- Text Size +

Marcus and Alison sat at the lab bench, both pairs of eyes staring eagerly at the potion bubbling over the burner.  They dared not look away, or else the potion might be ruined.  Marcus had worked so long for this, and it was Alison’s dream.  Unlimited power.  Strength beyond belief!  Then suddenly, the potion stopped bubbling.  It was done.  Marcus jumped up from his chair in excitement, grabbing a pair of pliers from the cabinet next to him.  He carefully took the glass off of the burner as set it down.  The two of them stared it for a second more, the same question burning in their minds.  Will it work?

            “Are you ready?”  Marcus asked Alison eagerly.  They were both seniors in high school, although Marcus had skipped two grade levels before.  He was on the shorter side, with short brown hair.  Alison was the opposite of him.  She was tall, with wavy blond hair, and a confidant attitude that eluded Marcus.  He wasn’t very popular in school; in fact his only friend was Alison.  Alison on the other hand was one of the popular kids, and even though no one else like Marcus, she found something in him that she liked. 

            “Ready!”  She said grabbing the now cool glass.  She held it up to her face, its green complexion looking ghastly in the florescent lighting.  “Are you sure this will work?”

            “No, but we will never know if you don’t try!”  He had a point.  She reluctantly held the vile to her mouth and letting the warm, gooey liquid wash in.  She hurriedly gulped it down, its awful taste making her gag.  She managed to swallow the whole glassful, and placed the now empty vile back onto the counter.  She looked at Marcus, not knowing what to expect next. 

            Marcus didn’t know either.  He knew what the final outcome would be, but who knows what would happen between now and then.  But who cares about that?  All that mattered was the final outcome.  He let an evil grin cross his face as he envisioned the destruction him and Alison would cause. 

            It happened very suddenly.  She fell off her chair, tried to get up, but only succeeded in nocking herself back down.  She was light headed, and her vision was fading quickly.  Marcus’ basement started to look blacker than it previously had, and Marcus himself started to look small.  She passed out. 

            She woke up a few minutes later.  She was out in the open, the bright blue sky shining light beams into her huge blue eyes.  She sat up, and started rubbing her face, trying to wake up.  Trying to remember what happened.  She looked around and tried to get her barring’s.  What she saw amazed her.  She was huge!

            Marcus’ potion had worked!  She was only sitting up, but she towered over Marcus’ two-story house.  She towered over everything!  Especially the little bugs that were staring at her far below, their jaws hung open in amazement, shocked at the giantess’ appearance.  She smiled as the full implications of her change accrued to her.  She was going to have fun today!

            Then she remembered Marcus.  She was currently sitting in his house, or rather what was left of it.  About half of the structure had been destroyed when she grew.  It quickly dawned on her where her tiny friend was.  Under her. 

            She rolled over so that she was in the street, frantically looking for her friend.  His basement was now open to the world above, and was completely destroyed.  There was broken glass everywhere, the tables had been crushed, and the floor was cracked.  She carefully started moving around the bigger pieces of furniture, hoping she hadn’t killed him by accident.  She picked up a rather large cabinet that had remained relatively intact apart from a few cracks.  And there, sitting in the fetal position under all the rubble, was Marcus.  His face lit up with relief when he saw Alison’s’ huge form towering above him.  She reached in and picked the tiny boy up, holding him to her face. 

            “It worked!”  She said.  Marcus was sitting in her warm hand, still in shock at how quickly, and how amazingly everything had worked!  His friend was a giant! 

            “It worked!”  He shouted back, unable to think of anything more creative. 

            “Well my geniuses, what’s next in your master plan?”  She said, a grin running along her face.  Becoming a giant was just the beginning. 

            “Oh yeah!”  Marcus said, suddenly realizing there was more to this life than the giant in front of him.  “Put me down for a second.  There is something I need to get first.  Then we can start with phase two!”  She did as he asked, placing him down onto the grass.  He ran inside, and up to his mostly intact room.  He reached behind his bookshelf and grabbed onto the most valuable position he owned.  An old Chinese box.  But it was not the box that he needed.  It was what was inside.  He opened it, reveling the small golden stone he had kept secret for so long.  The most important part of his plan.  The key to his unlimited power! 

 

            Marcus knew enough to always have a fail safe.  No matter what his plan was, he needed a backup, and this small stone was the backup from a failed experiment a couple years ago.  It involved another potion, and his one other friend in the whole world.  Chuck, or as he had been know by ever since, Angle’s Call, defender of truth, destroyer of evil, and defender of the city of Nutown!  That’s right, Chuck had become a super hero with all the special powers that came with it, namely flight, strength, laxer eye vision, invulnerability to anything, and an unbelievably cocky attitude that no one liked.  This new hero still tried to stay friends with Marcus, but how could he after he destroyed the formula saying that it was to powerful to fall into the wrong hands.  What did he know?  He had been a “Hero” for a week!  He was nothing, but still thought he had the authority to do anything he wanted.  Apparently everyone else agreed with him. 

            After he single handedly took out the entire terrorist group Burley Angry Dudes, or B.A.D for short, and saved the city form the nuclear bombs they had smuggled in, the Mayer gave him the power to stop any and all crime in the city, free from police restrictions.  Since then the cities crime rate plummeted to near zero and everyone fell in love with captain blowhard.  Even if Markus could create a new way to take over the world, which was his final goal, he needed a way to get past him.  That way was the shiny ball he now held.  His fail safe.  Chuck’s kryptonite. 

            He rushed back outside to join his giant friend, the magical ball placed securely inside his pocket, ready for use.  It was about this time that he noticed Alison was naked.  Even though she was still laying on the concrete, he could see more of his friend than he had ever seen before.  And he licked the view. 

            “Oh stop staring pervert!”  Alison said jokingly.  She had realized that her clothes failed to grow with her rather quickly, but she wasn’t embarrassed.  She would soon be the overlord of this world, along with Marcus of course. 

            “I wasn’t!”  Marcus said, his face turning red, trying to find a way to get out of this without looking like a creep. 

             “I’m kidding.”  She said as she picked him up.  She placed his tiny form onto her bare shoulder.  “Did you get what you needed?” 

            “Yep.  Chuck will not give us any problems!”

            “Good, then lets start!”  She grabbed two people who still had not come to their senses after watching a giant appear before them.  She gripped the two in her fist, completely covering their small forms, and then started squeezing.  She soon heard the satisfying crack of their bones being smushed, and the two watched in delight as blood started running out from her clutched fist.  She stood up, careful not to drop Marcus, although her focus was more on the great expanse of buildings in front of her.  The city of Nutown.

Chapter End Notes:

This is actually the first story that i have posted without finishing, so I'm open to sugestions!