- Text Size +

December 24th,11:54.

Robert starts to slowly sneak downstairs.His slippers brush against each other as he quietly walks downstairs. His blond hair brushes against his forehead as the moves down the wooden stairs.He stumbles while he walks through the dark,cold house. Robert raises his right hand to feel for the doorhandle to the living room.Roberts hand slowly slides onto the handle and he pushes it down.

A sudden burst of light hits Robert and he recoils from the sudden change. He opens his eyes after rubbing them for a few seconds and sees a sight that is usually on Christmas post cards. The tree is lit up with bright lights and decorations with a bundle of presents laying spread out underneath. The electronic fireplace is on and the stockings are full to the point of overloading. The white couch and the white coffee table rest next to the tree.

But Robert doesn't see that. His eye is set on something else or at least, someone else.

"Um...uh...uh...wh...who....what?" Robert mouths as he tilts his head.

"You're not real. You're robbing us,aren't you? I'm calling the poli-"

"NO" The stranger shouts. His voice is so strong it pushes Robert on to the floor

"I'm sorry...I didn't mean to do that" The stranger says in a lower and calmer tone.

"Who...who are you?" 

"I'm me. I exist"

"No...you don't. Everyone at school knows you're fake"

"You're 8 right? You get told such crap earlier and earlier every generation"

Robert slowly stumbles towards the couch to and spreads across the seats.

"So...is your name really Santa Claus or is that just a nickname?"

Santa nods his head and stand up to strech his legs. He walks over to the couch and uses his hand to signal for Robert to move his legs. Robert sits up and Santa drops himself onto the couch and puts his feet onto the coffee table in front of him. Robert looms over w ith his mouth wide open. Santa looks over to Robert and puts his hand on his knee and smiles.

"I am real...and know that you know. I HAVE to take you with me"

"What...no..what the hell do you mean?" Robert jumps up and backs up into the tree.

"You are going to be working for me now. No one can know I actually exist."

"What?! Why not" Robert shouts back

"People everywhere will go looking for me during Christmas"

"So? Just leave me and I won't tell anyo-" Robert is cut off when he feels himself dropping closer and closer to the floor until he sees the humongous tree and skyscraper-like presents tower above him. He looks forward to see the light brown rug is now a rainforest to him. As Robert looks around and starts to scream and shout until he sees the towering fat man above him.

Robert looks up in horror to see Santas big black boot slowly fall down on to him. Robert stops screaming and starts to run towards the presents. 

Robert sees a rip in one of the boxes near the front and speeds himself up into the gap. Robert feels around the dark room until he stumbles into a, smaller and furrier, box.Robert walks around the smaller room until he hits the end and falls on to his back. 

Santa picks up the present and starts to shake it to make Robert drop out and fall to his death. Santa stops to give up and just rips the wrapping paper off and starts to smile as he finds out what Roberts parents got him and what Robert is hiding in. Robert feels the light on his face and sees that he is hiding in a pair of slippers.