- Text Size +

Ryan walked up to the plain white house at the end of the street and rang the doorbell. The young artic wolf did not have to wait outside long. Before he even had time to worry if he had the right house, the door swung open, reviling a female squirrel dressed in a flawless red dress. Ryan was left stunned for a second.

            “Oh, You’re the babysitter right?” She said happily.

            “Ugh…” Ryan quickly snapped out of his stupor. “Yes I am.”

            “Thank heavens. You don’t know how long it’s been since my husband and I have had any private time. Come in would you.” He stepped inside the house, thankful to be out of the summer heat.

            “We have three boys,” the squirrel continued quickly. “Our two youngest are in the other room, they shouldn’t cause to much trouble, and my oldest is out with his friends. You can leave once he gets home.”

            “That sounds fine.” He turned his head as he noticed movement on the stairs. A chipmunk came down and joined the squirrel.

            “Ah,” he said, eyeing Ryan. “So this is the new babysitter. Excellent, you look like a good kid.”

            “Thank you sir,” Ryan replied with a good nature.

            “Sorry to cut this short, but we have to go. If you need anything just call us, our number is on the fridge.”

            “Sounds fine.” The two opened the door and stepped outside.

            “Good luck kid,” the chipmunk said before closing the door. Ryan wondered what he meant by that, but quickly pushed it out of his mind. This wasn’t his first time babysitting, he knew what to do. More or less. 

            He walked down the hallway until he could hear noises coming from one of the rooms. Laughter to be precise. He pushed at the door and it swung forward easily. Two tiny children were playing on the floor.

            “Hey guys,” Ryan said cheerfully as he walked inside. The two kids turned to him, smiles on their faces. One of them was a squirrel with adorable grey fur, and one of the puffiest tails Ryan had ever seen. The other was a small chipmunk whose stripes stood out beautifully on his light fur. They both looked to be about three or four years old, and the squirrel stood about a head taller than his brother.

            “Are you the babysitter?” The squirrel asked in a high, playful voice.

            “Yeah?” The other asked in anticipation.

            “I am,” Ryan replied back, while sitting on the floor. “My name’s Ryan.”

            “I’m Tommy!” The chipmunk exclaimed playfully.

            “And I’m Ralph!” The squirrel yelled.

            “It’s good to meet you guys.” Ryan really meant it. He was relieved that these two seemed so nice. Sometimes he had to sit kids who seemed to be more devil than angle. He could still remember the first time a baby had puked on him. Not fun.

            “You wanna play?” Ralph asked, his tail wiggling cutely behind him.

            “Sure, what were you playing?”

            “He seems nice,” Tommy said to his brother. “We should play the special game!”

            “Oh yeah!” Ralph said as he hurried of to his toy box and started rummaging though it.

            “What’s the special game?” Ryan asked as the boy looked for his toy.

            “It really fun!” Tommy said. “You’ll see.”

            “Alright.” A few moments later Ralph turned around, a silver toy shaped like a ray gun in his hand.

            “Close your eyes.” Ralph said as he aimed the toy at Ryan.

            “Your not going to shoot me, are you?” Ryan said jokingly.

            “Don’t worry, it doesn’t hurt,” Tommy replied, missing the joke entirely.

            So Ryan did as he was asked and closed his eyes. He could hear giggling around him, and then an odd buzzing noise he assumed came from the toy. He felt weird then. It was like his whole body had fallen asleep and refused to move or act, as it should.

            He then heard a booming voice, much louder than he thought either of the boys could make. “You can look now.”

            Ryan was stunned when he did open his eyes. What he saw was impossible, completely and totally, yet it was real. He rubbed his eyes with his hands and took another look, but nothing changed. He saw two giant boys kneeling before him. To be more accurate though, he saw two normal sized kids, it was him who had shrunk.

            “What happened!?” He yelled as he tried to stand. He found he was very light headed and collapsed immediately, much to the amusement of the two boys that towered above him.

            “You shrank silly,” Tommy said, getting on his hands and knees so that he could talk to his babysitter better. Even still he towered over the wolf who looked to be only two inches tall.

            “But how?” Ryan asked, still in amazement.

            “My toy.” Ralph said as he showed Ryan the gun.

            “Well can you change me back?”

            “Ugh…” Tommy started, but he wasn’t sure how to answer.

            “We can…” Ralph said as he rubbed the back of his neck. “But we don’t want to.”

            “What!?” Ryan exclaimed. “Why not?”

            “’Cause your fun to play with at this size.” Tommy said happily.

            “Yeah, your like a toy.” Ralph continued. Ryan didn’t like the thought of being used as a plaything by a pair of giant three year olds.   

            “But…” Ryan began, trying to find a way out of his predicament.

            “It’s fun, I promise.” Ralph said, grinning down at him.  

            “Well… I guess.” Ryan still didn’t feel comfortable, but he supposed he really didn’t have a choice. “Just be careful Okay?”

            “Okay!” they shouted in unison.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Did you know you’re only supposed to put one space after a period? I always thought it was two. That’s going to be fun to unlearn.