- Text Size +
Carly walked into the house and went straight to the kitchen. She went to the cupboards and grabbed a clean glass, filling it with some ice, she grabbed the pitcher from the fridge and poured herself a glass of juice.

The house was quiet with Trish away at school and Yankee had stopped barking the moment that he recognized her. After greeting her at the door, the little dog ran back upstairs, which told Carly that her mother must have been upstairs too.

She started toward the stairs and saw Diane at the top, making her way down the steps in her flowered skirt and black strappy open-toed heels.

“Hey Mom, where are you off to?”, she asked her.

Diane gracefully side-stepped the stairway, as she came down the stairs. Her face was slightly blushed as she glanced up at her daughter.

“We were,... I mean, I’m going out for dinner later and I was just straightening up a few things”, she told her.

Diane always looked well put together, even if she had just finished exercising, she still looked like she could walk down a runway and turn every head in the place.

Carly sat down in the reclining chair and sipped at her juice, as her mother stepped down onto the floor and strolled passed her. She could see that her daughter had something weighing on her mind, and this time Diane knew exactly what it was…

“Where’s your sister today?”, she asked, as she headed into the kitchen.

“Her, and Chloe, went to that ‘pig roast ‘ thing, over in Larch, I suppose they’ll be there all afternoon”, she answered.

“Oh? Why aren’t you with them?”, she asked.

“Well, I did ride over there with ‘em, but I just didn’t feel very good so I decided to leave. There was just too much noise, I don’t like all that horrendous smoke stink that churns out of those smokers either”.

Diane grabbed a short glass from the tray by the bar and poured herself a straight shot of bourbon. She quickly downed it and rinsed out the glass. She poured another glass half way up with soda and stepped to the fridge for a single ice cube.

Her hands were shaking as she steadied the glass on the edge of the counter. Thoughts of her tiny son-in-law fluttered through her mind…

Diane didn’t tell little Bobby that his wife Carly had just arrived at the house. She hastily placed him down into their new hiding spot, trapped within the huge pile of stuffed animals and colorful pillows, temporarily leaving him there, so that she could quickly leave her bedroom and go downstairs to meet her daughter.

She just simply told him that someone was outside, and that she would have to go down and see who it was.
”I’ll be back sweety, someone’s here…”, she whispered, as she stuffed him into the pile of fluffy pillows.

She felt a bit uncomfortable, as she stepped back into the living room to sit with her daughter. The idea of keeping her husband from her, didn’t settle too well, but after fully realizing what they had done to him, Diane didn’t feel like just handing him right back over to her.

Besides, she kinda liked the idea of having a little ‘friend’. Someone so small, and completely helpless without her…

The way it made her feel when she picked him up. The incredible way that he looked up at her, like a frightened child, he was just so tiny. She didn’t want to tell her daughter, just yet.

She liked the idea of having him all to herself.

“So, where’s Bobby?”, she casually spoke from the side of her mouth as she sipped from the glass.

“He’s…. He, he hasn’t come home yet”, she stammered with her words.

“Actually, I don’t know where he is mom, he’s been missing for almost two weeks and I have no idea where he is!”, she suddenly blurted out.

“What?”, Diane asked, feigning her sincerity.

“I thought he would have been back by now”, she started sobbing.

Diane leaned forward and placed her glass down on the coffee table.

“Oh, he’ll be back Carly”, she lowered her tone. “Bobby loves you, and he wouldn’t just pick up and leave without telling you”.

Carly wanted so badly to tell her mother what had happened to him, but that would mean that she would have to tell her everything, about what her and Jennifer, had actually done to her husband.

She would never believe it in the first place, and if she did, what would she think?

No, she couldn’t tell her mother anything, about any of this, it would only be bringing someone else into the problem and there wasn’t anything that her mother could do to help her anyway.

“I suppose you’re right mom “, Carly whispered.

“He’s probably on his way home right now dear”, Diane calmly told her.

“He’s a very intelligent man, I think you’re just getting all worked up over nothing”


Diane reached over and softly caressed her shoulder. She knew that Carly was extremely upset, but she just couldn’t bring herself to tell her that she already knew about everything.

She still couldn’t truly believe that her own daughter’s had used this ‘experimental’ serum. Let alone, the fact that they had subjected Carly’s own husband to it, which she supposedly ‘loved’?

This was unnatural, such a drastic physical change to the human body. Yet, Jen and Carly had just uncaringly shrunken this poor guy down to the size of an action figure.

Diane tried to consider why they had gone through with this. She tried to imagine doing it to her own husband, although, it did physically arouse her to imagine it. She, she just knew that she would never actually do it!

Bobby was so helpless at this miniature size, his entire life had just been ripped away from him…

He couldn’t even get down from the kitchen table without someone else’s help. He had to wear doll’s clothes, and eat with his fingers, because the regular forks and spoons were just too large for him.

It would be virtually impossible for him to go back to his former life, the fact that he was so defenceless against even the smallest of living things, creatures that were just a simple nuisance to everyone else could pose a major problem for someone so small.

Her miniature poodle Yankee, whom only weighed eight pounds, could easily snatch this tiny little man up inside his jaws and gobble him down like a double-cheese burger!

“Well, I think I’ll go for a swim, then maybe go up to my old room and take a nap”, Carly said, as she slowly got to her feet…

“Jen and Chloe won’t be back until late so, I’ll just hang out here, okay?”, Carly said.

“Sure honey, I’m just going to put away some more things, and then I’ll be going out for awhile. If you decide to leave before I get back, be sure and lock up, alright”, Diane told her.

“Okay Mom, you don’t have to remind me”, Carly yelled out, as she swiftly climbed up the stairs.

Diane swiftly followed her back up the steps, quickly heading back to her bedroom. She closed the door behind her, and leaned back against it…taking in a deep breath, she closed her eyes and slowly released it.

The moment she opened her eyes, they instantly fell upon the chair that held all the stuffed animals.
“Bobby?”, she whispered.

Stepping closer toward the chair, she carefully picked her steps, in fear of accidentally stepping on her little friend, she tip-toed across the floor in her black spike heels.

“Bobby, where are you… sweetie, it’s okay, it’s just me!”, she crept closer to the chair, her eyes searching all around expectantly.

There beside of a black and white panda bear was little Bobby, tucked between it’s rounded legs fast asleep.

Diane stepped over to her vanity and picked up her dress purse. She unsnapped the clasp and opened it up as wide as it would go. Holding it down at her waist she estimated if her little living ‘possession’ could actually fit inside…

The purse that she had chosen, was the smaller one of her purse collection and it seemed that he would fit quite nicely inside it. Dianes fingers smoothly slipped around his naked shoulders and carefully gripped them up.

She lifted him up very slowly, gently placing him into the center of the soft, violet colored, satin lining. His legs hung down, as she carefully lowered his tiny figure inside. She tucked him into the softness and carefully clipped the purse shut.

She turned toward her mirror and took one last look at her make up. She ran the hairbrush through her hair a few times before she grabbed her car keys and walked out of her room.




*