- Text Size +

  Several hours later it was late evening and Dawn had been successfully taken into custody at the Park Incorporated headquarters. She put up very little resistance and she was relieved of all personal possessions besides the clothes she wore. Many of the items they took off her they were surprised to find would shrink down to a more appropriate size as soon as they were removed. What caught their attention the most was the wrist device she had that was much like the VSC device that they were used to seeing but this one had been modified. From what the scientists could tell from the device itself was, that whoever had modified it had intelligence that borderline super genius. Thankfully for them when the device had been taken away from Dawn it also shrank down to a more appropriate size so it made it easier for them to study.

  Dawn was placed in a gigantic cell that had been designed to hold Jessica. Unfortunately the ceiling was much lower than she would have liked and it was only around one hundred and fifty feet high where she was close to being two hundred feet tall. She was also handcuffed made out of a special metal that was thought to be indestructible. Again they had been designed to fit Jessica but at least this time they were adjustable. She also couldn’t expand them so that she could escape because her fingers had to be touching the cuffs to make them grow. Unfortunately the way she was being cuffed meant that she couldn’t touch the cuffs themselves with her fingers.

  The only thing that they allowed Dawn to have was Lucky, by the time they had gotten to the facility Lucky had awoken and Dawn had been so happy to see that he was alright that she shed a few tears of joy. Unfortunately these tears made a couple of small puddles on the ground and one person had been unfortunate enough to slip in the salty puddle. She wanted to hug and kiss him but with her hands cuffed behind her back she wasn’t able to and instead all she could do was talk to the little lizard and try and think of a way out of it. She already knew that they were questioning Tucker about what had happened and she also knew that she would have a lot of explaining to do.

  The cell she was sitting in was relatively featureless and all that remained inside was a large bed, a sink and a toilet. One wall could be made transparent so that people could see inside the cell but it was specially made so that it remained solid while an inmate was using the toilet. The cell itself had only been used on a few rare occasions over the close to two centuries since its creation but it was still clean and well looked after. Dawn could only sit on the bed but she could hear it creak under her weight and it was nowhere near long to be comfortable for her body. She just wondered how long she would be held here and more importantly how long it would be before they fed her. Her body was still burning calories at an extremely fast rate, unfortunately it meant that she could starve to death much quicker than a normal person. Where most people could most likely survive three weeks without food, Dawn could only live for a day or two. She had eaten a bit before she had been captured and she doubted that they would let her starve, if what she had heard about the company was true letting her starve would most likely be the last thing that they would do.

  As expected when Tucker was questioned he told them everything that he knew. The two interviewers were Agent Carpenter and another agent that Tucker had not met. His name was Agent Orton, a dark skinned man who had empathic abilities. His abilities were useful during a questioning since if an interviewee got angry he could use his powers to make the interviewee feel a more positive emotion and fuss would calm down. His powers were very useful when dealing with someone who was seen as a danger. Although he could make someone feel depressed he could not make them commit suicide, even if he wanted them to. His powers had hypnotic properties and no one could kill themselves under hypnosis, the will to live was too strong. Even he could make someone commit suicide he would never do anything like that, like all the other agents he was tested thoroughly before receiving the Jones serum so he knew not to misuse his powers.

  Although Tucker felt that he was in a police interrogation he did not withhold any information. For everything he believed he thought that Dawn had told him the truth about everything. He told them about the upcoming invasion and everything else Dawn had told him like him being a hero and sadly Jessica being killed at the start of the invasion. Throughout the interview Agent Carpenter was scanning Tucker’s mind to see if there was any indication that he was lying. She wasn’t directly reading her mind, instead she was just scanning it and she was easily able to pick up any signs of him lying. As the interview went on she was worried to find that Tucker wasn’t lying, everything he was saying seemed to be the truth. She had some worry that there was really going to be some kind of alien invasion but just because he believed it to be true didn’t mean it was.

  At first during the interview Tucker had been nervous talking to the agents in case they were Tengi in disguise like Dawn had said. She had never told him whether they could mimic someone’s physical appearance or only the vehicles. One thing that did bring him over to their side was the fact that Agent Carpenter had helped save both himself and Jessica during their capture on Doloria. Out of all the agents in the company she was probably one of the ones he could trust the most. Although he was expected to feel nervous he felt surprisingly talkative. He didn’t realise that Agent Orton was using his abilities to make Tucker feel happier and more at ease, it was something that made the whole process go smoothly. Within a very short amount of time the agents had everything that they needed but they still needed to talk to Dawn herself and they knew that she would most likely not be as co-operative as Tucker had been for them. He had been a perfect interviewee for the two agents but Dawn was going to be another matter entirely. They had even released Tucker since he had done nothing wrong but he was temporarily placed in the care of another agent since Jessica was still missing. He wanted to see Dawn but he was not allowed to see her, she was being prepared for an interview just like he was but he did not suspect what would be discovered about the mysterious giantess.

  A few hundred miles away on the outskirts of one of Home’s many cities three young boys were playing on hover boards and throwing a ball to each other. The boys were of different races and each one wore enough protective clothing to protect them from most harm if they fell to the ground. The hover boards were designed to be children’s playthings and they were specially designed so that they didn’t go too high off the ground and thus make them safer for use. The boys were playing behind an old building that was due to be torn down and replaced shortly so this seemed to be their last opportunity to play here before it was rebuilt.

  The boys were no older than twelve and they didn’t seem to have a care in the world. They didn’t have any school today so today was just going to be a day of fun for them. It seemed that nothing could spoil their fun and games, but that changed in almost an instant.

  Suddenly there was a bright flash of yellow light and it almost blinded the boys. They had to cover their eyes so that they weren’t blinded and one of them even lost his balance on his board and fell to the ground. Thankfully for him the fall wasn’t too high so he didn’t receive any serious injuries. But all along the wall of the old building they could see a long, glowing yellow crack that had appeared out of nowhere. Curiosity took over the boys as they got off their hover boards and slowly approached the crack curious to see exactly what it was. If they had known what was going to happen they would have turned tail and ran. Instead as they came closer to the crack in the wall they could see it slowly expanding and the first thing that went through their minds was how cool it was. They didn’t realise that their lives would more or less come to an end.

  As the boys moved within a few feet of the crack they were engulfed by a familiar yellow light that shined brighter than a star. Again the light only lasted for a few moments before subsiding but unlike before the boys had not simply disappeared. All three boys were still there they had all been changed. Before the boys had looked to be around twelve years old but now they looked like they were in their eighties. The light had aged all three of them rapidly and each one now looked like they should be in a nursing home rather than playing on hover boards. Each one fell to the ground as they could no longer support themselves without a walking stick or a frame. Everything had happened so fast that the boys had no time to call for help. They just lay on the ground as the crack continued to grow and it caused their bodies to grow older and older.

  Several minutes later back at the facility Dawn was still sitting in the cell waiting to see what would happen to her. Lucky had been there to try and make her feel better, but with her hands cuffed behind her back she could love the little lizard or pick him up to give him a kiss. Instead she just let him climb on her foot and jump on it a few times. Her stomach was beginning to growl indicating that she was hungry and for now they had not fed her although she knew that they would probably not have to wait much longer.

  As Dawn sat there looking down at Lucky she saw the wall across from her turn transparent and she saw Agents Carpenter and Orton standing on the other side. There was silence for the first few moments before Dawn broke the tension. She was still unhappy with the fact that they had captured her and separated her from Tucker. She had done some things that she wasn’t particularly proud of to be able to be with him and it all seemed to be falling apart around her.

  “What do you lot want?” asked Dawn with detest. Lucky could feel her change of move and quickly climbed down her foot and stayed still, close to her. His only consolation was that she wasn’t angry with him.

  “We would like to ask you a few questions,” replied Agent Orton refusing to feel intimidated by the giantess in front of him. The wall was strong enough to keep both agents safe from her. “You’ve caused a lot of panic appearing like that in the middle of the city. Do you know that more than a dozen people have been injured trying to run away from you.” The thought of her hurting people did make her feel sad inside but she didn’t want it to show. She needed to stay tough; she didn’t want them to think she was some kind of weak little girl. That girl was dead to her.

  “If they were stupid enough to get themselves hurt they deserve it, I only took a short stroll and they go into a panic attack. I can’t see how that’s my fault.” She tried to show that she was also not intimidated by them but it was a show. Deep down she was very worried about what would happen to her and the people who had been injured. Much like Jessica, she didn’t like to hurt people but she was known to have some anger issues in her teenage years. She even had her own deserted quarry some distance from any city where she could vent her anger and frustrations on lifeless pieces of rock.

  “I find it very hard to believe that you’re an agent much like us.” He could tell that Dawn was getting anxious but he didn’t want to use her powers just yet. “Mr Martel tells us that you’re from twenty years in the future, is that right?”

  “Yes that’s right.” She didn’t realise that Agent Carpenter was scanning her mind and for now it seemed she was telling the truth.

  “Before we go any further please tell us your name and why you’re here.” This was what everyone really wanted to know. He could see Dawn become more nervous and she took a moment to answer him.

 “My name is Agent Dawn Clarke and I came back here to warn everyone about an incoming alien invasion.” She was being careful with her words and she was thinking carefully about which words to use. “The Tengi have devastated my time so I came back in time to prevent them from gaining a foothold on the planet. Tucker is going to be a ….”

  “You’re lying,” interrupted Agent Carpenter. She had to stop her there because practically everything that Dawn had told her was a lie. The only time she could sense any truth was with the answering of her name and even then only one part of it was true. “I don’t need to be a telepath to see that you’re lying.”

  “I’m not lying!” Dawn’s anger was beginning to build but she began to feel strangely calm. She didn’t realise that Agent Orton was using his powers to keep her mood calm. It also made her feel more like being truthful rather than trying to lie to the agents.

  “You’re only making the situation worse for yourself. Let me be frank with you, you won’t be leaving there any time soon if you don’t start telling us the truth. I know when you’re telling us the truth or not so there’s no point in trying to mess us around. Come clean now and things will go a lot smoothly for everyone involved. Now let’s start by telling us your real name.”

  “I-I did tell you half my real name.” She took a sigh as she realised that there truly was no point in lying to them. She wanted to get out of this relatively small cell as quickly as possible and get some more food in her belly. She already felt like she hadn’t eaten for a day and she couldn’t bear to be hungry for much longer. “My name is Dawn but my surname is but surname isn’t Clarke, its Snape and I’m not even an agent, hell I haven’t even graduated from high school yet.” The two agents stood there in silence as they realised that the giantess sitting before them was indeed the daughter of Jessica. They had suspected it but they thought that it was impossible for her to be able to reproduce.

  Due to Jessica’s extreme size becoming pregnant was practically impossible for her. Her reproductive organs were much like that of a human woman but the only difference was their colossal size. If any semen entered her fallopian tube the distance to her egg would be too great for them to reach it. Even on the extremely small chance that a single sperm was able to reach her egg, it was too small to be able to penetrate it and bond together. It meant that any artificial insemination was pointless and this would cause Jessica regular bouts of depression. She saw that the biggest drawback to her size was that she couldn’t have children, even when she was young she always wanted to be able to start a family but her dream had soon faded away. She had tried several times to become pregnant but each attempt would be the same, she wasn’t even allowed to adopt a child due to the safety concerns at her home and whether she could actually bring up a normal size child. A few times she had attempted to adopt a child but because her extreme size the authorities thought that she couldn’t give a child the care that it needed. They also thought that a giant apartment would not be safe for a child; they could fall from any number of surfaces and fall to their deaths. For these reasons her requests to adopt were turned down every time.

  The agents needed a couple of moments before they could ask any more questions. The fact that they were looking at Jessica’s teenage daughter was still unbelievable to think. They could definitely see some of Jessica in her face but they didn’t know how she could have even been conceived. All of Jessica’s attempts to become pregnant either naturally or artificially had failed and yet they were looking at what was thought to be impossible. They did consider it to be another lie but Agent Carpenter could sense no deception. She even went as far as to begin to scan some of Dawn’s memories and this further convinced her that the giantess was indeed Jessica’s daughter. But all this left one nagging question, if Jessica was her mother, who was her father? It was something they would be asking very soon but first they needed to ask a few more questions before that.

  “Ok now that you’ve told us the truth Miss Snape there are more things we need to know,” said Agent Orton still using his powers to make Dawn feel good. If he kept her in a good mood she would most likely be more talkative. “Is the future still in a mess or was that a lie as well?”

  “It’s err…” She wanted to hide as much as she could but again it seemed pointless to her. Agent Carpenter was basically a walking lie detector so lying would only make things a lot harder for her. She sighed and closed for her eyes for the moment as she began to admit the truth. “There’s nothing particularly wrong in the future. There’s no race of aliens coming to take over, there’s no great disaster that’s doomed the planet and there are no wars going on. It’s much like now.”

  Agent Carpenter had scanned every word that Dawn had said and once again she could sense that she was telling the truth. But this did raise one big question, if Dawn wasn’t here to stop an alien invasion then why was she here? They even wondered just how she got here as well, even for the people of Home time travel was impossible save for one agent who had minor time travelling abilities, but that agent had died a century ago.

  “Ok if you’re not here to stop an alien invasion then why are you here?” asked Agent Orton finally asking the question that was on everyone’s mind. “From what you’re saying there is no decent point of going back in time other than to prevent a horrific event. You coming here now is most likely doing more harm than good, already there’s no telling what harm you might have done or what you’ve changed. There is no real reason for you to be here so tell us why you came to this time in the first place.”

  “Tucker.” Her voice was very quiet and it was hard to make out. The agents couldn’t fully hear what she had said.

  “What was that?” replied Agent Carpenter in a relatively loud voice indicating that she wanted Dawn to speak up.

  “I wanted to be with Tucker OK!” Her voice was sharp and angry and Agent Orton seemed to have lost control of her emotions. This had never happened before but he had never used his powers on a teenager before. Although she was eighteen she was still quite immature for her age. It seemed to be counteracting his powers but it didn’t seem that Dawn was getting angrier, she seemed to be getting sadder.

  “What’s so special about Mr Martel?” In her eyes besides being human there was no real reason for her to go back in time. If she had wanted to see a human it would have been easier for her to travel to Earth rather than time travelling. For a few moments Dawn did not seem to answer and the agents were still eager to know the answer. “Please answer the question Miss Snape.”

  “I JUST WANTED TO SPEND TIME WITH MY DAD!” Her voice was extremely loud and when Lucky heard it he jumped out of his skin before cowering in fear. The loudness of her voice had also caught the agents by surprise and by now Agent Orton had no control of Dawn’s emotions as she began to sob uncontrollably. Instead of looking like a big scary monster she seemed to be a sad lost little girl trapped in the body of a giantess. “Is that really too much to ask for?”

  The agents wanted to ask her more questions but they could not be heard over Dawn’s sobbing. Instead of pressuring her for more questions they decided that it was best to let her get the tears out of her system before they continued. There was still many important questions that they needed to ask her, but they were prepared to give her time for her to stop crying. By now Lucky was no longer afraid and he tried to comfort her as best as he could. All he could do was rub his body on her enormous foot and when she looked down on him unfortunately one of her large teardrops landed straight on him drenching the poor little lizard. Dawn wanted nothing more than to pick up Lucky and just love him like she normally did when she was upset. Sadly her hands were still cuffed behind her back so she could do nothing to really show how happy she was to have him with her. He was one of her very few friends and she always liked having him around even when it was inconvenient for her.

  It took her ten minutes of sobbing before the agents felt that they could continue the interview. Agent Orton was surprised that his abilities were not working on Dawn but he took her size and maturity into account, if she had been normal size he most likely would have been able to keep her calm but because she was so big he had simply been overwhelmed. By the time Dawn had finished crying her eyes were red from crying and she had been unable to wipe her nose. She wanted nothing more than to break out of the cell and reunite with Tucker. She had been waiting all her life to be with him and now that they were apart she felt that there was a hole growing inside her soul. When she had been with him it felt that every wish she had ever wanted had come true. She felt that her life had finally been complete and all the bad things that had ever happened to her had been worth it.

  “If you are ready Miss Snape we wish to continue,” said Agent Orton as he saw the final tear fall from Dawn’s cheek. The ground where she was sitting was now very wet after the huge tear drops. He saw Dawn look at them and she looked to be broken, he did sympathise with her but there was still much that the agents needed to know. “So Mr Martel is your father, how is that even possible?”

  “I don’t know,” replied Dawn still very tearful. “My mom never told me how it happened; we haven’t been getting along lately. She hid him from me for too long and when she finally told me who he was it was too late. Tucker was gone and there was no way I could ever see him.”

  “Gone how?” He knew that Tucker would have been sent back to Earth by then but he thought that she would have tried to travel there herself. Again it would have been easier than time travelling.

  “He’s…” She paused for a few seconds as the words choked in her mouth. “He’s dead.” Her voice was so quiet that it was hard for the agents to make out. More tears began to roll down her cheek. “He was sent back to Earth and he died, Mom never said how he died but it was before she told me about him.” Her sadness began to turn into anger. Her emotions were once again getting the better of her but at least the agents had the safety wall between them and Dawn. “It’s all her fault! She didn’t let me know about him until it was too late! She could have done something to save him! I had a right to be with my dad and she took that away from me! I HATE HER!” There was slight metallic creaking noise as she pulled at her cuffs. They stayed strong but they were beginning to strain under her strength. This caused some concern for the agents since the cuffs were supposed to be indestructible. If she could break out of them then she could probably break out of the cell.

  “Please remain calm Miss Snape,” said Agent Carpenter trying to keep some amount of peace but they realised that they had their hands full with Dawn. One of the worst things anyone had to deal with is a moody teenage girl but given the fact that she was a two hundred foot giantess only made things that much harder. She also didn’t realise that Dawn could possibly hate Jessica. She had worked with Jessica for some years now and she couldn’t imagine how anyone could hate her, she was by far the kindest and gentlest person she had ever met. But right now it wasn’t all that important about the relationship between Dawn and her mother, for now they needed to know how she came to this time. “If you don’t start behaving yourself we might have to take more drastic measures. You may be big but you’re far from indestructible, anymore mood swings we’ll have to enforce our countermeasures and believe me you won’t like that.” It was somewhat an empty threat, although they did have countermeasures for combatting a giant person they were unwilling to use them. They didn’t want to harm Dawn, especially now that they knew that she was a daughter of a fellow agent. She just waited for Dawn to calm down for a minute before she decided to continue the interview. “Please tell us how you have been able to travel through time and what’s happened to the Agent Snape of our time? When you arrive her signal went dead, it doesn’t take a genius to figure out that her disappearance and your sudden appearance are linked.”

  “I don’t fully know what happened to her,” replied Dawn still fighting back her anger over her mother. “I was told that when I travelled through time there would be something called a matter substitute. My mother was the only person anywhere near my height and weight so she’s gone into some kind of limbo state, she’s neither alive nor dead. It’s like she’s no longer on this plain of existence. I think if I leave then she’ll reappear as if nothing has happened.”

  “Wait what do you mean if?” Those last words seemed to haunt Agent Carpenter. She had thought that Dawn would have gone back to her own time eventually but the fact that she seemed to want to stay sent chills down her spine.

  “Oh I’m not going back. I’m going to stay in this time with my Dad and there’s nothing you can say or do that can stop me.” There was an almost evil grin on her face as she said those words. It further made the agents nervous.

  “What about Agent Snape?” asked Agent Orton in disbelief. “You even said yourself that as long as you are here she’s going to be in limbo.”

  “Fuck her!” Her words were angry again and Lucky began to cower again. “That bitch deserves to be in non-existence for keeping me away from my dad.” The evil grin reappeared on her face. “You know I’m going to get out of here eventually and I’m going to be with my dad. You can send an entire army after me but it won’t make any difference, we’re going to be together forever.”