- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This chapter took a while to complete.

I feel I did a really good job with this chapter.

Also, introduction of Kate the Giantess.

Lastly, if anyone's asking, the other story I'm writing is coming to a stop for now until I finish this story...

Kate was very different from all the other Giantesses. For starters, The Goddess had found her in an empty field, by the rubble of an abandoned hamlet. She not only took her in and treated her like a daughter, she blessed her, allowing her to grow to enormous proportions, certainly not making her the biggest of the Giantesses, but not far behind from being at her height of 275 ft tall! Kate also had problems ever since she was young. Even at her supposed age of 14, her brian was in a state of mind that she could grasp up to that of a 1st grader. That aside, Kate could do anything she put her mind to, as long as she was told how to. What she knew was that Momma was unhappy, ans she wanted her to cheer her up. She didn't know what the bad person looked like, but she had seen enough tiny people to distinguish someone like her from someone like them.
"Kate will make Momma proud! Bad people make Kate mad!" She said to herself, and she continued to move through a dense forest (that barely reached her knees), searching for the bad person.

*Mountain Range*

It was only a short time, but me and Brianna had hit it off very well together, and I've seen how much she likes and cares about me. But I haven't pushed out of my mind the fact that we hadn't run into another Giantess in a while and that we'd eventually be forced to fight. Right though, that was only a mild concern.

"Bri, I've just gotta ask. When I met Haley, I immediately thought that she was the biggest girl I'd ever seen. When I met you however, that thought totally went out the window. What I'm trying to ask is, there's not going to be a point where the Giantesses stop getting bigger is there?" I asked, trying to learn more about the Giantesses and getting an overall feel for them.

"Well, unfortunately yes, there isn't a point where we Giantesses stop getting bigger. You see, those who worship The Goddess are given blessings that differentiate depending on our commitment to our Goddess. Therefore the stronger the commitment to The Goddess when given her blessing, the larger and stronger a woman becomes. The majority of the larger Giantesses are older woman who have worshipped The Goddess for years on end. I'm more on the lower end of the spectrum for Giantesses." Bri thoroughly explained.

"So I'm guessing that Haley was just one of the smaller Giantesses? Because if that's the case, I think I have my work cut out for me on this adventure." I said with uncertainty.

"Yes you're right. Haley was simply a girl who just worshipped The Goddess just for the thrill of inflicting pain on others." Bri said glumly.

I sat there, taking in all that was just said to me. The fact that there was no boundary to how huge a Giantess could be scared me. Even though my fight with Haley proved that I could hold my own against a Giantess, even with training. If I were to best the Giantesses that were to be two times to even ten times bigger than Bri (especially The Goddess herself), I was gonna have to recruit more Giantesses to fight by my side. Every Giantess would count, no matter what their size, or what they were like. Bri seemed to notice my look of worry and decided to see what the problem was.

"Hey, I can tell you're worried. And I understand that all of the people we'll meet along the wat won't agree with what you're planning to do, but you need to keep your spirit up and keep fighting. After all, you look cuter whenever you're in the spirit." She said with a little spunk in her voice.

I felt myself blush in response to her invigorating words, and got up to straighten myself to show I had taker her words to heart. However my rise was shortly interrupted by an enormous object that towered over even Brianna, and the ground trembling with each of its approaching steps. Bri quickly got up, lowered me to the ground and readied herself, while I decided to go stealth-mode and hid nearby, having my sword and daggers on standby. Soon after hiding a Giantess (like I said, much bigger that Brianna) appeared through the trees. From what I could tell, she had a very childish face and appeared docile, though concentrated on finding something.

"Kate, what are you doing here?  Weren't you keeping Mommy Goddess happy?" Bri called up to the taller Giantess, making sure to add emphasis to the important parts of her question.

"Yes, but Mommy send Kate here to deal with bad man. Kate will find bad man, squish bad man, and make Mommy happy!" Kate said with a cheeky smile, which definetly didn't fit what she was saying.

"Bad man? Oh, you mean Isa. He's not bad. He's actually a very nice person when you get to know him."

"Well, Kate wants to see bad man now!" She said sounding an awful lot like a spoiled kid.

I decided that while she was larger than Brianna by a very high margin, Kate didn't seem capable of doing too much damage, so I casually stepped out of my hiding place, holding my weapons behind my basck in case this was some sort of hoax. Kate appeared to notice the rustling and crouched down to get a better look.

"Found you bad man! Now Kate will catch you!"

I quickly snapped back to reality a second too late as Kate roughly grabbed me and lifted me towards her face for a clear look at me. Her mind clearly underdeveloped, didn't tell her to be gentle, which is why her grip was starting to make my bones creak, even though the shield on my back was meant to withstand things like this.

"You really tiny. And you have sharp things. Why you make Mommy mad?" Kate asked trying to sound at least a little threatening.

I tried to speak, but her grip was forcing all the air out of my body. Brianna tried to take me back, but Kate stretched her arm much higher than she could reach, makng me impossible to take back.

"Kate, you need to put him down now!" Brianna once again called, desperately trying to get her to at least loosen her grip.

"Why? If I squish bad man, Mommy will be happy!" Kate said clearly letting whatever Brianna say pass through her.

"Could you at least be a little nicer to him before you hurt him by loosening your grip? I think he's loosing air." Brianna asked nicely.

Hearing Brianna's good manners Kate lowered herself and her arm to Brianna's level and loosened her grip, allowing me some breathing room, ang giving me free reign to talk. I could see now that Kate had a massive defect with her brian, which only allowed her to grasp so little. Therefore, The Goddess could easily manipulate her into doing whatever she wanted as long as she mentioned it would make her happy. The things that she could've done out of ignorance just to make someone happy filled me with pity for this girl, as she was so unaware to the world around her.

"Kate I need you to understand that I'm not a bad person okay?" I said, trying to reason with her.

"But you are! You make Mommy made, and if Mommy isn't happy then I'm not happy!" Kate retorted.

"Kate, The Goddess isn't your Mommy. If I were to guess, I'd say you don't know who you really are do you?" I asked.

Kate began looking at me with confusion.

"What do you mean? Kate is Kate. Mommy gave Kate that name!" She said trying to make sense of what I was saying.

"It's obvious that The Goddess has raised you from childhood, but there are a lot of things you aren't aware of yet." I said.

I decided to lend things over to Brianna, so she could have a good long talk with Kate. It looked like a mother teaching her child about something he/she has no idea about, except this daughter was much larger than the mother. I could be the father, but I could see myself better (ironically) as the big brother who protected her little sister. It took some time, but it finnaly looked like Kate was understanding what Brianna was telling her. The pair walked over to me and once again Kate picked me up, but with both hands and a different expression on her face.

"You Isa. Isa is Kate's big brother. Kate is Isa's little sister. Kate wants to know big brother better." Kate says this with slight authoriy as if she sees as a long lost relative. The thought of another ally jumped into my mind, but it was shunned out by the fact that despite I wasn't originally Kate's big brother, I felt a sense of responsibility that I had to protect her from harm (even thougb she was clearly capable of defending herself) and building a real relationship with her to show that I care about her.

*The Goddess' Castle*

With a situation like Brianna's betrayal, The Goddess absolutely blew her top. However in a case like this, she simply shrugged off Kate's as a simple matter. After all, she wa about as easy to mold to her will as putty. Easy to shape so she had an incorrect sense of who was good and who she thought would was bad that she could practically do anything, and end up satisfied by the end of it (even if that meant killing innocent people whom she thought were bad just to make her Mommy happy). She did however, take into thought how Isa already had two Giantesses fighting by his side, and how that number overtime, could become massive (no pun intended). She sat there on her throne, postulating what kind of precautions she would take, as the trek to her castle wouldn't be as long now that he was being carried back by two entirely different Giantesses.

Chapter End Notes:

Remember when Isa mentioned the showing the people that we can live in harmony subplot? Well, our next chapter jumps right into that subplot!