- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

As always I hope you guys enjoy the chapter. Have fun, comment, favorite, speculate, all that fun stuff. ^^

 

-----

 

 

The rest of the day really wasn’t anything to hit home about. Me and Kari awkwardly watched TV for a couple hours then we wound up going to bed. No accidents. No interesting conversations. Just us passing the time. Course that’s to be expected when we’d just broken up. I’d be more worried if we acted like things were A-okay. When I woke up it was pretty much the same thing. The next day was like that too, and the day after. We spent a lot of time together but there was a definite awkwardness in how interacted. All our conversations, few as they were, were superficial at best. When we weren’t busy with failing to communicate it was either silence or TV. If she was even home. Often times Kari had to go, be it work or school. Sometimes I’d go with, usually I didn’t.

 

So needless to say I had a lot of time to think and work things out. Sometimes it helped my mood, sometimes it didn’t. I learned quick that any thoughts of Kari were a great way to get depressed so I did my best to keep her out of my head, impossible as it was given that I was, you know, living with her. Aside from that I thought a lot about Mom and my home situation and it started to dawn on me a lot didn’t really fit.

 

The situation was, as I understood it, that because she had her phone off Mom didn’t know I was home and almost killed me. Because of that she flipped out, probably got some PTSD from the last time she crushed someone by accident, and sent me away for my safety. A pretty bullshit situation but it kinda makes sense. Except…it doesn’t.

 

Don’t get me wrong when I say this but my friends wouldn’t offer to take care of me after a short phone call. That is way too big a decision to make on the fly. It had to have been planned at least somewhat ahead of time. Which begs the question, why? Well, I have a little theory. See if you can follow along.

 

I shrank, shocker I know. That brings up a few problems. First: Someone needs to look after me. Naturally the job falls to my parent. Unfortunately, my parent had a bad experience with a shrunken person. So she avoided me like the plague. That in itself could’ve been all the reason she needed to start working this out. But there’s another thing…what shrinking means about me. I’d like to think by this point you can see I’m not a bad guy. Maybe kind of an asshole but not much of a bad guy. But to Mom…Well it was heartbreaking. I assumed we just let it go and moved on but if she didn’t…I’m not saying that’s what motivated her but it fits. It’s possible this was all just precautionary too, shit she did when I first shrank and let it all go once things died down; and when our little incident happened it was the last straw for her to make it happen. It’s not that much of a stretch to see happening. Plus it would explain why three, admittedly able, young college girls were more qualified to take care of me than say…my own Mother? I can understand if she didn’t want to take care of me out of fear for my life but I never heard her say anything like that so what else is there to think?

 

The more I thought like that the more certain I was that’s what it was. It helped me figure something out…but it also meant a lot of people had been planning like this behind my back for weeks…I wonder how long they were? Since I shrank? Before or after I had my adventure with Jaz? How much of this was influenced by behind-the-scenes bullshit? For that matter, was there even any stuff going on in the background to begin with? Not to mention, how far did this go? Were my friends the first choices or did some of my extended family get in on this? I tried asking Kari but she didn’t tell me anything I didn’t already know. After the second or third try I just dropped it. I was probably better off not prodding the bull anyway. Something told me if there were answers to be had I wouldn’t be very happy hearing them.

 

Not that I was very happy anyway. I’ll be straight. I was depressed. Really depressed. Like, poetry writing depressed. Love song listening, leave me alone, please take me back depressed. Though my mood did lighten up anytime I happened to be near Kari if that helps. Forced as our interactions were, it was still time with a giant girl I had feelings for. Unfortunately I fell into that trap people who just got dumped fall into all the time: I kept telling myself that if I was nice enough and did a good enough job that she’d take me back. That went about as well as you’d expected, what with me always trying to be nice and talk to her. I didn’t even get to do much. The best I could offer came around day five of my week with Kari when she came home from work.

 

“My feet are killing me.” She complained to me after immediately falling onto her couch.

 

Like a trained little servant I immediately replied. “I could massage them for you.”

 

She glanced at me on the table and laughed. “Thanks, but I don’t want the smell to kill you.”

 

“It can’t be that bad.”

 

“Trust me.”

 

“Come on Kari. You’re already watching over me. Let me do something for you.”

 

There were a few more lines but in the end my little guilt-trip succeeded and next thing I knew Kari’s feet were looming over me. Not sure what she was so concerned about since there wasn’t much of a smell to speak of. Aside from looking a little beat up they seemed just fine, I might even go so far as to say they looked cute. Course my opinion may be a bit biased. Point is I wasn’t bothered by them and I went to work attempting to massage. Compared to Jaz Kari’s feet were a lot smaller and daintier but they still went up for hundreds and hundreds of feet. What I was doing was about as much of a massage as an ant tapping away at her foot. Damn if I didn’t try though. I worked like my relationship was riding on this and went all out. Sadly, it was pretty clear after a few minutes I wasn’t doing much, if anything; and unlike Jaz Kari wasn’t particularly eager to watch me work at her feet. A few more minutes passed before she pulled her feet back.

 

“Thanks for the effort.” She sighed.

 

Horrified, I immediately protested. “I can do it! Let me keep trying!”

 

Naturally Kari didn’t understand my sudden outrage and not massaging her foot. She gave me a weird look. “Why do you care so much? I appreciate it and all but it’s just a foot rub.”

 

I wasn’t dumb enough to let her know I was hoping this sort of thing would make her change her mind. Heck, I don’t even think I was dumb enough to buy that myself. But as I’ve made clear, I was not exactly thinking with my head right now. So I stubbornly kept arguing, probably creeping Kari out if we’re being totally honest. Eventually I did manage to convince her to put me to work at her toes, but it was definitely a long and repetitive chat I won’t bore you with.

 

Massaging her toes went a lot better since they were considerably smaller than the rest of her foot. Still building-sized of course, but it was at least manageable. I was between Kari’s big and second toe, gently pounding away at the ground all around me. I have to admit here there was definitely some of that stench she warned me about but um…let’s just say I might have not hated it so much as…liked…it...Anyway, it was also a little oily with some sock lint all over the place and I was nice enough to even clean some of that out. Kari kept a nervous eye on me at first, certain that the slightest move on her part would send me flying, which it would but she relaxed after a bit anyway. The massage seemed to at least have an effect when I was by her toes since she didn’t take me out of there after a few minutes this time. Actually, how long was I there? I was so busy constantly working and telling myself that it would change something about us that the time just flew on by. I had to have been there for hours, only moving between different toes. But Kari didn’t tell me to stop so that meant something I guess.

 

If we’re being totally honest here I loved it. I was too shy to ever tell Kari directly that I had a little thing for feet so being able to experience her’s like this was nice. It took a lot of self-control not to do anything stupid like start kissing it or something. Though I may or may not have snuck a couple in when she wasn’t looking. Can you blame me? Cut a guy some slack, I just got dumped and it made me feel marginally better. Though as with all things it had to end before long. Kari gently plucked me from in-between her toes and thanked me, quickly hurrying to make dinner since it’d gotten late.

 

Alas, the rest of the day was as interesting as the others were. I was quite convinced the week would come and go with neither of us really doing much of anything and resuming that awkward silence til the next time we happened to see each other. That is, until my last day at Kari’s.

 

It started off the same as any other day, me sleeping and Kari off doing her usual social responsibilities and what not. Then I was woken up her rather rudely saying “Get up!”

 

She’d always had a playful bossy demeanor to her so I treated it like nothing special. Lazily, I got up and was quickly picked up.

 

“Ready? We’re heading out.”

 

“Kay….” I rubbed the sleep from my eyes. “Wait, what?”