- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
It was brought to my attention that I never explained why there's only one tag. For some reason the website will only let me add one. I have no clue why, but any help with that is greatly appreciated. This story will mainly be about feet, growing woman, shrinking man, and some violence. A few other things will be thrown in from time to time. Just thought I'd let you know. Enjoy!
Trouble In A Bottle: Chapter 5

Shaun was particularly excited about getting home today. He was excited to get home every day, but this was different. He had gotten Zarelda a present and couldn't wait to give it to her. Shaun pulled into his parking spot and grabbed his backpack and Zarelda's present from the passenger seat. He took the stairs two at a time and jogged to his door. His excitement caused him to fumble with his keys, but he managed to unlock the door.

" Zarelda! I have a surprise for you! " Shaun shut the door and set his backpack down. Zarelda was on the coffee table waiting for him as usual.

" What is it? " she asked as Shaun sat down on the couch.

He held up a grey plastic bag. " You got me a bag? " Zarelda asked confused.

" No, haha. It's in the bag. " Shaun reached in the bag and pulled out a toy doll. The doll was encased in plastic packaging and was wearing a yellow sundress.

" A doll? "

" Well, the dolls not for you. Her clothes are though. "

" Really? Oh, thank you Shaun! I love it! " Zarelda clasped her hands together with a large smile.

Shaun returned her smile " Hold on a minute. I'll get it out for you. "

Shaun carefully opened the packaging so he could return the doll in case it didn't fit the tiny woman. " It was a bit awkward buying a doll. I told the cashier I was buying it for my little sister. She really didn't seem to care either way. "

With some effort, Shaun freed the doll from its plastic prison. He carefully removed the dress from the doll and handed it to Zarelda. " Try it on. Lemme know if its not the right size. I'm going to get a drink. " Shaun left Zarelda to change clothes and went to the kitchen. " She may be small, but she's one of the best looking women I've ever seen. " he thought sneaking a peek at Zarelda from the corner of his eye. He got a mug from the cupboard and poured himself some milk. When he came back into the living room, Zarelda had already changed into the dress.

" I love it, Shaun! " Zarelda said spinning around in it.

" Glad you like it. I'll try to get you more every now and again. "

" Thank you so much! How can I repay you? "

" No need to. It's a gift. "

Zarelda frowned " I can't just take this for free. "

" Don't worry about it. I gotta go to the bathroom. Be right back. " Shaun set his mug on the coffee table and got off the couch. Zarelda watched him go out of the corner of her eye. She waited until she heard the door close, then reached into the small pocket of the dress and pulled out the vial. " This is my chance! " Zarelda thought with a wicked grin on her face. She ran to the mug, thankfully she was a head taller than it, and dumped the powder into the milk. The powder worked with any amount, but the more you used the faster it worked. She only had a little bit so it would take longer, but it would get the job done. Zarelda cupped her hand and took a few sips of the milk. " All that's left is for that idiot to drink some. " Zarelda moved away from the mug and waited for Shaun to return. A few minutes Shaun came back, flopping down on the couch.

" Well, I have to type an essay. You can watch whatever you want, I'll be in my room. I'll come out and check on you from time to time. " Shaun said grabbing his mug.

" Thanks again for the dress. " Zarelda said letting her excitement trickle out.

Shaun stood up and took a sip from his mug. Zarelda almost cried out in victory, but she kept her emotions in check. " You're welcome. Oh, by the way, I'm going shopping for stuff for the apartment with a friend tomorrow. You'll have the place to yourself another day. "

" Okay. "

Shaun left for his bedroom. Zarelda waited until he was out of earshot then jumped up and down in celebration. She was finally going to be normal sized again! She would have her magic back! " It's only a matter of time now. " Zarelda grinned evilly.


Shaun pulled up in front of the house Kyrie shared with her friend, Victoria. He honked twice to let her know he was there. Kyrie had agreed to help him get some things that'll make his apartment look much better. He watched as Kyrie came out of the front door. Shaun had known Kyrie since his junior year of high school. When he'd first started talking to her, he'd had a small crush on her. The two quickly became great friends. Shaun decided against ever asking Kyrie out on a date or anything of the sort, it was just too weird. They had remained friends ever since. They both ended up going to the same college after high school. Shaun ate lunch with her and some other friends every day. Outside of school, they hung out whenever their individual schedules allowed it. Kyrie was a fairly short girl, maybe 5'0. She was a mixture of Hispanic, Asian, and Irish ethnicity. Her hair went down to her shoulders and was dyed a deep red. Today she was wearing a white T-shirt, running shorts, and black flip flops. Shaun would never admit it to her, but lately those old feelings for her had returned. He didn't have a clue how to approach the situation. He kept hoping something would come to him. As Kyrie opened the car door Shaun grinned and said " Hey, how's it goin' short stuff? "

" Hahaha, that hasn't gotten old in all the years I've known you. "

" And it never will. " Shaun laughed.

Kyrie buckled in and flipped through the radio stations. " Jeez, make yourself comfortable why don't you. "

" Okay! " Kyrie slid her feet out of her flip flops and put them on the dashboard.
" Get your feet off my dash. "

" No, hehe! "

" Ugh, whatever. You ready to go? "

" Lets roll out! "


Shaun and Kyrie walked around the furniture store. Shaun was looking for a bed frame and a desk. He'd already ordered the desk and was now searching for a bed frame.

" Hey, that one looks nice. " Kyrie said pointing to their right. The one Kyrie was talking about was made of black wood and had drawers built into the base. Kyrie crouched down and pulled out one of the drawers " Oooooh, fancy. "

Shaun looked at the price tag. " Yeah, that's doable. It is pretty nice. "

Kyrie stood up and looked at Shaun. She opened her mouth as if about to speak then closed it and frowned.

" What is it? Is there something on my face? " Shaun asked.

" No, no. I swear you seem a bit shorter. "

Shaun squinted at her " You're hilarious Little Red. "

" No, I'm serious. You look a couple inches shorter. "

" What if you just grew a couple inches? "

" Hmmm, I guess that might be it. " Kyrie said doubtfully.

" Maybe I won't be able to call you Little Red for much longer. " Shaun laughed and turned to get a sales clerk. Kyrie looked at the back of his head with a confused frown.


Shaun shut the front door behind him, locking both locks.

" Shaun! I have fantastic news! " Zarelda cried.

Shaun rushed to the coffee table " What is it? ".

Zarelda raised her arms " Look at me! "

Shaun didn't see anything different about her. She was still barefoot and wearing the dress he'd gotten her. Then he noticed it; Zarelda was maybe 2 inches taller!

" Oh my god! What happened? " Shaun asked sitting down.

" I don't know! It just happened! I noticed that my eye level was higher, my hands and feet were bigger too! I think the sorceresses curse is wearing off! " Zarelda said happily.

" This is great! I'm so happy for you, Zarelda! We have to celebrate! " Shaun rushed into the kitchen.

He opened the fridge and grabbed a bottle of wine Kyrie had given as an apartment warming present. He also grabbed a corkscrew. " Wait, I don't have a cup small enough for Zarelda. " An idea came to him. He hurried out of the kitchen towards the bathroom. " Hold on, I'll be right there. " he said to Zarelda. Shaun opened up the medicine cabinet and pulled the small cup off a bottle of cough syrup. He returned to the couch, placing the cup in front of Zarelda. " You do want some of this, right? "

" Yes! Very much so! "

Shaun popped the cork, letting fly off to the corner of the room. He poured a small amount into Zarelda's cup, then took a large sip for himself. " I hope your not a lightweight. " Shaun laughed. Zarelda awkwardly picked up the cup and took a large gulp. Some of it spilled down the front of her dress. Shaun burst into a fit of laughter.

" I could say the same to you. " Zarelda said wiping her chin.

" We'll see about that. "


A couple hours later Shaun passed out on the couch. He'd drunken most of the wine himself, only giving Zarelda a little bit. He began to snore loudly. Zarelda was sitting on the coffee table with her legs laid out in front of her feeling quite pleased with herself. One of the perks of being immortal was that alcohol barely affected her. On the other hand, it would make the powder work even faster on Shaun. The small dose she'd given him would've taken a few days normally, but the wine will quicken the pace greatly. It was all going according to plan. Zarelda's muscles tensed as she started to grow again. Her devilish smile appeared once again.