- Text Size +

On a day that took her fancy in 2008, Mrs Robertson took Stefan into the kitchen to make another attempt at preparing him for her dinner. She opened the oven and placed him inside it and turned on the setting quite low. He watched her smile and close the door and stand up and then walk away from him.

Soon she served him up at the table and sat down and lifted him and held him in front of her widely opening mouth. He looked into it and savoured the beautiful sight, not losing awareness of all its ramifications.

Suddenly the reduction tablet lost its effect, and he fell from her hand to her lap, slowly expanding back to his full size.

“It seems you’ve escaped from my trap,” she said, “Though you wouldn’t have, if I’d eaten you before the unknown expiry time of the tablet’s effects.

He was glad to be able to take her in his arms, even after all that had happened between them. Mrs Robertson enjoyed it too.

Thora was amazed to learn of Stefan’s survival and normal size. She used her position on the administration staff to cover his absence and re-enrol him in classes. He continued to live in Mrs Robertson’s house, as he had been absent from society too long to explain it without giving away his secret inventions.

Stefan and Mrs Robertson dated for some time, but the day eventually came along when she said that she was not likely to marry again, and that their relationship couldn’t really go anywhere.

“Would you like to avoid being lonely by shrinking once more and being a lunch for the woman you love?” she asked.

He agreed, feeling sure that it was better than pining for her for the rest of his life.

*          *          *          *

Stefan and Mrs Robertson decided to shrink Stefan with another shrinking tablet, and be sure to have her eat him long before it wore off, but to allow him a few days to get used to his tiny size again.

When the day came for him to be eaten, she came home from teaching.

“Mrs Robertson, I think I’ve recovered emotionally from our break up,” he said, “And I’ve been having some second thoughts about being eaten. I’d like to wait for the tablet to wear off and resume my normal size again.”

Mrs Robertson left him and went out on her own that night. Over the next few weeks, she hardly spent any time with him. One day she came home and spoke to him.

“I was enjoying the thought of the meal that we had planned for me to make of you. I’ve been thinking about it for weeks, and I hope that you’ll understand that it was lovely to share in the best of romantic affairs. However, I have decided to eat you without your permission next week, downstairs, since there’s a non-teaching week.”

When the day came, Mrs Robertson dangled a cage from a hook on the ceiling, which hung on the end of a chain. She locked Stefan inside it and went upstairs to mark some chemistry assignments.

While Stefan waited for her to come back down and eat him, a girl his own age walked into the house. She saw him and smiled with lips, which were level with him.

“I’m Ellen,” she said, “I moved out when I turned 18 two years ago. Mum and Dad had me when they were 20. I’ve been shopping near here today, and decided to drop in and see Mum and stay the night.”

“I’m one of her students, albeit reduced. Later she’s going to come down and eat me for her lunch.”

Ellen opened the cage. He wondered if she would love him or just set him free. The girl had inherited her mother’s beauty, and had never been married. For her, a marriage to Stefan would have all of the excitement of a first marriage for a woman.

Ellen began licking Stefan’s cheeks.

“You taste delicious,” she said, and opened her mouth and placed him inside it.

He felt defeated, contained and forlorn.

“She’s just like her mother,” he thought, “This is it.”

Then she took him out of her mouth and put him back on her palm.

“Did you think I would swallow you?” she asked, “I was just teasing.”

Ellen had taken Stefan with her, and looked after him, after he’d explained that his reduction would eventually wear off, though it may take a couple of years. She dated him secretly, not even telling her mother how the boy had gotten away from her.

2010…

Stefan’s full size came back, and he and Ellen approached her mother and explained what had happened. He would never make another shrinking tablet, having several times experienced first hand the danger that they caused the user.

Ellen and Stefan continued dating, though now at the same sizes.

January 2012…

“I haven’t told Ellen about our former relationship, and you can be sure I never will,” said Mrs Robertson, “I want her to be happy.”

“I’m grateful,” said Stefan, “You’re both lovely.”

“You would have made a lovely lunch though,” laughed Mrs Robertson quietly.

2013…

Mrs Robertson kept experimenting, and kept licking her lips at the sight of certain first year chemistry students; but try as she might, she was unable to reinvent a certain size altering tablet…

 

Chapter End Notes:

The end, at least for now.