- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the short chapter guys. This one was had necessary information, but was hard to end without drawing it out too long. I decided to keep it short. Not a lot of action in this chapter, but things should pick up in the next chapter. Constructive criticism is appreciated and enjoy! We're reaching the end!
Trouble In A Bottle: Chapter 18

In the morning, they all ate a small breakfast. The girls had cereal and chopped some pieces off a banana for Shaun. Afterwards, they moved to the couch and Victoria entered the number David had given them into her phone.

" Let's hope this goes well. " she said and pressed call.

She turned the speaker on and put it on the table. Someone answered on the fourth ring.

" Who is this? " a male voice asked sharply.

" Hello, my name is Victoria Abbott. "

" How did you get this number? "

" A man named David... Holy shit he never even told us his last name. "

" What about David? What's happened? "

" We think he's dead... Zarelda got free. She's on the loose and human sized again. He tried to stop her... We haven't seen him since. "

" WHAT!? Zarelda is free!? How did this happen?! "

Victoria told the man what David had told them and then told him Shaun's story.

" Dear God... This can't be. I-I have to tell the rest of the order. Is this the number I should contact you with? "

" Yes. "

" Stay close to this phone. I will be in touch soon. "

With that, the man hung up the phone.

" Well, that was fast. I expected it to take a lot longer. " Kyrie said.

" Yeah. What should we do until he calls back? " Shaun asked standing on the coffee table.

" I guess we should just wait around here. " Victoria suggested.

Luckily, it was Saturday so the girls didn't have to go to school. Victoria flicked on the TV.

" Anyone want a foot rub? "

" Sure. " Victoria said propping her feet up in front of him.

" Kyrie? I could do both of you at once. " he said earnestly.

" I suppose. " she said scooting next to Victoria and putting her feet up too.

" Ahhhhhh. Seen the light have you, little foot? " Victoria laughed.

" It doesn't feel terrible. "

Shaun approached both girls feet. Victoria's feet dwarfed Kyrie's by quite a bit. He put his left hand on Victoria's foot and his right on Kyrie's.

" We should probably wash your garment sometime today. Don't want it to start smelling bad. " Victoria said.

" Yeah, sure. "

He was too busy rubbing circles into each girls foot to really hear what she said.

" So, Vic. Something interesting happened last night. " Kyrie grinned.

" Oh, really? Do tell. "

" A certain someone finally told me he liked me. "

" No freaking way! You're kidding! " She pushed for foot forward, nearly making Shaun fall over. " You're just a little lady charmer, aren't you? "

" Heh. Yeah, I guess I am. " Shaun blushed and scratched his head.

" Took you long enough. I've been waiting for you two to get together for like four years. It was really aggravating to watch. You picked a strange time to speak up. "

" All that's been going on helped me get my priorities straightened out. And we're not officially together yet. I'm going to take Kyrie on a date when I'm back to normal. "

" Oh, please! You might as well call each other boyfriend and girlfriend now. You two are perfect for each other. "

Kyrie and Shaun both blushed and looked away from each other simultaneously.

" Geez, I think it's gonna be harder watching you guys going out. " Victoria sighed.

__________________________________________________________

Zarelda closed the door to the bathroom. The man, whose name she found out was David, was very resilient to her questioning. He had been well trained. All that she had gotten out of him was that he didn't know Shaun and was acting on the order's command. However, he could always be lying.

For now, she was safe to continue with her plans. She would just have to be on guard and watch her back in the next few days. Once the powder was completed, she would have nothing to fear from anybody. Not even the fools of the order. So far flames, knives, and electricity had produced little results.

An idea was forming in her head for a new method. She went to the couch and retrieved the gun from under one of the couch cushions.

" This should work excellently. " she sneered.

Zarelda entered the bathroom again. David was bound by chains all over his body and was lying in the bath tub. His mouth was magically sealed, so he didn't scream out for help. David's face was covered in dried blood and healed cuts. His shirt was torn open to reveal burn marks and even more cuts.

Zarelda smiled at him and put the gun to his leg. " Well, David. You have put up quite a fight. And as much as I enjoy when they put up a fight, I need answers. I will give you one last chance to talk before I escalate things. "

David glared at her and shook his head.

" What a shame. You have forced me to use this weapon. " She jabbed the gun into his leg. " I understand there are places you can shoot that aren't lethal, but hurt very much. Even if the wound is lethal, I could always let it become infected and let you reach the brink of death. Then when you're begging me to let you die, I'll heal you and do it all over again. Unfortunately, this is too loud to use here. How about we go out to the desert? No one will bother us out there and afterwards I can leave you there for a day or so. Maybe you'll feel like talking then? "

David's glare intensified.

" Come. Let's have some fun. " Zarelda grabbed David's arm and the two vanished.

__________________________________________________________

A couple hours later, the man called back.

" I have spoken with the order. I have been given the task of recapturing Zarelda. You are in the U.S., correct? "

" Yes, Arizona. " Victoria answered.

" I'm going to need your address. We need to verify this before we start a full on operation. "

She gave him the information he needed to find the house.

" Okay. I will be there in a few days. In the meantime, I advise you to stay away from Zarelda. She is a very dangerous woman. "

" Hold on! What's your name? So I know. "

" Joseph. Joseph Newgate. "

Joseph hung up the phone.

" I really hope he gets here in time. Zarelda has had a lot of time to herself. She could've already finished the powder by now. " Shaun said.

" If it was finished, I think we'd be seeing a fifty foot tall witch stomping through the neighborhood. " Kyrie said with a strained laugh.

" Yeah, I guess you're right. I can't believe this all might be over in a few days. I might be normal sized again! "

" Or Zarelda's gonna finish the powder and the order won't be able to stop her. She'll enslave the entire world. " Victoria said slowly.

Shaun and Kyrie looked at her in shock.

" Sorry, my mom always said I could be a real downer sometimes. "