- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This is it, folks. The final chapter of Fleeting Love. We've come a long way since this trilogy began and its all come down to this! Without further ado, sit back and relax. It's a long chapter!

Fleeting Love: Chapter 28 - Finale

Jon could feel Aphrodite's power surging through him. The red veins of energy had spread all the way up to his sleeve and disappeared underneath. A small part of him was concerned about what was happening, but he ignored it. He had the powers of a Greek god! He could do anything he wanted just by thinking.

Right now he wanted to get some well deserved revenge on Aphrodite. He teleported over to the bitch as she climbed back to her feet. She barely had time to realize he was there before he wrapped his hand around her throat. He slammed her against the pillar one more time and didn't let go.

" You can't... kill me. I'm still... immortal. " Aphrodite managed to gasp out, struggling to free herself.

" Who said anything about killing you? I just want some good old fashioned revenge. " Jon said, grinning maniacally.

The amulet was obviously changing him, but he was enjoying it too much to care. He lifted the goddess off her feet and threw her to the foot of the small staircase. She landed with a loud thud and started coughing uncontrollably. Jon teleported over to her again, watching her try to regain her breath. Unknown to him, the energy veins had spread to his neck and were still growing. His eyes were glowing with the same red light as well. Aphrodite slowly rose to her feet with one hand on her neck.

" You are a fool. Humans are not meant to wield that much power. If you keep using my amulet, it will kill you! " she warned.

" That's funny. I feel fantastic. Better than I have in my entire life. I think you're lying so I'll give up your amulet. I'm not that much of a fool, Aphrodite. "

Jon raised his hand in front of her face and snapped his fingers. The snap echoed throughout the temple. Suddenly, the goddess began to shrink. Her head and arms receded into her toga. Her small feet disappeared inside it too. All the while Aphrodite screamed at the top of her lungs.

" Noooo! You can't do this to me! I am a goddess! Stop this! STOP! "

She continued to shrink until all that was left was her toga with a tiny lump squirming underneath. Chuckling, he reached inside the toga and grabbed the tiny goddess by her ankle. He brought her up to his face hanging upside down. She swung wildly trying to escape his grasp.

" How the tables have turned! I never thought I would be in this position. " Jon laughed.

" Release me, Jonathan! If you continue, I will have no mercy when I regain my powers! " she threatened.

" It's hard to be intimidating when you're three inches tall. Plus, I don't think you're getting your amulet back anytime soon. "

He tossed Aphrodite into the air and caught her in his fist. He squeezed her with all his strength, which was boosted by the amulet. Aphrodite cried out in pain, straining to break free. Without warning, the amulet was torn from his hand. Jon spun around to see Athena standing behind him, now holding the amulet.

" Enough! You have made your point, Jonathan. " Athena yelled.

The veins of energy dissipated until they were gone.

" I'm sorry. I think the amulet was doing something to me. "

" Yes. I had hoped you would still have the coin when you took the amulet. It was a risk. I assume you know the saying absolute power corrupts absolutely. "

Jon nodded his head and looked at the hand that held the amulet. The feeling of power lingered in his body. He also realized all the pain from the fight with Aphrodite was gone. The amulet had completely healed him. He was startled by something tapping his other hand. He raised it to see the shrunken Aphrodite beating his thumb with her fists. He'd totally forgotten she was in his hand.

" Athena! Return me to normal! Now! " Aphrodite screamed.

Athena bent down so her helmeted face was level with her fellow goddess.

" My apologies, Aphrodite. I do not think I am going do that. I have you right where I want you. Jonathan would you please hand me my sister? " Athena asked, clearly quite happy.

He dropped the diminutive goddess into her outstretched palm.

" There will be no escaping your punishment this time. " Athena said triumphantly.

Suddenly, a tremendous clap of thunder boomed outside of the temple and a blinding light flashed at the entrance. When his vision returned, he saw a huge man standing in the temple's doorway. He must have been at least seven feet tall and was muscular beyond belief for a man of his apparent age. He had long, gray hair that hung freely and a bushy beard with a single black streak on the left side. His skin was a dark olive color. His eyes were a dark brown. The man was wearing a white toga with one shoulder, a brown leather belt, and leather sandals that came up to just above his ankle. This man exuded power that crackled throughout the room. He was glaring directly at Athena. Jon was fairly certain he knew who this mystery man was.

" Athena, what is the meaning of this? Why is there a mortal in Olympus? " he asked, walking towards them.

Athena defensively stepped in front of Jon before answering.

" There is a good reason for all of this, Zeus. This was all part of my plan to prove to you that Aphrodite has broken the rules. She has interfered in the lives of mortals. " Athena explained.

Jon had guessed right. He was Zeus, the king of the Greek gods.

" You have tried to prove this before. And stealing another god's object of power is a serious offense. " Zeus said, folding his arms over his chest.

" This time is different. I have irrefutable proof. Look into this boy's mind and see for yourself. "

Athena stepped to the side and put a hand on Jon's shoulder. Zeus shifted his gaze to Jon, making him feel incredibly small without shrinking him. The king of the gods stared at him for a few moments before looking back at Athena.

" Who assisted you in this? You could not have done all of it by yourself. "

" Icelus manipulated the boy's dreams for me. Poseidon got the boy off Aphrodite's ship and delivered him to my island. "

" I see. Give her to me. " Zeus said, holding out his hand.

Athena deposited Aphrodite onto Zeus' hand.

" Zeus! Thank goodness you are here. Do not believe anything you saw in that boy's mind. It is all one of Athena's lies. You must help me. " Aphrodite begged.

" Silence! You have broken the rules of Olympus and attempted to hide it from me. You shall be punished accordingly. " Zeus boomed, making Jon wince at the volume.

" No! Please, Zeus! This is Athena's way of spiting me. You know- "

Aphrodite went silent when Zeus pointed a finger at her.

" Jonathan Bennett. For everything that Aphrodite has done to you, you shall choose her punishment. What do you choose? " Zeus asked.

He was taken aback by Zeus' question. Honestly, he expected the god of the sky to smite him for trespassing. It didn't take him long to come up with an answer though.

" Make her the Aguilar family's foot slave. Just like the game she made me play. " Jon said, grinning.

" A fitting punishment. Aphrodite, your title as the goddess of love is hereby suspended. You will serve as the Aguilar family's slave until I feel you have learned your lesson. Any attempts to escape will only add time to your punishment. " Zeus proclaimed.

Aphrodite's face turned into an expression of absolute horror.

" No, Zeus... Please... There must be another way I can atone for my crime. Anything but this. " she pleaded, dropping onto her knees.

" Your punishment has been decided. It begins now. "

With that said, Aphrodite vanished into thin air. Zeus let out a heavy sigh and returned his gaze to Athena.

" You have done well exposing Aphrodite's games to me, Athena. However, do not try another plan like this. You could have sparked a war between the gods. I trust you will watch over Aphrodite during her punishment. Do what you wish with the mortal. "

Zeus disappeared in another blinding flash of light. Once he was gone, Athena put both hands on her helmet and removed it. Underneath the helmet was a beautiful face with gray colored eyes. Her long, brown hair was done up in a tight bun. Athena's owl came gliding down from above and landed on her shoulder.

" Well done, Glaukos. " she said, petting it with a finger.

" Thanks for sending the owl, by the way. I don't think I would have been able to do it without him. "

" You are welcome. Although I should be thanking you. Not only did you accomplish your mission, you did it knowing your life was at risk. Thank you, Jon. I am in your debt. I would like to repay you with a gift. Anything you want within reason. "

Jon put a hand on his chin, thinking of what he wanted most in the world. The answer came just as quickly as Aphrodite's punishment.

" I want- "

" It is already done. I had a feeling I knew what you were going to want. I was right. " Athena cut him off.

Jon gave a small laugh. He looked around at Aphrodite's temple. He had done what he thought was impossible. He had put an end to Aphrodite's games. He and Alexis could live a relatively normal life now. Jon almost didn't believe it was true.

" So... What now? " he asked.

" Now, Aphrodite is going to serve her punishment for a very long time. Because we are immortal our punishments are carried out for years. She will likely be serving your friend Bridget's children and possibly their children too. As for you and Alexis, I will return you to the ship and both of you can decide what you want to do together. The two of you can keep your memories of everything that has happened. I trust that both of you can keep all of this a secret. Everyone else that took part in the games will have no memory of it. Not even the Aguilar's. I am afraid I cannot interact with you after I have returned you home. The rules forbid it. Just know that I will be watching over you. " Athena explained.

Jon let everything she said sink in for a few moments. This really was the end of it all. No more Greek gods and magic. No more games.

" Alright. I'm ready. Send me back. " Jon said.

Athena raised her hand and paused.

" Goodbye, Jonathan. " she said, waving her hand.

Jon was sent back to the ship instantly. Athena walked over to the vacant throne of the goddess of love. She set the amulet down on the seat and teleported off as well.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Jon stood on the balcony of Aphrodite's former office, looking out at the ocean. The time was about eight at night and the stars were already shining in the sky. He couldn't even begin to guess where on Earth they were, but it didn't really matter. It had been over a week since Aphrodite's downfall. He and Alexis had decided to spend a bit more time on the ship so they could do everything they hadn't been able to before. Athena was in charge of Aphrodite's ship until the cruise was over.

Alexis seemed recovered from her game with Sandra. It must have been horrible for someone who didn't have the same tastes as him. Jon felt better than he had in months. Without Aphrodite watching over him like an oppressive storm cloud he was truly happy. Although, a part of him was still uneasy. He feared Aphrodite would suddenly appear in front of him and take her revenge. He had a feeling it would be like that for awhile.

Shaking his head, Jon went over to the table he had set up earlier. The table was covered with a white table cloth and had two comfortable chairs on each side. On the table were a vase full of roses, an ice bucket with a bottle of sparkling cider inside, and two place settings. The menu for the night was steaks with vegetables and cheesecake for dessert. Candles in small glass holders were also on the table. Everything was perfect for their date.

Jon had been planning this since he returned. With some help from Athena, it all came together quite easily. He looked at the watch on his wrist. Earlier that day he sent Alexis a message telling her to come to the office at eight. She would be there any minute. He hurried back inside the office and sat on the desk, waiting for her to arrive. A couple minutes later, there was a soft knock at the door.

" Come in! " Jon called, unable to stifle a grin.

The door slowly opened to reveal Jon's beautiful girlfriend. Alexis was wearing a short, white dress and white flip flops. Her hair was done up nicely in a bun at the back of her head with some still loose. Her toes were painted their classic red. Jon was wearing a blue dress shirt with the sleeves folded up, tan cargo shorts, and white shoes. He had gotten a short haircut since returning to the ship. An unexpected side effect of using Aphrodite's amulet was that every scar or blemish on his entire body healed completely.

" I got a message telling me to be here at eight sharp. I'm not late am I? " Alexis asked, smiling back at him.

" Nope. You're right on time. "

He hopped off the desk and walked over to her. Wrapping his arms around her waist, he lifted her into the air and spun her around. She gave him a kiss before he set her down.

" Hey, handsome. So, this is where you've been hiding? "

" Not hiding. Preparing. Remember when I said that I wanted to take you on our first real date? Well... This is it. "

Alexis' eyebrows raised in surprise and she looked behind him at the table outside.

" You didn't have to do all this! We're already in a relationship. " she said, smacking his shoulder.

" I wanted to. And it wasn't hard. I had some help from Athena. Come on. "

Jon offered her his elbow, which she hooked her arm under. He led her onto the balcony and pulled her chair out for her.

" This looks amazing, Jon. I love it. " Alexis said, sitting down.

" Thank you. I hope you're hungry. There's plenty to eat. "

He poured each of them a glass of cider before sitting as well. The couple ate their meal and talked about everything they had done in the last few days. They also discussed finally going home the next day. Both of them agreed that they had spent enough time on the ship. When they were done eating, Alexis leaned back in her chair and fixed Jon with an expectant stare. After waiting a few moments for her speak, Jon decided he would ask.

" Is there something on your mind? "

" Are you going to tell me? "

" Tell you what? "

" What gift Athena gave you for helping her. You've teased me with it for days now. I want to know what it is. " she demanded, smiling despite trying to sound upset.

Jon couldn't help but chuckle. He had been teasing her quite a bit with what the mystery gift was. Maybe it was time to reveal Athena's gift.

" Do you really want to know? "

" Yes, Jon. I do. "

" Alright. I guess I can show you. Scoot back your chair. "

Alexis did as he said. He stood up and went over to her side of the table. Standing next to her chair, he began to unbutton his shirt.

" When I do this we'll have to go inside quick 'cause it's kinda chilly out here. "

" Whatever you say, stud. " Alexis joked, watching him undress.

He stripped down to his boxers and shivered in the night air.

" Here we go. "

Jon closed his eyes and started to slowly dwindle in size. Alexis let out a surprised gasp as she watched him shrink to four inches. He shrunk right out of his boxers which fell to the ground. He had only done this twice before alone in his room. The new feeling of shrinking would take some time to get used to. While shrunken he was indestructible, but not immortal. He didn't know how small he could shrink and wasn't sure he wanted to find out.

He walked over to her cute, big toe and planted a kiss on the skin. Her toes wiggled happily and pulled free from the flip flop. She pinched his waist between her big and second toe then lifted him up to her hand.

" Jon! You didn't have to use your gift on this. You could have had anything in the world. " Alexis said, bringing him up to her face.

" I already have what I want most in the world. " he said, rubbing her palm affectionately.

Alexis blushed slightly and leaned forward to give him a huge kiss that covered the entire upper portion of his body.

" Come on, foot boy. Let me thank you for the wonderful date. "

Alexis took him back inside the office. She set him on the desk then sat in the cushy chair. Propping her feet up on the desk, she tipped the chair back.

" How about we start with a nice massage and go from there? " she suggested.

" You got it, babe. "

Jon grew until he was a bit taller than her dainty feet. He put his small hands on her big toe. He was suddenly reminded of the first game all that time ago. Standing on Alexis' coffee table, rubbing her feet for the very first time. It all seemed so long ago. As he thought about it, his member rose to attention. Grinning, he began to rub his girlfriend's feet.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Aphrodite was absolutely miserable. She was kneeling on the sole of a mortal bitch, rubbing cocoa butter lotion into her skin. Damn Athena and that traitorous insect! She had only been in the possession of the Aguilar family for a few days, but they wasted no time putting her to work. Within minutes of appearing on their coffee table, Ingrid made Aphrodite give her a foot rub.

To be reduced to such a status was infuriating for the former goddess. At first she had cursed at the woman, telling her she would never touch the feet of a lowly mortal. However, Ingrid quickly asserted her dominance in the situation. She grasped the tiny, naked immortal in her fist and threatened to squeeze until she popped. It was impossible, but still very painful. Aphrodite was forced to do as the cunt asked.

Now, Ingrid sat on her couch with her legs tucked underneath her. Her feet were jutting out to the side with her soles pointing up. This is where Aphrodite knelt. She dug her lotion covered hands into the wrinkles of Ingrid's sole. Seeing that her slave was running low on lotion, Ingrid grabbed the bottle and pumped some onto her foot. She then shoved Aphrodite down into the mound and rubbed her along her foot. The former goddess struggled uselessly against her captor's giant hand.

By the time Ingrid let her go, her entire body was coated in lotion. Aphrodite wiped the goop out of her eyes and glared up at the mortal bitch. If only she had her amulet, Ingrid would sorely regret how she treated her little servant.

" I hope you live long enough for me to repay you, whore. " Aphrodite thought.

Suddenly, Bridget Aguilar came out of her room.

" Are you almost done with her, Mom? I'm heading out and I could use a foot cushion. " she said, pointing at Aphrodite.

" Okay. You can take her. Wash her off first. "

Bridget snatched Aphrodite up and brought her to the bathroom. She roughly rinsed the small woman off and then dried her. Aphrodite let her do all this without a word. She knew anything she said would be pointless. Once she was clean, Bridget carried her to her room and dropped her inside a black Converse sneaker.

The Aguilar's were rough with their servant because they knew she was immortal. They could do whatever they wanted with her and she would be fine. Aphrodite watched as Bridget's giant, socked foot entered the shoe. Her foot slid over the former goddess and pinned her to the insole. She wriggled her way to the arch of Bridget's foot so she wouldn't be crushed as hard with each step.

Aphrodite grimaced as she thought about how long she would servicing the feet of this family. Zeus said the minimum sentence would be the three family member's lifetimes. The only joy she would be getting for the foreseeable future is planning her revenge.

" You are going to pay for this, Jonathan. If you are dead when I'm freed, then your descendants will suffer instead. Or maybe someone else will do it for me. "

A malicious smile spread across Aphrodite's face. Meanwhile, Bridget walked out of her apartment with the former Greek goddess of love underfoot...


Chapter End Notes:

And that was the conclusion to the Goddess of Love trilogy. I hope you enjoyed it! A big thanks to any of you who read this story from the beginning and stuck with it. It really means a lot. The Goddess of Love was my very first story on this site and it's crazy to think how far I've come since then. Now, this series is not over. I have a couple more stories planned, but they're not going to focus on Jon and Aphrodite entirely. There are other Greek gods after all. Please leave a review and tell me what you thought. See y'all next time!