experienced almost all of these simulations over the years but she never liked it when someone died because of her actions. Even though the people who had died were only simulations it always made her think that it could happen in the real world when she was either on a mission or attempting to rescue people. 

Chapter End Notes: