- Text Size +
Story Notes:

This was done as a commission for a friend who wanted to see my favorite woman Ranavalona interacting with some of his characters from his picture story After School Harassment, which you can find at http://asdlaker.deviantart.com/gallery/40388973 and which I certainly enjoyed and also recommend for a little extra background.

Recently I've acquired a full-sized scrying mirror.  It's something I've always wanted, and with each of these goals I achieve I feel more and more the talented and successful sorceress.  Beyond that, though, it does wonders for enhancing my explorations and discoveries in the many worlds I've taken to wandering through.  I've found it far easier to discover... kindred spirits, so to speak, along with any number of more entertaining playthings.


 

For example, you know I've enjoyed a journey to Japan before.  The time I procured those immense platform boots and brought home the mousy little girl to squash?  Of course you remember, dearest.  In any case, I'm confident enough now to revisit places I've been before, and I'm finding their schools to be most fascinating.

 

You well know the special place children hold in my heart for their unique ways of viewing the circumstances of the world.  Teenagers, however, are an entirely different sort of animal.  In this Japan I've discovered that when the young are not burdened with such responsibilities as plowing fields or tending stock and providing for their meager peasant families, they are free to develop such intriguing and complex social relationships all on their own.

 

I was drawn to a girl called Saeko.  I found her heart to be somewhat akin to my own, and anticipating an enjoyable compatibility, I decided to pay her a visit.  To not seem out of sorts, I adopted garb similar to what she and her companions wore.  Again, my love for new and exotic fashions is no secret to you.  I acquired a fresh pair of tall, laced boots, silken stockings to stretch up over my knees, a pleated skirt and matching blouse and blazer.  Of course, my skirt was a touch shorter and the colors of my blazer a bit brighter, but I still considered myself matching well enough with their uniforms.

 

I arrived amidst a delightful scene.  Saeko and her cadre of companions had circled around a rather frail looking older girl and were enjoying some sort of game that seemed to mostly involve the older girl weeping openly and licking their shoes.  Obviously, they were startled and unsettled that I’d arrived in the midst of their sport, but I was able to assure them that I was just there to observe.  The respect that they seemed to possess for their senior, once they understood that I found no issue with their particular brand of fun was quite endearing, and I enjoyed questioning them about their activities as they kicked and stepped on their little friend, but after I took a turn and crushed her hand to a mess of flesh and powder under my boot, Saeko thought it best to dismiss the rest of her friends and speak to me privately.  I admit they did seem a little shocked to hear her bones collapse and crunch beneath my foot, but at least Saeko and I were in agreement about how little it really mattered in the end.  It wasn’t the first time one of her “toys” or “dolls” had been a little broken.

 

Kumiko spent some time licking our boots and whimpering and clutching her hand to her chest while Saeko and I got to know each other.  I was delighted by the level of control and power she seemed to possess within her domain, all without the aid of a single glimmer of magic, mind you.  She told me about the things she’d done over the past few years and how she came to be where she was, which is a story in and of itself, but some of her recent exploits were what caught my interest, and that’s what led me to the next little leg of my journey.  I was going to pay some of her newer playthings a visit.

 

I stopped back home for a glass of wine before I headed out for the night.  It was easy enough to find the boy and girl through my new mirror, now that I was familiar with Saeko and her link to them.  They were sitting on a bed, holding little colorful objects and staring at an illuminated box, laughing and grinning with a delight reserved solely for the young and foolish.

 

There must have been an auditory effect as I stepped through my mirror and into their room, because they were both staring at me as I set my feet on their floor.  Perhaps they were unaccustomed to beautiful, powerful women walking through their walls, but I was willing to forgive their gawking for the moment, all things considered.

 

Their fearful wonder amused me, of course, and I took the opportunity to adopt an elegant pose, placing my hand on my hip and tossing my hair.  "Really, I thought you people were renowned for your manners.  Do you always do such a poor job of welcoming guests?" I questioned while holding back a faint bit of laughter.

 

"Who... who are you?" the boy replied, rising to his feet.  I could sense his trembling little heart from where I stood, but he was doing his best to put on a brave face for the girl.  She, for her part, nervously ran her fingers through her bright blue hair and dropped her eyes to the ground.

 

"You could say I'm a friend of a friend," I offered while taking a step towards the boy.  I reached out and gently patted the little puppy's cheek, then placed my hand on his chest and gave him a little shove back onto the bed while I continued through the room, enjoying seeing it first hand.

 

Saeko had said that the two of them clearly had feelings for one another, even though they were still too insecure to express them.  I thought it an entertaining subject to explore.  "My turn for a question, little ones.  What exactly are the two of you doing here alone in a bedroom?"

 

Both of them flushed instantly, and I could almost hear the boy grinding his teeth.  The girl, though, did her best to defend herself.  "J-just playing a game, that's all, Miss...?"

 

"Oh, games!" I exclaimed with a grin, making a show of clasping my hands to my chest with the excitement I was so eager to demonstrate.  "I do so love to play games, children.  I'm Ranavalona, since you asked again, and I think  it would be wonderful to play with the two of you."

 

The boy popped up from the bed a second time.  Timid as I understood him to be, he certainly was doing his best to imitate boldness before me.  "You... you just walked through the wall!  I don't think we're going to play any game with you.  In fact, I think..."  He swallowed hard, and I couldn't resist the slightest smirk as I watched him struggle to maintain his resolve.  "I think you should leave," he hastily concluded.

 

He was just utterly precious.  You should have seen how brave he thought he was, then how he shuddered when I reached out and stroked his cheek.  "See," I murmured, "That's what's so perfect about the game we're going to play.  Let's call it 'Ranavalona Says.'  It requires absolutely no thinking, just simple and strict obedience to whatever I say."

 

Already his eyes were widening, his little heart beating quicker in his chest as my firm words and gentle touch sent his adolescent mind to racing.  "Now, Masa," I continued, my voice dripping with soft, sultry intent as I trailed my fingertips along his jawline.  "The first thing I want you to do..." I whispered, leaning in, my darkly painted lips inches from his face while I stroked the side of his neck.  In the next instant, I closed my hand around his throat, purring with pleasure as I started to squeeze.  "That would be getting down on your knees."

 

He seemed totally unable to resist me at first, just slowly sinking to the ground, staring into my eyes as he gasped for unattainable breath.  My strength was enhanced with the might of an ogre for this little adventure, so it would have been totally simple to just crush his throat in my hand, but you know me.  I wasn't here to just end their lives, I was going to make a point.

 

I could tell he was fading.  The girl started to wail in this sort of familiar, desperate way, but perhaps the increasing nearness of empty, black unconsciousness spurred him to finally resist.  He started to flail and grab at my arm, but I wasn't going to engage in a senseless struggle with him.  I released him from my grasp and chuckled softly as he collapsed face-down on the floor.

 

He lay there coughing, and started to try and push himself up, but it only took the easiest little motion to set my boot on his neck and step down, pinning him underfoot and pressing his face into the floor.  It was delicious to step on him, to feel him writhing beneath my boot, helpless to resist my overwhelming strength.  I admit to being seized by the desire to press down and feel some part of him crunch, but for the sake of my further enjoyment I kept myself under control.

 

After all, I am always in control.

 

"There we are," I sighed, turning to meet the girl's frightened gaze.  "This must be more comfortable and familiar for the both of you, am I right, Fumie?  I understand you're both given to squirming like insects beneath the boots of your betters."

 

Masa was doing his best to get his filthy little hands on my boot, to do anything to dislodge me from my proper place atop him, but all of his efforts were nothing next to my power.  "The hell," he murmured, perplexed by how wonderfully strong I seemed to be.

 

"This is more where you're supposed to be, though, isn't it Fumie?" I purred wickedly while pushing the thick heel of my boot a little more firmly into Masa's skin, bringing a low, agonized groan from him.

 

"I'm sure you'd rather be the one writhing beneath my heel.  Isn't that right, little girl?  Don't you wish it was you and not your fragile little boyfriend beneath me?  I think you'd even love the chance to lick the bottom of my boot and really show me how excited you are to have me here with you, giving your insignificant selves my undivided attention."

 

I narrowed my eyes a bit and leaned just a little towards her, shifting some more of my weight onto the foot on Masa's head.  "Tell me, Fumie.  Don't you want to lick my boots?"

 

The slender blue-haired thing was visibly quivering as she tried to moisten her suddenly very dry mouth enough to talk.  I was content to grin in her direction for as long as it took, but finally she managed to speak.

 

"You're one of them... one of the mean girls from school.  I don't understand, I've never even seen you before.  Why are you here?  Why do you want to hurt us so much?"

 

For a brief moment I stood there, staring her down and letting the sound of the boy faintly struggling beneath my heel be the only thing to break the silence.  "Oh, sweetheart," I finally purred.  "You must know how terribly impolite it is to answer a question with a question."

 

She was perplexed by my reply, I could tell, but I only gave her a brief moment to ponder my words before I started roughly twisting and grinding my boot into the side of the boy's face, eliciting a set of delightful and increasingly intense pained whimpers from the pathetic, mewling maggot.

 

"Stop!  Please, please stop," she cried as she rushed towards me, reaching the edge of the bed and staring at the frightful scene of her boyfriend grimacing and wailing in pain as I ground his face into the floor.

 

"Strange, you're still saying words, but none of them answer my question."  I rose back up, easing the pressure on the boy's slowly bruising face, folding my arms as I looked Fumie over.  She didn't seem to know what to say to that, so after a moment longer I slowly lifted my foot from her boy's head, letting him stir a little and groggily start to rise.

 

Just as she started to rise from her bed and go to him, I stomped down firmly, slamming the boy's head back to the ground with ruthless force.  She winced and recoiled from the apparently nauseating sound of his skull smashing into the unforgiving floor.

 

"Now, little girl," I growled, low and seductive and wonderfully cruel.  "About my lovely boots.  Wouldn't you love to lay at my feet and worship them for a while?"

 

She seemed to be choking a little, covering her mouth, but to her credit she managed to slowly nod and whisper, "Yes."  After a shuddering breath, she continued, showing me that she had indeed been  somewhat trained.  "Yes, I'd like to lick your boots," she murmured on with a touch more strength, then added a "please" to try and satisfy me a bit more.

 

She was so shaken, I just had to giggle a little bit.  I could tell they were both tremendously concerned with the other's well-being, and that was exactly what made them fun.  

 

"You have my permission, little girl," I purred, gesturing towards my foot with a little jerk of my head.  "Go on, kneel at my feet, little thing."

 

Weak, simple creatures.  I'd simply walked into their room and already I owned them.  The girl timidly reached up to brush her hair away from her eyes, perhaps to give her an excuse to not look directly at me as she slipped from her bed and lowered herself to her knees.

 

There was something especially appealing about having Masa's head pinned beneath my boot while all of this occurred.  He couldn't move an inch, and there was nothing for him to look at besides his little girlfriend bowing down before me.  "Go on, pet," I encouraged her.  "Lips to leather, it's time to show me how much you care."

 

She sniffled a little bit, trying to blink back the most adorable little tears.  I twisted my foot the slightest bit, just an inch or two, letting it grind into the boy's flesh just enough to make him wince, and instantly I felt her mouth on my foot.  Once, twice, and again she firmly kissed my boot.

 

"Good girl," I breathed, reveling in the moment that I'd brought them both under my control.  I let my heel sink into the boy's skin, pushing it harder and harder against his jaw.  It's a thick bone, not easy to break, but the building pressure did cause him a measure of discomfort if the thrashing of his legs was any indication.  Fumie started to lift her head, but I reached down and grabbed a handful of her hair.

 

"Don't stop, girl," I demanded while pushing her face back to the smooth black leather of my towering boot.  "I can break you both so easily; you wouldn't want me to feel offended."

 

She barely needed the urging.  I held her face to my foot and she started lapping at the dark leather of my boot instantly, drawing her tongue across its surface again and again even as her fragile little boyfriend twisted and contorted in pain beneath it.

 

I considered crushing his skull right then.  The look on her face would have been exquisite, staring up at me with bits of the boy splattered across it.  I abhor messiness, though.

 

"This is where you belong.  Both of you.  Lick!" I demanded as she started to lift her head and look at me as I spoke.  Fumie whimpered and drew her tongue along my ankle, brushing away her more freely flowing tears.  "All that you are, little girl, and everything you and your silly boy ever could be, is something for me to step on.  You're weak little nothings meant to tremble and break beneath my feet, aren't you?"

 

They didn't answer, with one semiconscious and struggling beneath my heel and the other furtively tonguing my footwear, no reply was really needed.

 

"I'll let you lick my soles now, Fumie," I murmured with sensual delight.  "But I'll have to stop stepping on your friend here for that to happen.  What do you say?"

 

It wasn't like I was crushing his skull.  Again, I'd decided not to do that at the moment, but it was rather clear that he was still in some notable discomfort.  "Yes!" she cried, choking on her empathetic agony.  "Please, please..." it took her a moment to remember precisely what to ask for, but she succeeded.  "Please let me lick the bottoms of your boots."

 

"Oh, Fumie.  How utterly and wonderfully pathetic," I quipped while sliding my foot from Masa's rather battered face.  He took a few long, settling breaths, trying to compose himself and staring up at me with some sense of shattered wonderment.

 

"Oh, little one, don't fret," I continued, meeting his glassy gaze and shifting my stance to tease his inner thigh with the toe of my boot.  "I know you love this, I'm not done with you yet."

 

He shook his head slowly, hoarsely whispering some "don't"s and "please"s, though I could see the desire in the shifting of his hips.  I drew my foot back, smirked a little, and smashed it into the middle of his chest with all my enhanced strength, sending him flying into the far wall and shattering several ribs with the most delightful crunch.

 

"Just for now," I sighed, watching him slump and wheeze, then turning back to the blanching, horrified girl on her knees.  "Now.  Floor," I declared, making a little gesture with my hand and slamming her flat onto her back with a bit of arcane force.

 

"Sweet little Fumie," I intoned while settling my foot firmly on her breast, holding her flat on the floor as I continued to speak.  "Did you really think I was just another girl from school?"

 

She grit her teeth, whining a little as I pressed down more firmly, smashing the smallish mound of flesh somewhat beneath my boot.  "Clearly, pet," I grinned, sliding my foot forward, teasing at her chin with my toe, nudging her face gently to the side and sliding my boot against her cheek.  She was so tense, so truly frightened...

 

"Clearly, I am ever so much more."  My heel rested on her collarbone, and now I let my sole brush her trembling lips, hovering above her contorted, horror-stricken face.  "To you, I may as well be a goddess.  To me, you're surely nothing more than an ant."

 

She was so rigidly motionless.  I thought it possible that she'd lost her sensibilities, but it only took a little reminder.  "Lick," I flatly stated, and she craned her neck and dragged her tongue along the faintly dusty bottom of my boot.

 

"Doesn't this feel wholly appropriate, Fumie?  Isn't this just completely correct?"

 

She was doing well enough keeping busy with her active weeping and struggling to keep her head held off of the ground to lap at my boot sole again and again.

 

I gently lowered my foot onto her face and pressed her head back to the ground, letting her lick at my sole as I stepped on her for just a bit before I lifted my boot and started to slowly circle her, looking over her little body as my heels clicked sharply against her hard floor.

 

Her face was flushed with shame, even amidst the terrible fear surely gripping her.  Her head turned to the side for the briefest instant to catch a glimpse of her unconscious friend, blood trickling slightly from the corner of his mouth as he continued to labor for breath.

 

"What are you going to do to us?" she hesitantly whispered, staring up into my laughing eyes as I paused by her head, folding my arms and considering her situation.

 

"Oh, I have some ideas, child, to be sure," I mused while sliding my foot forward by her cheek.  "Kiss," I added before continuing, and she slowly turned her head to the side and began feathering timid little kisses along my instep.  "What do you suggest, though?  Do you have an idea about what I should do with you?"

 

She tried her best to be brave, but kept her eyes closed as she kissed my boot again and again so that the sight of me towering over her wouldn't shatter her resolve.  "You could let us go," she whispered hopefully.  "Once you're... I mean, done with us, I guess?" she tried to add, certainly aware of how preposterous her suggestion was.

 

"Oh, Fumie," I chided while pulling my foot away and beginning to stroll about her supine form once again.  "I'm sure you'd love that, but that simply wouldn't be any fun for me.  Haven't we discussed how only my needs are of any consequence?"

 

She blinked a few times and bit her lower lip, ready to burst into tears again at a moment's notice.  I was going to make sure those tears flowed freely.  "What's fun for me, little love, is your suffering."  A slight gesture and curl of my finger was all it took for a simple cantrip to force her arm to stretch out at my feet, palm flat to the ground.  Her lips parted, the unnatural forces acting on her as terrifying as my own wicked intentions, I suspected, but I didn't leave her too much time to consider what I was doing.

 

"What I like, pet, is your pain."  I slowly, meticulously positioned the heavy sole of my boot on the back of the girl's fragile little hand, feeling her fingers flex and her knuckles move beneath my foot.  Her head shook violently back and forth as she wildly whimpered her protests, but nothing would deter me from stepping down.

 

"I love your screams," I breathed softly, my head rolling back on my shoulders as I inhaled, drinking deep of the piercing shrieks that accompanied the cracks emanating from beneath my boot.

 

"The utter helplessness, the sweet serenade of your despair mingling with the crunch of brittle bones beneath me," I liltingly intoned as I started to twist my boot, applying all of my incredible strength to grinding her hand to a mass of pulverized bone and flesh.  "It's just  so... special."

 

Oh, and it truly was.  I let myself stand there for a good while, savoring her shuddering convulsions and horrified squeals, but as with any maiming, the peak of her suffering came rather quickly.  I wanted more from her, always more, and so I lifted my foot and firmly settled it onto her belly, then dragged it backwards, wiping the messy remnants of her hand on her shirt.

 

It took a little effort to gather the energies I needed for more advanced magics in this very mundane world, but I started by numbing her arm with a wave of my hand.  I wanted little Fumie's full attention for what was to come next and even the pain I'd inflicted myself would now serve as an undesirable distraction.

 

The next wave of my hand pulled the battered boy out of the wall and sent him sliding across the floor towards us.  He seemed to have wholly lost consciousness while I played with the girl, but the sudden movement brought his eyes fluttering open and a low groan from somewhere deep inside him.

 

"Masa," Fumie whispered softly, reaching for him with her one good hand, but before she could touch him I'd already made the few familiar gestures and whispered the words to make him diminish.  I modified the technique slightly to slow the process, just enough that she could actually watch him dwindle to slightly more than an inch in length and gasp in fearful wonder at the seemingly impossible thing she was seeing.

 

"You... shrunk him?"  It's always so hard for people to comprehend the first time they see or experience the process.  Their bewilderment is actually part of the fun for me, and naturally they rarely get to experience it twice.  She carefully reached for him again, but as her fingers approached his tiny form, I gave a little gesture with my left hand and deadened that arm as well, leaving it to fall limp and numb to her side much as the other before it.

 

"Oh, no touching, pet.  He's mine now," I murmured, folding my arms and standing over her with the most smug and satisfied little grin I can remember wearing in a long time.  Her head rolled to let her eyes drift up along my body to meet my gaze, then dropped back to her tiny friend, and then moved between him and my towering black boots.  To her credit, she figured it out faster than most.

 

"Oh god, no!  No, you can't!  You..."

 

I liked hearing her screech, but only to a point.  I surrounded her in silence and waited for her to notice that her shrill voice was no longer reverberating around us.  It was easy enough for me to work around it by projecting my voice directly into her mind, and the technique also allowed me to maintain my self-satisfied smile as I directed her.

 

Look at my boot, Fumie, I demanded, and as I slid it slowly forward to rest next to her diminutive little boyfriend she seemed unable to resist my command.

 

Look how big and powerful it is next to your tiny useless friend.

 

She'd stopped trying to speak, but tears were building in her eyes as she shook her head back and forth, lips parted with her silent pleading.  I lifted my toes and pivoted my boot on its heel, letting the heavy sole hover mere inches above the  struggling, squirming, battered little man.  Just that little motion was more than enough to spur her into action, but with her arms both numb and limp she was only able to slowly squirm forward.

 

Look at you crawling like a worm at my feet.  Yes, little girl.  I can crush him, and it would be so, so easy.

 

I let the arcane silence I’d created dissipate so I could hear what she had to say, now that I’d made our relative positions as clear as possible.  “Please don’t, please please don’t do it Miss… Miss Rala… Ranala…”

 

She was at her limit, unable to even remember my melodious name.  I slowly lowered my foot, and she whimpered as I slowly settled my firm, thick sole onto the tiny boy’s body.  I was sure she could still see him with how her head was laying on its side, just inches from my boot.

 

“And why not, pet?  Hmm?   Why should I deny myself the pleasure of squishing him?”  It was true, I really wanted to crush the last little bit of life from him, especially with her laying there, forced to watch every vivid detail of his gruesome end.  Still, I had my games to play.  “Unless…”

 

Instantly she turned her head, staring up with me and pleading with every ounce of her being.  “Anything!  Please, Miss, anything at all, I’ll do anything, just tell me what to do!”

 

Of course she’d do anything I wanted.  I’d been in control from the moment I met her.

 

“You could take his place,” I purred.  My boot still lightly rested on the boy, and I started to gently slide the smooth, heavy sole back and forth across his battered body, bringing a few faint whimpers from beneath my foot.

 

She was so frightened, but bless her, she did her best not to show it.  “Me… instead of him?”  Her eyes shifted back to my boot, watching me carelessly play with his helpless body underfoot.  “You’d do that?”

 

Oh, it was so sweet.  The hope in her eyes, even as she considered sacrificing herself to my majestic boots, just delighted me ever so much.  “Perhaps, little Fumie.  Maybe if you really begged.”  I lifted my heel and shifted a little weight to my toes, sliding my foot forward and dragging her tiny friend across the floor, and this time it was she that whimpered.

 

“Worship my boot, Fumie, and beg me to shrink you.”

 

I steadied my breathing, trying to feel every bit of movement and struggle beneath my toes as I watched the tears start to freely flow from Fumie’s pretty little face.  Her chest shuddered with her sobs but she did manage to squirm a little closer, pressing her lips to the toe of my boot.

 

“P-please…” she started, struggling mightily with the words.  She pressed another soft kiss to the tip of my boot, perhaps to give her a little more time to find her voice.  “Please, Miss,” she continued, but her voice broke mid-sentence.  Her head dropped to the floor, tear-stained cheek pressed against the smooth black leather as I stood over her, eager for every bit of her collapse.

 

“Please… shrink me,” she timidly whispered into the floor.  It was sweet to see her giving up like that, giving herself to me, but it wasn’t quite enough.

 

“What’s that, darling?  I can barely hear you.”  I gave a little derisive snort and nudged the side of her face with my foot, then continued with my commands, my voice full of contempt for the weak little thing.

 

“Say it again.”

 

She was silent for a long moment, just laying there.  I watched her breathe, faster than normal, and I could hear the air rushing past her clenched teeth.  Finally, she turned her head as much as she could, enough that she could look up at me even though she was more facing my lovely foot, and with whatever meager strength she had left, she screeched, “Shrink me!  God, just shrink me and get it over with!  Please, just… just do it.”

 

I didn’t respond at first, just watching her sputter and sob at my feet, like some sort of shattered worm-girl.  She was wonderful, just absolutely wonderfully pathetic, and I have to admit, I was very glad that I’d decided to play with her today.  “Fine,” I finally uttered, and she looked up at me once again, trying to blink back tears and prepare herself for her fate.

 

“Really?” she whispered.  “Just like that?”

 

I couldn’t help but giggle.  What did she expect?  I tried to nod as I laughed, taking a moment to run my fingers through my long hair and toss it over my shoulder, making sure I had a completely clear view of her for what came next.  “Of course, sweetheart.  Just, first…”

 

My boot smashed through him like he wasn’t even there.  My heel rose into the air and I shifted all of my weight onto my toes, twisting my foot as it crushed to the floor, squishing the tiny man with such spectacular ease.  My body was ablaze with electric delight, and for an exquisite moment the only sound was the wonderful, wet squelching of the worthless little man spreading out into a gory little mess beneath my boot.

 

Then the screaming started, and the moment was gone.  She just lay there, staring at the blood beneath my boot and screamed and screamed and screamed, and so I quickly closed my eyes and gathered my focus, and swiftly that screaming became far more tolerable.

 

She was still laying just as she had been, but I’d done as she asked and made her just a few inches long.  Her screaming actually rose in pitch when I crouched down and gathered her into my hand, which surprised me a little, but I didn’t have to listen to her for long.  A whispered word brought a small crystal vial into being atop my other palm, and I swiftly dumped her inside, sealing the container shut with a little click, and that was the last I heard from her.

 

I had my prize, and I’d had my fun.  A wave of my hand blew the blanket from the bed onto the ground so that I could use it to clean the boy’s smashed remains from my sole.  I wanted to be a considerate guest after all, and once I was done I whispered a few words and stepped back through the mirror, leaving one bedroom and appearing in another somewhat more spacious and far more elegant bedroom.

 

“You could have told me you were coming,” Saeko sighed as she slowly turned to greet me, lifting her head from her laptop, though there wasn’t a hint of annoyance in her voice.  The sweet, pink-haired girl was more than happy to see me, and even more delighted to see the slumbering, shattered tiny girl inside the jar I set on her desk.

 

“Pathetic little thing must have passed out on the way here,” I quipped as I leaned in and let Saeko receive a little kiss on the cheek.  “I did smash her hand… I couldn’t resist.  I see why you can’t resist stepping on the little louse.”

 

Sweet Saeko was tremendously thankful, of course, but I could tell she was even more eager to play with her new little toy.  I showed her how to use the enchanted vial to restore and reduce her pet’s size at her will, and left her a little bauble to give her a way to contact me should she come up with any plans for the two of us to have more fun in the future, and with that I headed home.

 

I told her that the vial’s magic wasn’t limitless, but much like me, she didn’t seem to be all that worried.  True, its enchantments wouldn’t last forever, but we both had the same accompanying thought.

 

Neither would Fumie.