- Text Size +

Jennifer simpered at the pathetic little clone of herself writhing between her fingertips as she dangled her over the hardwood floor below, her hand poised at eye level for a close examination before she completed the second part of testing the YouPet’s tolerance for physical damage.

            So far, the results were looking extremely positive.

            For Jennifer.

            When she picked up the YouPet again after dropping her back into the box, her miniature had still been trembling from the lingering pain of the fall, but now she seemed back to normal, or at least as close to it as could be deduced given how hard her limbs were now quivering with anxiety at what was coming.

            “You don’t have to do this,” the YouPet wheedled desperately, knowing full well how futile her pleas would be, her words choking together as she became hopelessly lost in the eyes of her gargantuan exact copy.

            She never believed she could fear a face as much as this, so passionately and completely that she felt she might vomit if she had to stare into those piercing green eyes much longer.  And the worst part was she couldn’t tear herself away from the stare, because it was her own.  Even if she closed her eyes, she’d spent a lifetime touching her face and glancing into mirrors.  Not even going to sleep would save her, because she could conjure herself up in a nightmare with ease.  There was no escaping from it.

            Her own eyes, her own mouth, her own face.

            Her own sick, twisted desires that now clung like cancer in the back of her falsified memories that had been cooked up in a lab rather than actually lived like the real Jennifer.

            “You and I both know I do have to do it, though,” Jennifer answered with a steely grin.  “How else will we know how much you can handle?  It’s something for both of us to learn, really.”

            “Please,” the YouPet cried, her eyes welling with tears as she fruitlessly begged her giant self.  “Please.”

            “Happy trails, mini-me,” Jennifer said, and with that she parted her thumb and forefinger, releasing the YouPet to the cruel talons of gravity.

            The fall into the box had happened too quickly for the little life form to even take stock of it, but this plummet she felt for sure.  This was long.  This was everlasting.  This was what she’d heard people talk about as their life flashed before their eyes on the way off a tall bridge.

            She squirmed in the cold rush of air as it swept past her cheeks and inflated her simple blue gown as she careened past the towering features of Jennifer’s body, lower and lower, passing the stomach, the crotch, the knees.

            The toes she recognized so well from many a time painting them came clearly into view just as the YouPet smacked into the floor so hard that her hearing was squeezed from her ears into a hollow world of imploding agony that ripped through her limbs in time slower than molasses.

            She had never conceived of a feeling like this.  Pain, so absolute and all-consuming, she could focus on nothing else.  It burned through every inch of skin, from her fingertips to the ends of her hair.  It curdled in her very core.

            Her vision was patching out every few seconds.  She managed to glance up at the colossal skyscraper of all-powerful red-headed woman that made up her authentic self, dizzied by the sight of it, but knew one thing for certain: had she fallen from that high as a real person, she’d be a gory splat on the pavement.

            Obviously, rather than destroy her and end all sensation mercifully, the physiology of her specially designed body merely converted the kinetic energy of her fall into pain, which she was also apparently capable of experiencing without blacking out.

            What a skill to have.

            Luckily, like last time, the pain was draining from her body almost as quickly as it had come, which was more than welcome in that moment, and yet further confirmed hers and Jennifer’s suspicion.

            YouPets were damned hard to kill merely with gravity.

            And that was going to make things interesting for Jennifer very soon.

            There was a shorter delay before the normal-sized woman took action again.  The YouPet blinked, newly freed of the unbelievable pain of her nine-story fall, just as a shadow was cast impetuously over her cowering form.

            Jennifer’s foot, rosy and moist from the gleeful adrenaline high she was experiencing through her body, came down unrelentingly on top of her little clone with a rush of cold wind and a deafeningly hard stamp.  The creamy wrinkles of her sole smushed down against the tiny being’s frame as the foot began to pivot, twisting back and forth against the floor, pinning the victim hopelessly underneath like a newborn mouse.

            The YouPet screamed at the pressure building up exponentially with each passing second as Jennifer applied more and more strength centered down into her slender foot, testing the unbelievable resilience of her toy.  The texture of the foot was milky and slick with sweat, but the raw power from above concentrating itself onto the little body beneath superseded any sensation that might’ve been picked up otherwise.

            To the YouPet, it felt like having a damp mattress laid atop her body, followed by a string of ten eighteen-wheeler trucks attached and trained to a single point in space just above.  She was barely conscious of the ridges of her own detailed footprint, magnified dozens of times over, familiarizing her with every squishy crevice of a foot she never truly knew this intimately until now.

            The little Jennifer wailed again, the sound absorbing directly into the unforgiving ceiling of thick flesh continually avalanching from on high.  She howled until it felt her throat would bleed.

            “I know we’ve both been wondering what would happen,” Jennifer commented unassumingly at last, not letting up the pressure on her pet at all, and instead arching her pink sole and focusing all the strength of her stomp into the ball of her foot.  “If you would actually make it, I mean.”

            The YouPet felt the tears coming now, her muscles breaking into involuntary spasms, her brain imploding in protest.  She could sense her limbs quivering around her joints, threatening to snap finally under these conditions.

            “But I think we have our answer now,” Jennifer sighed, and only then let up the pressure from her foot, lifting it casually off the YouPet and slamming it back down onto the floor with such force that it bounced the tiny girl several inches off the floor again like a popcorn kernel.

            The YouPet clenched her eyes shut, writhing and trying not to bite her tongue as she rode out the pain, so cutting in its intensity from nearly every moveable angle of her unfortunately resilient body that she doubted such a sensation could ever end.

            In the silence that proceeded, as Jennifer observed her prey with interest, the YouPet could feel the torment fading again.

            As she peered down at her ravaged limbs, though, she could make out a number of bruises that had swelled up, purple and round along her knees and elbows, and they weren’t going away.

            “Interesting,” Jennifer said, tapping a finger against her lip.  “It looks like you can get over getting dropped and stepped on pretty fast, but not too much of it.  Huh.”

            The YouPet lifted an arm above her face, using her hand to try to blot out as much of the leering visage of her own face far above, because looking directly up into Jennifer’s eyes made her start shaking again.

            “Hey, listen up,” Jennifer continued freely, her tone easygoing and almost musical from how much fun she was having in discovering all this.  “Quiz time.”

            The YouPet’s already jagged breaths caught in her throat.

            “Can you guess what comes next?” Jennifer whispered down.

            The YouPet could’ve nodded, but she didn’t need to.  They both knew darn well what the answer was.

            “Here’s a hint, in case getting dropped right on your little head made you forget: hold your breath,” the taller woman warned.

            Jennifer hocked in the back of her throat loudly, inhaling a burst of air, and then fired.  The spit unspooled in generous, string dollops from between her lips into a single wad.  It plummeted like a gooey bowling ball through the air, sailing closer and closer to its target, and landed with a violently viscous splat directly upon the YouPet’s upper body in a shower of saliva.

            “I guess that’s what they call a bull’s eye, isn’t it?” Jennifer cheered softly, clenching her fingers into a fist and pumping her hand with victory, while her little doppelganger gasped desperately for oxygen through the dribbling mass of sputum, a warm river of goo dribbling through her gown and over her bruised sides.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please comment!