- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

And now the second half

April colony detected the incoming bogeys and called for assistance. Union space forces responded by dispatching the closest ships they had. Now you might be wondering where these ships have been all this time with a war going on. The answer is these ships carried extensive firepower and weren't suited for anti-Ingress combat. It served no purpose to attack a city under siege by Ingress when you could destroy the city in the process. The second reason was this. When it became clear that the Ark could shoot down objects in space, no captain wanted to put their ship in such danger. "Captain, I confirm telemetry from April City that 300 incoming bogeys are headed their way. Unable to confirm type of bogey but suggest Ingress due to lack of IFF. ETA 2 hours 33 minutes" sensor officer said. "Order the Soryu and the Bismarck to increase to flank speed and to keep up with the Yorktown" the captain ordered.  

 

2 hours and 30 minutes later...

 

"Captain, all three battlecrusiers are in position. Bogeys are now confirmed to be Ingress drones" the tactical officer said. "Attention all ships, arm gamma ray lasers and anti-ship missiles. Set missiles to proximity detonation. Target enemy drones and fire!" the captain ordered.  All three ships opened fire at the swarm of drones streaking toward them. Red beams of energy shot from the ships while missiles roared out of the missile bays. The crews watched as tiny flashes of explosions dotted space. "Cease fire! How many did we get?" the captain asked. "Only 12 sir. We still got 288 coming in hot. Intercept in 2 minutes!” the tactical officer said.

"Fire another barrage!" the captain yelled. Another volley of missiles and laser fire impacted the drones. "And?" the captain asked. "19 sir" the tactical officer said. "They must have shields and they're absorbing the EMP blasts this time. SHIT! Keep firing! Wear them down!" The captain yelled. For the next minute and a half they fired at the drones until they were on top of them. The drones perceived the threat of the ships and a few broke off to fight them but the bulk of the remaining 269 drones went straight for April colony.

 

The drones strafed the colony with their plasma cannons causing damage to the outer hull. They were methodical attacking. One group would swoop down to strafe then leave to attack the ships while another would take their place. 10 minutes into the battle and anyone could see that April colony might really fall. "Sir, direct hit to port quarter 12! Hull armor there has been destroyed! Venting atmosphere!" the damage control officer shouted. "Seal off that area with the emergency bulkheads! Bring us around 32 degrees! Let them have it with our rail cannons!" the captain yelled.

 

Slowly but not slow enough, the drone numbers decreased. "Captain! Explosive decompression detected on April colony!" the sensor officer yelled. "On screen" the captain yelled. Horrified gasps came for the bridge crew as they saw cars, trees, and people being sucked out of a hole the size of a city block into the cold vacuum of space. "The hull armor is failing all over the colony!" the helm officer yelled. "Of course it is. It was only designed for meteor impacts! Where is our fighter cover?!" the captain yelled. "Either destroyed or engaged!" the tactical officer yelled. "Captain, it's the Bismarck, she's contacting us" the comm officer said. "Captain Wolfe, we're taking too much damage! Damage here has exceeded 65%! We have to withdraw!" their captain said. "Shit! Permission granted Captain Ramirez!" Wolfe yelled. The Bismarck turned to withdraw but that didn't mean the drones were going to let her go.

 

The Bismarck was leaving at flank speed taking hits along the way. The drones attacking her actively scanned the ship looking for weaknesses and finally found one. The armor near her engineering section had been seriously damaged and the drones could see a huge heat signature emanating from it. A squad of 5 drones began laying into her pounding away with their plasma cannons. "Captain, their drones are focusing on our engineering section!" his tactical officer said. "Tell our fighters to get them off of us!" Ramirez yelled. The delta fighters laid into each drone with their lasers and missiles as hard as they could but it proved to be futile...

An explosion rocked the ship and threw the bridge crew to the floor.  "Damage to engineering!” the damage control officer said. "Bridge we have a coolant leak! The reactor's going critical!" an engineer said over the comm. "Eject the reactor core!" Ramirez yelled. "Ejection systems offline!" the damage control officer screamed. "All hand to escape pods!" Ramirez yelled. One by one the pods were jettisoned. Until the only ones still on board were the stragglers trapped behind bulkheads or the injured. Ramirez watched his burning ship that he had served on for the last 10 years slowly dying until a flash of intense light near its middle signaled its death. The nuclear explosion tore the ship apart and set off any fuel reserves and unspent ammo and missiles. The wreckage flew past the pods and impacted April city compounding the problem.

 

"Captain the Bismarck...it's gone" the sensor officer said. "Survivors?" Wolfe asked. "Detecting 23 escape pods" the sensor officer said quietly. "Those pods only carry 8 people" the helm officer said. "That ship had a crew of 2100" the sensor officer said. "Mourn them later! Worry about those drones coming for us now!" Wolfe barked.

 

The fight raged on for another half hour as each ship was hit. Their helmsmen zigged and zagged the ship trying to keep whatever armor they had left in the line of fire.  Wolfe watched as the damage read outs became more severe until one smart drone decided to make a run for the bridge. He watched his life go into slow motion as he saw the drone coming for him cannons glowing for a kill shot. Wolfe was sure he was gonna die until a blast of intense red light struck the drone and destroyed it instantly.  "Attention U.S.C. Yorktown. This is Skull Squadron, need assist?" a voice asked over the comm. "Captain they're STRIKE's from the Lunar League!" the sensor officer yelled. "That is a big affirmative Skull Squadron!" Wolfe yelled. The squadron dove into the fight and began picking off the drones. Their maneuverability let them get far more hits that the battlecrusiers could. One by one the drones fell as the squadron shot them down. Positron cannons blew right through their shields as plasma fire mopped up the rest.  "It's working! Skull squadron turned the tide!" Wolfe yelled.

 

The crew watched in joy as the enemy blips on the screen disappeared one by one until the unexpected happened. "Captain, something's happening to the drones!" The tactical officer said. "What is it?" Wolfe asked. "Their power signatures are going through the roof!" the tactical officer yelled. They didn't know that the OS on board the drones deduced that their primary mission was going to fail. With their number now a paltry 20, it decided to use the most powerful weapon left available; themselves or in better terms their reactors.

 

"They're breaking off and making a full run for April colony!" the tactical officer said. "Don't let them through! Block them for attacking!" Wolfe yelled. The drones tried to avoid the Yorktown but she was too big. They slammed into her exploding. The ship was rocked violently by 7 20 kiloton explosions. Captain Wolfe was on the floor injured. He felt the blood running down his face. The bridge was on fire. He looked around to see who made it. The XO and his helmsman were dead, along with his sensor officer. He watched in horror as the drones flew into a breach in April colony's hull.

 

The deadly drones homed I on the largest heat signature inside ignoring the tiny heat signatures of fires and humans. People on the streets watched as the 17 drones streaked through the center of the colony. The local militia tried to shoot down the drones and was paid back for their marksmanship with a 20 kiloton explosion. Closer and closer their objective was coming into view until it had a target lock. They dove right into the fortified mega reactors powering the colony. It was fortified to protect it from accidents and disasters but nothing could protect it from 13 tactical nuclear blasts. The reactor breached instantly and for a brief second, a man made star lit up the colony...

 

Wolfe saw the blast tear through the hull blowing the colony in two. The loss of life sickened him. Millions just died and he felt powerless as he watched the few survivors die from hard vacuum. "Oh god so many dead..." he heard his comm officer say. ”It worse than it looks, the blast knocked the colony out of stable orbit. That section is being pulled right into Earth's gravity well. If it hits it will cause devastation not seen since the death of the dinosaurs" the tactical officer said. "Worse than that Lieutenant. April colony was an O'Neil class colony. The asteroid that killed the dinosaurs was about 7 miles big. That chunk is every bit of 10 miles. We’re talking extinction level event here that will wipe out everything, hell I'd be surprised if the roaches would survive." Wolfe said

 

"Then Earth is screwed. The ship's weapons are offline and I can barely keep main power up. The Yorktown can't do a damn thing to help" the tactical officer said. "There is one thing she can do. She has one last duty she can perform. Move the ship into the trajectory of the approaching debris chunk" Wolfe ordered. The wounded ship limped into position. "We're in position captain. Cylinder chunk A will impact the ship in 3 minutes" the sensor officer said taking over the helm. "All hands abandon ship!...That goes for you two as well" Wolfe said to his surviving bridge crew. "No we won't leave you to die!" the tactical officer said. "Who said anything about dying? We're all leaving here alive. Just give me a minute to finish my final duty as captain of this ship. Computer...activate auto destruct sequence" Wolfe said. "Please enter authorization code" the computer asked.

 

 "Code 07 04 1776...authenticate" Wolfe said. "Awaiting executive officer code" the computer said. "Security override situation b. Confirm" Wolfe said. "Confirming...executive officer Jason Baker’s bio-signature has terminated. Security override accepted. Waiting confirmation to begin auto destruct sequence" the computer said. "Confirm auto destruct. Set countdown for 2 minutes" Wolfe said. "Auto destruct sequence engaged. Ship will destruct in two minutes" the computer said counting down. "All right. Head to the escape pods and pray this works" Wolfe said.

The three ran to the escape pods and luckily there were some close by. They jettisoned them into space and watched their doomed ship and the quickly approaching debris. Wolfe watched the seconds tick away on his comm. "Any second now" he said. Just before the debris hit the ship it exploded in a brilliant flash of light. 58 megatons of raw fusion power blew the ship to bits and shattered the chunk of colony the size of New York City.  It worked!" yelled the tactical officer. "Sort of, we broke it into small pieces. At least this way Earth has a fighting chance" Wolfe said. As the Soryu collected the escape pods from the two destroyed ships, they radioed ahead to Earth warning them what was coming.

 

As the sky was literally about to fall that day, an Ingress girl was contemplating what she would do after seeing the infamous broadcast. Mila's assignment was to hold Paris. She was a lowly Sgt. that was promoted when her squad was almost wiped out last month. It was just her and 3 others. Her first real assignment out of the academy was to assist her squad in taking Paris. When her squad was overrun by Union forces and a talented STRIKE pilot, she distinguished herself in combat by using hit and run tactics to wear them out. Her service and the death of her commander prompted her being given a field promotion to commander. She beamed with pride at being commander of her own squad at only 16. She took it upon herself to subjugate the human population by making them worship her. Her teenage ego was fueled by throngs of male humans wanting to please their beautiful goddess.

Many wanted to serve her for the sake of preferential treatment to their families. Others just loved her. She was benevolent to the humans really. She only killed the ones who threatened her life or the order of things. When she was young, she played with dolls all the time. Now she could play with real dolls and once in a great while she would indulge a fantasy or two. She tried eating a few humans. A man had caught her eye once as he passed in the street. When he noticed her looking at him, he bolted into a restaurant to hide. It was the worst thing he could do. Mila jammed her hand smashing the doorway feeling for him. The frightened man hid among the crowd of customers. "Come out little man. I want to play with you" she said. People put two and two together and out of self-preservation, began to push the screaming man toward the hand. "No don't push me! She'll kill me!" he screamed in French.

She felt something in her grasp and yanked out her hand. Inside was the man she was looking for. She brought him closer to her face to look at him better. He was attractive for a human male. Late 20's, blonde hair, and a slight muscular build. Milan licked her lips and that made the man hysterically plead for her not to eat him. She said nothing as she tore off his clothes like tissue paper. She took a playful lick of his body and could taste his fear. A tiny lick here and there and the sobbing man embarrassingly got hard from the rough taste buds on his crotch. Mila saw this of course and seeing the helpless human getting a hard on was causing her to get wet.

The power over him intoxicated her. She literally had the power over life and death in the palm of her hand. She snaked her hand under her uniform bottom and began to finger herself. Her moans echoed down the streets and frighten people watched from the safety of their houses. She brought the man to her mouth and sucked his tiny erection inside. The man yelped in pain at the mind ripping suction. He desperately punched her rosy lips and tried to break free but a giant finger pushing on his bare ass held him firm. The man could only hold out so long from the most intense blowjob of his life. He came hard shooing his little load onto her tongue. Mila moaned like she had just tasted the best food of her life. A tiny but tasty saltiness coated her tongue.

 

She wanted more. Her sex drive was burning out of control. With a tiny push, she shoved him into her mouth. She tasted his essence. The salty flavor, the sweetness of body lotion, that inescapable tenderness of his body. The thoughts and flavors sent her over the edge. She came writhing on the street. Her legs kicked out multiple times knocking over apartments and shops. The unfortunate insides were killed by falling concrete and debris or was crushed by a boot slamming down on top of them. Mila clenched her teeth for the orgasm and immediately tasted an explosion of salty and metallic wetness.

 

The poor man was hanging over a tooth just before she bit down. Now he was screaming at the pain of losing an arm. The screams vibrated her mouth and made her uncomfortable. It was only natural. Her dolls back home never screamed or bled before. She felt that it was only "humane" to put him out of his misery. A few simple chews extinguished the screams. Mila swallowed the remains but enjoyed the flavor. Is she wanted to experience it again, she wanted to make sure to swallow them alive. That scream she could deal with instead of the howling of amputation.

When she ate humans it would be rebels or lawbreakers. 16 year old boy spraying graffiti saying Ingress Bitch was eaten on the spot. A woman smuggling weapons to the underground was eaten in front of a large crowd. Now she was "holding court" over a man accused of conspiring with the resistance. She relaxed on the street. She had taken her armor off due the unusually warm late April weather and had one foot sitting on the Arc de Triumph and the other being attended to by a man in his 40's. He was busy literally spit polishing her toenails as he gazed up at his mistress with a troubled look.

 

If this was a month ago or even a week, she would have convicted him and sentenced him to death by digestion but now after seeing Leila's broadcast, she had doubts. "Can we live among the humans as friends or perhaps lovers? Is it right to slaughter or conquer our possible saviors? Is there more to life than conquest? How does one choose to live with just one mate? What is this love they speak of?" she kept asking herself. If her beliefs were wrong, did she have the right to kill those that opposed it?

 

"This court will convene tomorrow" she said wanting to think it over some more. She frowned at the confused looks of the people. She grew tired of their faces and ordered them to leave. Now it was just her and her two attendants. "Something wrong mistress?" the man giving the teen giantess her weekly pedicure. "What do you think of me Jèan? Mila asked. The man was concerned about her question. Did he dare say what he wanted? "You are my mistress. You have treated my people better than the last commander. We wish to be free of your people but there are many who wish you not to be harmed. It hard to say for me...we want you to leave but at the same time want you not to. If only you could live like us humans like in the broadcast." the man said.

 

Mila was surprised at this. She figured he would say something that would please her to save his skin but the way he said it, the emotion behind his words, it sounded like he loved her. "What about you personally?" she asked wondering if his mood might change. "May be so bold? I love you mistress. The playful smile as you watch us in the street. The strict rules that aren't unreasonable by most. You only kill those who threaten you personally (except of the occasional accident). I love you mistress. It brightens my day when I can serve the woman I love" he said wondering if he went too far.

 

Mila was speechless. She felt her cheeks blush. "What am I feeling? This isn't what I feel during mating time.  Was this what humans called love? He did say love right?!" she thought. She shook her head trying to make sense of her feelings. "Prove it. Kiss my feet" she said smiling. She figured that his expression would change when he had to kiss her sweaty feet. To her amazement, she watched the man kiss her toes and began to hug her foot. She giggled at the funny face one the man until she felt him humping her sole. Their fun was interrupted by a broadcast coming in on her comm...

 

"Sorry to interrupt your honeymoon you two but we got a situation" General Longstreet said to Leila and Aaron. The newlyweds were on a secluded inland 20 or so miles from LA. "What is it general?" Aaron asked. "How do I tell you this son...they took out April colony" Longstreet said. The news hit Aaron like a ton of bricks. Everyone he grew up with was probably dead including his father. His home was gone. Arron hung his head and felt tears running down his cheeks. "Aaron?" Leila asked seeing his pain. "That was my home...it’s all gone" he whimpered.

 

 "I'm sorry to tell you this but we have a new problem. The debris from the colony will fall to Earth in less than 2 hours numbering over 20,000. I don't need to tell you what that means. We're putting the word out around the world to take shelter but we don't know what good it will do. We need Leila's help. Her people have weapons far more powerful than we do. If she could..." "Say no more general. I know what I need to do." Leila said closing the channel. Leila couldn't believe what she had heard. The recklessness of the Empress knew no bounds apparently. Leila opened the emergency channel on her comm. "To all Ingress that can hear me, the Empress has foolishly destroyed a human colony on orbit. She failed to take in what would happen to the debris it would create. I've just learned that the debris will strike Earth in 2 hours. What this means it that not just human lives are at risk but Ingress as well. I ask you to use your plasma cannons and sniper units to destroy the debris as it enters the atmosphere. To those who still question if it's possible to live among humans, show them we can help them, protect them, and defend them. To the others, at least do it to save yourselves. Good luck and good shooting"

 

Mila was one of just many who heard the transmission. She couldn't believe that the Empress would jeopardize the lives of her people with such a stupid attack. She was on the fence about leaving the Empire to be with humans but now she was certain that no good could come from following the Empress into war. Mila knew of the old stories of the before times and how the Empress' family triggered the near extinction of her race. It seemed that history would repeat itself if nothing was done. "Squad return to base double time!" she yelled over her comm. in just a few minutes the other member s of her squad stood before her wondering what the fuss was about. Mila explained the situation.

 

"Impossible! Our Empress wouldn't put her own people in such danger! She wouldn't sacrifice her own just to strike out at these tiny creatures!" Her sniper said. "She has and did. I confirmed it just a minute ago with a recon probe I launched into the stratosphere. Some of those pieces are huge even to us." Mila said. "What should we do?" another officer asked. "We spread out across the city and set up firing arcs. We use the cannons and sniper units to take down any in range" Mila said. "That's crazy! At that range and speed we'd have to use full power of the cannons! We'd get 3 shots out of them at most before they hit cool down mode!" the officer said.

 

"Then we're gonna have to make every shot count. Now go to your positions. We got 1 hour 47 minutes before the debris hits the atmosphere!" she yelled. They ran off to their positions and waited. The setting sun gave way to dusk and the minutes counted down. When the sun wasn't the brightest thing in the sky the squad and the brave few people standing outside saw what looked like shooting stars. "Easy squad. Those are the first few pieces burning up in the atmosphere. The real stuff is behind it. One minute remaining" Mila said over the comm. All across the globe similar scenes were taking place.

 

"Here they come! First target is 130,000 feet and closing!" The soldier with binoculars said. His sniper buddy aimed and fired. The plasma bolt shot into the sky at the burning chunk of metal and blew it to pieces. “Got it!" the sniper yelled. "Good because more are coming in hot!" the spotter yelled. The sniper fired at the debris and with luck destroyed them before they hit. Their celebrations were cut short when a chunk of debris the size of a skyscraper was falling toward them. They watched as it burned through the air and saw a blast of blue energy shoot toward it and obliterated it. What was left came down like snowflakes. This continued for over an hour and nerves were getting frayed.

 The time before detection and destruction was getting dangerously short. The plasma cannons were overheating and another large chunk was falling toward them. They fired wildly across the city hitting the chunk of debris the size of Manhattan. Things got worse when a small tremor knocked them off their feet. "Somewhere got hit!" an officer yelled. "Keep firing! For fucks sake keep firing!" another officer yelled. When it seemed Paris and everyone there was doomed, a bolt of energy shot across the horizon. The blast shattered the chuck and the leftovers hit the ground causing damage and killing a few people. By the end of the day, 1,257 people died but it was far better than losing the millions who called the city home.

 

Paris was one of the lucky cities. After the event was over, people calculated that 30% of the debris hit the ocean, 6% hit wilderness, deserts or unpopulated areas, another 13% hit the poles. Incredibly, the Ingress managed to destroy 15% of the debris. The rest however killed millions. Cities like Madrid, Shanghai, Dallas, Osaka, and Frankfurt; just to name a few were devastated. More coastal cities were hit by tsunamis generated by debris hitting the ocean. All in all over 300 million were lost along with 213 Ingress. That day would be remembered as "April Shower".

 

Mila was exhausted. She watched as the sky darkened with the smoke and ash from debris hits on the Eurasian continent. She knew what she had to do but she needed to summon the courage to do it. She went to the prison where she kept people charged with breaking "her" laws. She knew of one man who was scheduled to appear in her court tomorrow under the charge of helping the resistance. She had put off the usual sentence of being eaten on the spot when she heard he was a single father of young children. She agonized about what to do with him. She had to eat him. It was her law after all but the faces of his kids when she grabbed him off the street nagged her conscience.

 

She ordered her human guards to bring out the man. A few minutes later he stood before the teen giantess certain his time had come. Mila picked up the dirty man and dropped him in her palm. She felt his tiny 28 year old body quaking in fear. It reminded her of her pet mouse when she was a child. "Please have mercy! Don't eat me ma'am! OH GOD DON'T EAT ME!" he screamed. "I'm not eating you. I've decided to set you free. Contact the local resistance cell. I...I wish to discuss the terms of my surrender" she said uncertain or her future.

Chapter End Notes:

It seems like the first Ingress defectors are appearing and you can be sure there will be more to follow. Good thing to since Earth's defenses are now at their lowest. How do you work with a former enemy?

No matter what happens there are two people out there that won't take kindly to it and one can turn invisible!. Enemies will become friends and friends will become  enemies in he next chapter "The Enemy of my Enemy.."