- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Both of our prisoner's have a rough day ahead of them in this chapter. We are definitely approaching the end game, folks. Who will come out on top? Our mortal hero, Jonathan? Or the Goddess of Love, Aphrodite? You'll just have to wait and see! Please enjoy and leave a review!
Fleeting Love: Chapter 21

Jon was in a strange place. A tunnel of swirling black smoke and blue light. He'd been wandering around for longer than he knew. As usual, he was butt naked. It didn't even faze him anymore.

Looking further down the tunnel, Jon saw something flying towards him. He could make out what appeared to be wings.

" A bird? "

The bird flew closer, revealing itself to be a black owl. The smoke condensed and rose up like a pillar in front of him. It came up to the center of his chest, then receded leaving behind a metal rod with bar sticking out horizontally from the side. The owl swooped down and perched on the bar.

" This game is taking far too long, Jonathan. You must wrap it up quickly. Time is of the essence. " A man's voice spoke in his head.

The voice sounded faintly familiar.

" Wait... You've been in my dreams before! You're the guy who told me to make a deal with Aphrodite. And this is the owl that gave me that coin! Who the hell are you? What is this place? "

" I am the owl you fool. This is the form I chose to take. If you must know, I will tell you. You won't remember when you wake up anyways. I am the god of nightmares, Phobetor. This is my domain. The dream world. "

Jon's eyes widened in shock at that. Yet another Greek god had appeared before him.

" Why are you talking to me? What do you care about Aphrodite's games? "

" My interest in this game is none of your business. All you need to know is that I'm on your side. "

" Well, I can't make it go any faster. I'm doing the best I can. "

" That is why I am talking to you. I've come to assist you. "

" How? "

A tremor suddenly rocked the tunnel, making Jon stumble. The owl merely looked up.

" You are being woken up. Listen while you can. You must look in the shoe. The thing you are searching for is there. "

" What? Do you mean Bridget? What shoe? "

The blue light in the tunnel was becoming brighter by the second. Phobetor unfurled his wings and rose up.

" Look in the shoe, Jon! Look in the shoe! " he yelled.

The light became too blinding to see. Jon covered his eyes and waited for it to end...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jon bolted awake, sitting upright with his heart beating rapidly. He'd just had an intense dream, but the details were already slipping away. The dream's message remained though.

" Good morning, Jon. " Ingrid said from overhead.

Unknown to him, the drawer had been open the entire time and Ingrid was silently watching.

" Morning. " he said trying to slow his heartbeat.

Ingrid's hand wrapped around him and brought him to her face.

" Are you alright? It looked like you were having a nightmare. "

" Yeah... Kinda. I'm okay. "

" Good. You have the day shift. I still need to punish you correctly. You'll need to be in top condition to make it. " she said grinning sadistically.

Jon didn't say anything in response.

" What? You're not going to put up a fight or mouth off? What happened to the brave bug I knew? "

" I learned better. Cussing at you wasn't helping my situation. I don't plan on trying to escape again either. I'll serve my sentence. " he lied.

" Hmph. I'll believe that when I see it. I have a feeling you'll sound very different after your shift. "

Ingrid got a balled pair of socks from the second drawer of her nightstand. She pulled them apart and dropped Jon into one. He wanted so badly to struggle and curse, but resisted the urge.

" I would suggest doing a good job while you're in my shoe. If you don't, you might get the night shift as well. " Ingrid said looking at him from the socks opening.

Again he didn't respond, he just swung in air at the toe of the sock. With a final smug laugh, her huge foot slid into the sock. Her toes grabbed him and he felt the bumps as he was put inside her shoe, blocking out all light. Horrible flashbacks to the other times he'd been in Ingrid's work shoes came to mind. It was going to be a day of hot, sweaty hell.

Jon found himself beginning to hyperventilate. Was he having some kind of panic attack? His heart started beating quickly again.

" Oh, God. I need to calm down. Just breathe. You're gonna be fine. "

He breathed slowly in through his nose and out through his mouth. After a couple minutes, he calmed down slightly. Ingrid had begun to walk, putting pressure on him with each step. The skin on skin contact was already making the shoe warm up. The heat would only get worse as the day progressed. Jon settled in for the long haul. All the while, the message from the dream pervaded his thoughts.

" Look in the shoe! "

__________________________________________________________

Alexis sat uncomfortably between Sandra's big and second toe. The seat of honor as Jon and her called it. Although she didn't enjoy it nearly as much as he would. Forty-five minutes ago, Sandra decided she wanted to go relax by the pool. She changed into a pink two-piece bikini, a pink robe, and pink flip flops.

They were all different shades of pink, but Alexis was still dumbfounded by how much the woman loved pink. Once she was ready, she smushed Alexis between her toes and went to the pool. Now, Sandra laid on a deck chair while Alexis sat with her head in her hands. For some reason, no one passing by noticed the tiny girl. Maybe Aphrodite made her invisible to other people. It didn't really change anything, but didn't help her situation either.

The humongous toes suddenly squeezed her sides. Alexis looked back at Sandra who had taken off her sunglasses and was grinning down at her.

" How about another massage, sweetie? Practice does make perfect. Maybe I can get you a bottle of lotion too. "

" I don't know, Sandra. I'm not really up for it. " Alexis called back to her.

" I've been patient with you so far, Alexis. But you are mine until Aphrodite takes you away and I want a massage. " Sandra said, her usual happy tone disappearing.

" And what if I refuse? " Alexis yelled standing up and turning to face the giantess from between her toes.

She knew this wasn't a great idea, but she couldn't take it anymore. She was going to take a stand... or the best she could at four inches tall.

" Oh ho ho! Listen to you! You got quite the little mouth, don't you? Are you sure you wanna do this, darlin'? " Sandra asked sitting up.

" I am NOT rubbing your big, freaking feet! "

" Alright, then. I think it's time to take a dip. Hold on tight. "

With that, Sandra swung her legs off the deck chair. Alexis lost her balance and fell in the space between her toes. She quickly grabbed onto her second toe for dear life. Sandra sauntered over to the set of steps that went into the pool. She put one hand on the railing and smiled at the itty bitty girl clutching her toe.

" I'd take a deep breath if I were you. " she said raising her foot over the water.

Alexis' wanted to cry out in anger, but used her last seconds to take a deep breath. She was torn off of Sandra's toe as it breached the waters surface. She floated freely for a moment before the collar tightened around her neck and dragged her further down. Her hair floated around her head, partially obscuring her vision, but she could still see Sandra smiling high above. The giantess took her time stepping deeper into the pool. Alexis was a decent swimmer and could hold her breath for awhile.

Hopefully Sandra wouldn't keep her down here too long. The water reached the tops of Sandra's thighs when she stood in the shallow end. Still grinning to herself, she began moving to the deep end. Alexis was hauled along with her massive ped, tugging at the collar so it wouldn't dig into her neck. Her oxygen supply was getting smaller by the second.

Sandra swam over to a corner of the pool and put her elbows up on the edge with her back facing the corner. She slowly started raising her leg from the water. Realizing what Sandra was doing, Alexis hugged the second toe again. Her lungs were beginning to cry out for air, but Sandra was taking her sweet time.

" Come on, come on! Faster! " she yelled in her head.

Finally, the gigantic foot broke the surface. Alexis immediately let out a loud gasp, taking in sweet air. Sandra laughed happily at the sight of the soaked, little girl clinging to her toe.

" You... You're crazy! I could've drowned! " Alexis said between breaths.

" Oh, please. I wouldn't intentionally let anything happen to you and neither would Aphrodite. After all, you are Jon's little lady. " Sandra laughed.

That gave Alexis pause for thought. She hadn't know Sandra was aware of her and Jon's relationship. How much did Aphrodite tell this woman?

" I hope you have learned your lesson. When I ask you to do something, you do it. No sass, missy. Understand? Why don't you stay down there awhile longer? Just to make sure the lesson really soaks in. "

Suddenly, the toe Alexis was hanging on scrunched up. The pad of the toe smushed against her cheek, trying to pry her off. It wasn't long before the toe won the battle. Alexis fell a few inches down the massive wall that was Sandra's sole when the collar made her stop in midair. The sudden impact of the golden collar on her throat caused her to hack painfully.

Not having any other options, she grabbed onto the wet sole. Sandra had kept her toes scrunched, so her wrinkles were pronounced. Alexis used these wrinkles as hand and foot holds. The water made Sandra's skin even softer than usual. Alexis herself was absolutely drenched as well. Her hair had become a tangled mess and her semi see-through toga clung to her skin.

" How pitiful must I look? " she wondered.

She didn't know how much longer she could handle being in a game. How the hell did Jon manage to do this so long without going insane? Sure, he liked feet but she had heard the stories straight from his mouth. Aphrodite's games were more torture than fun even for him. For the first time in over a day she thought about Jon and his own game.

He couldn't be doing much better than her as Ingrid's prisoner. She was sure, however, that he was trying his damnedest to escape. Alexis hoped with all her being that he was alright and close to winning the game. Because Jon was the only person who could save her from this hell...