- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The first chapter is a dry Penny Origin Story, which will most likely appeal only to the diehard followers of my Penny Series. The Cameo's will also probably be only noted by the series fans as well.

The second and final Chapter will be about Cassie. A traditional penny story. I originally planned for both chapters to be out for Halloween, as well as finishing my other story, Experiment & Lost to Time. But it seems I've run out of time and also have been working overtime at my work, so it just isn't going to happen! So I will provide you with what I can for today.

So I hope this opening chapter will serve as a good appetizer. And Hopefully I can finish all my loose end stories soon, if I ever get some more free time. I wish everyone a happy Halloween!

      An old Egyptian priest set the round metallic object on the table in front of him. Using his wands magic, the object glowed. "It is done. With the thousandth soul, the Ritual is complete." Horus dropped the object into the final pool of blood. The last human sacrifice's remains sat next to it, pale from lack of blood.

      "It is the Eye of Ra." Horus said.

      "Peculiar name, but it is most fitting. It meets my approval Horus."

      Ra reached down for the object in the pool of blood." Holding it up, Ra examined the object closely.       "Horus, my faithful servant. With this! My Reign will last for eternity." Said Ra as blood dripped down his hand.

      "Yes Ra." Horus bowed down before him.

      "But Horus. How does the Eye of Ra work?" Asked Ra as he looked down at the object.

      "All objects, and people have a soul Ra, and this object steals them." He picked up the object. "The eye of Ra also has a soul as well, and will read it's users mind, and well..."

      Ra watched as the metallic round Object in his hand rearranged itself into a coin.

      "As you can see Ra. It has taken the form of an ordinary coin to protect itself."

      "I don't care for how the Eye of Ra looks! Just tell me how it works Horus! I grow Impatient!"

      Horus looked at his God. "Yes. Upon saying the word Lucky, in any language, the Eye of Ra will steal the soul of anything the wielder was touching with his other hand. At that point the wielder of the Eye of Ra's Soul will transfer into the thing he was touching. With your own body devoid of a soul it is stored perfectly inside the Eye of Ra until the wielder takes the Eye of Ra into his hands once again. The Eye of Ra at that point will return the soul it originally took and return it to whence it came."

      "I see Horus! Clever, but such a dangerous choice of words for magic activation. Now demonstrate!" Ra commanded, dropping the Eye of Ra into Horus's hand.

      Horus caught the Eye of Ra in his right hand and hesitated.

      "Go on!" Said Ra as he handed a sword to Horus.

      "Wait, remember to have my body touch the Eye of Ra to return my soul to my original vassal."

      "Of course, I would not choose to lose such a valued servant."

      With a sigh of relief Horus spoke the magic word as he held the sword in his opposite hand.

      Ra watched as the sword and coin hit the ground with a clang. Picking up both he admired Horus's work.

      "You make a decent sword Horus." Ra chuckled as he swung the sword through the air. "But alas you are needed by me as you were much more." Ra released Horus's trapped soul from the sword with a touch from the Eye of Ra.

      "Yes, Ra. I will always be your most humble servant." Horus bowed, thankful to be released from the swords body.

      "First we shall find my new body, yours as well. Then I shall rule Egypt for eternity."

      As his proclamation had played out, Ra sat over and ruled Egypt for eons, without issue. Over the centuries however, he had slowly lost power over his Egyptian people. As time progressed his position always seemed to be a dangerous place to be. Eventually he was driven from Egypt and headed north. Along the way they ran into slaves also fleeing Egypt. Horus used his dark magic to open a path in the sea. Ra was angry at the group, but they seemed harmless enough. The group was heading to Israel. Ra might have cared enough to have them executed if he still ruled Egypt, but the former slaves, being lead by an old man, took the sea's parting as a miracle of their god. Which was a much easier excuse to hide Horus's presence. Using them as camouflage worked out well for Ra and Horus.

      Constantly replacing his host bodies as they got old and frail, he had found that taking the bodies of children was safer and easier. The positions of power always seemed to be a dangerous place to be regardless of his host's positions. In the years following the massive death, he had ended up in a terrible situation. He had taken a young  man's body who was slated to be the next King of England. It was shortly after this point he nearly lost his head. Eventually, after many more years and tries at power, Horus and himself made one final go at controlling the world before giving up.

      This was the closest to ruling the world they would ever come, but it was also the most dangerous attempt. Setting up the Thule society in Germany, Ra had bidden his time well. The wait until a proper host presented themselves was difficult, but worth it. He had taken the body of a young German at the head of the Thule society. The young man had been quite accomplished, and even wrote a very popular book which helped him to acquire his exalted position. Throwing the world into chaos, he had no intention to stop until the world was his again. It was all for naught in the end though. His hosts body eventually met an unfortunate end, leaving him to escape the wrecked Germany. Forced to steal bodies along the way, it was a very precarious time. It was at this time he had had suffered a personal tragedy. Himmler, No Horus. He had met his untimely end, far away from Ra. Ra regretted his servants death. Perhaps Horus was the closest thing he had to family. Alas Ra had to move on. He was already too late to save his good old friend, so he had to move on. Horus had been his only companion for thousands of years. He was alone now.

      As luck had it, he was able to head to America. Following the winds of power he sailed across the Atlantic. While there, he was able to build himself a corporate empire. He was satisfied. Staving off his loneliness was now his primary concern, controlling the world was no longer a priority or an afterthought. Choosing the son of a wealthy family within his company, he decided it was time to have a fresh life.

      Using the Eye of Ra, Ra took the body of the four year old son of the family he had scouted in his company. After many years of hiding the Eye of Ra, he lost it. Or maybe he chose to abandon it. It was at school somewhere, but he gave up looking for it, instead he focused on living a normal life.

      Reforming himself, he chose to pursue the matters of love. Ha had been lonely far too long, and just wanted to live a true life. He had become infatuated with a young girl that attended his school over the years. He had gone out with her on several dates already, and she was now moving unto college. Tonight they were going to celebrate her acceptance into her chosen college! Of course he was also already accepted. Her name was Rachel, she reminded him of one his old Egyptian queens, still it was her unique personality that had truly caught his soul. She had a younger brother Alex whom he did not care for, but that wasn't important.

      Tonight, they would finally become one.

***

      As for the Eye of Ra, it was eventually found. Ra would never see it again, but his girlfriends brother had. The Eye of Ra, resembling a penny, was actually sitting in her purse during her entire date with Ra. From here it found its way to a gas station where it took the poor soul of a young man. After that it had now finally found its new owner, a small young girl named Cassie who loved animals. A fitting new owner, who would help the Penny devour more souls.

***

      It had been a quite a few years since Cassie had found the Magical Penny. She was now going on 16, it was hard to believe that years earlier she had gone on exciting adventures. She was the typical small young blonde girl who played and romped all over her family's farm. She had found the magical Penny when she was only ten, it originally was going to help her buy some ice cream. Instead it had lead her on several crazy adventures, the first was when she had transferred her soul into the family's cat, Spitz. It was an accident of course, not knowing back then what she knew now. Saying the word lucky would transfer her soul into the animals around the farm. That first time was really scary, and she had nearly spent her life as a cat. Luckily she was able to figure out the way to reverse the magic pennies effect, by the day's end. But here she was now contemplating it's use again, now that she was older. It had sat in her hope chest by her bed for so many years.

To be Continued.

Chapter End Notes:

Thank you for reading the first chapter. I hope you like the follow up chapter more! Happy Halloween! The second part will be done, when I get some more time.

As always I congratulate you if you read this far, and I hope you can do me the honor of pointing out any mistakes you saw, or provide me with positive criticism or feedback. Knowing people enjoy my stories can't help but make me want to write more.

 Thank you,

EricAFreak