- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Summer Hiatus... And then I lose the original version of this chapter, so I had to re-write it. At the same time, I'm working on a story-in-progress. Also, it's good to be back!

*The Goddess' Castle*
The Goddess was quite intrigued with this story about Isa's past. She decided to use this to her advantage when they arrived at the castle. But first, she had something else in store for them.


"Emily, Serenity, Beth! Come now!" She commanded.


Not long after the doors swung open and three Giantesses stepped into the throne room and approached The Goddess. Emily, the middle tallest, was a bit of a lone wolf despite worshipping The Goddess and more often than not having to work with other Giantesses. However, she still managed to get the job done. Beth, the smallest one, loved taking pleasure in beating down and mocking the villagers, but enjoyed it even more when it came to other Giantesses. She was entirely aware though that she wasn't even close to being among the biggest Giantesses.


"I need you three to head out and confront Isa and his two rouge Giantesses. Fight them if you must, but don't kill them. It will be interesting to see what will happen when no one can afford to hold back. Is that clear?" She instructed.


"Yes my Goddess." The three said in sync like drones.


They left immediately after and The Goddess waited with anticipation. Even if they were able to overcome them there was still the challenge of navigating the castle. Certainly something that was not to be taken lightly...

 

*Grassy Fields, Mid-Morning*
The morning wind and grass as far as the eye could see was a major breath of fresh air to me, especially from Kate's viewpoint. I could clearly see the castle not too far off in the distance, and I could make out a small village in between us and the castle. An idea popped into my head where we could stop at the village before we hit the castle and take on whatever The Goddess has in store for us. I decided that would be our plan of action for now. That is, unless word had gotten around already about what happened in the previous village. I thought against it so I would stress out about it, and focused on the here and now.


"Kate, Brianna. How about a break? We've been moving without a pause for a couple of hours now, and I think we can make it to the village over there by sundown, and The Goddess' castle by mid-day tomorrow." I recommended.


"Kate thinks a break would be nice." She agreed and carefully sat down while keeping me safe in her hand.


"Good idea Isa." Brianna also agreed.


We were all about to start relaxing when we heard a voice pipe up from somewhere.


"Well, if it isn't the gnat, the beauty queen, and the lost cause." A confident voice said.


The three of us turned around and there stood a Giantess. After standing up and getting a look at her, she seemed to have a rather rough appearance just without the muscle, and surprisingly only as tall as Brianna.


"My name is Beth. If you couldn't already tell, I'm a Giantess sent by The Goddess to take you down Brianna." She explained lightly.


"Well, by myself I might've had trouble against you, but with Kate and Isa, I'm sure we can take you down." Brianna replied confidently.


"Oh I wouldn't be so sure about that." Retorted a thorny voice.


This time we turned around and were greeted with another Giantess. This one had a dark attitude and stern look on her face, and was the same size as Kate, This started to worry us a little as we weren't certain we could take on two Giantesses, but we certainly weren't going to back out now.


"The name's Emily. You're my target Kate." She stated plainly.


"...Well, it's still two on three. Kinda." I said mustering up some confidence so they wouldn't sense any fear.


"Seems to me like you're not so sure of yourself are you?" Came a thunderous voice.
As if things were already looking bad, this third Giantess dwarfed the first two greatly, and Kate was only as high as her waist. She bent down and then spoke directly to us.


"Well hello down there. My name's Serenity and out of the three I see far beneath me, I want to fight you Isa!" She said with glee.


Almost the instant she stopped talking, all three of the Giantesses rushed at us, and we all primed ourselves for a fight we would not get out of unscathed...

 

Chapter End Notes:

Part 2 coming soon! Again, glad to be back!