- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hello, and welcome back.  I’ve enjoyed writing these characters quite a bit, and I’ve received a lot of positive feedback from people about it, so as long as both of those factors continue, you’ll see more of this series.  Expect this one to be a little longer than some of the others of the series.

I’ve taken the aesthetic critiques of the previous entry to heart, and hopefully anyone who took issue with the age of the characters will find the conditions here acceptable.  In the end, it’s just meant to be twisted fun, and I hope people get that through these fantasy scenarios.  As always, please share your much-appreciated opinions, and enjoy!

“Kickass party, huh?” Jay laughed, roughly nudging his friend Scott Stevens in the arm.

                “Oh, yeah,” Scott agreed semi-drunkenly, taking another sip from his Solo cup.  He sputtered for a moment, then laughed, nearly tripping backwards if not for a table that helped awkwardly catch his fall.  A small splash of beer leapt from the cup and dribbled down his shirt as he laughed harder, clenching his eyes shut and wheezing a little.

                “Jesus, man, what’s with you?  That’s like your third one.”

                “I know, it’s good, right?” Scott slurred.

                “No, but really, I’ve seen you down like eight before you even get like this.  Did you space ‘em out?”

                “Hey, hey… hey… hey…” Scott grumbled jokingly.  “I’m… just fine.  I’m fine.  See me being fine?  It’s just dark in here, sort of, I think…”

                “Yeah… right,” Jay frowned, grabbing his friend’s arm to stop him from tripping backwards again and bumping into a small cluster of girls pushing their way through the mob of people, their voices mostly drowned out by the pounding house mixes hammering out of massive speakers affixed to the walls.  “Look, I think you’ve had enough, dude.  Why don’t you put the drink down?”

                “Relax, I’m not even falling over, or… or…”

                “Well, yeah you are, but also, we’ve got a history exam tomorrow afternoon, remember?”

                “Yeah, so?  I know that stuff.”

                “Fair enough, but if you can’t get yourself up for it and actually be able to think enough to finish it, your grade is fucked, man.  You get it?” Jay insisted.

                Scott nodded, placing the partially spilled Solo cup back on the table and began patting the beer stain on his shirt.  Despite his inebriation, he was able to hear most of the logic in what Jay was saying, even though he didn’t really like it.

                “Yeah, yeah, okay, okay… done.  Done.  See me being done?” Scott groaned with emphasis, holding up his hands to prove they weren’t holding a cup anymore.

                “Yep,” Jay answered, raising an eyebrow.  “Hey, listen man, even if we didn’t have that exam tomorrow… how are you even… you know, like this already?”

                “I don’t… know.  How strong is this stuff?”

                Jay rolled his eyes.  “You’re kidding, right?  This is poor man’s frat water.  You can practically taste the damn yeast floating on the top.”

                “Oh… shit…” Scott frowned, clutching his temple.  “You sure the first one wasn’t just straight vodka or something?”

                “Yeah… pretty sure.  The bar ran out of it like an hour ago, before we even got here, or that’s what they said anyway.  I’m pretty sure Hal’s just had it in for me since we trashed the blowup Christmas things last winter, and he’s been standing up there the whole time, so I don’t know what the deal is, we’re third years and we can’t even get at the good stuff here… but it doesn’t matter.   I mean, you look like you’re gonna puke or something,” Jay said a little louder so his voice could be heard over the music.

                “No, I’m not.  Hey… hey, I’m thinking I’m gonna… I’m gonna…”

                “What?”

                “Head over here,” Scott concluded, burping quietly and pointing shakily to the far side of the room.  “See who’s over there.”

                “Okay, okay.  We should probably ditch this place in like the next hour or so, but whatever.”

                “Coo, see ya, I’m…”

                “Hey, wait.”

                “What?”

                “Don’t get in your damn car.  You’d be stuck halfway up a tree before you even realized it.”

                “No, I wouldn’t.  What the hell?”

                “Seriously. Gimme your keys.”

                “Jay, I’m fine, man.  I’ll be fine.  I’ll be back over in like ten minutes or so.  Go do something.”

                “Yeah, okay,” Jay said with a shrug, looking worriedly at his friend before disappearing into the swarm of party-goers bathed in dim crimson lights from the ceiling.

                “Awesome,” Scott nodded assuredly, pushing somewhat roughly past the people in his way as he crossed the large room, blinking a little more often than normal.  “My keys…”

                “Hey,” a voice behind Scott whispered seductively.  Surprised, the twenty-one-year-old stumbled a little as he turned around to find himself face to face with his girlfriend Ella.

                “Oh my God, what the hell are you… Ella, when did you…” Scott sputtered with a goofy smile.

                “Shhhh… don’t talk in here, I can barely hear you,” Ella smirked, placing a finger over her boyfriend’s lips to quiet him.  “Besides, your breath doesn’t smell so good.”

                “Only my second one,” Scott groaned, leaning in closer to his girlfriend’s face.

                “Yeah… well… could you at least get a stick of gum, or something?  It’s pretty fresh,” Ella said, blinking a little, attempting to not hurt Scott’s feelings.

                “Yeah, yeah, I gotcha.  I think this place sometimes has a little bowl of them up near the bar for before you leave, I’m gonna go… gonna go… grab one,” Scott concluded with some difficulty.  “Don’t move.”

                “Now where the heck would I go?” Ella laughed, crossing her arms as Scott watched her disappear into the crowd.

                “Where’s the g… the gum?” Scott swallowed hard, resting his forearm on the bar.

                “Good God, man, you only got here like an hour ago, did you pregame or something?” the bartender chuckled, sliding the glass bowl of pre-packaged gum sticks over toward Scott.  “You’re done, right?”

                “Yeah, yeah, totally… totally… I’m just doin’ this because…”

                “Meet someone on the dance floor?”

                “Actually,” Scott corrected slowly.  “My girlfriend is here.  She goes to Stark’s Vega U, but she’s here… somehow…”

                “Are… you sure?  Pretty insane for someone to come across the country on a weeknight.”

                “Oh, yeah, totally, she’s way, way over there… somewhere,” Scott frowned, now not entirely sure of where Ella had disappeared to, but he was determined to find her as he tugged the gum stick out of the wrapper and began rapidly chewing, his eyelids beginning to feel heavy.

                “Don’t chew that too fast or all the flavor will be gone,” came a sly voice from behind Scott.  The words were soft and deliberate, yet somehow they managed to cut through the blur of cheers and house music into Scott’s ears.  Sloppily, he shifted his weight and turned around to find himself staring into the crystalline blue eyes of his sixteen-year-old sister Maggie, her fair blonde hair tied back in a ponytail, her tanned arms crossed aggressively as she leaned against a bar stool, smirking with amused self-satisfaction at her older brother.

                Scott’s jaw dropped in confusion, at which Maggie quickly pinched her fingers around her nose.

                “Oh, God, Scott, that’s just… I mean, wow.  Is this all you’ve been doing at college?”

                “Maggie!  I… I mean, no, um… what’s going… what’s going on?  Why… how are you even…”

                “Better close that mouth before someone gets offended at the smell, bro,” Maggie cooed with a grin, pressing her thumb under Scott’s chin to help close his jaw.  “More offended than they already are, anyway.”

                “Did you and Ella come here together?  Seriously, I…” Scott blubbered, but Maggie was no longer paying attention to her brother, and had instead peeked over her shoulder to two co-eds also leaning against the bar chatting and giggling loudly.  Hair straightened and adorned with bits of glitter, black Persian-eye style make-up glossed around their sparkling pupils, they had apparently been getting into the party atmosphere heavily.

                “Hey, you two,” Maggie called to them, getting their attention.  “See this guy?  Next to me?” 

                The pair nodded. 

                “He’s my brother.  My older brother.  And my mom shrinks him all the time and lets me play with him.  I’ve had him in my shoes while I was wearing them so many times it’s like his vacation house.  Like, literally, if you smelled him right now, you’d probably still be able to smell my foot.  Isn’t that hysterical?”

                The pair covered their mouths and chuckled piteously at Scott, their eyes scanning up and down his body before nodding to each other, snickering, and darting off in the other direction.

                “I guess you won’t be going out with them any time soon,” Maggie grinned as she turned back to face the furious-looking Scott, who by now had loosely clenched his fists, his inability to stand tall and intimidating notwithstanding.  “It’s okay.  Their make-up was cheap anyway.”

                “Look, Maggie, just piss off.  You shouldn’t even be in here.  There’s…”

                “...what, drinks?  I know what alcohol looks like, little brother, you don’t have to point it out.  I’m not stupid like you.  I wouldn’t drink it with all these people around.”

                “I’m not your little brother,” Scott scowled, steadying himself on a bar stool.  “Don’t call me that.”

                “Give it time,” Maggie giggled, rolling her eyes.

                “I mean it,” Scott sputtered.  “You… you stupid… stupid…”

                “You’re really gonna try to argue when you’re already just doing your best to not puke on yourself?  Honestly.  I don’t know why Mom bothers paying for you to go to school.”

                “Shut… shut up.  Where’s.  Um, I mean, where’s…”

                “Your weird girlfriend who pretends to like you?”

                “Yeah,” Scott droned, getting angrier but realizing he was in no state of sobriety to deal with his sister’s provoking ramblings.

                “We gotta leave.  I’m done talking to you.  I like it a lot better when you’re back home.”

                “Don’t get ahead of yourself, little brother…”

                “I said stop calling me that.”

                “…as I was saying, don’t get ahead of yourself.  You may be home sooner than you think.”

                “Yeah?  And why’s that?”
                Maggie shrugged toothily, leaning in closer to her brother’s face and bopping him on the nose with her pointer finger.  “Oh, I don’t know.  Just a feeling.  Woman’s intuition.  Whatever they call it.”

                “Yeah, well get your intuition out of my face.  I’m getting Ella and we’re driving back to my apartment,” Scott grumbled.  He shoved his sister’s arm hard out of the way, which only warranted a snicker from her as she wrinkled her cute nose up.

                “I’m not so sure about that.”

                “Who cares what you’re sure about?” Scott challenged as he pulled his keys from his pocket, jangling them dramatically in his fist as he peered blankly back into the throng of partygoers.  “ELLA!  WHERE ARE YOU?”

                “Seriously, Scott, don’t do it.  Don’t be dumb like usual.”

                “ELLA!”

                “Oh… my… God…” a new voice drawled with crippling concern above the pounding music.  Superiority, intelligence, and biting elegance, rolled into one of the most falsely sweet voices that had ever graced Scott’s eardrums.

                “M-M-Mom?” Scott babbled uncertainly.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Just a little plot set-up before we hit the juicy stuff.  Please comment!

For anyone wondering why that "New World Order" tag is on there, you'll see why in a few chapters.