- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Joe and Michelle struggle to keep Joe's condition a secret, but is all this lying really worth it. Plus, Joe's friend Jake comes by for a visit.

“Gah! Stacy, when did- sorry I didn’t hear you come in,” stuttered Michelle, quickly covering Joe up in both her hands. She was careful not to hit his head, a gesture that Joe was ever grateful for.

“I… just got here,” said Stacy, looking around the room. Her bleach blonde hair came to about her shoulders, and her bright blue eyes scanned the room.

“Who were you talking too? And why were you kneeling in front of your bed table?” she asked. Michelle broke into a cold sweat, and she could feel Joe squirming nervously in her hands.

“Hmm? What? No I was just, ah, I dropped something and- well I was on the phone too, so-,” Michelle sputtered on.

Joe put his head in his hands. This was just getting worse. Not only was Michelle a terrible lier, but she worked terribly under pressure.

‘Dr. Cale is gonna have my head,’ he thought. Back on the outside, Stacy was giving Michelle a weird look.

“You alright, hun? You don’t look too good,” she said, and her eyes came to a rest at Michelle’s hands, which looked to be holding something.

“What are you holding?” she asked.

“Nothing!” said Michelle, a little too quickly, and brought her hands behind her back. She mentally apologized to Joe, who was probably about to puke after her quick and rough movements.

Joe held on as best he could as his whole world moved by at incredible speed. Michelle had unclenched her hands to put them behind her back. Once behind her, they came together again, only this time, her hands did not clench around him, giving Joe a better view. She held him at waist level, and Joe got a nice and up-close meeting with Michelle’s rear end.

“God I hope she doesn’t fart,” he said, chuckling a little despite the position he currently found himself in.

“I don’t believe you. Come on, show me your hands,” said Stacy, standing in front of Michelle. Joe’s ears perked up. Shit. She must have seen him.

“M-my hands? Oh, um…” Michelle was starting to run out of ideas. Joe knew it was up to him. He had to think fast.

“Come on, use your head. You’ve been in stickier situations. Come on, come on!” Joe said, racking his brains. He looked back at Michelle’s butt, and realized he was pretty close to her back pocket. The pants she wore were in no way baggy, but Joe didn’t see another solution.

“This had better work,” he said. Standing up, he backed up a bit, got a running start, and leapt from Michelle’s hand, reaching forward as far as he could. Success! His hands grabbed hold of Michelle’s back right pocket, and he quickly pulled himself up and into it. He kept his head out, not wanting to mess with his injury anymore than necessary.

Michelle’s heart nearly stopped when she felt Joe’s tiny feet leave her palm, but almost sighed in relief when she felt him crawl into her back pocket. Smiling, she brought her hands up and showed Stacy her empty hands.

“See? Told you, nothing in my hands,” Michelle laughed, nervously. Stacy raised an eyebrow, than shrugged.

“You sure are acting weird. So, where’s Joe?  I saw his car out front,” she said, and smiled suddenly, as if she understood it all.

“Ah, I see. Did you two have a little fun last night?” she said, winking, and Michelle blushed.

“Stacy, cut it out,” she said, trying to side step Stacy. But she wasn’t quick enough.

“Ah come on, I’m just playing. But seriously, where is he?” she asked, looking around the room, still not letting Michelle pass by.

“Oh he’s… around,” said Michelle, not totally lying. Stacy smiled and glanced down the hall.

“What, is he running around naked or something?” laughed Stacy. Michelle laughed nervously.

“What? No, of course not just let me-,” then they heard a sound; The un-mistakable sound of a sneeze. It was neither from Stacy, nor Michelle, but from Joe. He had done everything in his power to not let it out, but in the end, he lost it, and let out a violently loud sneeze.

The worst part of it was that Michelle’s room was small, and it was incredibly obvious where the sneeze had come from. Stacy looked at Michelle.

“Did… did your ass just sneeze?” she said. Michelle just froze, not knowing what to say. Joe was done. This was too much, and knowing Michelle and Stacy’s relationship, coupled with the fact they LIVED together, he might as well come clean.

“For god’s sake, Michelle, bring me up please,” shouted Joe. Michelle hesitated, than reached back for him, gingerly taking him out of her pocket.

“Was that Joe?” asked Stacy, looking around the room, then out into the hallway. He was nowhere to be seen.

“Michelle, what’s-,” started Stacy, then froze, mid sentence, her mouth hanging slightly ajar as she stared at a two inch Joe, standing in the palm of a nervous Michelle.

“You were bound to find out sooner or later,” said Joe, arms across his chest. He stared at Stacy with a slightly amused grin on his face. At a time like this, all he could think to do was smile. After all, things had gone so badly up till now, they couldn’t possible get worse.

It turned out to be too much for Stacy. Her mind could not take what she was seeing, and everything started to get blurry.

“Oh… well then,” she said, before her eyes rolled back and she fell to the ground with a thud. Michelle and Joe glanced down at her. Joe looked back at Michelle.

“Well… that could have gone better,” he said, and Michelle nodded in agreement.

 

 

Jake walked up the front walkway of Michelle and Stacy’s house, as a buddy of his pulled away down the street. He had gone to the party the night before with Joe and Michelle, but ended up getting separated from them some time during the night. One thing led to another, and he woke up that morning with his pants off in an empty bathtub still at the house.

Not having a car, he had called his friend Barry to ask for a ride over to Michelle’s house, where he knew almost for sure they were at. He wanted to make sure they had ended up at home ok, and seeing both their cars in the driveway made him feel a little better. He made his way up to the door, and without knocking, walked in.

“Hey, guys, thanks for leaving me last… night?” called out Jake. He saw Michelle sitting in a chair next to the couch where Stacy lay, seeming to be asleep. Michelle’s eyes went wide and she got up immediately, shielding Jake from Stacy’s head.

“Jake! Hey, what’s up?” she said, nervously. Jake raised an eyebrow.

“Well, other then a sore back from spending the night in a bath tub, I’m fine. Is, ah, Stacy ok?” he asked.

“Yeah, she’d fine, just tired is all,” said Michelle, still standing awkwardly. Suddenly, Jake heard Joe’s voice.

“Relax, Michelle, he knows,” said Joe. And Michelle looked back towards Stacy’s head.

“Wait really? Oh, um ok,” said Michelle, sitting back down. Jake took one look at the couch arm and saw Joe sitting atop, near Stacy’s head, the size of an action figure. Jake sighed and ran his hands through his hair.

“You really are a piece of work, you know that Joe?” he said, walking over towards his shrunken best friend.

“I try,” said Joe, as Jake kneeled down. Joe had a bandage around his head. It looked fresh, but a small blotch of red had formed in the center of it. Joe was almost completely naked, save for the bandage underwear he had fashioned around his waist. He looked like he was in pain, but seemed to be in high spirits. He sat Indian style between Michelle and the sleeping Stacy.

“You guys have had a busy morning,” he said, looking down at Joe.

“You have no idea,” sighed Joe. Jake put his chin in his hand.

“Let me guess, you didn’t take your meds this morning, bonked your head, shrank, and Stacy passed out when she saw you,” he said, and Joe glared at him.

“Basically. And you and I both know this never lasts,” said Joe, gesturing to himself. He took a sharp intake of breath, and Jake’s smile vanished.

 

“How bad is it?” he asked, and Joe’s face grew solemn.

“Don’t know. It’s been almost an hour. I think I might need to go see Dr. Cale. At least to go check and make sure I don’t have a concussion,” he said, and Jake nodded.

“Not a bad idea. What about sleeping beauty here?” he said, looking at Stacy.

“We have to wait until she wakes up. I’m pretty sure she’s gonna have some questions,” said Joe, looking over at Michelle.

“How are you doing?” he asked, and Michelle smiled.

“I’m doing just fine, stop worrying. You’re the one with the head wound,” she said, and she scooped Joe up from his little spot, cuddling him. Jake stifled a laugh.

“Funny, Joe never let ME do that to him,” he snickered, receiving a middle finger from the diminutive man in Michelle’s hands.

“Seriously, though, you’re usually more careful than this, Joe,” said Jake, and Michelle stopped, setting her palm down and upright so Joe could get a better look around. He looked up at Jake as he continued.

“There’s more to this than a simple fall. What happened?” he asked, and Michelle bit her lip. Before she could say anything, Joe answered first.

“It is what it is, Jake. I got careless, it happens. I had too much to drink last night, and was making my way outside to my car when I slipped and hit my head on the table. Simple as that,” he said, and glanced up at Michelle, who smiled down on him.

“If it hadn’t been for Michelle, here, I don’t know where I’d be right now,” he said, and Michelle brought him up to her lips for another almost full body kiss.

“You are just too cute you know that?” she squealed, and Joe laughed. Now that Michelle knew, and he didn’t have to hide his condition from her anymore, he found being this small all the more bearable, if not a pleasure.

Jake wasn’t fully convinced, but he didn’t press for answers. Joe would tell him eventually. For now, they had to get him back to normal, and that meant getting him to Dr. Cale.

Just then, Stacy began to stir, and everyone turned his or her attention to her as she groggily sat up.

“Ugh, my head,” she said, and Joe laughed.

“You think your head hurts?” he shouted, loud enough for Stacy to hear.

“Wha,” she said, and looked towards the source of the voice. She took one look at the two inch Joe, and it all came flooding back to her. Stacy’s eyes grew wide and she sat up straight, staring at Joe like a deer caught in headlights.

“So you’re actually…” she couldn’t finish the rest as Joe nodded his head.

“Yeah, Stacey, it’s really me,” he said, and stood up. Michelle put her hand on the couch arm and Joe hopped off, standing tall so that Stacy could get a good look at him. After a few seconds, she managed to find her voice.

“But… how?” she asked, and Joe sighed.

“I got hit in the head. And before you ask how that did it, it’s a long story,” he said, holding his hands up to silence her. Stacy was still shocked when she heard Jake laughing. She looked at him and glared.

“What’s so funny? And why aren’t you freaking out?” she asked, and Jake laughed even harder.

“It never ceases to amaze me the reactions Joe get’s,” he said, and Stacy looked back at Joe. He looked up at her and smiled.

“Now Stacy, we need you to come with us. We need to take a little trip,” he said, and Stacy inched closer apprehensively, still not totally sure if this was real or not.

“A-a trip? To where?” she asked, and Joe pointed at his head.

“Doctors. I’m in the need of a bit of medical attention,” he said, pointing at his bandage.