- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Exams and an unexpected break. They prevent you from wiriting chapters you know? Good to be back and writing!

     The sun was gleaming high in the sky above our heads even as I looked from Kate's heightened viewpoint. It shone a bright white and yellow and the sky showed off an impressive sky-blue color. I knew that not too long from now the three of us would have to settle down somewhere, so we could get some much needed rest. From my view I could make out what appeared a rather moderate-sized town that wouldn't take Kate nor Brianna very long to get to. I thought if we could could convince the people to let us stay, we could rest there and get some other work done as well. Even if we were caught off-guard from an enemy Giantess, we could stand on the border of town and defend it, not only saving the people but also showing that not all Giantesses are evil, and that maybe there was a chance the two groups could live together as well. I decided to let the two of them know that we'd stop at the spotted town soon.

"Kate! Brianna! Do the two of you see that town far off over there?" I called.

"Kate sees it. It looks cute!"

"Yes, I do see it Isa. What do you have in mind?" Brianna asked.

"I'm thinking it would be best if we stopped there to get some rest, reload on supplies, and perhaps show the people the more gentle side side of the Giantess, am I right?" I explained, making sure to tell Kate as best as possible also.

"Kate will follow Big Brother wherever he goes!" Kate replied with excitement.

"That sounds like a great idea!" Brianna answered with a bit of affection present in her voice.

The three of us now had our sights set on the town ahead. It would only take about 10-15 minutes to get there. We were all filled with different emotions. Kate seemed the most excited out of all of us for multiple reasons. She'd get to have her first dinner with her new brother, meet new people, and perhaps spend some time with Isa as well. Brianna was anticipating dinner with me as well, since it could me very romantic if things went right. I on the other hand, was filled with mixed feelings, mostly uncertainty and unsureness for two reasons. If the people weren't willing to let us in, then we'd be forced back into the wild with nothing new, ans secondly, if some of the people weren't scared, what if they were to attack us instead? If that were the case, we'd either be forced to flee, or forced to fight. Fighting would certaintly tell the people that I was on the side of The Goddess, and that I was willing to share in the destruction of the people and let Giantesses reign. However, that led me to also have hope. Hope that the people would be willing to give us a chance, willing to see that not all Giantesses are evil, and that living together is a possibility if we let it come to pass.

As we approached the town, it seemed that none of the citizens that were out and about had noticed us yet, so I then decided that now was the time to act.

"Kate stop. I think it's best if you put me down here please." I said.

"Is something wrong Big Brother?" Kate asked, a look of concern present on her face.

"I think it would be best if you and Brianna stay here and wait until I say it is safe to enter the town." I explained to the two of them

"And also, when I call for you two, make sure you don't break ANYTHING or ANYONE when you come okay?"

"Okay. Kate will be careful and patient." She answered, clearly understanding what I asked of her.

"The same goes for me Isa. Go ahead and get those people to listen to you so they can see us for who we really are." Brianna agreed.

Kate slowly set me down just a little ways away from the town's entrance and the two Giantesses backed up slightly in order to furthur distance themselves from the town, but close enough still that I could call on them when it came time to appear. I boldly walked into the town and almost immediately people began to notice my presence. People whispered to one another, eyes would stare me down and follow me, and people would show their expressions through their body language. Surprisingly (and coincidently) a ladder that was left unattended leaned up against a house and with the crowd I had attracted that was still growing, I decided to climb up onto the house and address the people.

"Townspeople, hear my words! I am Isa, a boy who has been training since 10 years of age for one reason: to venture across the land and defeat the evil Goddess!"

It didn't surprise me that what I said would cause a mixture of different emotions among the people, and what I saw included whispering and eyes scanning me up and down to see what I really looked like.

"But that is not all I have already encountered three Giantesses, one of which drew me into a fight, but I walked away the victor!"

This made the people rejoice and call out my name, but I wasn't in the mood for taking pride in what I've done.

"However, that does not mean that all Giantesses are evil. For the remaining two Giantesses I've met, have joined me on my quest to defeat The Goddess and even wish to bridge both them and us together!"

This immediately made the celebration die down and changed the mood into a more confused and unsure state, and I could understand why. From a typical citizens perspective, it seemed impossible for the two enemies to live together, and I could also picture The Goddess herself looking at me somehow (or at the foot of her throne) thinking that this idea was also impossible. This was when I decided it was time to call them.

"For those of you who do not believe me, I shall call forth the two Giantesses here. If you wish to secure yourselves you may move into your houses and any other buildings to look out the windows, but please do not arm yourselves to fight!"

I turned myself to the left and called out for my two Giantesses to appear. It wasn't long before the ground was rocked by their steps and soon enough, they made their way into the town, stopping and carefully sitting down in the town center, which was surprisingly wide enough for the two of them. I looked around and sure enough, most of the people had already gone to their houses and were now looking out the windows at the two Giantesses towering before them.

"The two standing (or sitting) before you are ones who have joined me on my quest. The shorter is Brianna, and the taller is Kate. I wish that you please not reject them and I for who they appear to be on the outside, but please let them show you how gentle the Giantess can truly be!" I announced.

Both Kate and Brianna carefully shifted onto their knees and addressed the townspeople.

"Kate is friendly! Don't be scared of Kate tiny people!" She called with the most childish voice she could manage.

"There's nothing to fear! We won't hurt you, just come out slowly is you want to!" Brianna also called.

A brief silence crossed through the town as no one out of the small group or in the house seemed to make a move. Then, eyes quickly focused on two people: a mother and daughter. Smiles spread across the three of our faces, and we were filled with excitement as the pair made their way towards Kate and Brianna. They then each carefully took up their own person; Brianna took the daughter, and Kate took the mother. The gentleness they showed to the mother and daughter not only proved their innocence, but also began drawing more and more people out of their houses and hiding spots. It was clear that many people were now putting their trust in the three of us, and seeing us differently than what we simply appeared to be.

Chapter End Notes:

Will this trust only get the three so far? Stay tuned for Part 2!