- Text Size +

  Meanwhile within the city people were going around their regular routines. The sun was still shining and it seemed that nothing in particular was going on. On the busy street that was filled with a wide range of stores with a couple of outdoor vendors it all seemed to be a normal day. The only thing that was happening that would catch some people’s attention was that an illegally parked car was being towed away while the car’s owner was arguing with the tow truck operator.

  The first instance that something was about to happen was that there was a sudden flash of light. It only lasted for a fraction of a second and it seemed to have been similar to a flash during a thunderstorm but there was not a cloud in the sky. It caught a couple of people by surprise but most simply ignored it and carried on with what they were doing. It was only when there was a second flash that everyone took notice. This flash lasted much longer and was followed by several more flashes along with a couple of lightning bolts striking the ground. Thankfully no one was in the lightning’s path so there were no injuries but the lightning did not look normal. Each bolt was a crimson red and already people began to run away from the commotion.

  Almost out of nowhere an enormous figure appeared in the middle of the street and several of the flying cars speeding through had to take evasive action so that there wasn’t a collision. The figure was hard to make out at first but as the flashes continued the figure came more into view. The obvious thing about the figure was that it was enormous but as it fully integrated itself it was revealed to be a girl who didn’t look any older than eighteen. Her hair was long and white and she had brown eyes. She wore a brown like costume that would probably be worn by an agent and it had a lighter brown strip down the front with similar colour boots and gloves. She also wore a belt that had small pouches on it that was used to carry things although only three of the half dozen pouches were actually occupied. She also had a device strapped around her left wrist that seemed to look similar to the VSC wrist device but it looked bulkier and with many more buttons.

  The girl was a giantess like Jessica but there was one big difference between them. Where Jessica’s height was around the mid one twenties this girl was easily two hundred feet tall if not taller. Her body was also different to Jessica’s, the girl’s breasts were nowhere near as large in proportion to her body and they might even be considered small given the circumstances. She also had the stretched body of a naturally taller person, most likely if she were normal size she would be well over nine feet in height. Her face was much more plain than Jessica’s and it wasn’t really a face that instantly screamed beautiful but she was far from ugly.

  When people had first seen the figure they thought that it was Jessica but when they saw that it was completely different they began to run away in panic. They knew that Jessica was a gentle giantess but they didn’t know if this girl was any different, they didn’t even know why she was here or how she even gained her colossal size. They didn’t know if she was a gentle giantess like Jessica or if she was hell bent on destroying all life that she saw. The people didn’t want to take that chance as they ran for their lives. Many of them dropped whatever they were carrying, some of the items were fragile and instantly smashed upon impact. Even the tow truck man and car owner completely forgot about their quarrel after the sudden appearance of this giantess. It only took a few seconds for the street to be completely deserted.

  The girl began to look around and she didn’t speak a single word. She did seem to be disappointed that everyone ran away but she made no attempt to chase after any of them. Instead she just continued to observe the area and she seemed to be figuring out just where she was. Then she saw something that caught her attention, a short distance in front of her was a skyscraper like building which was completely covered by windows. The glass was one way so no one could see into the building but people could see out of it. The girl could see her own reflection and she seemed to be horrified with what she was saying. She took a few long strides before she could see herself clearly in the windows. She gently grabbed her hair and pulled some around so that she could see them with her own eyes. She was not happy with what she was seeing.

  “W-what happened to my hair?” she asked as she looked at her hair. The last thing she had expected to see was that her hair was as white as a sheet and when she looked at herself again in the windows she could see that her eyebrows were also white.

  The next thing she heard was a cooing sound, at first she thought that she had imagined it but as she continued to hear the sound she realised that it was real. Her expression changed from confusion to one of annoyance as her enormous hand began to go through each of her pouches before she felt something scaly and warm. As soon as she did she grabbed onto it and took it out of her pouch. As she placed it on her hand she saw that it was a dinosaur looking lizard, it was around a metre tall and two metres long and stood on two legs. It had two small arms each with three fingers with very small relatively blunt claws. It was green and it had large eyes that helped to see in the dark. It also had a long tail that it used to balance itself. The little lizard did not seem to be afraid of the giantess and instead it continued to coo as it looked up at her. It jumped up a couple of times in excitement but the giantess was not moved. She still looked to be very annoyed and the little lizard stopped jumping.

  “Lucky!” said the Giantess in a voice that was almost like a shout. “I told you that you couldn’t come you naughty little lizard!” She pointed her very long finger at it to show that she was not happy and the little lizard began to cower away knowing that it was in trouble. “It was dangerous just getting me here and I told you to stay behind! When we get home you won’t get any treats for an entire week.” By now the little lizard was close to the edge of her hand but it knew not to go any further. It heard her sigh in annoyance. “But now that you’re here you might as well stay where I can see you. I don’t want to leave you behind here, I love you too much for that.” She placed it on her shoulder and wrapped some of her long white hair around it for protection. “Mommy has work to do.”

  Now that her hands were free the giantess pressed a couple of buttons on her wrist device and a holographic screen appeared in front of her much like with a VSC device. This time it showed a map and there was a bright red indicator beeping on the map. The giantess looked at it with some confusion. She had expected to see two blips but instead there was only one, she began zoom the map out but there was still no second blip. The only other blip that did appear only indicated her current position.

  The giantess didn’t think too much of it at first and she began to walk towards where the blip had been located. Each step she took made the ground shake and everywhere she went people ran away in fear. They had been used to seeing a giantess before but not one of this size. Her height was around two thirds more than Jessica’s although for now she had caused no destruction although her enormous feet were leaving some footprints in the concrete.

  Tucker was completely oblivious to what was happening in the city. He was still trying to find some kind of sign of Jessica but his search seemed to be futile. The colossal woman had simply disappeared and he had absolutely no idea what could have happened to her. He even checked the very fabric of the blanket in case she had suddenly shrunk to microscopic size but he had never seen a shrinking process like that in any movie. He knew that this was real life but it still didn’t add up. He thought that she might have suddenly been sucked into a vortex but he had never heard her scream like that whenever she travelled.

  He also felt completely alone in this world. Jessica had been the only thing that made him feel safe here. Now that she was gone he didn’t know what he was going to do. He didn’t know his way back to the city and he didn’t know if the creatures who called the forest home were dangerous. They probably would have stayed clear with Jessica around but now that she was gone he didn’t know if they would attack him.

  The only thing he could think of was somehow contacting the company and he hoped that they would know what was happening. He remembered that Jessica liked to keep a communicator in her bag just in case of emergencies and this seemed to qualify as one. His only problem was that the bag was on top of the basket and it would be a bit of a climb for him. He had climbed trees when he was younger but as she looked up at the wicker basket it was more like scaling a cliff. The basket itself was twenty feet high and he could see Jessica’s bag at the top and there was only one way he could get to it.

  As Tucker grabbed onto the basket he slowly began to climb up it. He tried not to look down and he took great care with where he was grabbing the basket and placing his feet. If he made a mistake he would fall again and this time he did not have Jessica’s soft body to cushion his fall. He knew that he wouldn’t be high enough to be killed if he did fall but there was still a good chance that he would receive a serious injury. He didn’t have Jessica’s protection this time and in his mind it was his turn to help her. He had seen the look on Jessica’s face while she was disappearing and he had never seen anyone so scared.

  The climb itself took longer than he had expected but he preferred to be safe rather than hurry. He couldn’t help Jessica if he had a broken but his ascent had still been slow. When he did finally reach the top he did not hesitate in climbing inside her bag, luckily for him it had been leaning on its side and he only needed to unzip it to be able to enter. Most of what he could see wasn’t any use to him, he saw an oversized lipstick, a purse, some tissues, a mirror and eventually he saw what he had been looking for. He saw what looked to be an oversized cellular phone like device and he figured that it must have been the communicator that Jessica would use. His only problem with it was that it was much larger than him and thus much heavier. It was too heavy for him to move so all he could do was push a couple of buttons and he saw the screen on the communicator light up. He didn’t have that much of a clue on how to actually work the communicator but if it was anything like the phones they had on Earth he would eventually be able to figure it out.

  As Tucker continued to press a few more buttons the screen went dark and he had no idea what he had just done. He continued to press the buttons in hope that the screen would come back to life but still nothing happened. He was beginning to get annoyed as he saw that his efforts weren’t being rewarded and he felt that he had failed Jessica. He couldn’t think of any other way he could contact any of the other agents. He wasn’t even sure if anyone actually knew that they had come here. Like Jessica had told him there was no one around for miles although the city could be seen over the horizon. As he climbed out of the bag he felt lost, he didn’t know what he was going to do. Would it be best for him to stay here and wait for help or try and make his way back to the city? Both options had their pros and cons, if he stayed there would be no guarantee of rescue but he still had the food that Jessica had made for the picnic. But if he went back to the city he would most likely find help but he didn’t know what lay between him and his destination. He didn’t know if there were any dangerous animals or difficult terrain. During the journey he had been completely focused on Jessica and had not paid much mind to his surroundings. It was hard to concentrate on anything else when you had someone like Jessica around.

  Tucker decided to remain on top of the basket while he made up his decision. At least up here he was safe from any animals and he had access to the food within although it would be some effort for him to lift the lid. Not too far from the basket he could see a glass of water that Jessica had poured herself earlier and he noticed something that was odd. He could see the water within the glass ripple once every few seconds and it reminded him of a film that he had seen numerous times. As he stared at the water the rippling continued and it seemed to becoming more violent with every ripple. He didn’t have to be a genius to realise that what he was seeing was footsteps and whatever was causing them was getting closer. He didn’t know whether to feel relieved or terrified. He hoped that it was Jessica approaching him but there was something about it all that seemed odd. When he had been on Earth and seen Jessica there she had any tremors when she walked, it meant that whatever was making its way towards him was larger than Jessica.

  Tucker began to fear that some kind of giant monster was making its way towards him and the first thing that came to mind was hiding. He had just played a game of hide and seek but this time was much different, before he had all been for fun but this time he felt that it was the difference between life and death so the stakes would be much higher than just getting a nice surprise. Instead of trying to lift the lid of the basket he decided that his best option. Without hesitation he climbed back into the bag as he felt the tremors grow more violent. It wasn’t like he was in a dangerous earthquake but more like a somewhat gentle shaking of the ground. Beforehand he had only seen the tremors through the water but now he could feel it in the ground. He tried to find the deepest, darkest part of the bag so that he couldn’t be seen and he made sure that he was absolutely silent. If this creature had the same sense as Jessica it would be able to hear him out. He began to hear the impact of the footsteps and the movement of the trees. He was curious to pop his head out of the bag and look at whatever was causing the tremors but fear kept him paralysed in the bag. He didn’t want to do anything that lowered his chances of survival.

  Just when the tremors seemed to be at their most violent they suddenly stopped. The footsteps had also been at their loudest when they suddenly stopped and Tucker wondered if whatever had caused them had arrived at the site. He had hoped that it would just have carried on but it sent a chill down his spine that it had stopped. He knew that the picnic site would most likely attract its attention and he hoped that it would lose interest soon and just carry on. He even went as far as to quietly pray to God, like he had said before he was not really a religious man but in this time of desperation he was willing to try anything to save his skin and find Jessica.

   “Where are they?” asked a woman’s voice. Tucker did not recognise it but it sounded louder and not as soft as Jessica’s voice. He thought that it sounded like someone who was in their very late teens but not quite an adult yet. He didn’t know whether to come out of his hiding spot and confront this mysterious stranger or stay hidden.

  His options seemed to be very limited. He wanted to see this stranger but if it was indeed another giant woman it would mean that Jessica was not the only one despite what she had told him. He didn’t know if she had simply lied to him or if she was unaware of the existence of this giantess. He didn’t know if she was a gentle giantess like Jessica or if she was looking for them so that she could destroy them. He would normally not jump to such conclusions but after everything that had happened over the last few minutes his mind was racing at the speed of light.

  He could hear a few cooing sounds that he didn’t recognise and then he heard a couple of bleeping noises. He dared not make a move but suddenly he felt the ground tremble a few more times and he heard the sound of heavy footsteps and much to his horror they did sound like they were coming closer. He had never been so scared in his life and it was worse than his ordeal on Doloria. His world was in darkness right now but all that changed when the bag began to move. It took him a few moments before realising that it was being picked up and he thought that his life was now at an end. When this giant woman got her hands on him he would surely be killed. He saw a giant hand enter the bag and he felt a sense of déjà vu but he noticed that this hand seemed to be bigger and longer than Jessica’s. He tried to hide as best as he could but he was powerless when the long fingers grasped around him and pulled him out of the bag. He began to scream in fright and he tried to resist but he simply did not have the strength.

  As Tucker was taken out of the bag he was once again in the sunlight but this time instead of being in Jessica’s presence he was in the presence of this mysterious giantess. He did not immediately get a good view of her until she brought her up to her level. He looked into her eyes and saw something that looked very familiar but he couldn’t put his finger on it. The first thing he really noticed about her was her size, he had gotten used to being around a giantess but this one was much larger that Jessica. This giantess was a good two-thirds taller than Jessica’s height and he couldn’t imagine the height difference if the two ever stood back to back. He noticed her white hair and her somewhat plain face. He noticed that her teeth weren’t exactly perfect but they would still make any dentist happy. Her lips seemed to be smooth but she wasn’t wearing any make-up and the shape of her nose also looked familiar but once again he couldn’t think of why.

  He saw the giantess look at him for a few moments in astonishment. It seemed that she was more in awe of him then he was of her. Her touch was gentle much like Jessica and his fear did begin to dissipate but he was still afraid of her. He heard the cooing sound and he saw the lizard wrapped in her hair on her shoulder. The giantess reminded him of a character he had seen in a medieval/fantasy TV series although her face was completely different.

  “T-Tucker Martel?” she asked in a timid voice. It was not a voice he had expected to hear from her. He expected it to be loud, booming and threatening but instead she sounded like a shy little girl.

  “Y-yes,” replied Tucker not sure if he had made the right choice. He was in no physical pain but it still did not quell his nervousness. He had trusted Jessica to handle him but he knew nothing about this giantess. He expected her to continue to speak to him but instead she brought him close to her chest and gave him a hug. He didn’t know exactly what was happening but his fear took another drop. It seemed that this giantess was just as gentle as Jessica but he still didn’t know who she was.

  “I found you.” Her hug was a little intimating for Tucker but she did not seem to notice. She just seemed to be completely lost in her own world and time seemed to stand still for her. “I can’t believe I’ve actually found you, everything in my life has been leading up to this very moment.” Tucker tried to respond but he could not get a word out. His speech was all muffled and it took the giantess a few moments to realise that he couldn’t breathe properly and she quickly broke the hug and instead rested Tucker in her hand. “I’m sorry I kind of got carried away there but I can’t believe I’m actually meeting the Tucker Martel.”

  The size difference between Tucker and this giantess was almost beyond comprehension. When he was with Jessica he was around three and three quarter inches tall compared to her. But to this giantess he was only two inches tall in comparison. Her hand alone was about fifteen feet from the bottom of her palm all the way up to edge of her middle finger. He felt small before but now he truly felt miniscule compared to this giantess. He saw her smiling and there was some tears rolling down her face. He had not expected such a reaction from her and he couldn’t help but feel a little flattered.

  “You won’t believe how many years I’ve been wanting to meet you Mr Martel,” said the Giantess without her smile fading. He could see that her teeth were white but not pearly white like Jessica’s were. It was obvious that this giantess did take care of her teeth but they weren’t exactly perfect.

  “Years?” asked Tucker in disbelief. He had only been here for a week but she had made it sound like that he had been there for some time. “But I’ve only really just got here unless you’re from Earth and even then I’m a nobody. Hell even the homeless people have more of a life than me.”

  “You’re not a nobody Mr Martel. You’re the greatest hero I know, well you will be.” Suddenly she heard Lucky begin to growl quite loudly and it began to annoy her. She turned her head towards him but she was careful not to accidentally send him flying off her shoulder. “Lucky be quiet, you’ll scare him.”

  “I-is that a bloody dinosaur?” He pointed straight at Lucky and the small lizard continued to growl but the Giantess just looked back at Tucker.

  “I’m not sure what a dinosaur is but this is Lucky and right now he’s being very naughty. He gets jealous if I even look at anyone else besides him.” She looked at Lucky once again, he was still growling a little but he could see her stern look. “Mommy loves you Lucky but if you don’t stop behaving yourself you won’t get any loves or treats for an entire month.” It seemed that Lucky understood what she was seeing and he began to back down. “Now I don’t want to hear another sound out of you until we get home.” As soon as he went quiet the Giantess turned her focus back to Tucker. “I’m sorry about that normally he’s very good.” He stroked Lucky with her right index finger. “He’s the best friend a giant girl could ever ask for. Now there is something I’m wondering, where is Agent Snape? She was supposed to be here with you but I can’t see her anywhere and I know that you couldn’t have brought all this picnic stuff here all by yourself? I’ve scanned the area and I can’t find a trace of her.”

  “I-I don’t know what happened to her.” It was painful for him to remember what happened to Jessica. He thought that she might have been killed and he had been powerless to stop it from happening. “She was there one moment and then she began to scream and she disappeared. At first she looked normal but then her skin disappeared, then her muscles and organs, then finally her skeleton disappeared but all the time she was screaming in agony.” His eyes began to well up. “I couldn’t do anything to save her, she’s been so nice to me and I failed her when she really needed me.”

  “Oh crap I was afraid this would happen.” He was surprised about the Giantess’s tone of voice and when he looked at her face he could not see any concern in it. In a way it made him feel a little better since it meant that Jessica might not be lost after all. “They told me that something like this would happen.”

  “I-Is Jessica dead?” To him this was probably the most important question that he had ever asked in his entire life. All he could do was wait for the Giantess to respond.

  “No she’s not dead Mr Martel.” Those words were felt like a huge strain had been taken off Tucker’s shoulders. He almost wept tears of joy but he wouldn’t allow himself to, he had been raised with a tough mentality and a grown man crying was definitely something that wasn’t tough in his mind. “Agent Snape has become what my friend calls a matter substitute.” She gave out a sigh as she looked at Tucker. “My name is Agent Dawn Clarke and I’m not of this time. I am from almost twenty years in the future and only you can help me. In a few short days there will be an alien invasion that will cripple Home leaving it vulnerable to conquest. Although our weapons are destructive these aliens have technology even greater than ours but you are the only ones who can stop them. Your human DNA is resistant to all their weapons and unfortunately by the time we realised this they had already taken a firm grasp of Home. In my time it would take years to force them off Home and there wasn’t even a guarantee that we would succeed. But only by sending me back to when it all began would we be able to stop the invasion before Home was devastated.” She could see Tucker taking it all in and he almost couldn’t believe what he was hearing. “I was hoping that Agent Snape would help us, in my time the Tengi saw her as a major threat and took her out almost as soon as they landed. Before she died she made sure that you were safe and due to your biology and your will to avenge her you will kill countless Tengi but it isn’t enough to stop the invasion. With all of our strength combined I thought that we would have no problem defeating the Tengi but now our task is a lot more difficult.”

  “W-wow wait a sec.” He needed her to stop so that he could fully process everything that he was hearing. It almost seemed impossible to think that there was an actual alien race who were more advanced than the people of Home and the fact that he was going to be some kind of hero to these people. But there was one thing that was causing him the most concern. “If Jessica isn’t dead then what the fuck happened to her?”

  “I’m sorry I should have explained. When someone goes back or forth in time just before they reach their destination someone of equal height and weight as the traveller disappears and goes into a limbo state. It’s called a matter substitute and as you can obviously see the only person on Home who is anywhere near my height and weight is Agent Snape. Don’t worry though, as soon as I leave she’ll reappear as good as new.” She saw Tucker’s spirits begin to lift but this was interrupted when she heard a humming noise. She unwrapped Lucky from her hair and placed him in the same hand as Tucker before she fully turned her head. Not too far in the distance she could see a couple of one man fighter ships hovering in the sky. These ships were very flat and they did not seem to have any wings. Instead they supported anti-gravity generators that allowed them to be airborne and they had a light blue colour that made them hard to see in the sky. Under normal circumstances it would be impossible for them to even lift off the ground but with the anti-gravity generators they easily maintained flight.  Although no weapons could be seen on them they were loaded with enough firepower to level a large section of a city. One thing about the ships was that they were not alien but had the Air Force logo on their side meaning that they belonged to the people of Home. “Oh crap!”