- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I dedicate my first story to Jack Smith. He helped me out alot.  And also, my friend Alex for helping me with it as well.  

It was a dark and cloudy night, where Dr Jekyll or should I say Bart Dawson was busy mixing dangerous chemicals together to bring out his dark side. He wasn't the original Jekyll, but he was obsessed with the idea of a Jekyll and Hyde. He wanted to be like Jekyll and Hyde, but he was already evil, he cheated his way through school, killed innocent people and his own father, and finally he abused women. And if it wasn't for a guy he knew, who could get the chemicals needed to conduct this insane plan, then he would have never gone through with it.

 

 Tonight was a game changer for Jekyll, as fate would have a twist ending to what Jekyll expects. He put the last ingredient into the test tube vial. "Finally, the potion is compete, all my work put into it and tonight it's finished". The tube started glowing bright green and red. He brought it close to his face and imagined his dark side emerging at the sight of it. He then took a needle and stuck it in the tube. Filled it up, then Jekyll said "Tonight I can finally live the life I was meant to live", with that he stuck the needle and injected the potion into his arm.

 

 After all that was done, there was no going back, he waited and felt nothing happening,  but then he started shaking, his stomach was aching, his body was breaking, splitting apart from itself, he felt himself falling down towards the floor. Before blacking out he saw a giant figure.

 

 The giant figure, as it turns out, was his dark side now as Mr. Hyde. His body had come apart and was now two separate beings. Mr. Hyde was now awake, fully alive and looking around Jekyll's place until he spots something.

 

 Mr. Hyde saw what looked like a disgusting cockroach. He considered stepping on it, but as he inspected it closer, he saw a tiny 3 inch man.  Mr. Hyde bent down to pick up the tiny man and the tiny man began screaming and struggling to break free of the big man’s hand.  Jekyll finally realized that the man grasping on to him was in fact his evil side Mr. Hyde.  “Whoa, where did you come from?” Mr. Hyde asked.  “Why am I so small? How did this happen? ”Jekyll replied.  “Beats me”, said Hyde.  Mr. Hyde set the tiny Jekyll down and took Dr. Jekyll’s coat from the coat rack and got ready to leave.  Jekyll was curious and asked Hyde about what he was doing.  “I’m planning to go out and have myself a drink. Who are you anyway?” Jekyll answered, “I am your other half, the nice one.”  Hyde shrugged and offered to take him along.  Jekyll had no choice and agreed, so Hyde picked him up and dropped him in his coat pocket. 

Mr. Hyde shut off the lights and walked into the cold and lonely night. Jekyll struggled to not be ill as the pocket he was in thrashed around like a roller coaster. After a short walk through the park he found himself at the door of the bar.  He opened it, found a place to sit down and pondered the menu. An ancestor of Mr. Grinch saw that someone new was walking into the bar and sat down.

 

After sitting down, Mr. Hyde realized that someone was staring at him. “What are you looking at?” Mr. Grinch replied, “I’ve never seen you here before. They call me the Grinch around here” “I’m new to town. What do you care?” Hyde said defensively. “You don’t look like the other idiots around here.” The Grinch admitted. “I could say the same about you. I’m Mr. Hyde”, he responded. The Grinch smiled, nodded and offered him a drink. “Fine by me, if you can handle it. I’m a good drinker”, said Hyde. The two drank and chit-chatted until the Grinch noticed something moving in his pocket. “What’s moving in your pocket?”

 

Mr. Hyde was caught off guard. “Oh, that! That’s just someone I met.” The Grinch began moving closer and closer to his pocket, sticking out a finger until Mr. Hyde quickly stopped him. “I don’t think he would like you trying to touch him.” Hyde said. “Let me just see what’s in there”, said the Grinch.  Hyde slid his hand into his pocket and pulled little Jekyll out. Jekyll appeared to be hyperventilating because he was shaken up from the ride to the bar. The Grinch was surprised at was he was looking at. Mr. Hyde just smiled and shook his head. “What is that supposed to be?” the Grinch asked. “I don’t know myself. He says his name is Dr. Jekyll. I just found him like that. I figured he’d get eaten by a cat if I didn’t bring him with me, so he had to come along”, Hyde replied. “It would be cool to see him get eaten, though”, the Grinch spoke up. Hyde secretly disagreed.

 

The Grinch asked if he could talk to them. “Of course, he did with me, after he stopped screaming and cowering”, chuckled Hyde. The Grinch begged him to get the little man talking. After Jekyll stopped hyperventilating, he looked up and saw the Grinch.

 

Now Jekyll saw that there were two giants in front of him and he was even more terrified than before. Despite his fear, he’d been following along with everything they’d been saying and now this other giant wants him to talk. Then Mr. Hyde stepped in and said “he doesn’t seem up to it right now. Maybe he will later.

 

” The Grinch was annoyed and almost angry.  “Fine, be that way, you little pest.” This made Hyde angry. He covered Jekyll’s tiny ears and interjected, “Don’t you dare speak to him like that!” He then gave the Grinch a serious glare and took his giant fingers off of Jekyll’s ears and quickly put him back in his pocket. The Grinch was shocked at his new friend’s attitude toward this pathetic thing. He was now secretly plotting revenge on the tiny Jekyll. The Grinch apologized to his friend and said that he would try and control his attitude toward his friend’s little friend. Hyde replied, “It’s alright; just don’t let it happen again.”

 

The two finished their drinks and Hyde began to head out until the Grinch stopped him and questioned him about where he was going now. “Now I was thinking about partying with some strippers and might take them back to my house.” Hyde says. The Grinch was intrigued, wanted in on that action and asked if he could come along.” “Oh, sure you can come along”, Hyde agreed and the two headed out of the bar together.

 

To Be Continued….

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Yet again I would like to give credit to Jack Smith and my friend Alex for helping me with my first story. Please review and leave me a comment with any ideas you may have.