- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

As in most stories, the situation goes from bad to worse.

Adam felt that he was near breaking point as he continued to stare at the sock that separated him from exiting Alissa’s smelly shoe. Alissa had long ago turned the light off and had gone to bed but Adam remained awake. Why had this happened to him? There was no explanation or reasoning to how and why he had shrunk. Alissa his love slept miles away from him without a care in the world while Adam was left awake scared and confused. Adam had a simple way out of this mess but trying to solve the equation itself was a dangerous task, simple he needed Alissa to find him, but that would prove difficult at the size he was and being trapped in the sock did not help any further to solving the problem. Morale was low every though Adam had was negative putting himself down, making him feel worthless for having gotten trapped inside a shoe, no person could have possibly endured such an odd defeat. Finally Adam decided to take control of his mind, all the negative talk would have to wait because Adam was tiered and needed rest. Moving the sock around Adam had created a perfect sleeping place for which to lie down on as well as cover him up. Without further hesitation an exhausted Adam crawled into his strange bed and fell asleep.

 

An alarm clock buzzed in the distance to Adam it sounded like a thunderclap to his tiny ears. With Alissa beginning to stir Adam decided to get out of bed, there was only one problem with that, he was stuck. The sweat unaware to his knowledge acted like glue while he slept, now dry, it held Adam in place preventing him from moving.

 

Meantime Alissa began to get herself out of bed. Her feet were first to leave the covers so they were the first part of her body being exposed to the cold morning air, no longer protected by the sheets of her bed. Too lazy to pull a new pair of socks out her draw she scouted the floor the ones she had worn during her run yesterday knowing that they would be easier to place on her feet having done so yesterday. After looking for about twenty seconds she found the pair that she had carelessly stuffed into her shoe. Her feet gave off a little feeling of heat indicating her body excitement for covering up from the cold. Standing up Alissa made her way over to her dirty sneakers and pulled the socks out from within her sneaker.

 

Adam heard the sound of a distant yet familiar rumbling indicating that Alissa was walking in this direction. From what Adam could tell, she was very very close the entire sneaker was vibrating because of this. Adam screamed out in a attempt to try and gain her attention which he knew at this level would be impossible. He was then surprised when he noticed that the sock had lurched up taking him with it. Had she heard him? Thoughts of excitement ran through his head. If she had discovered him she was being very careless because Adam now had to cling onto the sock because he was miles above the ground. Alissa brought the sock up to her face, was she looking for him? Adam noticed that her eyes weren’t searching for him. Alissa inhaled bringing the sock slightly closer to her face before taking it away from her in disgust, swinging Adam violently almost breaking the sweat seal.

 

“That stinks” stated Alissa pointing out the obvious that Adam already knew. Her breath rolled over him like an invisible mist. Adam smelt a foulness he had not smelt before and almost gagged at it, her breath was more putrid that the sock he was attached to.

 

“Alissa! I’m here! Right I front of you, look at me!” Adam was beginning to realize that Alissa was not looking for him, knowing he may not get this chance again Adam decided to make as much noise a possible hoping Alissa’s ears might pick his tiny pleas for help. The response he got was enough to make Adam pull all of his hair out, Alissa without a thought just lowered him away from her face. Adam was so outraged and mad he didn’t realize his predicament. Without much thought she threw the sock Adam was attached to onto the bed beside her. Letting out a few cursed words Adam moved his head to see what she was doing. She had crossed he legs, not fully though as she was using her placement to pull the other sock onto her foot. Adam’s mind suddenly put an equation to him and instantly solved. Other sock + foot = Adam’s sock + foot

 

“Oh shit!” yelled Adam upon realizing where he was destined to go next

 

Meantime Alissa had just finished pulling on her sock, making sure it was on tight and high to shield her flesh from as much cold as possible. She pulled her finger out of the back the sock, which made the sound of the sock snapping shut that made Adam cringe with fear. Without giving much attention she places her hand on the bed grabbing the sock Adam was stuck to the bottom of and brought it to the front of her so she could carry out her task.

 

“Please Alissa don’t do this I’m a human being!” Adam said this tears rolling down his face knowing that Alissa was not listening.

 

“For God’s sake Alissa listen to me, I don’t deserve this!” however Alissa carried on ignoring Adam, like a parent ignoring a Childs tantrum.

 

To further aggravate an emotional Adam her giant finger came down on top of him effectively silencing him. Adam made an effort to try and free himself from underneath the finger, but the finger pressed hard on him. Adam could feel himself going backwards as the finger continued to push, then it suddenly stopped and removed itself from on top of Adam. A startled Adam looked around, the outside of the sock had become the inside, and the material of the sock arose around him like walls. Adam looked up in time to see the hand of Alissa leaving the inside of the sock, and for the briefest of moment he got a glance at her face. As if by instinct Adam yelled and struggled trying to gain her attention and like so many times before she ignored him. Adam spotted Alissa’s toes entering the rim of the sock, at this point Adam lost control and bashed around in order to free himself. Surprising himself it worked and he managed to get free, yet he was still trapped at the bottom of the sock as Alissa began to pull him closer to her foot.

 

Chapter End Notes:

i devoted the whole day to writting this chapter. i really struggled to get it onto paper and much to my surprise it was longer than i anticipated. however it feel altough i just pulled it out of no where and doesnt seem well written, but i'll let you guys be the judge of that. not to sure about the next chapter, i may just extend this one. still yet to decide.

as always i do like feedback, ideas and suggestions for the story.