- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Been looking forward to writing this one for a while. Had a lot of fun with it. Hope you guys do too.

 

-----

 

 

I stopped just short of my friend’s foot and took a moment to look at it. It was big obviously, but how huge it was continued to surprise me. Jaz told me in advance how tall her foot was but that was just a number. I couldn’t fully comprehend how big that really was until I up close. I strained my neck to look as far upwards as I could. As far as I could see was this wall of cocoa brown up to the ball of her foot. The toes beyond it were totally blocked by the rest of this monolith in front of me. Even further in the distance, miles and miles away, was the white of the ceiling. It was a honestly a little baffling. I had seen tons of stuff to make me realize what my new height was like but I had yet to actually see how I ranked up to something like a foot. Usually people kept their feet as far away from me as possible, for obvious reasons. As such this was totally new. I was amazed. What was in front of me looked less like a foot and more like a building.

 

Though all things considered it looked nice. I mean, as far as feet went. After shrinking I’d learned to cope with more than a few disgusting sights you don’t see at a normal height. Pores, dirt, veins, hair, you name it. None of that was present here. Jaz’s foot looked as smooth to me as it would to her. That spoke very highly of how she cared for herself. And I mean, I’m no expert or anything but they were uh…nice. I once went on record even going to so far as to call them beautiful but that was a long time ago. As gigantic as they were they seemed like just the right height if that makes any sense, with each toe being an appropriate size in accordance with both the foot and in relation to the other toes. There weren’t any, for lack of a better word, flaws with them. They were just really nice feet (Wow that felt weird to say).

 

They also had this weird sort of presence to them. It’s kind of hard to explain but being next to Jaz’s foot I was fully aware of just how easy it would be to just end me with it. Even the small movements they made just by her breathing were enough to knock me over and if it lowered there would be no way I’d outrun it. But here’s the thing, it didn’t worry me like you’d think it would. They had this really calming air about them (Speaking of, there was a surprising lack of smell to them). I mean, they could totally eviscerate me and no one would ever know but I had this weird confidence that that wouldn’t happen. It was actually a little comforting. Up close I could feel this gentle warmth in the air surrounding her foot. It was the kind of warmth you’d only feel when a person touched you. How long had it been since I’d known that comfortable feeling? These days whenever a person touched me they felt annoyingly hot to the touch or didn’t feel anything special at all. The last time I felt something like this was probably the last time I held Kari before shrinking. It was a weird feeling to suddenly be having, especially from my friend’s foot, but it had just the right level of heat radiating from it. It just…felt nice in a way I can’t really explain.

 

“Sorry, my feet are probably still hot from being in my shoes all day.”

 

“No, it’s nice.” I replied without realizing it.

 

I immediately regretted that when a loud cackle rang out in the distance, “Knew you were a foot boy. No more excuses then. Get to work!” Her foot shoved itself against me, demanding to be rubbed.

 

Whatever bizarre trance I was in was now over and I returned back to my normal skeptical self. Just my luck the phone nearby was just close enough to pick up my voice from here. Without much choice I finally began to massage.

 

If you could call it that.

 

Let’s be real here. I’m like, the size of an ant. Maybe smaller, maybe bigger, I don’t know how big an ant is. What was in front of me is the equivalent of a skyscraper, and a pretty big one at that. There was zero chance in hell I could do anything resembling a massage here. Just trying would be beyond pointless.

 

But, for some reason I tried, I actually tried pretty damn hard. Jaz’s sole was…tricky. You’d expect a foot to be relatively soft, especially a girl’s foot, and it definitely was. It just wasn’t as soft as you might expect. I tentatively pushed my hand against the bottom to see what I was up against and my hand definitely worked itself in a little bit but after a couple inches it was like there was a wall there. It stopped me from pushing any further and was a really jarring surprise when the rest was relatively soft. I pulled my hand out and watched as the skin I pushed in readjusted itself so that only a faint handprint was embedded in a miniscule portion of Jaz’s much bigger foot print. My hand reached out again and gently rubbed beside the handprint. Beneath my palm I could make out the many distinct ridges of the print lines, each line roughly as wide as my hand. Yet somehow it came together for a strangely satisfying feeling that was some in-between for ridged and smooth. It was helped by that same warmth I felt earlier radiating just under my palm.

 

Once more I was snapped out of my fascination, this time by the sound of my giantess friend clearing her throat. “As pretty as they are I don’t got all day there footboy.”

 

I sighed, but finally began to actually massage. I’d never actually massaged anything before but from what I knew of it I decided the best thing to do would be to grab some of the print lines with my hands and try to push them as well as I could for a few moments before moving to a slightly different location to repeat the process.

 

Jaz moaned loudly. "Mm…That feels nice…”

 

“You don’t need to play it up.”

 

“I know.” The pleasure in her voice vanished. “But I have to at least pretend since you’re doing such a bad job.”

 

“Then you come here and rub your feet!”

 

“Where’s the fun in that? Just massage harder.”

 

Massage harder.” I grumbled under breath. “What do you want me to do, punch your damn foot?”

 

I was joking but it basically turned into that after a few more minutes of me failing. At Jaz’s request, and I’m really stretching the word request, I started beating on her foot with as much strength as I could manage. Right away I felt my knuckles start to hurt and what little stamina I had began to leave me but it seemed like it was doing much better than my basic rubbing was.

 

“At least now I feel something.” Jaz grunted. “I suppose it’ll do.”

 

She made me do this for ten minutes, ten long, tiring, pointless minutes of pounding on her foot and calling it a massage.

 

“Alright you can stop. This isn’t working.” Jaz’s finger played with her lips as she made audible thinking sounds.

 

“You think? What do you expect at my height?” I complained. After falling over and panting for air that is. Seriously, punching for ten minutes is hard.

 

“Hmm…Maybe…?” Jaz leaned over and began reaching near me.

 

“What are you up to n-OWWWWWW?!?”

 

For the record that latter bit was me screaming as I was lifted into the air.

 

No one had ever just up and picked me up before so it totally caught me off guard. I was held in place only by the two titanic nails pinching my shirt. If it tore…well judging by the height it was something around a 900 foot drop. I handled this about as well as you would expect.

 

“Please dear God Jaz put me down! This isn’t funny!”

 

Yep, I handled it marvelously. I remember flailing like a maniac and screaming several obscenities. In hindsight the flailing was probably more dangerous than Jaz actually picking me up was. And I was most certainly out of phone range by now so she couldn’t hear me anyway. I was so frantic I only barely realized where I was soon placed: between Jaz’s toes. Her big and second toe to be exact.

 

“Try there.”

 

“Try what exactly? Sorry if I’m having trouble keeping up after you threw me through the fucking air!”

 

Of course I got no answer, nor did I move. After that I needed a moment to myself.

 

A moment my friend did not seem to want me to have. “Get to massaging shorty! Feel free to clean up a bit too.”

 

I rolled my eyes, “Starting to feel pretty used right about now.”

 

Naturally I was more than a little worked up so I took a deep breath. “Okay, let’s do this.” And believe it or not, once I calmed down I went back to massaging. This time my target was the ground beneath my own feet, the space between Jaz’s toes.

 

If her foot was surreal before this was something else entirely. Her toes were close enough together it felt like I was in a canyon of…well skin. Both of Jaz’s shapely toes rose up as high as a building and were just far enough apart to make it feel like I was in a hallway. My eyes looked down past the edge of her toes once and I immediately regretted it. I didn’t peer directly over the edge but I knew I was pretty damn high in the air. Did I ever mention I was scared of heights? Cause I’m really scared of heights. Specifically the, “I’m in danger of falling.” kind of heights. I avoided that feeling by trying to throw myself into my task, as bullshit as it was. If I opted to look up I could see Jaz in the distance, leg outstretch and smiling directly at me, watching me the entire time like it was the most entertaining thing in the world.

 

“That actually feels kinda nice.” Jaz said after a minute or two.

 

“I said don’t play it up.” Even though I said that I had the feeling she was actually being sincere. That motivated me a bit to put some oomph into it. I hadn’t resorted to my glorious punching technique quite yet and it thankfully didn’t seem necessary.

 

“Maybe you’re not useless after all tiny.”

 

Wasn’t this an intervention? Seemed a lot more like I was being used for free labor. Regardless, I let her have her fun. And I admit; I wasn’t exactly hating it. It was actually kind of relaxing. I was keeping myself busy and even though I wasn’t talking to anyone I didn’t feel that same, depressing loneliness I did at home. All the issues I’d been having didn’t seem nearly as bad as they were. Something as simple and menial as this actually seemed to give me some clarity on things. For the first time in a long time I actually began felt a little optimistic again. Next thing I knew I was humming as I switched to rubbing the towering toes around me. Though the humming began to die down when I realized that there were nine more toes, and an entire other foot.

 

But I’ll be damned if it didn’t actually go by a little quick. Once I had a rhythm going the only thing that ever broke my pace was moving between toes. Whenever Jaz had enough she’d let me know then move me to the next spot that needed massaging, occasionally delivering the snarky remarks I’d expect from her. She seemed particularly fond of belittling me about the fact I was too small to talk back to her but I couldn’t tell you the details. Tuning her out was surprisingly easy despite how loud her voice was.

 

“Alright, that’s enough Rob.” Jaz interrupted me mid-massage and picked me up again. This time I found myself placed in her palm. The ground beneath me kept moving so I quickly seated myself and used one of her palm prints as a seat.

 

“You did alright…for a bug.”

 

By this point I’d totally given up responding to her and just let her continue.

 

“God, so small you can’t even talk to me. What a loser.”

 

She’d hand out a few more insults then probably place me down and start whatever next game she had in mind. That’s okay though. I was ready for anything.

 

“Hope you’re feeling a little better now.”

 

I was not ready for that.

 

She smiled at me. Not a witty or mischievous smile, but a genuine, heartfelt one. “You really haven’t changed have you? You’ve been like this as long as we’ve known each other.” I fought the urge to pointlessly ask her what the hell she was talking about. She chuckled as if she felt my confusion. “You always try to act like everything’s okay but you just wind up freaking yourself out. You gotta learn to take a moment and just breathe. Quit being stubborn.”

 

Wait.

 

Was that was this all was?

 

Was this whole massage thing just her way of giving me a “moment” to think?

 

…Nah, she had to be screwing with me. Any second now she’d stick her tongue out and laugh. The Jaz I knew was never this sentimental.

 

Except, her tongue never stuck out. She just looked…relieved. Was she actually...worried…about…me…?

 

“Moving on.” Whatever look she had reverted back to the one I always knew, completely ruining the moment.

 

“Now what?!” Likewise, I reverted back to my usual self.

 

“I told you.” Jaz smirked. “You might wind up getting hired by someone who’d reward you for doing a good job. You did a good job.” The hand I was sitting on moved, adjusting just slightly enough that my vision wasn’t focused on her face anymore. Now I found myself staring at her rather revealing top.

 

“And this is your reward.”