- Text Size +

She let her rage fill her body, blowing it up like hot air balloon. She swelled to dizzying proportions as she unleashed her anger and embarrassment. Lisa grew to one mile, then two, then three. Her feet totally obliterated whatever was left of the main railway station, her gigantic toes stretched into the Rhine, creating an enormous pink dam that made the river flow into the already severe damaged parts of the city. But the water would be the least problem the inhabitants of Cologne would soon have.

Lisa was already four miles tall and still grew. She would get Hans! And this entire city, oh yes!

"AAAaaaarrggh!!!" she screamed, adopting a stance as if she was chained by her wrists and someone struck her back with a whip. Her eyes closed, head tilted back, Lisa gave everything she had. She could feel entire city blocks crunch into dust against her feet, clouds moisten her chest, daylight slowly dimming as she rose higher and higher into the air.

After about a minute, she stopped her growth. Opening her eyes, Lisa saw nothing but small patches of different shades of green, as well as here and there some clusters of red and white dots. It was a sight she knew. Lisa remembered the same scenery when traveling by plane. Grinning, she looked down.

She saw her feet, standing in Cologne. No, not in Cologne.

On it.

Her feet easily covered one-third of the million-people city by just standing on it!

Lisa laughed out loud. The "big" city was hardly the size of a doormat to her now. She was 8 miles tall!

The Rhine was nearly invisible from her height. Houses, even the larger ones, seemed like crumbs, streets and railroad tracks as thin as threads. Lisa was unable to see people, she couldn't even see cars from her height.

Gleefully, she trampled the city as if extinguishing a fire. Within ten seconds, her mile-long feet, about 2,500 feet broad with toes each over 600 feet, had destroyed all of Cologne. Nothing of the age-old city remained. Lisa was so vast now, her weight pressed everything deeper into the ground as the deepest subway station had been. Entire houses, at least their remains, stuck into the wrinkles of her sole, while no one could hope to survive. Lisa compressed everything into a layer of stone, metal and organic material.

Not satisfied, she took a step backwards, bent down and collected the remains of the city. She swept it together with her 5,000 feet long hands and kneaded it into a ball as if it was winter and she was gathering snow to make a snowball. Then she threw the ball of dirt, crushed buildings and dead people into the air and kicked it. What was left of Cologne splattered into countless pieces before raining death and destruction upon everything in a sixteen-mile radius.

"There. So much for Hans," Lisa thought. "Now, what shall we do next?"


She walked around, gazing down on the German Rhineland as if she was indeed in a plane. Lisa deliberately stepped on the tiny villages. She liked how they fit easily under one of her feet. And she liked how they crunched nicely too. As if stepping on small, fragile crystals.

She arrived at the Cologne-Bonn airport. She never noticed the plane that was about to fly away her thigh smashed. She didn't feel the fireball it erupted into. She was too massive.
Hands on her hips, Lisa spread her legs, with could now span the entire, usually impressive airport. Lisa bent down and saw the tiny planes, to her the size of gnats. Smiling, she pressed her thumb on one, destroying it immediately. Then another. And another. Lisa continued that game for a while, she pressed 35 passenger planes, some even filled with passengers, into flat plates of metal.

After that, she carefully grabbed a plane and lifted it to her face. Although she was as gently as she could be, the tiny thing was bent severely, since her gigantic fingers put the plane under a huge pressure by merely picking it up. It was indeed like a gnat to her. Lisa tried to make out details, but, despite she had keen eyes, she couldn't. It was as if looking at a plane in flight, one couldn't make out much then also.

Rubbing her fingers and, doing so, turning the plane into a tiny ball, she crushed the terminals. Her feet broke through the roofs, smashing and destroying countless waiting rooms, shops, stairs and whatever else was to be found on an airport. After that, she scoped up the debris and made a small -to her- hill of it. Turning around, she sat down. Her gigantic butt pressed everything together. Lisa smiled. An entire airport compressed under her ass! What might! What power! She was a goddess!

After having sat for a while and enjoying her new might, she stood up again. Looking behind her, she saw that nothing but unrecognizable debris was left in the two oval shapes her butt cheeks had pressed into what had been a runway. Chunks of the airport fell down her butt, raining on the rest of the debris. Lisa wiped her butt cheeks off and went on her way.

She saw another city. It was Bonn, the former capital of West Germany. Without much fuss, she simply placed both feet on the city, in a way as if she stepped on a pair of digital scales. Her feet nearly devoured all of Bonn. Lisa, hands on her hips, looked down with a satisfied expression. She reveled in her might! Everything the people of Bonn had on their mind, from criminals planning their dark things to lawyers thinking of their strategies, from common neighbor quarrels to businessmen trying to make a big deal, it was all covered by her two naked, colossal, female feet! Every building destroyed. Every tree and car obliterated. Nothing remained under her soles. It was a marvelous feeling! Like a gigantic blanket, everything was immediately smothered into insignificance and nothingness by her mile-long feet.

She curled her toes, scraping two city blocks away, and sighted blissfully. Nothing could harm her anymore. She was the ultimate living being! Lisa cleared her throat and addressed the country, the continent, the world.

"I am Lisa, your new goddess! I can crush cities like nothing, destroy them by merely stepping on them! I drain rivers and lakes, flatten hills and smite villages with my fists. Woods are nothing like a thin layer of green, like velvet, which I can use to wipe my divine feet on! I want to be worshipped, and if I am displeased, a dozen cities will be obliterated! I am a goddess, and.... AAWWKK!"


Epilogue

Lisa never saw it coming. A tiny, yellow spark, flying swift as the wind. Like a meteorite burning in the atmosphere, it zoomed towards the back of her head.

Ziiing! It pierced the back of her head, her skull, her brain. Exactly there where even the tiniest of wounds was fatal it bored itself through the soft brain tissue. Then it emerged out of her cheek, leaving a small wound, before disappearing.

Lisa, caught in mid-sentence, fell. She was dead even before she reached the ground. As the 8- mile self-appointed goddess fell on the earth with a large THUD, her impact send ripples all over the world and destroyed everything in a twelve-mile radius from her body. The giga- giantess was no more. No one knew what caused her sudden death. Well, almost no one.

The gates of Valhalla have opened. Valkyries at my side, I enter. In the large hall I am greeted with cheers and hails. I grin. This is the moment I have been waiting for, for countless years.

Wotan, in his full glory, welcomes me. The All-Father, the Wild Huntsman, whatever his nicknames, smiles. Finally I am allowed in his hallowed halls. This is a fantastic moment. An honor usually bestowed upon the bravest of warriors. He addresses me with great joy in his remaining, sparkling eye.

"Welcome, my friend. Sit and be merry. Pork and mead are yours! This is a day of celebration, finally we have had our revenge!"

I bow and sit down, cheered by many fallen warriors and gods. I feel like a hero.

I am a hero.

My long, long wait has ended and I am rewarded for my loyalty. My vow is fulfilled. But one thing is on my mind. Why did Wotan kill Lisa, instead of letting her wreck more havoc? I ask the All-Father and he nods in understanding.

"I had to kill her. She had become too big and threatening the country. It were after all our lands she was destroying. Including countless of our holy oak trees. From a normal person, she turned into a monster. For a while it was all right, but she was getting too dangerous and power-hungry in the end. No, I had to kill the wench. So I hurled Gungnir, my sacred spear, and slew her."

But how? For doing this, one needs a lot of power. And ever since the new religion overtook the worship of my gods, there have been no sacrifices to grant them power. When I asked about this Wotan smiles.

"She made a sacrifice. No, not the tears. After she captured her ex-lover, she killed a few people and said that they were a sacrifice for me. Even if she didn't really mean it, it counted as one. And the human blood gave me enough power to intervene one last time with the mortal world. I had to kill her, because she was overusing her powers granted by my well. Which, by the way, will now be a common water well with no powers whatever.
But enough of this. Let us have fresh boar meat and drink until Ragnarok, the end of the world, comes. Either by a giantess or not, ha, ha!"

Thus Wotan spoke. And I, Bertram, am now one of the heroes. Pity Lisa had to die, but the All-Father, also the god of wisdom, is right. One should not overuse a gift from the gods.

Yes, patience is a noble trait....


THE END