- Text Size +

  The mood of the interview changed in an instant. Dawn no longer seemed to be the lost little girl that she had been a few moments ago. Agent Carpenter didn’t need to be a physic to see that Dawn had a deep hatred for her own mother. It was sad to think that someone who was as nice and gentle as Jessica could have a daughter that would hate her so much. She could see how Jessica would have problems controlling her enormous daughter. Jessica was indeed a giantess but she would look like a dwarf in comparison to Dawn. If she had one of her mood swings she could see that it would be difficult for anyone to keep her in control. She was also in some disbelief that Dawn was actually the daughter of both Jessica and Tucker but as she looked more at Dawn’s face she could see the resemblance. Dawn had more of her father’s features rather than Jessica’s. She had Tucker’s eyes and ears but she had a couple of Jessica’s facial features, sadly for her not enough to be as beautiful as her mother. The only main thing she had inherited from Jessica was her size even though she was much, much taller. She didn’t seem to have her mother’s large breasts and for Jessica that would have been fine but that was not the case for Dawn. She had wanted larger breasts so that she would have been more popular with the boys but her breasts were quite small in comparison to the rest of her body. The only thing that Agent Carpenter could not see was where she could have gotten her hair colour from, Jessica was a brunette and Tucker had black hair but Dawn’s hair was as white as snow. She didn’t know if Tucker had a gene inside him that allowed someone to have white hair or that it could be some kind of mutation due to her mixed genetics. She had even considered that Dawn might be an albino but her skin was not as white as her hair and her pupils were not pink.

  “Y-you can’t stay here,” said Agent Carpenter still fathoming what she had just heard. “I’m no scientist but I think that you staying here is going to cause some kind of time paradox. If you stay here then Agent Snape will still be in limbo and won’t have the opportunity to have intercourse with your father and give birth to you. You may soon cease to exist and I’m not sure if that’s going to be a good or bad thing. We hope that it doesn’t come to that but we will do all we can to send you back to your own time if you leave us no choice.”

  “You can’t force me to go back,” replied Dawn with defiance. “I don’t care if I never see my mom or Graham again. As long as I have my dad and Lucky I’m going to stay here. I don’t care if I cause a time paradox , I’ve been waiting my entire life to be with my dad and my mom took that away from me. Now I’m here and she’s not and I intend that to stay that way.”

  “You can’t possibly mean that,” answered Agent Orton still trying to keep Dawn calm but it was like trying to close the gate after the horse had bolted. “Agent Snape is your mother; surely you don’t truly hate her.”

  “I do hate her! My life is miserable because of her.” More tears began to roll down her cheek. “Not only did she keep my dad away from me but it’s her fault that I’m a fucking giant! I never wanted to be big; at least when she became a giant she had some choice in the matter! I didn’t have that, I was born a giant and throughout my life I’ve never been able to do things that normal girls do! I couldn’t go to sleepovers or play any sports; I was always the giant loser that everyone was too afraid to be around!” She closed her eyes as more tears rolled down her cheeks. “Lucky here is the only one I can call my true friend, he’s never called me a freak or been afraid to be around me because of my size. He’s been my friend ever since he laid eyes on me.” She looked down and saw Lucky still cowering with some fear but he could tell that she was talking about him in a good way and it seemed to make his fear evaporate. He cooed as she looked down at him but eventually she did look at the agents once again. “Probably the closest thing I have to an actually person friend is Graham.”

  “You’ve mentioned this Graham a couple of times. Who is he?”

  “Like I said he’s the closest thing I have to an actual friend besides Lucky. He’s like super smart and we have a little agreement with each other. He helps me with my schoolwork and I stop him from being bullied. He’s a cute little guy and I think he has a crush on me but he’s definitely the smartest person I know. Possibly smarter than any scientist you guys have, he’s the one who was able to send me back here. He told me all the stuff to do with time travelling but it was long and hard for me to understand. I don’t know all that science crap, all I knew was that it gave me the opportunity to see my dad again.”

  “Sounds to me that’s he’s not so smart.” He could see that his statement had made Dawn a little annoyed. “If he was intelligent like you said he wouldn’t have just let you use a time machine like that. Even he would know that there was a great risk sending you back to our time. Just your mere presence here could have changed the future in more ways than I could dare imagine.”

  “Well he didn’t exactly allow me to use it.” She turned her face away for a moment as she began to feel guilty. She wasn’t truly the wicked woman she was portraying herself to me. She said that she didn’t care about Graham or her mother but deep down that was not the case. She had been saying all that more out of spite rather than sincerely meaning them. It took her a further few moments before she could look at the agents again. “He’s a sweet little guy who will do more or less anything for me. He even said that he was going to find a way to shrink me down but I knew that he wouldn’t let me use his time travelling device so I borrowed it off him. I was going to give it back to him but now I’m not going to leave, not while my dad is here.”

  Suddenly Agent Carpenter began to feel something in her head. She recognised it as someone trying to signal her and she responded by placing her fingertips to her forehead as she focused her telepathy. Dawn watched her and she didn’t know what was happening and she thought that something bad was about to happen to her. She tried again to force her hands out of her cuffs but the metal was too strong for her to break. She also wanted to stand up but the ceiling was far too low for her. It reminded much of the apartment where she lived with her mother. Although it was built up to their scale Dawn had grown so much in such a short amount of time she could no longer stand up straight in her own home. The last time she had spoken to her mother she had another argument. Although Jessica had remained calm throughout the entire argument Dawn had lost her temper once again and purposely stood up to her full height. It didn’t take too much effort for her to break through the ceiling, when she was her full height her head and shoulders were completely out of view and it left Jessica with an expensive repair bill.

  After Agent Carpenter had finished receiving her message she relayed it to Agent Orton so that they did not have to speak out loud. This was so that Dawn couldn’t hear what they were discussing and already she knew that whatever they were talking about was not going to end well for her. She could see them forcing her to go back to her own time but she would not go without a fight. She had come too far to let anyone get in the way of her being with her father.

  “That is all for today Miss Snape,” said Agent Carpenter after the telepathic conversation with Agent Orton had finished. “We will continue this discussion in the morning, for now you will be un-cuffed so that you can eat and sleep more comfortably. We apologise for not having a bed that’s up to your stature but this is the best we could do on such short notice. Farewell for now.”

  The wall that separated Dawn from the agents became solid once again and she couldn’t see them. Almost instantly the cuffs that had kept her hands immobilised unlocked themselves and her hands were finally free. She rubbed her wrists where the cuffs had rubbed her and she could see some bruising, but one thing that she had inherited from Jessica was her accelerated healing powers. Although she couldn’t instantly heal from an injury it would still be a short amount of time before she was fully healed. Like Jessica if she broke a bone a normal person would take weeks, maybe months to heal. For Dawn it would only take a couple of days at the most and she couldn’t heal from an injury that was fatal. Her bruises would probably only last for a few hours but all Dawn could do now was wait for her food to arrive. She was hungry again but she didn’t want to use her abilities just yet. From the interview she realised that the agents had never asked her about her ability to change the size of inanimate objects. She knew that the only reason that they hadn’t asked her was because they didn’t know about them. She guessed that Tucker had not told them about that part so she thought that she could use it to her advantage.

  The first thing Dawn tried to do was stand up but as expected the ceiling prevented her from reaching her full height. She pushed against the ceiling in hopes that she could break through much like she did during her last argument with her mother. Unfortunately for her, whatever the cell was made out of was much stronger than she had expected and she couldn’t break through. Before she even attempted to break through the ceiling she made sure that Lucky was safe under the bed so that he wasn’t crushed by any falling debris. No matter what she did his safety and wellbeing was constantly on her mind. If she ever lost Lucky she didn’t know how she would be able to function but she knew that she wouldn’t be able to be with him forever. For Lucky’s species the average lifespan was around twenty years and he had been with her for a decade. They had roughly another ten years together but things could become strained for them. Dawn was going to have a problem interacting with Lucky since she was still growing and unfortunately for her Jessica’s longevity had finally kicked in. She had aged at a normal pace until she was eighteen but now her body’s aging had slowed to a crawl which meant that like her mother Dawn would live for a few thousand years before succumbing to old age. It also meant that she had a few thousand years of growth to look forward to, she had grown so much in such a short amount of time recently that she couldn’t fathom just how large she would become. She could see herself growing so tall that the deepest oceans on Home would only come up to her knees. Much like Earth, Home had oceans that were miles deep and the deepest ocean could go down for six miles. By then she would most likely be so big that she wouldn’t be able to breathe in Home’s atmosphere, she just hoped that sometime in the future something could be discovered to shrink her or at least stop her growth. One night she had even seen that she had grown so large that her mother Jessica was no bigger than a speck on her fingertip. She could hear her mother trying to shout her but Dawn was so large that she couldn’t hear her colossal mother. She could see that she was floating right next to Home itself with all the other planets in the local solar system within arm’s reach. She reached out and tapped Home with just a fingertip and almost instantly the planet began to crumble and she could hear the screams of the billions of inhabitants as their lives came to an end. She could also hear her mother screaming about the destruction of Home but Dawn could still not hear what she was saying. Then she felt a surge run through her body as she saw the universe around her shrink once again. She didn’t know if this dream was just a nightmare or an omen of things to come.

  Meanwhile some minutes later in a conference room inside the facility a very important discussion was taking place. Amongst the attendees were three high ranking military personnel, Agents Carpenter and Orton along with a Doctor Crilly who was the head of the R&D department for the company. His team had been studying the wrist device that Dawn had brought with her from the future along with her other effects. The General at the head of the table was the same one that Tucker had met as soon as he first came to Home. His name was General Fields and he was the highest ranking military personnel who were tied to Parks Incorporated. As a sign of how diverse the Home military were one of the high ranking Generals was a woman, this was something that was practically unheard of on Earth.

  Before the discussion could even begin all six people confirmed their identities and all other devices were turned off. Everything that was discussed here would be classified beyond top secret. Everyone attending had to have the highest clearance, if anyone were to be eavesdropping they would face a lengthy prison sentence. Unlike Earth there was no death penalty on Home.

  “Ladies and Gentlemen I thank you on attending this meeting on such short notice,” said General Fields standing up for a moment before sitting back down on his chair. “As you all know earlier this afternoon the peace of Home was shaken by the sudden appearance of this giantess. Whether she intended to or not her appearance has caused mass panic and millions in property damage. As Agent Carpenter has been most generous enough to share with us we now know that this giantess is not of our time. This is why this meeting has been called, we need to make a decision now on what shall be done with her.” He looked over to Agent Orton who was sitting on the far side of the table. “I’ll allow you to begin Agent Orton since you and Agent Carpenter have been interviewing her at length. Do you see her as a threat to Home’s security?”

  “From what Agent Carpenter and I have determined is that Dawn as she’s called may pose a threat to Home’s security,” replied Agent Orton still sitting in his seat. “But we fear that she could do much harm by simply being here rather than her actually causing any physical damage. She has revealed to us that she is the daughter of Agent Snape and Mr Martel.”

  “What how is that even possible?” asked one of the other Generals. This general had an oriental look to him and was still relatively young. He had risen through the ranks at almost lightning pace.

  “We’re not sure but she also tells us that as long as she remains in our time Agent Snape is in a state of non-existence. I believe she called it a matter substitute or something like that but as I said while she is here Agent Snape is in a limbo state.”

  “Why did she even come here in the first place?” asked General Fields with some anxiety. The information he was hearing was new and troubling to him.

  “It seems that she is here purely to be with Mr Martel. She told us that in her time that he is deceased so she took it upon herself to come back to our time while he remained in the realm of the living.”

  “The worse thing is that she has no intention of going back to her own time,” said Agent Carpenter. She had been reading Dawn’s mind the entire interview and she could feel her anger towards Jessica. “She knows that being here could cause some kind of time paradox but she didn’t care. The girl is obsessed with being with Mr Martel and I know that she will go to any lengths to be with him. This could be extremely dangerous, I know that we have more than enough firepower to stop her but how many of our own men and women will we lose before she’s subdued. If she got into a populated area again the loss of life could be catastrophic.”

  “Hmm,” replied General Fields taking in what Agent Carpenter had said. “I see, thank you for that Agent Carpenter your talents are a valuable asset to the company, same as you Agent Orton.” His focus shifted from the Agents over to Doctor Crilly, he was a relatively young man although his hair was completely grey. He had only become one of the head scientists recently and he was still getting use to his new position. “Doctor Crilly can you shed some light on the device that the girl used to come to our time?”

  “I don’t think there is much I can share with you General,” replied Doctor Crilly pulling out a small device out of his pocket and he placed it at the centre of the table. Almost instantly everything in the room went dark and a three dimensional hologram appeared of the wrist device that Dawn had been wearing. It was very large so it was clear to see for everyone who was in attendance. “Although we most likely have the technology to build one today it would take a mind much sharper than any of ours to actually build one. If I was to look at this I would say that it would be impossible for anyone to actually travel through time using this and yet we have seen it happen. From what we’ve been able to determine it is the means that the giantess used to travel to our time but nothing much of any real importance. There are a few additional functions to the device like the mini vortex projector that was witnessed during our first encounter with her. It is not powerful enough to transport someone to a different planet but it is enough to take them several hundred miles.”

  “Can you reverse engineer the device so that we can find a way to send her back to her own time?” asked the female General.

  “We are reluctant to tamper with it General Walters. If we were to begin taking it apart we might not be able to rebuild it into a functional device once again. We could put all the parts in the right place of course but without the original blueprints or the person who actually created the device there is no guarantee that the device will function again. The only thing about it that we’re truly not sure about is how it was enlarged to fit her and then shrink down when we came to study it. From what we’ve discovered the device has no size changing capabilities. We will continue to study the device and hopefully we’ll have some more answers very soon.”

  As the hologram disappeared and the room begin to light up again a man wearing a white lab coat suddenly came through the door. This was not expected at all and was a rude entering, there were strictly no additional personnel allowed to the meeting, only those who were actually supposed to be present. The man was facing a court martial just for coming into the room without authorisation and almost instantly General Fields stood up to his feet and he was none too pleased to see this man.

  “My apologies General but there is something Doctor Crilly must attend to,” said the man with some fear in his voice. “I believe that the situation may be more dire than we had first thought.”

  “Do you realise that you have just committed a crime by entering this meeting room without authorisation,” replied the male general known as General Dixon. He was not happy to see the scientist come into the room like this. There were protocols to things like this and almost all of them had been broken.

  “Believe me General I would not have come if I did not feel that it was important. Please Doctor Crilly must come with me now, there is something that has possibly changed this entire crisis happening as we speak.”

  For a few moments there was silence, the scientist didn’t know what was going to happen next. He half expected a soldier to come in and arrest him for bursting into the room like this but instead he saw General Fields nod at each one of the attendees. Each person stood up from their chairs and looked towards the scientist. This was a good sign for him at least because it meant that they were temporarily stopping the meeting for the moment so that they could focus on the problem that he had discovered. He held his hand out towards the door indicating that he wanted them to follow him.

  A few minutes later all six of the attendees of the meeting were down in one of the many labs that the company had at their facility. This lab was very large much like a warehouse with very high ceilings and open spaces. This was required for numerous research projects that took place in this lab. This was also the lab where Dawn’s wrist device was being studied along with the contents of pouches that she had originally on her belt. At this moment in time it was still being scanned and a few scientists were still marvelling over the technology involved. It was safe to say that whoever had built it was much smarter than they were. At the centre of the lab was a very large computer which had a holographic projector rather than a screen. This computer was infinitely more powerful than any computer on Earth and it would most likely be centuries if not a millennia before humans would encounter anything like this. The computer itself was showing the entire planet of Home and there were numerous blips appearing on it. There were roughly a dozen blips but as they looked at the hologram another appeared out of nowhere. The blips weren’t around one local area but instead spread across the entire planet. The three generals and two agents who were looking at the hologram weren’t sure exactly what they were seeing but Doctor Crilly was the only one who showed concern. The scientist began to type away at the floating keyboard just in front of the hologram.

  “For the last few minutes we’ve been picking up energy signatures of an unknown origin,” said the scientist constantly looking at the hologram. The hologram Home was spinning slowly so that there was a clear view of the blips. “The energy output is like nothing that we’ve ever encountered before and most troubling of all is that that the energy output is increasing by the minute. When I first left this lab there were only four blips but now as you can see there are now there are thirteen blips. Whatever the source of the energy is it seems to be growing and multiplying at a rate that is beyond calculation.”

  “What exactly are we looking at here?” asked General Fields. His concern was growing by the second. At first he had been sceptical but with what he was seeing he knew that Home may be on the verge of a crisis that it may not be able to overcome.

  “Well when one of the blips showed up we had a satellite feed of the energy source.” With a few keystrokes a video like image appeared through the hologram and it showed a yellow tear that was growing large by the second. Right next to it was a tree and they watched as the tree seemingly began to shrink. It took them a few moments to realise that the tree wasn’t simply shrinking, its branches were becoming thinner and it’s leaves were becoming more like buds. The tree wasn’t shrinking it was getting younger before their eyes. Within seconds a tree that was as tall as a Giant Redwood had regressed until it was a seed, the tree had been hundreds of years old. If that had been a person they would have regressed before the stage of conception. For a few additional moments there was nothing but silence amongst all those in attendance. Doctor Crilly seemed to be the only one who seemed to understand what was going on.

  “W-what just happened?” asked General Fields. He was still in awe of what he had seen and if he hadn’t of known that it was a live feed that he had just watched he would have said that it was special effects.

  “Something that I fear maybe the doom of us all,” replied Doctor Crilly with a sombre voice. “As an educated guess it seems that Dawn’s very presence in our time is causing these anomalies. If what I am thinking is true this might very well be just an appetiser for what is to come.”

  “Explain yourself man, what exactly is happening?” There was more anxiety in his voice as he realised just what was happening.

  “Dawn just being in our timeline is causing time and space to literally rip themselves apart. These anomalies might be few for now but as you can see they’re spreading over Home like a plague. In places time is going in reverse, in others time is being fast forward. But eventually the anomalies will grow so powerful and numerous that time itself will cease to exist and a fear the effects will not be limited to Home. Eventually the effects will spread across the entire universe and life itself will literally fade away to nothingness.”

  “Is there anyway of stopping this madness?”

  “If we’re able to send Dawn back to her own time hopefully the space/time continuum will be able to repair itself and set everything back to the way it was. But this is only a theory and I have no evidence that it would even work. For all we know the damage is already unrepairable and that the universe is already doomed.”

  “But having some chance is better than none at all. Doctor Crilly I need your team to discover exactly how Dawn’s time travelling device works and this time you cannot hold back. Every second that you waste is another second that the universe nears its destruction. If we fail here then lives beyond count will be lost.”

  “What should we do with Mr Martel sir?” asked Agent Carpenter. Although it didn’t seem to be important in comparison to the impending crisis but it was still an issue that needed some discussion.

  “I think it’s best that we keep Mr Martel separated from Dawn and he should be protected,” replied Doctor Crilly. Although the question had been directed to General Fields he seemed to be the one most suited to answering it. “If Mr Martel is killed then the anomalies will most likely grow more violent and our doom will be all but a certainty.”

  “Very well,” said General Fields as he had made his decision. “Mr Martel is to be taken to an undisclosed location and put under tight surveillance. I want him to be guarded by two powerful agents at one time. “Dawn cannot be allowed to be in contact with him, even though the likelihood of her harming Mr Martel is low we cannot take that risk. May we live long enough to see the sunset.”

  Inside her cell Dawn had just finished eating the food that had been brought to her. Instead of an actual person bringing the food to her a small amount had been transported through the vortex directly into the cell. They did not want to risk Dawn getting her hands on any of the security personnel, they did not know what she was capable of. Ever since the interview concluded she had seemed to be a model prisoner and she just ate her food in silence. There were no outbursts and she had not attempted to break through the ceiling again. For the moment she concentrated on eating the food that she was given, she was building up her strength and energy for what she had planned. It was very risky but all she wanted to do was get Tucker back, she had waited her entire life for this and she was not going to let anything stop her. But she had not eaten all of the food, she had given a tiny portion to Lucky but it was enough to fill him. As soon as Dawn had eaten the food she gently picked up Lucky and rested him in her hand, her palm was very soft and he was very comfortable.

  “Ok Lucky it’s time to get Daddy back,” said Dawn in a quiet voice. She pulled the zip of her costume down to her chest and she placed Lucky between her somewhat small breasts. She looked down at him as he looked up in confusion. “Mommy needs both her hands for this and please don’t move around. You know how much that tickles Mommy.” She zipped her costume back up so that Lucky was covered and while he was between her breasts she thought that he was safe. “Don’t worry Mommy’s gonna make everything alright again, we’re going to be one big happy family.”