- Text Size +

Next to Lisa stood the famous Cologne Cathedral.

The 515 feet tall building was totally dwarfed now that a roughly 3,000 feet tall giantess stood next to it. The two usually impressive spires hardly came up to her knees. It seemed as if she had bought a miniature souvenir of the Cathedral and placed it next to her on the ground.

"Hans once told me that you people were worried when building a new subway," Lisa said. "That the Cologne Cathedral's foundation would give in and the entire thing would collapse. Don't worry, I'll take care that won't happen!"

Grinning and hands on her hips again, Lisa lifted her right foot and held it into a 90 degree angle. Like a gigantic building crane, the giantess turned and brought her foot over the Cathedral until it hovered over it.

All of Cologne was quiet. Only a few sirens could be heard, but every man, woman and child collectively held their breaths as the giantess held her foot over their famous, beloved landmark. Lisa, aware of this, held her foot a couple of seconds over the building, savoring the moment. She rocked a bit while trying to keep her balance, but didn't fall. Then she decided it was time.

Crushing time.

Slowly, painfully slow, the giantess brought her foot down. The Cologne Cathedral was about to be destroyed.

Lisa's sole first touched the two spires of the Cathedral. Small chunks of rock rained down as the upper parts almost simultaneously broke off. Lisa's foot descended slowly, the giantess loved every moment of it. Her foot, bringing down an unphantomable weight, broke through the ancient masonry like it was made of dried crackers. One spire broke in half, vertically, and fell in two large chunks down the walls of the building. The other one held on a bit longer. But Lisa was the stronger.
Slowly, the other spire began crumbling. As if made of loose sand, it turned to pieces as Lisa's foot came down more and more. Small pieces of stone and wood rained down on the plaza before the Cathedral, injuring a few startled onlookers.

Hans, still on the bridge, saw with horror how his ex destroyed the landmark of Cologne. Lisa's eyes wandered from him towards the Cathedral and back, hands on her hips, as she slowly crushed the building.

As Lisa's foot reached the roof of the building, it seemed to offer an almost divine kind of resistance as the bringing down of her foot was halted. But that only seemed so for a moment. Lisa's foot, about as long as the Cathedral, rested for a few seconds on its base. Then, a muscle in her leg twitched. Lisa had deliberately halted her crushing, but now, she continued it.

First, cracks appeared on the four walls, as if drawn by an invisible hand. The age- old windows shattered one by one, raining shards down on the ground. Statues of saints toppled from their niches and fell head first down, breaking into countless fragments. Without shifting more weight, the enormous foot broke through the large, thick walls. Finally, the Cathedral gave way to the giantess. With a loud rumble, Lisa's foot totally smashed through the building, flattening it and all masonry, treasures and objects of art inside of it.

The shock was indescribable for the people of Cologne. Their Cathedral, landmark of their city, utterly destroyed by a grinning, 3,000 feet tall girl. Crushed like a box of plywood. It had taken centuries to build, and now, all was destroyed in less than a minute under the sole of a gigantic young woman who thought this was a good way of taking revenge on her boyfriend.

Hans himself was crying as Lisa trod down the Cathedral. He barely noticed her trampling the remains and shoving them into the Rhine, flowing next to where it stood.

This is fantastic! That building, that place of worship of the new religion, she has destroyed it! I've seen it being build, long ago, and it took centuries to complete. It had always hurt my eyes, as it is... was a monument of the new religion. Finally it is destroyed! Oh, great day! Now that this Cathedral is gone, now that the Rhine is washing away its leftovers, the gods will surely let me enter Valhalla.
Ah, that Lisa girl is big. Bigger than we ever imagined our giants and giantesses, but then, she is nothing compared to Jormungand,  the Midgardsnake who encircles the entire world. Ye gods, did you see that the Cathedral is gone? Please, I beg thee, let me enter Valhalla!