- Text Size +
Jackie was perfect in every way imaginable. She was kind, making an effort to know everyone's names. She was beautiful, putting all other women to shame in every way physically. She was humble, never flaunting her obvious superiority over the rest of the village. She was strong, able to raze not only her home village, but the entire kingdom in a matter of minutes if she so desired. She was respected for her power and stature, but she never once gloated.

Everyone had come to love their giant protector. Jackie towered into the sky like the literal Goddess she was, so that the typical village home stood no taller than her bare toes. In all her years she'd never injured a single, tiny, fragile human being. Not even unintentionally. She was, after all, perfect.

It was all these qualities that made Blair hate the woman so. Where others saw kindness, and humility, she only saw an ugly smugness. But she couldn't very well think of the giantess as ugly, because, well, she wasn't! That only made things worse for the young teen as she stewed about in her house, plotting.

People outside were preparing to throw a parade in Goddess Jackie's honor. What kind of name was Jackie for a Goddess anyway? Blair was a real deity's name. She was the one they should have been throwing parades over! But she simply couldn't compete! She was small, overly thin, and had no notable qualities save for a rather extreme obsession with magic.

It was that obsession that drove her actions now. She'd concocted a plan to make things right. To dethrone the Goddess, and put herself in that seat. It was a rather genius plan, and one that would require a lot of cunning, trickery, and deceit to pull off. Luckily, unlike the Goddess, Blair thrived on dishonesty, and was making the final touches to a bubbling concoction.

The entire kitchen reeked of death, but Blair took great, deep breaths through her nose. Her vision blurred for a moment, and she shook her head to clear it. This was looking like it was going to work!

Turning around, she pulled a dirty knife from her sink, stretched out a bit of her shoulder-length black hair, and sliced it off. She dumped the separated hair into the bubbling mixture, and removed it from the heat, grinning as it began to cool.

A loud pounding on the door interrupted Blair in her reverie, and she scowled. Placing a top on the cooling pot, she ran over to answer the door.

“Hi! Just noticed you haven't.... what's that smell?” The tall, goofy man wearing a tunic with “I love the Goddess” stitched into it asked.

“It's my offering for the festivities.” Blair said flatly, finding the man and his shirt disgusting.

“Oh... well it smells sort of... Oh. I'm sure it'll be fine! The Goddess loves us you know! Even if whatever you've made doesn't taste that well, I'm sure she'd enjoy it just fine, and maybe offer some cooking tips. Why, one time, my wife”

SLAM!

Blair grumbled after slamming the door shut and went back to her kitchen, stirring the pot slowly. “Oh, Jackie loves us. Jackie did this for me once! Jackie this! Jackie that!” She said in a high-pitched voice, imitating her irritating neighbor.

With a grunt, she hefted the heavy pot from fireplace, and stepped back to her door. After taking a moment to ensure the annoyance was gone, she stepped outside, and followed the seemingly endless lines of people carrying various offerings to a plethora of tables set up before the giantess's huge, powerful toes.

Blair wasn't sure why they even bothered. Jackie tended to eat things by the table, so it's not like any of their hard work or perseverance on a good dish could be noticed! Was everyone else really that blind? Was she the only one with any sense?

After a long, exhausting walk, Blair found herself getting tired out, and felt another spike of resentment towards Jackie. Why should that overblown bimbo get to sit around in a custom-built throne while everyone else did everything for her? She worked for a living! This was beyond a simple status thing, as even those in governmental seats of power had real jobs.

Taking a moment to slam her pot on a table inbetween a roasted pig on a spit and an overdecorated cake, she began to fill a thrum of excitement fill her body. Turning around, she caught glimpse of those powerful, gigantic toes. This was the view typically afforded of the regular people, and so her feet were very well cared for. Somehow that made everything so much more ironic.

Scurrying away, but not too far, Blair waited to see if everything turned out as planned.

Huge fingers fell from the sky and carefully scooped up four of the tables at once. With an astonishing amount of dexterity, they were gently tilted into the great, yawning chasm that was Jackie's maw. Thunderous peals of applause exploded as the towering woman consumed all the offered food, and Blair covered her ears, trying to concentrate.

Then, Jackie coughed.

It was a strange sight. Their perfect Goddess had never before displayed any sign of illness. Why had she coughed?

“W-What's going on?!” Blair screamed shrilly, drawing the attention of everyone around her.

The sky went dark.

It had worked completely. A rather complicated potion that allowed Blair to take over the body of anyone who consumed it. Its effects were short lived, not lasting more than a minute, and if her original body somehow perished during that time, she'd be unable to return to normal. While this small detail deterred people from seriously using such a potion, none of them had ever tried it on the scale that Blair had.

Now the real Blair's mind was that of the Goddess Jackie. All at once she'd gone from kind, benevolent ruler, to a literal nobody. Just another speck among the crowds.

Of course, this left Blair in control of Jackie's former body. She realized the exact moment it had occurred, as the general noise associated with a festival vanished instantly, and was replaced with nothing. Complete silence. She'd immediately turned her eyes down, and spotted the lines of familiar white tables, lined with food. She knew her original body was in that crowd, and she didn't have a moment to waste.

Lifting a bare foot from the soil, she hovered it over the densely packed crowd, and wiggled her toes in anticipation. This was it. She'd always wondered what it would feel like to be a Goddess, and now she'd finally become one.

She stepped down.

The blonde Goddess's foot came down like a soft, beautiful bomb. The warm, soft skin lulled many future victims into a false sense of superiority, never believing for a second that they were in any danger. All except for one girl, with shoulder-length black hair. She was screaming in terror, and pain, amidst a completely calm crowd.

She was silenced soon enough.

Blair felt an amazing sense power course through her entire body in that moment. It was an action she'd done all the time in her previous life, as she'd already begun to view it. A step. Something she learned to do as an infant, and had continued doing throughout her entire life. It shouldn't have been notable.

But oh how amazing it had been! Dozens of people had complete faith in her benevolence until the very end. She was sure that her former self had been caught beneath the endless plain of her sole, and shivered at the thought. Someone she'd looked up at her entire life was now literally dirt beneath her feet.

“Oops.” Blair said, before removing her foot from the section of crowd she'd stepped on. Bits of pulverized human flesh clung to her sole for a moment before slopping off, and onto undamaged portions of the crowd.

Sure enough, the extreme favor the former Goddess had accumulated through her immortality meant that the careless slaughter of dozens wasn't enough to turn favor away from her. Even now, people rushed to clean the mess, and many even began to attempt to clean her foot from the viscera. This was exciting Blair to new heights, and she began wondering just how much it'd take for the people to realize that their Goddess had turned over a new leaf.

“I need something from all of you.” Blair spoke, still finding it a bit unusual for a voice that wasn't her own to come from her lips. “Hair dye. Black. Lots of it. Oh, and my name is Blair, not Jackie. I misspoke.”

The people accepted her word as law, and began to perform the tasks and accepting the name change without missing a beat. This brought a smile to the Goddess's face, who figured she may as well make her body a bit more comfortable, as she intended to be in here for a long, long time.

Purposely hovering her tremendous, bare bottom over a small neighborhood, she sat down. Dozens of peoples homes, belongings, and lives were crushed flat instantly beneath her soft skin, and she wiggled in place a bit, enjoying her power. Again, scores of people came and attempted to clean up the mess, and she idly scooped one up.

The little woman seemed to be ecstatic about being picked up, and Blair offered her a smile, before tossing the tiny thing into her mouth and swallowing her without any fanfare. Then, with another satisfied sigh, she leaned back, crushing dozens more homes beneath her back as she enjoyed the afternoon sun.

No sooner had she lay on her back that people began to set about the monumental task of dying her pretty blonde mop a dark, jet black. A cruel smile crossed Blair's lips, as she felt she had finally set everything right in the world. Jackie was gone. Long live Blair.