- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This chapter will be split in multiple parts as it's rather long. Hope you enjoy .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Steven felt amazing for the first time in quite a while. It had been a day since his conversation with his new "coach" Vivian and his ... other conversation with Sandra and his spirits had never been higher. To be honest it was his talk with Sandra that really eased his mind since he now had something worth fighting for. With the support of two amazing people he was sure he would be able to combat this disease, and nothing could stand in his way. Not even his psychopathic sister, Jade. With this passion running through him he was almost eager to just stand proud and announce to his family that he was a shrinker. But then the logical part of his brain would tell him that was fucking stupid and if he did that then everything would be ruined.

 

Which was partly true. If he told his family then he would be practically handing Linda a weapon to use against him. Since he was still living at home with his family then the justice system would clearly see Linda as his temporary guardian until he chose a real one. Of course she wouldn't even let him so much as leave the house once she found out and would use her new found power to completely dominate him. She did it with his father and she would most certainly do it to him. He had resisted her for far too long and she would love a chance to finally put him in his place.

 

And it was because of this that he was trying to get out of the house as soon as possible. The quicker and quieter he escaped the clutches of his demented mother and evil sister the better. And if she didn't know about it then Jade wouldn't be able to set up some counter measure. Stealth was his greatest asset right now. Which is why he was now checking out apartments to move in and why he was currently walking down the hall with his possible future landlord.

 

Mrs Boxy was a young and attractive woman who owned an apartment two doors down from her own. She charged little rent and wanted someone who could move in ASAP which is exactly what Steven was looking for. The apartment itself was tiny and horrible so he could clearly see why is was so cheap but he didn't care. It was perfect in his eyes and he could easily see himself working he as he got smaller and smaller (At least the apartment would become more roomy, he thought to himself). He might even invite one of his friends to live with him once his condition worsened. However, that dream ended with a quick conversation with the lady.

 

"So, you interested in renting or what?" She asked as she leaned against the doorframe. She was very tired and looked like she had been up all night.

"Yes. This place is perfect"

 

Her eyes lit up when she heard he wanted it.

"Really? Brilliant! No one has even considered it for two seconds once they saw what it looked like. To be honest I was thinking about cleaning it up but it just seemed like so much work and I already have so much to do..." The woman continued to ramble on for another couple of minutes. Being patient, Steven waited for her to finish, after all he was just as excited as her. "O.k, I'll just need three months worth of rent, and some identification"

"I can write you a check right now" He said as he pulled out his ID. However, the problem then started when he handed her the laminated card. Looking it over she stared down at him with accusing eyes before handing back the cars.

"The room aint for sale" She turned around and started leaving the room.

"What? ... Why?" He ran after her as she turned around and looked down on his shorter body.

"It's strange. That ID says that the person who owns it is taller than I am. But you are clearly not. I wonder why"

 

Steven gulped as he looked at his identification. sure enough it had his original height written just under his date of birth. Looking back up he quickly changed his attitude.

 

"Oh, that? That's just an error. I've been meaning to fix it for a while now, but I guess I just forgot about it. You shouldn't read too much into it" He tried to sound casual but his desperation was seeping through his voice. He needed this apartment more than anything.

"Well, when you get that mistake fixed I'd be happy to accept you as my tenant. But until then" She pointed her finger to the door.

"I can pay you double. You can charge me as much as you want!" He opened his arms pleading with her "I have money, I can afford to pay any rate you want"

"Do you think I want someone who's just going to die in a month and not pay any rent? Do you know what people would think of me if they knew I had something like you living in my apartment? Find youself a guardian and mooch off of them cause this charity is closed!"

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How unpleasant. Driving into his driveway Steven disengaged the engine to stared down at his steering wheel. He'd waited too long and now he couldn't even pass in todays society as a normal person. He'd waited too long and he was trapped in this godforsaken hellhole. Too long, and now his only option was to try and stay with friends.

 

As he entered the house those words echoed in his head as he walked into the living room and saw Jade. She was reading a book at the table while Scott worked on Linda's laptop on the couch next to her. In front of her was a chess board with a bunch of pieces in different positions; it looked like she was already in the middle of a game. Looking up she stared at Steven with a smiling face.

 

"Hello Stevy" She sang sweetly as she gestured to the chair on the other side of the chess board. "Won't you come and play with me?"

"I'm a little busy now. I don't have time for you Jade" She started clicking her tongue in disapproval and she wagged her finger at Steven.

"What did we say about being respectful? Or have you already forgotten about our deal?" She was of course referring to their deal they made in which Steven had to call her 'goddess'. Looking at Scott, Steven answered through clenched teeth.

"We're not alone, so ixnay on the ealday!"



Jade got up from her chair and started encircling Steven like a hawk circling its prey.



"Alone? Well, by law I am alone. There's no one in this room but me. Me and two Shrinkers. Would you say I'm not if I was with a pet cat? Well, if you wanted to be technical you could but you wouldn't say I was with another person, would you?" She was speaking so calmly and politely, it unnerved Steven so much. "Besides I've already told him everything. We've had a lovely conversation while I waited for you to get home" She was standing right behind him and breathing into his neck. His personal space didn't even exist to her and he felt far too disturbed to do anything about it.



"You told him?" he finally said, not turning his head to face he but instead speaking as if she were in front of him "Then you broke our agreement"

 

Jade put her head next to Steven's so their faces were both staring forward. When she spoke it was in a whisper so quiet he could barely hear it still sent chills down his spine.



"I didn't break the rules since Scott isn't a person. And even if I did what are you going to do about it?" It was as if she were daring him to go against her. Daring him to fight her control just so she could forcefully put him in his place.



She was right. This agreement was simply designed to make Steven her personal slave less she reveal his secret to everyone. It was foolish to think he could do anything to stop her. He was feeling more vulnerable than he had ever felt before, the previous emotions of strength and spirit were all but shattered. She didn't move away from behind him but rather continued speaking while grabbing his arm in her vice like grip.



"You know,I've been reading some interesting books in my spare time." She held his left arm tight as her right hand slit around his waist. He gulped as he answered.



"W-What about?" He just wanted her to let him go but her hands persisted in caressing his hips and stomach.



"Oh, just about the mentality of pack animals and how one animal can show dominance over another. In some groups the dominant animal will take advantage of smaller and weaker members of the group both physically and sexually in order to show that they're the Alpha." Her hand was now over his crotch and grabbing his penis causing it to become semi-erect. "The weaker animals will accept this abuse as a token of their submittal." Finally she licked is face before softly laughing. "What do you think of that notion?" His penis was now unwillingly erect and a held it in her hands before finally returning to her chair to sit down.



Steven felt thoroughly sick to his stomach as every instinct was telling him to run away from this disturbing creature and yet his legs refused to move. Whether it was because he had lost control of his body from shock or fear he did not know. All he did know was that when Jade asked him to sit down again he obliged automatically.



"Anyway, I'll forgive you this one time. In fact I grow weary of that name. You can just call me Jade from now on" She threw the book onto the couch and sat up straight facing Steven as he sat down opposite her.



His face white and his eyes wide open. Now that she said he can just call her Jade he kind of didn't want to. It now felt like he was submitting to her even if he just called her by her normal name.



Looking at the chess pieces It was obvious that he was in a bad position and Jade had the upperhand. It wouldn't take much work for her to win. Looking closely Steven noticed that there was little pieces of paper attached to each player with different words on them. Money, Megan, Friends, And each pawn had a different number on them from 1 to 8.

 

"What sort of chess game is this?"

"Oh, I never said this was chess" She picked up a piece labeled Society and moved it so that his King was in check. The King was labeled Freedom. "It's more of a demonstration. As you can see your freedom is being attacked by society. You have no rights in their eyes"

 

He moved his King and hid it behind a Rook labeled Friends.

"I have people who can help me. People who aren't brainwashed by the stupidity of society."



"That's true. Sandra, Brian and Jessica. Very nice friends who'd never turn against one of their own" Steven was a little unnerved by the fact that she knew their names. He often didn't speak of his personal life to his family. "However, you aren't exactly free to do what you want in this house. If Linda found out that you were a shrinker." She moved her piece labeled Society again and took out his Friends piece. "She'd trap you within this house and never let you leave. You wouldn't be able to get your friends help. And society would simply see it as your step mother trying o protect you from the harsh world."



Steven couldn't see a way out. Her pieces were closing in on his king and all of his other pieces were too far away to do anything. Even if they could do something he doubt Jade would let him move them unless they actually had an impact in real life. This isn't a normal game of chess after all. He continued thinking when he felt something caress his leg causing his to jump in fright.



Jade continued to Look at him with narrowed eyes as her feet slowly rubbed up against his legs, his heart racing as his mind screamed for him to get away from her. But he didn't and he continued to stare down at the chess board. He was about to move a piece when Jade snatched up one of his pawns and removed it.



"Sorry, you took too long. Now you just lost more height." Is that what those Pawns represented? He picked up his piece labeledIntelligence and moved it over to kill her piece labels Society.



"I'm Smart. I'll be able to get by and avoid the racism of society. If I wanted to leave I would able to and there is nothing you could do to stop me. You or Society"



A wide smile spread across Jade's face as she looked down at the board.

 

         "Yes, I do believe you would be able to avoid falling for that trap but I think You're forgetting something." She removed another Pawn to show he had shrunk further

         "Sooner or later your smart little mind won't be able to protect you. Another thing I found interesting was some of the stories that our dear father told me" Scott was sitting on the couch next to them as he continued to work on the computer. Her hand rubbing his back as if he were a cat.

         "A few months back Megan let it slip that she had over $15,000 in her account. Apparently this little thing" She continued to lovingly stroke Scott on the back "had given it to her when he still had control over his own money. Of course Linda forced her to hand over the entire amount." She let out a faint laugh as she continued to stare at Steven "ultimately she caved in. It took an entire five minutes and she submitted. Now there's a true pet" Steven was red in the face as her foot continued rubbing further up his leg. What was she trying to do? "I wonder if he did anything else like"

 

Steven looked at her. He didn't know how to respond exactly. He hadn't told them he had money for that exact reason. If Linda found out about his money and that he was a shrinker at the same time she wouldn't hesitate to force the money away. There would be nothing he could do. In the eyes of the law that money pretty much belonged to her now.

"I- I wouldn't know. Hasn't done anything like that for me."

Jade smiled deeply as her hand extended across the table and grabbed his. his stomach turned as he felt more and more trapped. He could feel the dryness of her hand in contrast to his sweaty palms and heart was racing wildly. he had no idea what her intentions were. Was she trying to threaten him? Take his money? Humiliate him? Because she wasn't really doing any of those. he was, however, thoroughly creeped out. Something Jade seemed to notice.

"Hmm, your pulse is racing" She said, slowly caressing his wrist to feel his pulse "Are you nervous? Are you afraid of me?"

"No" Steven said that a bit too quickly and knew it sounded pathetic. Jade finally stopped staring at him and looked down at the board. "Well, it seems things have changed." She picked up and removed one of her pieces titled imprisonment leaving her kingSlavery completely vulnerable to one of his rooks Money. "Now that you have money you'll be able to leave. We can't stop you. You've already said that yuo're smart enough to get around all the shrinker regulations for the time being and using this money you should be able to easily get you're own place. Or maybe move in with a friend. I guess you win"

Steven looked down at the game. How could he win that easily? There has to be a catch. He picked up his rook and moved it over, knocking over her King, therefore winning the game. His heart, rather than calming down, started to speed up as Jade's eyes glowed. Her leg was now resting next to his crotch and was rubbing softly however his attention was devoted to her right now. She picked up one of her pieces and started to move it.

"You can't do that. The game is over" He spoke softly. he didn't want her to answer why she was doing this.

"I said that this isn't Chess. It's life. And in life we have to evaluate the consequences of our actions. You have made the action of leaving but life in this house still goes on.

She moved her Queen (Titled Linda) And moved it over to his piece (Megan). Knocking it over the small piece rolled onto the floor.

"If you left then what do you think would happen to you dear sister Megan? you'd be abandoning her to Linda's wrath and i just know that she wouldn't hesitate to kick ehr out. Especially after I tell her that megan knew you were a Shrinker all along and didn't tell linda. So now your future is secure but what about her? And what about your father? he's getting smaller and smaller and one day he will suffer at the hand of Linda. And you won't be there to stop it. Will you abandon your family?"

 

Chapter End Notes:

-----------------------------------

So... What'd ya think ? ;)
Let me know in a review what'll like to see.