- Text Size +

CHAPTER 13: Conversing  


     *My wife. The kids are home. A kiss. Hug the girls. Dinner is waiting. Tell them the news. Something big is coming. I'll be there to grab it. *


1 Day Until Naomi is Back

 

     The phone rings. Miranda puts her book down and strolls over from the couch. She's wearing a hoodie and skinny jeans and her red converse. She picks up the phone and looks at the call display. It continues to ring in her hand as she stares into space for a moment, head tilted. Then a smile, small and wicked, spreads across her lips and she looks over at me.

     I shudder.

     She answers the phone. "HELLO? .... OH HEY NAOMI!" she says, smirking at me. She reaches over and picks me up, her hand enveloping me easily. "OH, NICE. YEAH, ITS GOING GOOD HERE." She walks us over to the kitchen table and sits down. "I THINK HE'S DOING JUST FINE. HE'S ACTUALLY RIGHT HERE WITH ME NOW." She looks at me smugly, rolling me around in her hand. "YEAH, I COULD PUT HIM ON FOR YOU IF YOU WANT, "she says. She smiles down at me, and any thoughts I have of crying for help vanish. Instead of letting me speak, as I had a faint glimmer of hope for, Miranda bends down and puts me on the floor by her shoe. She covers the phone speaker with her hand and says to me quietly "LICK MY SHOE. DON'T TAKE YOUR MOUTH OFF IT OR I CRUSH YOU." Then she straightens and crosses her other leg, giving me a full view of her shoe's sole as an immediate threat and reminder. I lick.

     "OH YOU COULDNT HEAR HIM?" she says into the phone. "I GUESS HES TOO SMALL. OH WELL, HES DOING FINE, ARENT YOU ALPHA?" I glance up. She gives me a smirk and then proceeds to ignore me.

     I keep licking the white rubber, listening to her carry on a conversation with... I was going to say my girlfriend, but somehow that doesn't sound quite right. With the one I love. Well, one of the ones I love, I think ashamedly.

     I feel so helpless. I'm a slave to Miranda. I want to scream up into the phone for help, but it might as well be on a different planet than me. Instead I lick her shoe. Fuck, fuck fuck. I want to punch it in frustration, but instead I slam my fists into the floor. I want to run, but I know better.

     As if she hears my thoughts anyway, she raises her foot slightly in front of me. I back away out of impulse but she's already lowering it onto me. She presses down on my body, but my head is free and I can see her chatting above me. She's not looking down. I can't tell if she's trying to torment me or if she's really unaware of her movements. I guess that she's torturing me, or I would probably be half flattened right now. I keep kissing her shoe, and flush with humiliation.

     I can hear her conversation winding down. Suddenly the shoe presses down on me and a groan escapes my lips. I think I notice the smirk on her face returning, or maybe her hand fondling one breast under her shirt, but I can't breathe, there are spots in my eyes and I feel my chest cracking and popping.       "OKAY, WE'LL SEE YOU TOMORROW THEN. DO YOU WANT TO SAY GOODBYE TO ALPHA?" She says to the phone, and she holds it away from her mouth, into empty air. Her cold eyes flutter down to me. Her lips are parted, her face slightly flushed. I see a hint of a smirk tug at one corner of her mouth before her foot squashes my insides up and out, and my eyes fill with blood and viscera a second before I die.